Topic Stats

• 1,710 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 4.05.58 PM (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG

There are 1710 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 35.
#1101 3 years ago

Lots of WPC have that issue in combination with DMD and PinSound - I use an external power supply for PinSound and Shaker Drive. DMD is connector to standard supply - no resets, no errors.

#1102 3 years ago

Ty for the info. So a standard arcade power supply will work? And i would have to hook the 12 v to the pinsound board?

#1103 3 years ago

Yes, and you should prepare more power for a possible Shaker driven by PinSound-Board. I use stabilized 12 Volt and 10 Ampere.

1 week later
#1104 3 years ago

Here's a question for people with Pinsound in their STTNG. Does yours hesitate to play some music tracks? I notice it when starting a mode after the mission start jingle. There's a second or two delay before the track starts on mine.

AND, at the end of game, the final music track repeats forever well after the game is over. It's using the main theme track at the end so I can't just add in 10 minutes of silence to compensate for this bug.

#1105 3 years ago

I am new to pinsound, but am thinking about adding one to WH20 and TFTC. Are their any good reorchestrations available for these games? On youtube I could only find one for TFTC, but without Danny Elfman's theme song was huge turn off / disconnect from the theme. I heard something about the original voice actor of Wet Willy rerecording speech. Did that ever happen? That would be awesome!

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I am new to pinsound, but am thinking about adding one to WH20 and TFTC. Are their any good reorchestrations available for these games? On youtube I could only find one for TFTC, but without Danny Elfman's theme song was huge turn off / disconnect from the theme. I heard something about the original voice actor of Wet Willy rerecording speech. Did that ever happen? That would be awesome!

Go to pinsound community forum, create an account, and then you can download any available orchestrations. From there, you will need to have someone provide you with a game recording and you can play back on your PC to get an idea of the orchestration.

#1107 3 years ago

I found the reason for the music not starting when it should. I had some dead air at the end of a jingle. I trimmed it and now it works like it should. Still got the odd issue with the music at game over, though.

Quoted from pinballshark:

Here's a question for people with Pinsound in their STTNG. Does yours hesitate to play some music tracks? I notice it when starting a mode after the mission start jingle. There's a second or two delay before the track starts on mine.
AND, at the end of game, the final music track repeats forever well after the game is over. It's using the main theme track at the end so I can't just add in 10 minutes of silence to compensate for this bug.

#1108 3 years ago

I found the reason for the music not starting when it should. I had some dead air at the end of a jingle. I trimmed it and now it works like it should. Still got the odd issue with the music at game over, though.

Good catch!! I have not experienced the end music bug on any of my pins which have a PinSound board. I assume it's not a similar issue? Also check your config.txt file for any strange settings

#1109 3 years ago

I have a DESW and still have the issue where the pinsound does not boot half the time. From their website it says a known bug and would be fixed soon... 1 year ago. I updated my firmware, i wonder if it did not take or anyone else have this issue?

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have a DESW and still have the issue where the pinsound does not boot half the time. From their website it says a known bug and would be fixed soon... 1 year ago. I updated my firmware, i wonder if it did not take or anyone else have this issue?

what cpu are you using?

stock or rottendog?

#1111 3 years ago

Rottendog

#1112 3 years ago

Can any of the TAF owners provide a little review of the benefits? And did you upgrade speakers or use the existing?

Also - Is there a new addams mix or are you playing original sound files?

I have the Gold roms - is it compatible?

#1113 3 years ago

I went with the 20th anniversary mix, which is all new sounds from the movie. It completely changes the game in such a positive way. I absolutely love it. I did Flipper Fidelity speakers and I’m loving the upgrade. Pinsound took this game to a whole new level.

Marc

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I went with the 20th anniversary mix, which is all new sounds from the movie. It completely changes the game in such a positive way. I absolutely love it. I did Flipper Fidelity speakers and I’m loving the upgrade. Pinsound took this game to a whole new level.
Marc

FWIW pinsound is also providing upgraded speakers on their site now, less expensive than FF and a higher quality speaker. I believe it's Kevlar

#1115 3 years ago

this is why is doesn't work.

been there, done that.

I switched back to a stock cpu and NO PROBLEMS since then.

Sound board works every time.

#1116 3 years ago

I'm thinking I may have to pick one of these up for my BSD. I'd like to stick the original soundtrack in there. Just listening to it in my car makes me feel like I'm hunting vampires.

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW pinsound is also providing upgraded speakers on their site now, less expensive than FF and a higher quality speaker. I believe it's Kevlar

Good to know. The FF was a huge upgrade over stock and I am certainly happy. Also, stereo! It's good to know there are multiple options out there for us.

Marc

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Good to know. The FF was a huge upgrade over stock and I am certainly happy. Also, stereo! It's good to know there are multiple options out there for us.
Marc

I'm not saying you'd notice the difference if you already have FF, but it is a VERY easy install, and guarantees you have properly phased speakers (one of the reasons a lot of B/W games sound so bad) and like you said.. stereo!! Plus I like being able to adjust the cab woofer and the backbox speakers independently.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

this is why is doesn't work.
been there, done that.
I switched back to a stock cpu and NO PROBLEMS since then.
Sound board works every time.

Oh great, one thing fixed another one broke!

#1120 3 years ago

Does anyone know what happened to the multiple Doctor Who files that were on the community? There is only one left.

#1121 3 years ago

So let me ask a "hypothetical" (.......) question -- let's say I have a Shadow with pinsound....is there any way for me to make the game music changed to a bunch of good stuff from the Threat Level Midnight episode of the office?

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So let me ask a "hypothetical" (.......) question -- let's say I have a Shadow with pinsound....is there any way for me to make the game music changed to a bunch of good stuff from the Threat Level Midnight episode of the office?

If there is an existing Shadow file for PinSound, you can modify it with any music you have. You will have to be able to edit the music to crate loop points and such, but yes, it's something you can do with a bit of work.

#1123 3 years ago

I've gotta say, I enjoy Pinsound, but I feel like the file conversion fails a lot, and the boot up time is excessively long.

#1124 3 years ago

don't do file conversion. it is a waste of time. easier to just save as wav or ogg file and drag and drop into the appropriate folder. no need to convert that way.

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Does anyone know what happened to the multiple Doctor Who files that were on the community? There is only one left.

A bunch of the mixes of various games have been disappearing lately - I don't know the reason, whether it's technical or some other issue. They are around if you look elsewhere. Google PinSound doctor who mix

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I've gotta say, I enjoy Pinsound, but I feel like the file conversion fails a lot, and the boot up time is excessively long.

I always edit as wavs to save the conversion. Then religiously go an open a beer while the machine is booting up

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I don't know what happened, but I have copies of them all, and installed them all. My favourite is the 70s funk version of the theme tune, just awesome

I upgraded with the stereo Pinsound speakers, and it made a huge difference again over what the board itself achieved. I'm very pleased with this excellent product, which I have in DW, TAF, STTNG and TZ. There are other machines I considered converting but didn't bother as there's only the original soundtrack on pinsound community. I'd recommend folks check out soundtrack availability before upgrading. Personally, I want at least 3 soundtracks to choose from. It really adds to the gaming experience and revitalizes and re-invents these games IMO.

The only thing that worries me is whether there's enough activity on the community to produce new soundtracks, and if the copyright nazis are having soundtracks removed (e.g. DW) that would be most worrying.

#1129 3 years ago

I've recently put together what I think is quite a nice Pinsound mix for Judge Dredd for my pinsound board. I've tried to post it on that pinsound community forum but my file size is too big (larger than 200MB I believe). I could put it up on google drive if anyone was interested? The voices are the same unfortunately (I don't have the talent or capacity to re-create them in HD audio) but the music and jingles are all different as is some of the FX. I have also put in multiple tracks in all of the music folders so Pinsound randomly selects a track every time (one of the cooler and less utilised features of pinsound in my opinion). The tracks range from classic punk to industrial rock to heavy rock to electronica and even some psy-trance. I went for a apocalyptic postmodern vibe. Of course the tracks are copyrighted so you would have to own the tracks yourself etc etc.

#1130 3 years ago

Very nice! One criticism I have about the board and it's support is that the guys don't post much information about what's going on, or how to leverage the features very well. The forums used to be better populated too; I wish we knew what the deal was. Google drive it!!

#1131 3 years ago

Not that I am the ultimate PinSound guru, but I have started this guide (still much to be added).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound#post-3715636

#1132 3 years ago

Any news about data East system 2 games like Simpsons and Phantom?

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not that I am the ultimate PinSound guru, but I have started this guide (still much to be added).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound#post-3715636

Well, you kind of are...

#1134 3 years ago

tantrum, I was working on getaway also. Let me know if you want to pool our resources. I tried to PM you but pinside didn't cooperate.

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

tantrum, I was working on getaway also. Let me know if you want to pool our resources. I tried to PM you but pinside didn't cooperate.

I've actually already created 7 different versions for The Getaway. All available here for download: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

You are welcome to "borrow" anything from what I've done for your own custom orchestration. Just commit to posting it to the community site and share with others. What kind of theme do you have in mind?

#1136 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work with data East rev 2 yet?

3 months later
#1137 3 years ago

Guys I cant iron down that horrible humming that is common in most Data East pins, if I get the Pinsound, new speakers and new wires I wonder if this would solve my Jurassic park issues I'm having.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I've recently put together what I think is quite a nice Pinsound mix for Judge Dredd for my pinsound board. I've tried to post it on that pinsound community forum but my file size is too big (larger than 200MB I believe). I could put it up on google drive if anyone was interested? The voices are the same unfortunately (I don't have the talent or capacity to re-create them in HD audio) but the music and jingles are all different as is some of the FX. I have also put in multiple tracks in all of the music folders so Pinsound randomly selects a track every time (one of the cooler and less utilised features of pinsound in my opinion). The tracks range from classic punk to industrial rock to heavy rock to electronica and even some psy-trance. I went for a apocalyptic postmodern vibe. Of course the tracks are copyrighted so you would have to own the tracks yourself etc etc.

I'd love to check it out!

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I cant iron down that horrible humming that is common in most Data East pins, if I get the Pinsound, new speakers and new wires I wonder if this would solve my Jurassic park issues I'm having.

Can't speak first hand, but I have a friend that has a DE JP and previously had all kinds of noise. He did different things to insulate his boards and I know he put a secondary power source in to drive PinSound and some other stuff. I bet if you search through and of the DE threads (Jurassic Park is what comes to mind) you may find some answers.

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Any news about data East system 2 games like Simpsons and Phantom?

Or BTTF

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'd love to check it out!

Me too!

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I've put Pinsound in a Last Action Hero and a Jurassic Park. Neither one had any hum or slight buzz that the originals sound boards had. The LAH was cutting out at high volume so I put in a switching power supply to power it. Jurassic Park was okay. The difference with LAH is probably due to the fact that it still has the original power supply board and the best sound mix for it is mostly heavy metal music (more bass) causing more power draw. The JP has a newer Rottendog power supply.

Oh, and the mix for JP by Endprodukt is superb.

#1143 3 years ago

I've put Pinsound in a Last Action Hero and a Jurassic Park. Neither one had any hum or slight buzz that the originals sound boards had. The LAH was cutting out at high volume so I put in a switching power supply to power it. Jurassic Park was okay. The difference with LAH is probably due to the fact that it still has the original power supply board and the best sound mix for it is mostly heavy metal music (more bass) causing more power draw. The JP has a newer Rottendog power supply.

Just did the same for both of those machines as well, and both mixes are huge upgrades to the games. I also had to add a power supply to LAH (I used one those DC-DC converters from Amazon to go from 18V to 12V) but JP was fine. In case anyone runs into this, I needed to turn the volume pot all the way up on JP and use the volume adjustments on the board, otherwise it just made loud obnoxious sounds in attract mode.

#1144 3 years ago

This was alluded to earlier in the thread, but I wanted to confirm: If you turn up the volume on the Pinsound board (Especially if using the stereo cable), the board seems to draw more power. If you're having power issues, it may be worthwhile to turn down the pin sound board volume, and turn UP the game via the coin door buttons. I usually set my games to 8 or 9, and I've had it all the way up to 18 or 20. on WPC games, this keeps the PInsound board from drawing too much power, and may be a way to avoid adding a power supply. I'm not sure about DE games but it may be worth a try

#1145 3 years ago

If anybody is looking to take a dent out of the price of a Pinsound, I am looking for an original wpc-89 sound board working. Please pm me.

#1146 3 years ago

Any update on a SAM version?

#1147 3 years ago

after trying some of the crummier TAF mixes, it really shows me what a mediocre game TAF is; Raul Julia's energy really made the game a lot of fun to play. Swap the voices, and crap.

#1148 3 years ago

Has any one ordered a Pinsound kit directly from France lately? How long has it been taking to ship to the United States? I am worried my shipment is stuck in customs, because my tracking has not updated since January 4th.

#1149 3 years ago

No, but K's Arcade carries them domestically.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

No, but K's Arcade carries them domestically.

Unfortunately, they don't carry the Stern Whitestar kits. This is why I ordered directly from Pinsound.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Troy, NY
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 1710 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside