pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 36.
#1052 6 years ago

Whitestar support is here and real - 3 cheers to the French Pinsound legends!!!

below are some WIP vids of my LOTR Wool Mix. I used the Pinsound community OST mix as a base but have changed > 95% of music and added a tonne of speech/fx direct from the DVD centre channel mix. The mode songs are faithful to the films even to the point in how they layer up through progression (like the ringwraithes mode). Music is taken from the complete versions of the OSTs.

Apologies for the mediocre sound quality but you can get the idea.

https://vimeo.com/227564037
https://vimeo.com/227564136

#1053 6 years ago

My Pinsound boards are caught up in US customs :-/ Hopefully they will get released soon

#1054 6 years ago

FYI, just posted another Getaway orchestration. This time, all driving themed music from various artists (no ZZ Top in this one). Awaiting approval, but should be available soon.

#1055 6 years ago

The pinsound board in Whitestar games is awesome and transforms the game. I added on to my NFL pin. Can't wait for SAM support.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

The pinsound board in Whitestar games is awesome and transforms the game. I added on to my NFL pin. Can't wait for SAM support.

Played this last night and it sounds amazing!

If Pinsound ever figures out the SAM system I am going to go broke.

#1057 6 years ago

FYI, my new mixed artist orchestration for Getaway is now available for download on PinSound community: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

my new mixed artist orchestration for Getaway is now available for download on PinSound community

Congrats man, and good job!

#1059 6 years ago

Anyone know how to reach the Pinsound people? I've tried their contact us on their website and never hear back. I ordered 5 Pinsound boards, but the 2 for my Whitestar machines are missing the Whitestar adapters :-/

Edit: Pinsound saw this post and immediately contacted me. Since I had ordered 5 Pinsound boards and 5 sets of speakers there was so much stuff I missed seeing that I did indeed receive the Whitestar adapters. All is well! I can't wait to install these!

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I can't wait to install these!

You will be blown away.

I know I was (with my Champion Pub install).

#1061 6 years ago

Is Pinsound or sound board repair the only option for a Whitewater?
Mine every once in a while will do some strange sounds for no reason.
Looks like all sound boards are available except the style for Whitewater.
Seems strange they would leave one board type out to dry.

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone know how to reach the Pinsound people? I've tried their contact us on their website and never hear back. I ordered 5 Pinsound boards, but the 2 for my Whitestar machines are missing the Whitestar adapters :-/
Edit: Pinsound saw this post and immediately contacted me. Since I had ordered 5 Pinsound boards and 5 sets of speakers there was so much stuff I missed seeing that I did indeed receive the Whitestar adapters. All is well! I can't wait to install these!

I've had nothing but great response from Nicholas and the gang. However, you must realize this is not their full time gig (they are hobbyists with real jobs too), so response my not be immediate. IMHO, PinSound is the single best upgrade you can add to a pin as it completely changes/elevates the game play experience with custom orchestrations.

#1063 6 years ago

On a side note, I just saw another used PinSound that sold here (2nd one in the last month or so). Both cases are users who bought them, installed them, then were totally surprised that they magically didn't come with some uber version of a sound mix for their specific pin.

PinSound is an incredible product, and people shouldn't give up on it so easily. In one case, the guy wasn't even aware he could download a custom mix that was posted on PinSound Community. In the other, there was not custom mix but instead of either working on one himself or encouraging someone in his specific pin thread to help, he just gave up. People really don't know what they are missing by giving up so soon. We need to urge PinSound owners to be more collaborative with their orchestrations. If you've put together an orchestration, then share it on pinsound-community.org. If you are in the boat of having purchased a PinSound board, but don't know where to start then post to the forum or even PM me. I'm happy to share what knowledge and experience I have with others (not that I'm a pro or anything), but I do understand the product and have built several orchestrations for The Getaway (if I only owned more pins then I assure you there would be more custom orchestrations from me).

Anyway, just makes me a little sad when people give up on such a great experience and add-on to their pin.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

but don't know where to start then post to the forum or even PM me.

Yes. Also, I had started a thread about my install here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-wpc95-audio-visual-board

#1065 6 years ago

There is a promised Shaker add-on that seems to be coming somewhat soon - you will be able to program shaker events for ANY event that has sound..which is basically anything. I would love to put this in a Doctor Who or MB

#1066 6 years ago

Did they ever release an update? The super loud boot-up jingle is annoying.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Did they ever release an update? The super loud boot-up jingle is annoying.

If you've updated your PinSound board to the latest firmware (v0090), it should be fixed.
And if you prefer, you can customize your startup sound: copy your own boot.wav sound file in the "audio" folder on the flash drive.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

If you've updated your PinSound board to the latest firmware (v0090)

Oh nice. How do I upgrade the firmware?

#1069 6 years ago

I just updated the firmware on mine and the start up sound is as loud as it was before. ???

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

If you've updated your PinSound board to the latest firmware (v0090), it should be fixed.
And if you prefer, you can customize your startup sound: copy your own boot.wav sound file in the "audio" folder on the flash drive.

Mine is still very loud - but i fixed it by adding a boot.wav

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, my new mixed artist orchestration for Getaway is now available for download on PinSound community: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

FYI, posting an updated file (after playing several times, wanted to adjust the lane and main theme arrangements). I will PM site admin, so should be available soon.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Great, thanks!

#1074 6 years ago

Mr_Tantrum, thanks for the link!

#1075 6 years ago

Is Pinsound or sound board repair the only option for a Whitewater?

No, there probably is a factory style, but it's so much better sounding with the Pinsound. Might be an extra 100 or so for the pinsound at most too. I have mine in my WH20, and would never go back. It's clear, a lot of bass and they just fixed the whirlpool sound file. Any pre DCS game benefits from this.

#1076 6 years ago

Also, and more importantly, supporting PinSound gives us a viable and sustainable option for the future (as the older boards fail).

It's a no-brainer. Support them and save your machines.

(in my case, the older WPC95 boards can't be found anymore)

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

It's a no-brainer. Support them and save your machines.

I'm still holding back until they at least have a mode to accurately reproduce Pre-DCS boards. i.e. Same # of channels, no overlapping voices, etc.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm still holding back until they at least have a mode to accurately reproduce Pre-DCS boards. i.e. Same # of channels, no overlapping voices, etc.

Coyote - what do you mean by "same number of channel"? Pre-DCS games (and I think DCS and WPC95 games) are mono, 1 channel

You are right about the overlaps though- that would definitely be possible in the software

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Coyote - what do you mean by "same number of channel"? Pre-DCS games (and I think DCS and WPC95 games) are mono, 1 channel
You are right about the overlaps though- that would definitely be possible in the software

Sorry- I should have used a more familiar term - hardware voices. I.e. 1 CVSD, 1 DAC, etc.

The thing I don't like about the Pinsound, and would make the game sound abnormal would be when voices (actual quotes) start talking over each other. Sure, getting cut off sounds bad, but to me, two talking over each out would be worse. I dunno, I'm old-fashioned.

#1080 6 years ago

If the overlapping is a one off (like Picard cutting off Data in STTNG) it can be handled in a rules text file. If it's more widespread then you're right.

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If the overlapping is a one off (like Picard cutting off Data in STTNG) it can be handled in a rules text file. If it's more widespread then you're right.

Yeah, it's more widespread. It's *everything* in the game. I'm not too familiar with DCS, but with pre-DCS, there's one channel that reproduces voices and some static sounds. So if an audio is playing, and a higher-priority one is commanded to play, the sound OS will kill the one that was playing and immediately start the new one. In SOME cases, having the audiio voice isn't an issue (i.e. Rod Serling talking over the Slot Machine sound effect would be okay. Normally, Rod's voice will get cut off by the slot machine sound effect.) But in some cases - like TZ (for example, since I'm most familiar with that game) playing the 2nd Lock sound ('Don't Touch The Door, Don't Touch The Door') and shooting up to start multiball right away, you'd have two seperate sound bits saying the same thing at just offset time.

In short - I'd like it to *faithfully* reproduce the board it's replacing first, then look into new features.

But I'm not trying to be negative - lemme tell you, some of the remixes I've heard out there are effin' awesome. I'm a tradtionilist, so if I ever need to, I'll just buy the old boards ya'll take out.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, it's more widespread. It's *everything* in the game. I'm not too familiar with DCS, but with pre-DCS, there's one channel that reproduces voices and some static sounds. So if an audio is playing, and a higher-priority one is commanded to play, the sound OS will kill the one that was playing and immediately start the new one. In SOME cases, having the audiio voice isn't an issue (i.e. Rod Serling talking over the Slot Machine sound effect would be okay. Normally, Rod's voice will get cut off by the slot machine sound effect.) But in some cases - like TZ (for example, since I'm most familiar with that game) playing the 2nd Lock sound ('Don't Touch The Door, Don't Touch The Door') and shooting up to start multiball right away, you'd have two seperate sound bits saying the same thing at just offset time.
In short - I'd like it to *faithfully* reproduce the board it's replacing first, then look into new features.
But I'm not trying to be negative - lemme tell you, some of the remixes I've heard out there are effin' awesome. I'm a tradtionilist, so if I ever need to, I'll just buy the old boards ya'll take out.

He's right - it does do that. I think that can be solved with a software update though - a certain number of voices from one type (e.g. Music, stx, voice, etc ) can be set as maximum. It will happen

1 week later
#1083 6 years ago

Installed into my TAF and I am very happy so far! Still playing with the mixes and learning about the system, but I really like what I've heard so far.

Marc

#1084 6 years ago

Got another pinsound board installed into my LOTR, along with the 2.1 speakers and the OST mix, sounds great!

I'm still not sure what I want to do on this machine for my own mix; it's a hard theme to get really creative with. When I did the Outrun soundtrack for Judge Dredd, it fit the game because it's such a wild theme, but with LOTR it's like nothing really works.

#1085 6 years ago

Any news when the shaker support will be ready?

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Any news when the shaker support will be ready?

radio silence so far... the brothers do this as a side gig and I don't think it moves forward as quickly as we'd all hope

#1087 6 years ago

My latest Getaway PinSound mix is now available for download. I made a few corrections/mods to the orchestration that includes car/driving themed tracks from various artist and custom call-outs.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/222-getawayhs2-v7_mixedartists_customcallouts_mrtantrum

#1088 6 years ago

Pinsound in Apollo 13 anyone ?
Great (!!!) Soundtrack by James Horner.

But Pinsound is not working 100% like in LAH.

I´m 99% sure its not caused by the mix.

-> main theme music error (stays in mission music when mission completed or time over), think it should switch to main theme

-> mission start at ball start - ball drains while ballsaver active -
you get a new ball ("its not my fault") -> pinsound plays wrong
music after the voice sample

#1089 6 years ago

Shaker Support is already implemented, take a closer look into the new PinSound-Studio an the two expansion connectors on the board.
Then think about it and try playing with the adjustments.
I use that function in my Indy and it works very well.
Just keep in mind that PinSound-Board provides 5 Volt only on the expansion connectors, so you have to use a relay between Board and Shaker.

Belegung Board (resized).jpgBelegung Board (resized).jpg

Belegung Relais (resized).jpgBelegung Relais (resized).jpg

DSCN3439 (resized).JPGDSCN3439 (resized).JPG

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Shaker Support is already implemented, take a closer look into the new PinSound-Studio an the two expansion connectors on the board.
Then think about it and try playing with the adjustments.
I use that function in my Indy and it works very well.
Just keep in mind that PinSound-Board provides 5 Volt only on the expansion connectors, so you have to use a relay between Board and Shaker.

We know, dude You have an amazing shaker setup - it looks beautiful! There is no documentation on how to trigger the shaker in the config (at least as far as I know). I also don't have time to build one though, and I thought there was going to be a "PinSound Shaker" product - would love to add to Monster Bash or my Doctor Who.

#1091 6 years ago

You trigger the Shaker by the PinSound-Studio (V0.9). There's a small menu below where you can turn on the 5 volt of the expansion connector (Channel 1 or Channel 2) in milliseconds.
That's all, and all you have to do is to switch the Shaker of what Sound is currently playing.
For instance you want the Shaker run if you pull the trigger, you have to search for the Sound in the PinSound-Studio and switch on the expansion connector you want and how long you want.

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

#1092 6 years ago

Pinsound community registration not working after three days of trying? System won't send me a confirmation e-mail. It's not in my spam or junk folders. Tried several times this weekend, just keeps says "e-mail sent". I'm trying to download slamtilts' ver.2 TAF but no joy.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Genetic2000:

Pinsound community registration not working after three days of trying? System won't send me a confirmation e-mail. It's not in my spam or junk folders. Tried several times this weekend, just keeps says "e-mail sent". I'm trying to download slamtilts' ver.2 TAF but no joy.

PM me. I have it and can find a way to get you the files.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You trigger the Shaker by the PinSound-Studio (V0.9). There's a small menu below where you can turn on the 5 volt of the expansion connector (Channel 1 or Channel 2) in milliseconds.
That's all, and all you have to do is to switch the Shaker of what Sound is currently playing.
For instance you want the Shaker run if you pull the trigger, you have to search for the Sound in the PinSound-Studio and switch on the expansion connector you want and how long you want.

That.is.a.game.changer

Thank you

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Genetic2000:

Were you able to get this? If not, you can PM me as well.

#1096 6 years ago

I got the help I needed thanks!
TAF is like a whole new machine, I really love how rich the game environment is with better sound.
Now for IJ and AFM!
Cheers

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We know, dude You have an amazing shaker setup - it looks beautiful! There is no documentation on how to trigger the shaker in the config (at least as far as I know). I also don't have time to build one though, and I thought there was going to be a "PinSound Shaker" product - would love to add to Monster Bash or my Doctor Who.

I thought pinsound was producing their own kit. I dont have the tine to build one from scratch.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I thought pinsound was producing their own kit. I dont have the tine to build one from scratch.

That is my understanding as well - Averell built a phenomenal looking shaker that interfaces with the board - I just don't have time to learn and build all of that, on top of the time to program the actual shakes. Ibelieve the intention is to allow direct programming of the shakes to any sound event that PinSound can detect, not just those associates with a flasher, as is the usual approach.

#1099 6 years ago

Hi everyone i need some advise. I just put a pinsound board in my roadshow and it keeps resetting. I also have a color dmd in it too. Do you think a external power supply is needed. If so what should i use and how would i hook it up? Thanks

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Hi everyone i need some advise. I just put a pinsound board in my roadshow and it keeps resetting. I also have a color dmd in it too. Do you think a external power supply is needed. If so what should i use and how would i hook it up? Thanks

It's a possibility. I don't have a Roadshow but it seems hard to believe that just the ColorDMD and PinSound are causing the resets.
I have a Doctor Who with the same setup, and it only reset occasionally after it's been on for hours and hours, and the boards have not been re-capped.

You can try disconnecting the ColorDMD power to see if that's the issue. If so, a temporary fix is to get one of Rob Kahr's boards - http://kahr.us/

Most WPC games seem ok with both ColorDMD and PinSound as long as the PD Board is outputting a consistent 5V.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/22?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.