pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 36.
#901 7 years ago

Love the PinSound board in my IJ. For what it's worth after installing the PinSound board I would always blow F116 after the machine was on continuously for an hour or two. I also have a ColorDMD installed. Between the ColorDMD and PinSound board it was just a bit too much for my machine's power supply. I ended up installing a separate switching PS to power both the ColorDMD and PinSound boards and have never blown F116 again.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EDIT: just saw you figured it out

Nope, figured out the not booting problem. Still having the not recognizing the USB. And yes, I used two of the USB sticks I've been provided with my pinsound boards, plus a Sandisk.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Nope, figured out the not booting problem. Still having the not recognizing the USB. And yes, I used two of the USB sticks I've been provided with my pinsound boards, plus a Sandisk.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I suppose it's possible you have a bad board, then. I have several and they all act the same, but I suppose one could have slipped through QA..? If it won't recognize the USB you don't have a ton of options. What do the brothers say on the PinSound forum?

#904 7 years ago

I have the same problem and in the knowledgebase it says it's a weak 5v supply

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I suppose it's possible you have a bad board, then. I have several and they all act the same, but I suppose one could have slipped through QA..? If it won't recognize the USB you don't have a ton of options. What do the brothers say on the PinSound forum?

Haven't engaged over there, guess I will now.

So you have boards that won't load sounds as well Rdoyle1978 ?

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

So you have boards that won't load sounds as well rdoyle1978 ?

I've just had mine for a long time so I've seen a lot of issues when installing- mostly by me not paying attention!

I've formatted the USB in a non-FAT32 mode, turned on games without USB plugged in, got everything plugged right but forgot to load files, loaded corrupted files (bad download)... there's a bunch of different error msgs. But I was able to get them all figured out. I have not installed one in my creature which is my only game with a questionable 5V, so I might try that this week. I love some of those new mixes I'm hearing. Will have to put my TZ original board back in I guess..

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

So you have boards that won't load sounds as well rdoyle1978 ?

Unstable 5V makes a ton of sense - do you have one of Rob Kahr's boards? That would help to confirm the issue.

#908 7 years ago

Anyone experiencing audio delay as it relates to the action on the table when compared to stock sound?

#909 7 years ago

Yes I do. Weak 5v supply?

Very late, sometimes even a couple seconds.

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Weak 5v supply?

unlikely....

the front end of SFX samples need to be trimmed very tight. any silence will add latency. I'd look there first.

#911 7 years ago

No it's not bad just notice just a slight but only compared to what stock was. In using the popular mix for Indy so it's not the mix.

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No it's not bad just notice just a slight but only compared to what stock was. In using the popular mix for Indy so it's not the mix.

Are you using a different USB than the provided one? Different USB drives have different read times - may be taking too long to access the files

#913 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

unlikely....
the front end of SFX samples need to be trimmed very tight. any silence will add latency. I'd look there first.

The fact is sometimes the same sound or music is on time, other times is "out of sync".

#914 7 years ago

Here's one for you,I put a Pinsound board with FF speakers on my TAFG! Everything went perfect,until I put on my Headphones from Pinnovators,and poof went the amp section! Never blew the fuse! Amp toast! Worked for 20 minutes with speakers on! Fabulous sound for 20 minutes!!

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here's one for you,I put a Pinsound board with FF speakers on my TAFG! Everything went perfect,until I put on my Headphones from Pinnovators,and poof went the amp section! Never blew the fuse! Amp toast! Worked for 20 minutes with speakers on! Fabulous sound for 20 minutes!!

Oh no!! That sucks man

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Isn't this your third post in the past two pages about this? Have you contacted the Pinsound guys?

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Can you elaborate? I don't understand how plugging in headphones makes any difference. And I didn't know Pinnovators made anything compatible with Pinsound.

#918 7 years ago

I post becouse we don.t know how this happened! Until we figure it out,I did.t want anyone else to go thru this!!Pinnovators make Headphone sets for your pin.You can adjust volume,Mute main speakers,and get completely immersed in your pin,hearing sounds you did.nt know were there! GB is a good example! And,Yes,Nick will diagnose the problem as soon as I can get the whole thing back to France!!Don,t you guys have any headphones on your pins??Play into the night not disturbing the household (Wife ??

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I post becouse we don.t know how this happened! Until we figure it out,I did.t want anyone else to go thru this!!

Anyone else is probably simply going to use the built-in headphone jack on the PinSound.

#920 7 years ago

Probably!! But you can,t mute the main speakers,and,volume is not easily controlled! I had the Headphone mod on before I installed the Pinsound board! I have the same set up on my GB/PRe,ST/PRe Ripleys,B66LE,all with FF speakers! No problems with these,so why is my TAFG different???

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are you using a different USB than the provided one? Different USB drives have different read times - may be taking too long to access the files

Same one but this thing inherently has lag so expected. If you think you don't you're prob not hearing it.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Probably!! But you can,t mute the main speakers,and,volume is not easily controlled! I had the Headphone mod on before I installed the Pinsound board! I have the same set up on my GB/PRe,ST/PRe Ripleys,B66LE,all with FF speakers! No problems with these,so why is my TAFG different???

Wait; the PinSound headphone jack doesn't mute the main speakers?

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait; the PinSound headphone jack doesn't mute the main speakers?

Yes it does/can. You have a switch on the PinSound board to either enable or disable this feature.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes it does/can. You have a switch on the PinSound board to either enable or disable this feature.

Thank you, my point exactly

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I post becouse we don.t know how this happened! Until we figure it out,I did.t want anyone else to go thru this!!Pinnovators make Headphone sets for your pin.You can adjust volume,Mute main speakers,and get completely immersed in your pin,hearing sounds you did.nt know were there! GB is a good example! And,Yes,Nick will diagnose the problem as soon as I can get the whole thing back to France!!Don,t you guys have any headphones on your pins??Play into the night not disturbing the household (Wife ??

Come to think of it I have used the Pinnovator sub adapter with a Pinsound board installed no problem. The speaker connector spacing of the original vs Pinsound is not always the same though so its hit or miss depending on the game and adapter type. I can't think of a reason why a headphone adapter would blow your speaker amp. Did you test your fuses?

1 week later
#928 7 years ago

Here's my Indy after restoring for 18 month.

• PinSound
• Color-DMD
• Speaker Panel rebuilt like Prototype
• Visaton Speaker
• Clearcoated Playfield
• Euro Coin Controller
• Non-Reflecting Glass
• Shaker Drive
• Illuminated Path Of Adventure
• some Modifications

DSCN2455 (resized).JPGDSCN2455 (resized).JPG
DSCN2545 (resized).JPGDSCN2545 (resized).JPG
DSCN2413 (resized).JPGDSCN2413 (resized).JPG
DSCN2467 (resized).JPGDSCN2467 (resized).JPG
DSCN2725 (resized).JPGDSCN2725 (resized).JPG
DSCN2794 (resized).JPGDSCN2794 (resized).JPG
DSCN2762 (resized).JPGDSCN2762 (resized).JPG
DSCN3711 (resized).JPGDSCN3711 (resized).JPG
DSCN4161 (resized).JPGDSCN4161 (resized).JPG
DSCN4447 (resized).JPGDSCN4447 (resized).JPG
DSCN4540 (resized).JPGDSCN4540 (resized).JPG
DSCN3439 (resized).JPGDSCN3439 (resized).JPG
DSCN4740 (resized).JPGDSCN4740 (resized).JPG

#929 7 years ago

What a beauty. IJ is one of the only games that looks good with brass hardware (IMO). Maybe ToM too.

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What a beauty. IJ is one of the only games that looks good with brass hardware (IMO). Maybe ToM too.

Breakshot too, IMO.

#931 7 years ago

Anyone hear from Pinsound after TPF. I purchased a Pinsound board at TPF because they were out of stock and I wanted the show special. I have emailed them twice with NO response as to where the order is and a time frame to receive it.
Magicchiz

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anyone hear from Pinsound after TPF. I purchased a Pinsound board at TPF because they were out of stock and I wanted the show special. I have emailed them twice with NO response as to where the order is and a time frame to receive it.

For that matter, is there anyone who heard from PinSound *AT* TPF who can fill us in on what the promised "lot of news" was?

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

For that matter, is there anyone who heard from PinSound *AT* TPF who can fill us in on what the promised "lot of news" was?

https://www.pinsound.org/texas-pinball-festival-2017-d-3/

Their blog post also says they'll have "many news" at TPF. Blog hasn't been updated.

Maybe it was more news on remaster collaboration with PPS ... but the latter didn't approve it. I'd guess so, as they now have a "sound packages" category in their shop, but it isn't filled yet.

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Quoted from rubberducks:

https://www.pinsound.org/texas-pinball-festival-2017-d-3/
Their blog post also says they'll have "many news" at TPF. Blog hasn't been updated.
Maybe it was more news on remaster collaboration with PPS ... but the latter didn't approve it. I'd guess so, as they now have a "sound packages" category in their shop, but it isn't filled yet.

I talked to them for a little bit at TPF when I bought a board from them, but they did not mention any new developments.

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

I ordered one at TPF as well and I received mine last Thursday.

#936 7 years ago

Well, my custom Getaway PinSound orchestration is complete (made a few tweaks since this video and have uploaded to PinSound Community, but not sure how long before they post): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/118#post-3722616

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, my custom Getaway PinSound orchestration is complete (made a few tweaks since this video and have uploaded to PinSound Community, but not sure how long before they post): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/118#post-3722616

FYI, just uploaded a v2 of my orchestration which uses ZZ Top's version of LaGrange instead of my original techno version. Install both on your USB drive and you can toggle between them whenever you like.

#938 7 years ago

I see new firmware released but cant find info on shaker support?

#939 7 years ago

To reply : If you want to go into your backboard, every time you want to hear/not hear your speakers,instead of a switch on your coin door??C'mon thats stupid!!And thats my point!!

#940 7 years ago

Shaker support is included again and you need to download new PinSound-Studio as well.
Older existing Soundtracks need to be rearranged, then Shaker is working again over the extension port.

#941 7 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Shaker support is included again and you need to download new PinSound-Studio as well.
Older existing Soundtracks need to be rearranged, then Shaker is working again over the extension port.

I just posted a question about this on the Pinsound Community! What great timing.

Are there instructions on how to connect the shaker to the extension port? Do we need some sort of interface board or is it to connect the shaker directly to pinsound? And are there instructions on how to manage shaker.txt?

#942 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

I think I received and replied to all your emails, but it seems that maybe it went into your spam folder?
If you have any question, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Quoted from Blackjacker:

I have so many news to post... will do it ASAP. Only 24h, only 24h...
Soon!

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

I think I received and replied to all your emails, but it seems that maybe it went into your spam folder?

Are the missing music files on Black Rose now supported?

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

If you have any question, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Soon!

What!!! Lol come on !

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are there instructions on how to connect the shaker to the extension port? Do we need some sort of interface board or is it to connect the shaker directly to pinsound? And are there instructions on how to manage shaker.txt?

I've been waiting for the shaker support for a long time. Hopefully they post some instructions on how to use it soon.

#946 7 years ago

You need to connect to the extension port, that supplies 5 volt.
With these 5 volts you have to switch a relay that switch 12 volt to the shaker motor.
And it's recommended to use a rev regulation for the motor, too.
Don't connect the PinSound-Board directly to the 12 Volt motor!
In the PinSound-Studio Version 09 you can adjust the timing for the shaker motor in milliseconds for each sound you want the shaker turned on if played.
So, if you want the motor shaking at a special sound you have to enter the time how long the 5 volts from the PinSound-Board need to switch the relay. Each time the sound is activated, the relay will switch the shaker motor on and off.
For all these modification you MUST have a separate power supply with 12 volt and 10 ampere to reduce the power consumption of Indys power supply because high electric current will occur in odd resets of the pinball machine.

f85770be8eb4d1b2373f47f26ba88668251ba767 (resized).jpgf85770be8eb4d1b2373f47f26ba88668251ba767 (resized).jpg

The small board on the right is the 5 volt relay (two circuit) with the connector from the PinSound-Board on it.
Left you see the adjustable rev limiter.
In front of the shaker box I have mounted the separate power supply for stable 12 volt for the shaker motor and the PinSound-Board.
The shaker motor is switchable, maybe more practical for service or repair.

#947 7 years ago

Installing Pinsound board in WPC89 with Pinball pro speakers that have an external volume control. Any specifics for doing this with the 2.1 stereo wiring kit from Pinsound? It looks fairly straightforward, I'm just not a fan of "oops" when it involves 300 dollars.

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

For all these modification you MUST have a separate power supply with 12 volt and 10 ampere to reduce the power consumption of Indys power supply because high electric current will occur in odd resets of the pinball machine.

I put a separate PS in my IJ as well for its' PinSound and ColorDMD. While I think I did a decent job on wiring it up and making molex connectors, wow is that a nice wiring job on yours!

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

With these 5 volts you have to switch a relay that switch 12 volt to the shaker motor.
In the PinSound-Studio Version 09 you can adjust the timing for the shaker motor in milliseconds for each sound you want the shaker turned on if played.
So, if you want the motor shaking at a special sound you have to enter the time how long the 5 volts from the PinSound-Board need to switch the relay. Each time the sound is activated, the relay will switch the shaker motor on and off.

The small board on the right is the 5 volt relay (two circuit) with the connector from the PinSound-Board on it.
In front of the shaker box I have mounted the separate power supply for stable 12 volt for the shaker motor and the PinSound-Board.

Oh wow that reminds me I have a 5V relay! Don't have a shaker though.. lol

Do you feel this is needed for all games or is Indy a high power draw game?

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I dont see the extension port listed on the pinsound website board description. Where is it on the board? What is the pin out?

Previously Pinsound said the shaker could be dry contact driven or PWPM driven. Does the new firmware support both methods?

You appoach looks like tbe dry contact method, it only controls the length of time the shaker is on. Is their a way to control the strength with your approach? For example one sound produces a light short shake and another sound produces a strong long shake?

Do you have a recommended relay board and rev regulation board supplier?

Thanks for any additional info you can supply.

rps20170425_190005 (resized).jpgrps20170425_190005 (resized).jpg

rps20170425_185929 (resized).jpgrps20170425_185929 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.