pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 36.
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just heard back from the PinSound folks - spaces in a file name shouldn't be an issue. Was tracking down what I thought was certain sounds not playing but that wasn't it.

I had an issue with sounds dropping, and it seems it was just a bad thumb drive. Replaced it and I haven't had an issue in weeks.

#752 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I just got a pin sound board and I couldn't be happier! I was wondering if anyone knew if you could add attract sounds to a table that didn't have one programmed. I own a Judge Dredd and even though it has an "Attract Mode" feature in the coin door features menu, no sounds were ever programmed for it.

Can the Pinsound board and pinsound studio allow me to add attract sounds?

#753 7 years ago

Also, the stereo cables on pinsound seem to be out of stock, does anyone know when they will be back in stock or if they is another place I can get them?

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Can the Pinsound board and pinsound studio allow me to add attract sounds?

This feature is on my roadmap, I hope to release it in the next firmware version

Quoted from JediPimp:

Also, the stereo cables on pinsound seem to be out of stock, does anyone know when they will be back in stock or if they is another place I can get them?

Should be back in stock by the end of next week!

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

This feature is on my roadmap, I hope to release it in the next firmware version

Any eta on the next firmware drop? Interested in boot sound volume fix and shaker support.

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Should be back in stock by the end of next week!

That is amazing news Pinsound! I can't wait!

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Any eta on the next firmware drop? Interested in boot sound volume fix and shaker support.

I have currently a lot of work to do but as soon as I can, I will finish the code for the new firmware.
I hope soon!

#758 7 years ago

Hi pinsiders, I am needing your help!

I just purchased a pinsound board and am making my own mix for Judge Dredd. I am using the LEGACY Judge Dredd files from the Pinsound Forum but I just realised that some sound files (mainly some voices) are not in his file.

I am needing the following sound voice files (sorry I don't know the number of the files):
"Get the extra ball!"
"Suspect got away"

If anyone can help me out in this area that would be great. I attempted to get the sound ROM file from IPDB.org but I don't know ho to extract the files with my macbook.

Any tips or help would be mucho appreciated!

- JediPimp

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Hi pinsiders, I am needing your help!
I just purchased a pinsound board and am making my own mix for Judge Dredd. I am using the LEGACY Judge Dredd files from the Pinsound Forum but I just realised that some sound files (mainly some voices) are not in his file.
I am needing the following sound voice files (sorry I don't know the number of the files):
"Get the extra ball!"
"Suspect got away"
If anyone can help me out in this area that would be great. I attempted to get the sound ROM file from IPDB.org but I don't know ho to extract the files with my macbook.
Any tips or help would be mucho appreciated!
- JediPimp

I can send you my .psrec file from JD, I'm pretty sure I managed to capture every sound.

Edit: It was up on my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/97gphwuc20ql9hq/replay.psrec?dl=0

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I can send you my .psrec file from JD, I'm pretty sure I managed to capture every sound.
Edit: It was up on my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/97gphwuc20ql9hq/replay.psrec?dl=0

Thanks aeon black, do I open this with the Pinsound Studio software?

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I already have the pinsound in my JD and I have a macbook so I cannot run Visual Pinball or PinMAME to record sounds from there. The legacy files seem to be missing some sounds. Will this Prsec file allow me to get these sounds? From Where?

Sorry I am a noob at this :/

#762 7 years ago

I can't even seem to open the .bin files from the audio ROM ZIPS on IPDB :/ and I'm not even that computer illiterate.

#763 7 years ago

Well, all I changed in my mix is the music, so if you wanted to you could just download my Outrun mix and swap your music in to replace mine, should be pretty easy if that's all you want to do. No sense doing more work than you have to, when someone has already done it! Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgy5r5vilbu1gu/Judge_Dredd_Outrun_V2.zip?dl=0

As for the .psrec file, you load that up in pinsound studio and it will play through the way it would if you were playing a ball in game.

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well, all I changed in my mix is the music, so if you wanted to you could just download my Outrun mix and swap your music in to replace mine, should be pretty easy if that's all you want to do. No sense doing more work than you have to, when someone has already done it! Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgy5r5vilbu1gu/Judge_Dredd_Outrun_V2.zip?dl=0
As for the .psrec file, you load that up in pinsound studio and it will play through the way it would if you were playing a ball in game.

Hi Aeonblack, I did use your Outrun file as a base and unfortunately I still see certain sounds missing, I believe these voices are missing from the Legacy files themselves. I think the extraction process from the ROMs has missed some sounds. These sounds include the "get the extra ball" callout and the "suspect got away" after not successfully completing pursuit mode. These are present in my Dredd Table (L1AT game ROM and L3 Sound ROMS). There may be more.

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Found them! PM sent!

2 weeks later
#766 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Interrupting speech was a matter of limitation with the original sound board. I wouldn't know why anyone wants that. Depending on what sound you want to interrupt, you might be able to set it up by rule.

Been drooling over a Pinsound for my STTNG (I'm listening to a play through in PinSound studio as I type this ). After reading through this post, didn't see a retort for the above, but figured it deserves some attention. Picard is literally interrupting Data here so if it's a limitation of the original sound hardware, in this case, it's a desired one. In the TV series, similar things happen where Data gets cut off and he stops talking (I'd find it rather weird if he didn't).

Has this been fixed since this was last mentioned? Not a deal breaker for me either but it'd be nice to have.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from m00dawg:

Been drooling over a Pinsound for my STTNG (I'm listening to a play through in PinSound studio as I type this ). After reading through this post, didn't see a retort for the above, but figured it deserves some attention. Picard is literally interrupting Data here so if it's a limitation of the original sound hardware, in this case, it's a desired one. In the TV series, similar things happen where Data gets cut off and he stops talking (I'd find it rather weird if he didn't).
Has this been fixed since this was last mentioned? Not a deal breaker for me either but it'd be nice to have.

Why would it be fixed if it's not broke. If they wanted Data to be cut off, they would have programed it that way back in the day. The callouts are complete though. If you want someone to interrupt the other...cut it that way and put it in.

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from m00dawg:

Quoted from Endprodukt:

Why would it be fixed if it's not broke. If they wanted Data to be cut off, they would have programed it that way back in the day. The callouts are complete though. If you want someone to interrupt the other...cut it that way and put it in.

This is why I have no desire to get the board, yet. To me, it's ''natural'' for the sounds to get cut off. I'm old, I grew up with the games that way, that's what I expect. One voice at a time. hearing two voices overlap to me is just too unnatural, and would break my rhythm. (No, no scientific reasoning, just personal preference. )

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This is why I have no desire to get the board, yet. To me, it's ''natural'' for the sounds to get cut off. I'm old, I grew up with the games that way, that's what I expect. One voice at a time. hearing two voices overlap to me is just too unnatural, and would break my rhythm. (No, no scientific reasoning, just personal preference. )

There will be stop rules so that one event will stop another if you want it to. It's not documented yet. This board is getting more and more customisable. I had this problem the other way around that a particular event would cutoff sounds. Making a special rule for this helped. But as I said it's not yet documented.

#770 7 years ago

I can verify the original does have Picard interrupt and stop Data.

#771 7 years ago

I'd Say it's in the wrong folder then. Can you tell me when it is happening exactly in the game.

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

There will be stop rules so that one event will stop another if you want it to. It's not documented yet. This board is getting more and more customisable. I had this problem the other way around that a particular event would cutoff sounds. Making a special rule for this helped. But as I said it's not yet documented.

Ah, really really good then!

#773 7 years ago

Agreed! Stop rules seem like they would fix it rather well, that's awesome! I'm sold on PinSound either way - I'm now just waiting on my pocket book

#775 7 years ago

When data is saying " if you would have propelled the ball..." If you hit a flipper button Picard interrupts him saying thank you mr data and you get 10M points and the dmd says so

#776 7 years ago

ah. I can see what's the problem. Yes, a rule would fix that

#777 7 years ago

I just moved my board over into my DW from STTNG and I'm having sound file/ROM issues.

I've got a couple of customized forum ROMs to play nice. The disco one is especially great, but I also want the original sound.

However, when I try to have the board unpack the zip from ipdb, I get a message from a nice robotic lady about it not having any sound files on the USB drive

Am I missing something obvious or is the ROM file from ipdb somehow broken?

Any ideas?

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I just moved my board over into my DW from STTNG and I'm having sound file/ROM issues.
I've got a couple of customized forum ROMs to play nice. The disco one is especially great, but I also want the original sound.
However, when I try to have the board unpack the zip from ipdb, I get a message from a nice robotic lady about it not having any sound files on the USB drive
Am I missing something obvious or is the ROM file from ipdb somehow broken?
Any ideas?

You can't use a ROM file. You need a ZIP file of the original mix files.

(Reading the original ROM would be a nice feature, but I doubt they could do that, even with it done in MAME, etc.)

#779 7 years ago

I'm "this close" to ordering this for my TZ.....hmm....so interesting.

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can't use a ROM file. You need a ZIP file of the original mix files.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I might be mixing my terminology. I downloaded this file from IPDB
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Sound_ROM_L_1_U14_U15_U18_.zip

I'm nonplussed because I thought that was the same type of thing I did back in January for STTNG.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think I might be mixing my terminology. I downloaded this file from IPDB
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Sound_ROM_L_1_U14_U15_U18_.zip
I'm nonplussed because I thought that was the same type of thing I did back in January for STTNG.

You need to get the sounds from Pinsound Community where they have already been pulled out of a ROM and made ready for the board:

Dr. Who sound packs are here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=25

This is the Legacy (original sounds) Mix: Doctor_Who_1992_V2 2

#782 7 years ago

Thanks that is very helpful. This is what happens when I delude myself with the certainty that I recall a process I did months ago and still cling to it despite all the evidence to the contrary.

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Thanks that is very helpful. This is what happens when I delude myself with the certainty that I recall a process I did months ago and still cling to it despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I figured it was Friday and you had already started drinking!

#784 7 years ago

for the sttng and interrupting speech :
you can add this in a rules.txt file in the audio\yourgamemix\ directory, then it's the "same" as original :

#STTNG
355 stop 105
500 stop 374

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

for the sttng and interrupting speech :
you can add this in a rules.txt file in the root directory, then it's the "same" as original :
#STTNG
355 stop 105
500 stop 374

I thought you have to put the rules file into the project folder... I mean: audio - STTNG - rules.txt

So it's next top the music, sfx etc folders?

#786 7 years ago

yep you're right. post corrected

#787 7 years ago

Ok guys

#STTNG
355 stop 105
500 stop 374

what do these numbers mean?

I have the OST mix
will this work for me?

00355 stop 000105

thanks

#788 7 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Ok guys
#STTNG
355 stop 105
500 stop 374
what do these numbers mean?
I have the OST mix
will this work for me?
00355 stop 000105
thanks

No need for the zeros.

#789 7 years ago

All right, I'm jumping into this. Just bought my first PinSound board for TAF after seeing the videos on YT. Man, this look like the audio equivalency of ColorDMD.

Looking forward to getting it in the mail!

#790 7 years ago

You'll love it. Honestly.

#791 7 years ago

Has anyone paired Pinsound with Scared Stiff yet? It's a no-brainer for Twilight Zone especially with the updated and remastered musical score but not sure if it's worth it for Scared Stiff as I believe only the original audio is available. I already have Flipper Fidelity speakers in Scared Stiff. I would love it if it had improved the quality of the callouts.

#792 7 years ago

If you don't get replacement higher quality call outs or music the use of Pinsound is limited. Yes, you will have upgraded amplifier quality and better control but still the rule applies : carbage in = carbage out.

When i load the legacy file in my GnR its only slightly better as the original soundboard but when putting in real stereo high sampled versions of the music....wow

And you can have a lot of fun. Rethemed GnR to Abba for instance or having Macarena played while pinballing .... Pure fun

Have finished an article which will appear in September in our Dutch magazine. It's a big thumb up for this product but you need to replace the audio for good version to really make the investment worthwhile. With a music pin like GnR this is no issue but with SS this is a much more difficult task

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Has anyone paired Pinsound with Scared Stiff yet? It's a no-brainer for Twilight Zone especially with the updated and remastered musical score but not sure if it's worth it for Scared Stiff as I believe only the original audio is available. I already have Flipper Fidelity speakers in Scared Stiff. I would love it if it had improved the quality of the callouts.

I would pull the Sabrewulf music from the first Killer Instinct. That would fit really well.

3 weeks later
#794 7 years ago

Does anyone know if the AFM soundset has the Mars Attacks music with the AFM callouts? While I love the upgrade that TAF has available, they didn NOT incorporate the OST with the game's voice callouts. I definitely don't want to lose the AFM callouts.

Anyone know?

#795 7 years ago

Noob question. Can you keep some of the old callouts and just redo the music? Or would it sound too weird...

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Noob question. Can you keep some of the old callouts and just redo the music? Or would it sound too weird...

I kept all of the callouts and effects on my Judge Dredd, only changing out the music. Doesn't sound weird at all to me!

3 weeks later
#797 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

I don't forget you!

Seriously, how is the new firmware coming along?

1 week later
#798 7 years ago

Curious what happened with the official PinSound high quality speaker kits that were meant to launch before the summer ... any news?

#799 7 years ago

Has anyone a recommendation for TAF at all? The ones on the official forum all seem to be not available, or they are OST (i.e. from the film) - Even the original files would be a start - however those dont seem to be there either!

Any pointers appreciated Thanks!

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from toibs:

Has anyone a recommendation for TAF at all? The ones on the official forum all seem to be not available, or they are OST (i.e. from the film) - Even the original files would be a start - however those dont seem to be there either!
Any pointers appreciated Thanks!

Yeah, seems like if you want it, you got to do it yourself. I am starting to consider learning how to do it as this seems to be a VERY niche community product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.