pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 36.
#651 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

thanks. but I think the best would be to connect directly to the Pinsound output, don't you think? actually I can use a camera for the video, and at the same time record the Pinsound output audio. Then I will use an audio editing software simply to add the audio to video and syncronize them. What you think?

If you have the capability to record the audio direct, that's how I'd do it.

#652 8 years ago

silly question, but just to be sure: is the headphones lineout the only lineout available?

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

silly question, but just to be sure: is the headphones lineout the only lineout available?

Yes

#654 8 years ago

I recorded a quick video of seeing a Pinsound board for the first time. It was 1am so my average skills dropped to crappy skills unfortunately. And my buddy decided to shake the camera when he had it for God knows what reason. However, the T2 soundtrack is awesome and makes me want to buy the game. Watching the vid on my Chromecast through my stereo sounds decent, definitely picked up some of the LFE.

Wish I had a computer capable of redoing Demolition Man since I don't have a T2.

#655 8 years ago

T2 sounds as dramatic as ever. I like it.

Here's my Doctor Who Disco I finished. Groovy. I spent about 10 hours on this one. There's a lot of editing to make these come out right.

FYI: I made my videos with a 1/8" stereo cable run from the headphone jack into my labtop to record the music track. I turn the output of the sound board to max and have it faintly playing on the laptop. Just enough for my video camera to pick it up (for syncing later). My camera records the video and the flipper sounds, ball smacks, etc. Then I add the music sound track and blend them together with Adobe Premiere. The only tricky part is syncing the two up. This was the best way to hear the music. My first video stunk because my camera picked up mostly flipper sounds.

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I recorded a quick video of seeing a Pinsound board for the first time. It was 1am so my average skills dropped to crappy skills unfortunately. And my buddy decided to shake the camera when he had it for God knows what reason. However, the T2 soundtrack is awesome and makes me want to buy the game. Watching the vid on my Chromecast through my stereo sounds decent, definitely picked up some of the LFE.
Wish I had a computer capable of redoing Demolition Man since I don't have a T2.
» YouTube video

Sounds awesome.

#657 8 years ago

hi Pinballshark, I am going to record a video for my TZ mix, and I am planning to do as you did it, directly recording the output from the board.

Did you play without the glass in order to accomodate the camera?

#658 8 years ago

Id love to see BSD redone with the movie soundtrack. I have the Soundtrack/BSD, now all I need is the board

#659 8 years ago

My Pinsound JD 'the Prodigy' mix, enjoy

#660 8 years ago

Nice work! Glad to see more JD mixes coming out. I think JD lends itself well to the more "gnarly" and experimental mixes. My only suggestion would be to maybe do a bit more chopping of the quiet slow bits in your mix so that there is less slow-down in the play. One thing I noticed while doing my mix is that dead spots really jump out. Also, have a look at your PSREC in the studio and change some of the sounds from jingle to SFX (I noticed explosion sounds in particular), that should stop the music cut-out that occasionally happens.

#661 8 years ago

Hey all,
I have 2 pinsound boards (one in desw and one in ij). Love pinsound! SW works perfect. IJ, I periodically get some of my sounds are coming out slower and therefore lower pitch. Not all or all the time. Files seem fine on the Pc. I'll link a short video. Maybe not the best example but after I got these, it seemed to play normally for a while. Just updated the firmware and I swear it made the problem less frequent, but it's still there.

Any ideas?

#662 8 years ago

Well, I was wrong. The sounds are bad on my PC as well. Seems like not a pinsound problem after all.

My bad. I do love pinsound... Other than color DMD I can't think of a better upgrade. Changes the experience.

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well, I was wrong. The sounds are bad on my PC as well. Seems like not a pinsound problem after all.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
My bad. I do love pinsound... Other than color DMD I can't think of a better upgrade. Changes the experience.

Apologize.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Other than color DMD I can't think of a better upgrade. Changes the experience.

Agreed. I never really wanted to own a T2, until I played one with a Pinsound board and a Polk subwoofer.

#665 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

The sounds aren't bad. My quotes came from the original movies and havn't been altered. Hence why they look and sound different. The 93's rom sounds are speed up!

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

hi Pinballshark, I am going to record a video for my TZ mix, and I am planning to do as you did it, directly recording the output from the board.
Did you play without the glass in order to accomodate the camera?

Yes. No glass to avoid reflections. My camera was duct taped to the lock down bar MacGyver style.

#667 8 years ago

#668 8 years ago

Anyone working on WH20 reorchestration for the Pinsound board? Love it in my TZ and T2

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

You are right. Something must have went wrong while converting 5.1 to single wav tracks or something. Damn it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

BTW: Williams did speed things up here and there though - with pitching or cutting.

Not working on it. Ask Rick.

1 week later
#671 8 years ago

While I love the board and the possibilities it allows, for me and my Black Rose project designing a personal mix has been a rather tedious experience so far.

Turned out the current firmware doesn't fully support BR as of now and I'm in line to betatest the next one.
Due to months of delay, I'm far from where I wanted to be with my mix.

Still, I enjoy playing the game with the incomplete sounds and upgraded speakers for now.

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Turned out the current firmware doesn't fully support BR as of now and I'm in line to betatest the next one.
Due to months of delay, I'm far from where I wanted to be with my mix.
Still, I enjoy playing the game with the incomplete sounds and upgraded speakers for now.

I don't forget you!

#673 8 years ago

Was working my way through this thread looking for someone with the pinsound in a CFTBL. I have one in my IJ and really like the additional tracks but I do not see any of these for CFTBL on the site of pinsound nor the forum. So there is a download but is that any good, a real difference to the original soundtrack? Anyone done this?

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Was working my way through this thread looking for someone with the pinsound in a CFTBL. I have one in my IJ and really like the additional tracks but I do not see any of these for CFTBL on the site of pinsound nor the forum. So there is a download but is that any good, a real difference to the original soundtrack? Anyone done this?

I've put a pinsound in mt CFTBL, will try and get some video. Have added a raft of 50s greats along woth some upgraded fx and soundtrack from the movie. Still not finished enough to upload but it's a WIP. I just need some time

#675 8 years ago

Took a video and uploaded it to youtube, unfortunately they have muted the sound due to copyright. Anyone know a way round this???

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Took a video and uploaded it to youtube, unfortunately they have muted the sound due to copyright. Anyone know a way round this???

Upload it to Dropbox and send us a link or something. Maybe my video or any other hoster.

#677 8 years ago

Thanks for that! I've uploaded it to Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/157273836

The sound quality is not the best but you can get an idea, I manage to get to multiball at least as a good demo

As I mention it's a WIP but coming along...

Cheers!

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
The sound quality is not the best but you can get an idea, I manage to get to multiball at least as a good demo
Cheers!

That sounds real good!!! Love to have a copy when you are ready, maybe I can help you with some unfinished items? First have to order another pinsound for Creature.

#679 8 years ago

Wish I could cast Vimeo to my Chromecast. Sounds good so far, but I bet I'd get a better impression listening on my stereo compared to my phone.

#680 8 years ago

Pinsound: Any update on getting Sega/Whitestar working?

#681 8 years ago

Whitestar status: the software is almost finished, the PinSound audio engine is now able to handle the Whitestar sounds.
We've received out latest SEGA/STERN board adapter, there is a small issue to fix then we should be ready to launch the production.
It always takes longer than expected... but it should be ready soon!

#682 8 years ago

Hey Pinsound!

can pinsound studio 0.7 load Whitestar roms? I'm trying to 'prepare' LOTR but it says the audio sytem is not supported.

Cheers, Kris

#683 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Pinsound!
can pinsound studio 0.7 load Whitestar roms? I'm trying to 'prepare' LOTR but it says the audio sytem is not supported.
Cheers, Kris

I'm currently working on it
The next release will definitely support the Whitestar ROMs.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

I'm currently working on it
The next release will definitely support the Whitestar ROMs.

Amazing, thanks!

#686 8 years ago

I have a pinsound baord in my Twilight Zone using the DCS mix. Love it. when the pinsound board starts up the welcome tune plays VERY loud but the in game music and sounds are good. Is there anyway to turn off or turn down the welcome sound?

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I have a pinsound baord in my Twilight Zone using the DCS mix. Love it. when the pinsound board starts up the welcome tune plays VERY loud but the in game music and sounds are good. Is there anyway to turn off or turn down the welcome sound?

In the next firmware, the startup / welcome sound will be played according to the pinball machine volume

#688 8 years ago

There is still hope for SAM system...
We're discussing how we can communicate between PinballBrowser and PinSound... Stay tuned

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
Cheers!

Fantastic effort, definitely waiting for this to become available.

#690 8 years ago

Just finishing my TZ soundtrack: Lost in the Deep Funky Zone!

#691 8 years ago

Luppin, very nice and interesting sound tracks! Well done, that sounds quite good! That's a whole new TZ

#692 8 years ago

This board completely changes the pinball playing experience! I just installed it on my JM. I replaced the stock back box speakers for a pair of pyle 5.5 speakers

http://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PL53BL-5-25-Inch-Three-Way-Speakers/dp/B00022OBO2/ref=sr_1_6

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a pyle 6.5 subwoofer:

http://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PLG64-6-5-Inch-300W-Woofer/dp/B000FMPENQ/ref=sr_1_1

I made my own 2.1 Stereo harness from the directions on Pinsound site.

Installed the Pinsound board in 10 minutes. Would have taken less time because I misplaced my screwdriver.

I downloaded both the Legacy and Pinhead's mix (zip files). Put them on the USB. Plugged the USB in the board. Turned JM on. Waited 30 minutes for both mixes to decompress.

Turned JM off. Turned it back on. Waited 30 seconds. It was the legacy mix, so I turned volume in coin door to 0 and it switched to Pinhead's mix. Raised the volume to 13 on the coin door. Then I adjusted the knobs on the Pinsound board to suit my taste.

Played a game...well actually 5 games...the sound difference just blows you away!

Now I am going to spend the day replacing sounds/music on the USB!

Great product, great instructions, easy installation! Just wish it wasn't $400CAD + per board.

#693 8 years ago

Are you guys going to have boards available at the Texas Pinball Festival? Any special show prices?

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Just finishing my TZ soundtrack: Lost in the Deep Funky Zone!
» YouTube video

Are you going to upload this to the community forum? love the variety of sound tracks that are building on my TZ

#695 8 years ago

Just an FYI - I put my GnR with pinsound installed on the marketplace. Didn't want to but need to make room.

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from MPierce:

Are you guys going to have boards available at the Texas Pinball Festival? Any special show prices?

They had boards available last year - and they were throwing in the headphone cable kit. So you got the cable kit and no shipping for the normal price. I haven't heard what they are planning this year.

I'm hoping they have the Whitestar edition finished in time, but not sure if they'll be ready.

1 week later
#697 8 years ago

Question for anyone in the know. I just installed my pinsound board into my creetch which already has FF speakers. I also have the 2.1 kit. Do I just get rid of the harness for the FF speakers and use the 2.1 kit?? Many thanks in advance.

#698 8 years ago

Just to follow up in case anyone else runs into this. Yes. Just get rid of the FF harness and use the 2.1 kit from Pinsound.

#699 8 years ago

Just bumping this thread because it was such a thrill to meet and talk to Nicolas at TPF. What a great guy! I look forward to buying more boards from him soon.

#700 8 years ago

It was an amazing weekend! Thanks to all your great feedback, I was very happy to meet you all. I'm currently waiting at the DFW airport, good bye TX, see you next year!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
12,500 (OBO)
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.