(Topic ID: 66573)

Pinsound card. New sound and music for your Twilight zone and all others ?

By Guppy1977

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Guppy1977
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello,

I've found this on a french forum :

What do you think about this innovation ?

Bye,

Ludo

#2 10 years ago

like the piano and powerball voices. but the rod serling voice is utter crap. I couldn't have it in my machine for that.
music is nice, too but what were they thinking it Rod's voice??@??!?!?!?!

D

#3 10 years ago

You can customize all the sound and music as you like. I imagine future application, for exemple, sounds packs made by amateur with some gift for music and they would exchange their works, rather in the philosophy of Vpinmame and their tables.

#4 10 years ago

Very nice! Is this available for sale yet?

#5 10 years ago

I think, the end part anyway with all new sounds, is maybe the worst thing I've ever heard; an abortion.
Best sound in the game is scoring a jackpot and they nuetered that something fierce. And then comes Rod's voice, my god that is just embaressing. I can totally see a penciled moustached man with a baret recreating the voice.

#6 10 years ago

You can pre-order here : http://www.pinsound.org/pinsound/pinsound-board/

It's a special price for launching.

@TheLaw : I agree, it change too much, and when you're used to the original sounds, it's difficult to adapt your ears to it. But this soundcard may be usefull for replacement and for customisation, specially with pinball with a bad music (for exemple making new music for a dataeast Starwars with original movie soundtrack instead the electronic music in it)

#7 10 years ago

Good idea, bad execution.

The idea has merit, but without actually converting the sounds from the game, or at least replacing them with the sounds from the actual TV show, into full stereo, it's not for me. Further, once you go and replace all the sounds from the game, including the music, it no longer feels like TZ to me.

Same kind of reasons people still love the original Donkey Kong(or whatever classic arcade game). Sure you can update all the graphics, sounds, and physics and stuff, but it'll cease to be DK, the game you used to love.

Although, it would be cool to keep all the old sounds and music, but thrown in some taunts, personal callouts, and some easter eggs of your own..... That'd be pretty slick!

#8 10 years ago

I was excited for a second, but Guns n Roses isn't on the compatibility list. I would really like to get higher quality samples on there.

#9 10 years ago

Guns n Roses is on this list on the French Forum Flipjuke : http://www.flipjuke.fr/precommande-carte-pinsound-t99915.html

#10 10 years ago

Maybe this card will be usefull especialy for data east to customise and enhance sound. And maybe for TZ TAF CFTBL... if someone can get the original sound in a better quality. But I'm affraid copyright will not allow that

Bye folks, I'm going to sleep, it's midnight here in Belgium.

#11 10 years ago

"But this soundcard may be useful for replacement and for customization, specially with pinball with a bad music "

A light went off in my head when I read this. DOCTOR WHO! It could almost be playable with this board.

Neat idea and bad execution with TZ - thanks for bringing this to our attention OP!
D

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

thanks for bringing this to our attention OP!
D

I'm glad to hear my opinion gets some usefulness. Let see us your work if you someday realise it

#13 10 years ago

i think i would have to hear it in person to make up my mind.

#14 10 years ago

I think I will try this card with a Star Wars Data East. I'll tell you my experience when done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 49.99
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-new-sound-and-music-for-your-twilight-zone-and-all-others and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.