Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

black_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpg
    black_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Ok, the NOS boards are sold out... But we still have some stock on the latest PinSound boards!

Good news, here is another deal, that will be available until the end of Cyber Monday (pacific standard time).

For any PinSound order (yes, even an order with a single PinSound T-shirt), you'll get a PinSound Stereo 2.1 cable for free with this coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY2016

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/

Have a nice weekend!

black_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpgblack_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Sweet. Was going to order another anyway. Thanks again for the best pinball upgrade around.

#3 7 years ago

Been waiting to give one of these a try, thanks!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Been waiting to give one of these a try, thanks!

Looking at your collection, you're going to need more than one. Tz, IJ, and Stng are huge improvements.

#5 7 years ago

I was thinking TAF actually. Trying to decide to between grabbing another one or taking advantage of one of the LED sales...

#6 7 years ago

I know it's around somewhere... but can you remind us what changed with the current production?

#7 7 years ago

Does the flashdrive come preloaded? How do you know what sounds are best to use?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Does the flashdrive come preloaded? How do you know what sounds are best to use?

1. No

2. You experiment or watch videos of the game you're interested in installing the card in if someone has made a video of it on Youtube. That's what I did for TAF.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks NPO. Are these sounds on the PinSound site to be loaded on the flash drive or do I have to find them myself? Sorry for my ignorance about this but I'm not that tech savvy and wonder if this is something I should get involved with or not.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Thanks NPO. Are these sounds on the PinSound site to be loaded on the flash drive or do I have to find them myself? Sorry for my ignorance about this but I'm not that tech savvy and wonder if this is something I should get involved with or not.

No biggie. I learned as I went, and definitely don't mind sharing my experience.

The Pinsound files are loaded on a flashdrive by you. The sound files can be found here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads

You have to create an account to access the files. It is free and takes about 5 minutes. Once you do that, you can login, select the files you want, and download them. They can stay as the zip file they are downloaded as. You just copy and paste the zip file to the thumbdrive that PinSound provides you. Once you do that and your board is installed (the board comes with very straight-forward picture for picture steps on how to do this), you insert the loaded thumbdrive onto the board and fire your game up. You'll be greeted with some custom boot up sounds and a voice that will give you status updates as the sound files are extracted and converted from WAV to mp3 for you. All you have to do is wait, and you get some ratherupbeat jazz-elevator music while you wait .

Yes, it is a pricey upgrade, but when your T2 sounds like THIS, you won't look back:

Let me know if I can be any more help!

#11 7 years ago

Hey NPO - That is freakin awesome but how do you know which files to select to do this? Is it just one file or variable files. That's what I don't understand... how do you know what to select? Thanks again for the info.

#12 7 years ago

Shit... I missed the sale now. Too much work earlier today. Damn it.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Shit... I missed the sale now. Too much work earlier today. Damn it.

Bugger, I missed it as well.

#14 7 years ago

me too.
    not paying full price when I could have paid less. i'll live without it. my streak of not spending a penny on black Friday continues.

#15 7 years ago

Ok, the NOS boards are sold out... But we still have some stock on the latest PinSound boards!

Good news, here is another deal, that will be available until the end of Cyber Monday (pacific standard time).

For any PinSound order (yes, even an order with a single PinSound T-shirt), you'll get a PinSound Stereo 2.1 cable for free with this coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY2016

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/

Have a nice weekend!

black_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpgblack_friday_cyber_monday_pinsound_2016 (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

Damn, I'm at work too, Sold out?

#17 7 years ago

Any news on support for Sega white star?

Have an Apollo 13 and would love better audio

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from thepita007:

Still working on it, almost ready

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Hey NPO - That is freakin awesome but how do you know which files to select to do this? Is it just one file or variable files. That's what I don't understand... how do you know what to select? Thanks again for the info.

The files you need are one massive zip file. Once placed on the flashdrive, the files will be installed in their appropriate placeholders. Someone else has already done all the legwork; you just need to put the zip file on the flashdrive, install into the board, and enjoy the elevator music .

A step by step can be seen here in these videos:

As far as WHICH zip file setup to get, that is completely up to you and kind of part of the fun. For example, for Twilight Zone:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=29

So the "1993" file is going to be the original sound files. The others are completely unknown to me as I do not have a TZ. So, if I did have one, I would just download each of them, and then load one at a time until I found the zip file I like the most...........

OR......an awesome option from PinSound is you can have MULTIPLE sound file sets on one flashdrive, so you have the option of loading 2+ sound file sets, and you change swap between the sound file sets in mid game...!

So no matter how you proceed, you can't really lose !

#20 7 years ago

What's the difference between the $349 board and an nos board you mentioned above?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

What's the difference between the $349 board and an nos board you mentioned above?

It was boards from the previous batch, no big differences between rev 1.3 and the latest 1.4.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from thepita007:

They confirmed white star is coming just not ready yet. They posted a screenshot of a board inside LOTR.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The files you need are one massive zip file. Once placed on the flashdrive, the files will be installed in their appropriate placeholders. Someone else has already done all the legwork; you just need to put the zip file on the flashdrive, install into the board, and enjoy the elevator music .
    A step by step can be seen here in these videos:
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    As far as WHICH zip file setup to get, that is completely up to you and kind of part of the fun. For example, for Twilight Zone:
    http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=29
    So the "1993" file is going to be the original sound files. The others are completely unknown to me as I do not have a TZ. So, if I did have one, I would just download each of them, and then load one at a time until I found the zip file I like the most...........
    OR......an awesome option from PinSound is you can have MULTIPLE sound file sets on one flashdrive, so you have the option of loading 2+ sound file sets, and you change swap between the sound file sets in mid game...!
    So no matter how you proceed, you can't really lose !

Hi NPO - Thanks again for all of your help. So, if I'm understanding correctly, I went into the PinSound community link you provided and see that there are two files listed for T2. I would download the "movie" file and my machine would be the same as yours in the video you provided? If I wanted to check out all of the available files for a particular machine, would I have to download each individually and load them onto my machine to hear the sounds or is there a way to hear the files on my computer first? Thanks again for all of your time and efforts.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Hi NPO - Thanks again for all of your help. So, if I'm understanding correctly, I went into the PinSound community link you provided and see that there are two files listed for T2. I would download the "movie" file and my machine would be the same as yours in the video you provided? If I wanted to check out all of the available files for a particular machine, would I have to download each individually and load them onto my machine to hear the sounds or is there a way to hear the files on my computer first? Thanks again for all of your time and efforts.

If you want to load any PinSound sound package on your PinSound flash drive, you can download and launch the PinSound Studio.
    It'll be really fast, less than 2 minutes and you can play with it instantaneously in your pinball machine (instead of waiting 30 minutes for the board to uncompress everything).

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

They confirmed white star is coming just not ready yet. They posted a screenshot of a board inside LOTR.

Here the post with pictures:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinsound-for-whitestar-ever-going-to-happen#post-3447115

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSound:

If you want to load any PinSound sound package on your PinSound flash drive, you can download and launch the PinSound Studio.
    It'll be really fast, less than 2 minutes and you can play with it instantaneously in your pinball machine (instead of waiting 30 minutes for the board to uncompress everything).

Damn - that's good to know!! I was going the 30 minute route and waiting to find out each time. Thanks, Nicolas!

#27 7 years ago

Ok... so in order to listen to any of the sounds in the PinSound Studio files, they have to be downloaded to my computer first using the PinSound flash drive?

#28 7 years ago

I'm still confused... (not surprisingly) Say, for example, there two files for IJ. One, I assume, is the original sounds and the other has the movie sounds, etc. But when I look at the PinSound Studio file demo, I see several individual sounds. Do you pick and choose each sound bite and how do you know when it will be heard during game play? One NPO's T2 video with the movie sound package, I hear his game start with the phrase "come with me if you want to live" where on others it may just say "judgment day". I'm so confused....

#29 7 years ago

Just ordered!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

I'm still confused... (not surprisingly) Say, for example, there two files for IJ. One, I assume, is the original sounds and the other has the movie sounds, etc. But when I look at the PinSound Studio file demo, I see several individual sounds. Do you pick and choose each sound bite and how do you know when it will be heard during game play? One NPO's T2 video with the movie sound package, I hear his game start with the phrase "come with me if you want to live" where on others it may just say "judgment day". I'm so confused....

Hey bud,

So, when sounds are extracted from the main zip files, they are placed in specific folders. Depending on which folder the sounds are put it determines when exactly that/those sound(s) will play. Some of the folders will have 3-4 sound files for any one specific event like:

AFM jackpots: sometimes it's the human and other times it's the martian saying "JACKPAUUUTTTT!!!"
    BSD startup: "Do you believe in destiny...?" vs "Welcome to my...home."
    TAF startup: "Ok everyone, time for a game" vs "Welcome honored guest"
    Scared Stiff when the trunk multiball begins, there are 3-4 completely different soundbytes that play here.
    Dracula when the three stationary targets are hit to lit Castle Lock: *women laughing* vs "I know now that I am a prisoner...."

So for T2, there may be 2 or more sounds files loaded and will play at random at startup. It completely depends on how the sound files are configured. That can get into the weeds pretty quickly; I tried to keep this part "basic".

Now, Nicolas brought up an excellent way to test sounds. If you don't want to go that route, do what I do: load multiple sound configurations on one flashdrive. I am actually doing that on my Addams Family RIGHT NOW (60% completed). Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded the original sound files as well as the OST TAF movie soundtrack version.
    2. Inserted my thumbdrive into my laptop, and I created two folders on the flashdrive: one for the original sounds, and the other for the OST sounds.
    3. I then placed each zip file into the appropraite folder on the flasdrive.
    4. Ejected my flashdrive.
    5. Installed it in the PinSound board
    6. Fired up TAF and am waiting for the conversion to complete

Once it is done, I will be able to swap back and forth between the two sound sets and decide which one I want to listen to/have playing. If I want to get REALLY creative, I can combine the two and make my own; however, that's for those who truly want to "experiment".

#31 7 years ago

I've been wanting to get one of these ever since they were announced. The WPC stereo wiring is a must-have so including one with our purchase is a nice bonus.

What I'm curious about is if the $349 for the Pinsound Board is a Black-Friday price, or the normal price?

#32 7 years ago

$349 is the regular price, you can save $20 with the free stereo cable until tomorrow

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Hey bud,
    So, when sounds are extracted from the main zip files, they are placed in specific folders. Depending on which folder the sounds are put it determines when exactly that/those sound(s) will play. Some of the folders will have 3-4 sound files for any one specific event like:
    AFM jackpots: sometimes it's the human and other times it's the martian saying "JACKPAUUUTTTT!!!"
    BSD startup: "Do you believe in destiny...?" vs "Welcome to my...home."
    TAF startup: "Ok everyone, time for a game" vs "Welcome honored guest"
    Scared Stiff when the trunk multiball begins, there are 3-4 completely different soundbytes that play here.
    Dracula when the three stationary targets are hit to lit Castle Lock: *women laughing* vs "I know now that I am a prisoner...."
    So for T2, there may be 2 or more sounds files loaded and will play at random at startup. It completely depends on how the sound files are configured. That can get into the weeds pretty quickly; I tried to keep this part "basic".
    Now, Nicolas brought up an excellent way to test sounds. If you don't want to go that route, do what I do: load multiple sound configurations on one flashdrive. I am actually doing that on my Addams Family RIGHT NOW (60% completed). Here's what I did:
    1. I downloaded the original sound files as well as the OST TAF movie soundtrack version.
    2. Inserted my thumbdrive into my laptop, and I created two folders on the flashdrive: one for the original sounds, and the other for the OST sounds.
    3. I then placed each zip file into the appropraite folder on the flasdrive.
    4. Ejected my flashdrive.
    5. Installed it in the PinSound board
    6. Fired up TAF and am waiting for the conversion to complete
    Once it is done, I will be able to swap back and forth between the two sound sets and decide which one I want to listen to/have playing. If I want to get REALLY creative, I can combine the two and make my own; however, that's for those who truly want to "experiment".

Hi NPO - Thank you VERY much for the detailed explanation. Definitely clearer to me now. Another question though... with two sounds sets loaded on the machine, how do change from one to the other? Thanks again.

#34 7 years ago

Any near term plans for wh20 or getaway reorchestrations? Just curious....thx

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Hi NPO - Thank you VERY much for the detailed explanation. Definitely clearer to me now. Another question though... with two sounds sets loaded on the machine, how do change from one to the other? Thanks again.

You turn the volume all the way to zero, and then you push the sound volume lower one more time and you'll hear a "chime" sound. That will be an indicator that the alternate sound package is now loaded, and you tun your volume back up to "normal" settings.

Also, I did some experimenting lastnight. To load more than one sound package, you need to copy/paste them one at a time onto your flashdrive.

So this is what you do:

1. Create a folder called "audio" on your blank flashdrive.
    2. Place one zip file of one of the sound sets in the audio folder.
    3. Place the flashdrive in the Pinsound board and let it convert the audio format.
    4. When complete, take your flashdrive back to your laptop.
    5. Go to your audio folder. The soundset will now have its own folder that is converted all the sound files into.
    6. while staying in the root "audio" folder, copy/paste the second zip file soundset to the flashdrive. Repeat step #3.

You'll now have two distinctive sound sets to choose from.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You turn the volume all the way to zero, and then you push the sound volume lower one more time and you'll hear a "chime" sound. That will be an indicator that the alternate sound package is now loaded, and you tun your volume back up to "normal" settings.
    Also, I did some experimenting lastnight. To load more than one sound package, you need to copy/paste them one at a time onto your flashdrive.
    So this is what you do:
    3. Place the flashdrive in the Pinsound board and let it convert the audio format.
    5. Go to your audio folder. The soundset will now have its own folder that is converted all the sound files into.
    6. while staying in the root "audio" folder, copy/paste the second zip file soundset to the flashdrive. Repeat step #3.

Thanks NPO for these detailed explanations
    If I may add, the step 1 is not necessary, the PinSound board will automatically create the "audio" folder, you can simply copy the zip file on the root of the thumb drive, that's all.
    And if you want, you can copy many different zip files at once, the PinSound board will convert one file during each boot.
    To make it clear, if you copy 3 different zip files, once you've started your pinball machine 3 times, all the sound packages will be installed.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

So this is what you do:

NPO - Great info that helps a lot. Thank you again for taking the time to explain all of this.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSound:

Thanks NPO for these detailed explanations
    If I may add, the step 1 is not necessary, the PinSound board will automatically create the "audio" folder, you can simply copy the zip file on the root of the thumb drive, that's all.
    And if you want, you can copy many different zip files at once, the PinSound board will convert one file during each boot.
    To make it clear, if you copy 3 different zip files, once you've started your pinball machine 3 times, all the sound packages will be installed.

Nicolas - Thank you as well for your help.

#39 7 years ago

I'm unclear on the Black Friday discount...are we getting $20 off a board plus the stereo cable, or just the cable?

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

I'm unclear on the Black Friday discount...are we getting $20 off a board plus the stereo cable, or just the cable?

If you order ANYTHING from the PinSound website, they throw in a stereo cable (normally $20).

#41 7 years ago

I put the Pinsound board in my Star Trek-The Next Generation. I also upgraded the speakers. I'm about the most un-tech there is. Mostly all I know how to do on the computer is play freecell. I managed to get two sound packages onto the ST-TNG. I love it. Much better sound than the original. Part of that is I'm sure due to upgrading the speakers. But I'm also sure a lot is due to the stereo 2.1 of the Pinsound board. I like both sound packages so I switch them up once in awhile. If you have old stock speakers I think you might want to plan on upgrading those when you do the Pinsound board?

#42 7 years ago

I just placed my order for one. Happy to get the stereo cable for "free" but not crazy about the fee charged to use paypal.... basically paid for the cable.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

I just placed my order for one. Happy to get the stereo cable for "free" but not crazy about the fee charged to use paypal.... basically paid for the cable.

There is no fee if if you choose to pay with your Visa or Mastercard. Thanks for your order!

3 weeks later
    #44 7 years ago

Is the original sounds for TAF an option from the Pinsound Studio? I see Slamtilts versions and the reorchestrated music with original voices version but not the original sound package as an option. Also, after the sound packages are loaded, does the flash drive stay in the sound board or is it removed? Thanks all.

#45 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure you need to leave the memory stick in the board.

#46 7 years ago

Bob - Thanks for the reply. I believe that you are correct. I originally thought it was like colordmd in that after the software package was loaded that you could remove the flashdrive. Not so apparently.

#47 7 years ago

Is there an original version of TAF for the Pinsound board somewhere?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-black-friday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.