(Topic ID: 218495)

Pinskates - Where to buy replacement wheels?

By thedarkknight77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jay
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So after 3 years of usage, the wheels are coming apart on my pinskates. I see on eBay they sell new wheels for $17.99 a piece......WTF??? Anyone found good replacement wheels? Personally I feel the wheels sold with the units are too soft, which is why they shred over time. That being said, I cannot say enough good things about my Pinskates, they have been a life saver over the years and I highly recommend this product.

#2 5 years ago

Home Depot have wheels you can use ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Seems like rolling them on blacktop frequently would be very rough on them. They should last a long time on a smooth surface.

Never checked, but aren't they the same as rollerblade tires?

#4 5 years ago

I got the ones off ebay, I only used my pinskates for like 2 months before they started falling apart.
    The hardware store didn't have any that were applicable. I only checked home depot and lowes, maybe northern tool would have something cheaper.

Just so you know the ones I got of ebay weren't an exact match, but In my opinion much better quality then what they originally came with.
    I had to drill out the hole just a tad and crimp down on the nut a little further since the threads weren't as long.
    Don't remember how much they cost, but do remember thinking they were a little expensive. are they red?

#5 5 years ago

Mine started to disintegrate last summer. I searched all over the stores and the net trying to find replacements. A casters only place I went to didn't even know where to get them. I even order two sets from different companies that showed the exact measurements, and when I received them they were wrong in some way.

I don't even remember jabtecs site showing replacement casters last year when I was looking. Ordering four would get a little expensive!

2 years later
    #6 3 years ago

After 4 yrs of use, the rubber covering on all 4 wheels of my pinskates have cracked and fell apart.

Anyone found new wheels that works besides $17.99 replacement casters?

EDIT

Found the caster info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-skate-wheel-repair-and-mod

2 years later
    #7 1 year ago

Used my pinskates on over 100 degree pavement and the rubber outer part of the wheels completely shredded off the plastic hubs. Had them over 13 years.

I bought some replacement casters on Amazon but worried they may not work. I made sure the wheel part was the same spec so if the whole caster didn't work at least I could move the wheels over.

After ordering I found what appears to be a correct fit and will order those if the Amazon wheels don't work.

https://shop.servicecaster.com/Metric-Caster-Rubber-Wheel-p/scc-ts20s314-tprb-m1015.htm

This one has greater weight capacity and comes in multiple colors for same price:

https://shop.servicecaster.com/3-Caster-with-Polyurethane-Wheel-p/scc-ts20s314-ppub-m1015-m.htm

The stem is M10 thread and about 1 1/5 inches long. The original wheels are metric. They are 3 inch wheels and 1 1/4 wide or 75mm x 32mm. With a 10mm bore.

But if you have a direct replacement that is better priced than the Jabtecs please post.

#8 1 year ago

There are two sizes of threaded posts/stems on skates and the older sets have the smaller stem. If yours are 13 years old, the casters you're buying won't fit skates made over more recent years. No idea when they changed but it was at least 5 or 6 years ago.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinskates-where-to-buy-replacement-wheels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.