Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF5061.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

This weekend I'll be delivering one of my pins to a fellow Pinsider to "PinSit". I'm currently working a contract job and have no place to go with a pinball machine other than a storage locker. This will be beneficial to both parties, the game will get some use and be enjoyed in a cooled and heated environment instead of rotting away, doing nothing. This will be my third machine fostered into good homes. I've had real good luck doing this. I have an agreement with one buddy though, if something goes wrong with the machine, don't try to fix it. Just turn it off until I get back into town. This is a lifelong friend that once twisted lugnuts off one one side of his car while trying to rotate his tires. He turned the wrench toward the back on one side, and turned the wrench toward the rear on the opposite side. Believe it or not, he is an engineer.

#2 8 years ago

I'm guessing he is an automotive engineer.

#3 8 years ago

I love pinsitting

#4 8 years ago

Bring one to my home any time you'd like. It's a long drive though so make sure you use the bathroom before you leave Portland.

#5 8 years ago

Pinsitting is great!!!

I have been sitting a TOTAN, Breakshot, and Riverboat Gambler for years!

Chris

DSCF5061.jpgDSCF5061.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I wouldn't know anything about that.

/pushes 19 pinball machines under carpet with foot discretely/

#7 8 years ago

Been doing it forever:

Had a buddy pinsit my GnR for a bit, also had other friends watch my JM, HS. Parents watched my RS and JM for a bit.

Currently watching a friends TZ and JP. Was watching his SC for a bit, but he sold it. Also watched his CFTBL and CC for a bit.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tanner:

Bring one to my home any time you'd like. It's a long drive though so make sure you use the bathroom before you leave Portland.

I have three pins in Wichita, Kansas, so its not as far as you think. I move around the country a lot.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing he was an automotive engineer.

LOL, nope, chemical His father worked for Chrysler for years, so that may explain a lot.

#10 8 years ago

Just got a basement. Let me know if you need me to take advantage of your situation.. err.. help you out.

#11 8 years ago

Buying a pin for someone else to keep at their house seems like a great deal. Although if you leave a pin at my house I need to be able to shop it out and fix things because broken routed pins drive me up the wall.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Buying a pin for someone else to keep at their house seems like a great deal. Although if you leave a pin at my house I need to be able to shop it out and fix things because broken routed pins drive me up the wall.

Well, if the sitter in question knew what they was doing, OP may have a different tune. But it sounded like that guy was not really a pinhead on that level.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I have three pins in Wichita, Kansas, so its not as far as you think. I move around the country a lot.

Wichita, eh?

#14 8 years ago

Interesting post...
    I currently have 2 pins out at friends houses.
    One, I brought home from an auction, "it did not sell", for a friend. delivered it to another friends house. He had it for a while.
    Then it broke, I took it home and fixed it, and another friend bought it. off it went. a year later, he wanted me to buy it back.
    I did not, then he moved, and I had to take it back. on the way home, another friend called, and, yup, diverted over to his house.
    Had it for a while, then needed space and called. I picked it up, brought it home, and a Neph called and asked for a pin.
    Yup, off it went. I never even wanted that pin, but it worked out to help a few people enjoy playin, and I never had to hold it for more than one day. Pinsitting... I am down for BEERsitting, if anybody has a few takin up too much space, call me!!!

#15 8 years ago

One of these years, I'll retire for good. I'll then collect everything up in one place. (At least thats the plan)

#16 8 years ago

Okay, my Swords of Fury is now safely tucked away in a great foster home. I gave Lionman a good tour of Portland and he now resides in Bothell, WA.

#17 8 years ago

I'm pinsitting a few games: MM, TOM, WH2O, IJ, BSD, WOZ to name a few. Its tough having extra room but someone has to bare this burden.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

LOL, nope, chemical His father worked for Chrysler for years, so that may explain a lot.

If I remember back in the early 70s Chrysler/Plymouth had reverse threads on some of there car models.

#19 8 years ago

I have a great foster home for pinsitting. I could fit approximately 20 more games in my basement easily.

So basically I could have an orphanage at my house. Haha

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Okay, my Swords of Fury is now safely tucked away in a great foster home. I gave Lionman a good tour of Portland and he now resides in Bothell, WA.

I will take good care of it! Very appropriate for me to be watching this one with the ramps I just made for it. Before receiving this game, Pinballbulbs did an LED lighting upgrade that looks very cool. I will install a set of clear ramps in it and post photos once done.

#21 8 years ago

Yes, Lionman is now with the RampMaster, they should get along splendidly!

#22 8 years ago

I am a fan of pin sitting on both sides. However, if something isn't right, fix it. No one wants to pin sit a broken game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsitting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.