Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by smudge
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20220320_114457 (resized).jpg
    20220319_153416 (resized).jpg
    16477179313373107634899006238776 (resized).jpg
    20220316_125045 (resized).jpg
    20220315_101624 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.18.31 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

Great install video, thanks! Just watched; going to dive in tomorrow night and try to get mine installed...

@Mando - One question: having read through this thread, I was wondering if you had a link to the correct model of replacement ribbon cable? I don't PLAN on tearing mine, but, you know, accidents could happen, and I'd just like to have a source for a cable replacement handy...

#18 2 years ago

Hey @Mando just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here... The end of the cable with red tape around it has 18-pins, the side without has... 15?

The 18-pin side is too wide to fit into the main board connector. I'm guessing the tape is simply on the wrong connector, but want to make sure before I deviate from the instructions ..

16477179313373107634899006238776 (resized).jpg16477179313373107634899006238776 (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago

Actually, neither of the cable connectors in the PDF have this many pin slots... Are both sides supposed to have the same number of pin slots?

These are the two ends of the cable that I have. (One end plugged into the capture board, the other held up for comparison.)

20220319_153416 (resized).jpg20220319_153416 (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

That's weird does one side have more than the other ? It should not , that's a mistake I'd so. What you can likely do is put the side with the electric tape on them main board just remove the tape . They should be identical the only reason for the tape is for it to fit more snug so you would want to replace it.
    Does that make sense sorry at a wedding.

Oh my goodness!! ENJOY the wedding!

No worries, that's what I suspected would be the solution, just wanted to double check before I got "creative" *whew*

(Fingers crossed for you that there's a Venetian Hour over there!)

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

That's weird does one side have more than the other ? It should not , that's a mistake I'd so. What you can likely do is put the side with the electric tape on them main board just remove the tape . They should be identical the only reason for the tape is for it to fit more snug so you would want to replace it.
    Does that make sense sorry at a wedding.

WORKS. BEAUTIFULLY.

Swapped the ends of the cable, and it signal came through right as rain.

Used a 5V phone charger for the screen, and I'm good to go... (Thank you for stopping me from using a 12V power supply. That could have been disastrous.)

Cheers!

2 months later
    #36 1 year ago

Thanks for all of your work on this!!

1 month later
    #38 1 year ago

Just wanted to check in and see if the conclusions about an improvement were final, or if testing is still in progress? Cheers and thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsight-hdd-troubleshooting?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.