(Topic ID: 13553)

Pinside's averages and how should I use them?

By LordCrom

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordcrom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hello

Looking for advice with my first post. I've just gotten into the passion of collecting pins and I want to make sure I don't miss out on a great opportunity with my second purchase.

There is a very nice, clean looking Earthshaker machine for sale in my area. The owner has spend hours tearing down, cleaning and restoring the machine and is now asking $2500 for the item. The high average on Pinside for an ES machine is $1500. Is the asking price of his machine to high? Should I expect to purchase the pin for around $1500? How should I use the averages when looking at purchasing a pin for my collection? What do you believe to be a fair price for a nice looking and working ES pin?

Thanks in advance!
    Clay

#11 12 years ago

http://gallery.me.com/tvsi#100103

Here are photos of the Earthshaker machine I was looking at. What do you think of the look compared to the asking price?

#15 12 years ago

TheLaw - How much was the asking price for the LAH? I am looking at one right now that has cabinet damage from being in an arcade and a little paint missing on the ticket of the playfield. The offer on the table is $1450, I feel like this is to much, am I wrong? What is the top you would be willing to go for such a condition?

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the ES machine. I felt it was overpriced at the $2500 and I don't believe I would pay more than $2000, maybe not even that high. You guys helped out a lot

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordcrom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsides-averages-and-how-should-i-use-them?tu=lordcrom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.