New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 146358)

Pinsiders, Providence RI's arcade bar needs your help!

By YoungPandas

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingDaddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hey all you Pinsiders! As a member of these boards, Pinside has been invaluable to me as a collector and enthusiast. I decided to put my collection and my life savings on the line six months ago to partner with several bar owners in Providence to bring the first true arcade bar to Southeastern New England, and the experience has been wild! We're a month from opening and we've launched a Kickstarter for next 30 days to try to make this arcade bar the best that it can be. Yes, I'm an owner - but I'll probably only ever break even on this. The idea, for me, was to create a space (and hell... jobs!) for gaming and pinball enthusiasts in the area. Providence is a great city with a heavy lack of pinball in public, and we want to change that.

We could really use your help funding this Kickstarter, and the rewards are pretty kick ass - game credits, swag, private parties.

Check out the website at www.shelterarcadebar.com and click the "Contribute" button to head to the Kickstarter. Make sure to also follow the links to social media and connect with me there.

Thank you, Pinside!

#2 4 years ago

This is really exciting news for RI. Providence is an awesome city and needs more pinball! I know a lot of us have been waiting for this for a long time. Can't wait to be one of your first customers!

-Doug

#4 4 years ago

Please charge more for the games. .50 arcade games were the norm in the 80s/90s. You are going to lose money on the pins only charging .50c and .25c for arcade games.

Going to talk to my wife tonight, we'll make a donation for sure.

#5 4 years ago

Excellent news. I'm there periodically and am always limited to the pins at the airport, Thanks!!!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Please charge more for the games. .50 arcade games were the norm in the 80s/90s. You are going to lose money on the pins only charging .50c and .25c for arcade games.
    Going to talk to my wife tonight, we'll make a donation for sure.

Agreed.

P.s - no one goes into business like this to break even. Make a profit and don't listen to anyone whining about game prices and how "rich" you are getting from them. Price as you need to and offer an awesome experience!

#7 4 years ago

Great idea, I love the idea and location and look forward to visiting often.

#8 4 years ago

I'm going to contribute by stopping by and drinking your beer while I play some sweet games! Add in some munchies and I'll be a happy camper!

#9 4 years ago

yeah, I concur with some of the sentiment... making profit doesn't mean you aren't doing it for the love of it. Make money, be successful... the best thing is that you DO make money and THAT entices more people to follow.

4 weeks later
    #12 4 years ago

Just saw this thread. Can't wait to check out the place in person.

#13 4 years ago

Looks like he reached his Kickstarter goal - so hopefully all systems are go!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 12.95
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside