• Other 2 votes
    5%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shoes56 (resized).jpg
kids3.jpg
#1 5 years ago

Measured my height today, shocked to discover I’m over six feet tall. My entire adult life I have been 5’9”, but today I was flying high. Was playing GOTG and a 4 year old boy walks over and parks himself by the left flipper button and is leaning on my arm and hanging over the glass to watch me play. When I started Groot MB and three balls shot out Groot’s mouth, the boy let out a “whoa mister that’s cool”. So then his 5 year old sister comes over and wedges herself between where I am currently standing and the right flipper and starts watching.

So I started locking balls as I asked who wanted to try the next mb? They both were kind of quiet but the girl looked brave and she was primed. So I locked the last ball and told her to put her hands on the flippers and off she went playing groot mb with a large smile on her face. When the balls drained I got back on the machine and setup another groot mb and told the boy it was his turn. He was a little double flipper and didn’t get how to play, so his sis is yelling at him what to do and not to do. She told him to quit mashing the flippers like retard. Anyways he got to play and really liked it.

Later the mom comes over to collect them and reminded them to thank me, which I received two of. That was the highlight of my day, and I felt over six foot tall standing there in my boots.

Kids in pic are not the ones, but you get the idea.
kids3.jpgkids3.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Thank you for being so awesome !

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

jeffspinballpalace yes always a pleasure to see people turning kids on to the pinball machines.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

jeffspinballpalace yes always a pleasure to see people turning kids on to the pinball machines.

Pretty sure the girl was hooked on pinball when she left. She showed some talent and came back with a dollar for Iron Man, so she clearly knows where to find money and can negotiate like an adult.

#5 5 years ago

Sounds like she's going to have her brother whipped into shape as well.

#6 5 years ago

great story ...bet it would bring a smile to all pinsiders had they had that opportunity to Play/watch/teach with those kids

M

#7 5 years ago

Crazy, as I've never been over six feet tall either, until I purchased this magical new pair of shoes.

Shoes56 (resized).jpgShoes56 (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I felt over six foot tall standing there.

You don't look that tall in your Pinside avatar picture.
Kudos to you, although that will never happen to me because I just don't like kids.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-over-6-feet?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.