tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wckrusa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1379 11 years ago

As someone who just found the forum but is a huge pinball fan am I to understand that the game galaxy pinball machine library will be increasing with a Xmen and Twilight Zone machine?

#1381 11 years ago

I just updated my location. I live in the Antioch area. I'm excited about Twilight Zone. I used to play it all the time when I was a kid. I got depressed when the mall closed down and I thought everything moved to Huntsville. The nearest place for me to play now is Opryland Hotel and I'm not a fan of their machines.

#1385 11 years ago

Google search really. Ironically enough the closing of the mall and the arcade got me searching. I used to play there when I got the chance or at the AMF bowling alley which had a copy of Pirates of the Caribbean(gone now). Since those locations went away I started searching for alternate places to feed my desire for pinball. The most up to date list I've seen so far is here at Pinside. Then I realized that Game Galaxy was partially staying in Nashville from there website. The last update for Nashville was on July 24th saying that they would open later that week. When that week came and went I got curious as to what was going on so I searched the Pinside forum to see if I could get more up to date info.

#1387 11 years ago

Yeah I saw that. I am currently frequenting Crossville cause I grew up there and my fiancee is currently taking a Nursing course there so on the weekends I pass by Lebanon. I may swing by on my way to check out that laundrymat with the 4 pins.

I need to add one to the list actually. Crossville TN has an Attack From Mars machine.

#1400 11 years ago

Crash

When does Holiday Wash close on say Sundays?

#1402 11 years ago

Awesome. Thanks

#1415 11 years ago

I swung by Holiday Wash Friday and played some Adams Family. It's amazing how you remember the rules after so many years I've never played a Hook or a Whitewater but I'm thinking of swinging by again on Sunday to give them a try.

Question on Game Galaxy. Are you guys keeping the same hours as the mall? I noticed the Noon to Six and I was wondering if you were sticking to the mall hours or if you're going to extend your hours now that you're not restricted to mall time.

#1417 11 years ago

I'm leaving Crossville around 7:00 so I'll hit Lebanon around 8:30. If I see another guy playing pinball I'll just say hey are you Crash? I figure most people will be trying to do laundry or something.

#1420 11 years ago

Thanks for the offer Crash but you don't have to do that.

Nights are usually the best time to play pinball. It's going to be tricky to get to Galaxy before 7. That being said what is Fight Night and Pinball night till 11 PM? That sounds promising.

#1443 11 years ago

I did. I played a few rounds on Adams Family, Hook, and Whitewater. Never played a Hook or Whitewater before but I liked them both. When you guys cycle the pins out what do you do with the other ones? Do you work with Game Galaxy or do you have other locations? Jurassic Park and Tales from the Crypt were two other pins I have fond memories of. Although the puns did get old on Tales from the Crypt.

2 weeks later
#1642 11 years ago

I'd like to one day own my own pinball machine and I'd like to have some idea of what I'm doing to maintain the machine myself without having someone else come in and fix it. You guys ever thought about having some sort of pinball machine weekly or maintainance workshop/talk at game galaxy perhaps during league night where you discuss basic maintainance of a pin or show this is how you do x or currently we have a broke coil on Whitewater this is how you handle that etc. Sounds like 4 or 5 of you have quite a bit of knowledge in this area. Just throwing it out as an idea.

1 week later
#1738 11 years ago

Crash

First off I stopped by Holiday Wash the other day and while I didn't get a chance to play Police Force, I did get a chance to play Adams Family and I noticed it's playing much better than the last time I played it.(Thing Flipper was working much better and so was the plunger) I could tell work had been done on it and it was an enjoyable play.

I went to college in Cookeville and lived there for a few years afterwards and there's no place to play pinball there that I know of anymore. None.

If you find yourself in Crossville though which is 30 miles east of Cookeville

A. I'm sorry you're stuck in Crossville
B. there is a Revenge From Mars Pinball 2000 machine (know I said Attack from Mars earlier but I got my machines crossed) I've updated the pinmap with the location.

#1740 11 years ago

Crash

I went on Friday around 6:30. I stopped in before heading to Crossville to visit the family.

2 weeks later
#1997 11 years ago

Have you tried or thought about advertising on facebook? They could target in the Nashville area and you could set up a decent facebook page advertising all you had.

#2004 11 years ago

Yeah the banners and advertisements on the right. The plus to Facebook advertising though is you can filter for your target audience based what's on their page. So for instance you'd probably want to filter for the Nashville area. You can also filter by relationship status, age, gender etc. If you've ever wondered why there are advertisements for dating sites when you're single but then when you get engaged suddenly wedding advertisements pop up. Anyone with children will notice daycare advertisements.

So if you wanted to target your advertisment to males between the ages of 15 to 45 who have an interest in video games in the Nashville area you could.

1 week later
#2147 11 years ago

Now it figures Crash that I'd leave Cookeville and they would actually get some pinball machines.

I just got back from Vegas and the pinball hall of fame down there. It was really enjoyable to play a few games not offered by the fine people at Game Galaxy. If I could encourage you guys to aquire a Family Guy pinball though. I played one while down there and I'm addicted to it now.

2 weeks later
#2300 11 years ago

I'll never complain about the tilt settings on Monster Bash at Game Galaxy again. I just played Pirates of the Caribbean in Cookeville at the bowling alley today. You can't even nudge the machine there without getting a tilt.

1 year later
#4777 10 years ago

Somebody put a new high score on ACDC too. Jason I believe.

3 weeks later
#4838 9 years ago

I've added some new around Nashville locations to the pinmap. There is a laundrymat in Smyrna that has a Comet, X-files, Pinbot, and Mata Hari. The Pinbot and Mata Hari were broken but the Comet was playing very well.

Also in Mt. Juliet the USA Bar and Grill has a Nascar.

No one will argue that Game Galaxy is the best one stop location around here for pinball. But if you don't have an hour to kill, or you want to play a quick 10 minute game you have some options.

#4841 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The Smyrna laundromat has my arcade games in the place. The Comet was actually shopped out and fixed up by Mystic. I do not own any of the pinballs in the place.

wckrusa: There should be some pins in Murfreesboro now as well...

Man's got a Nashville Monopoly going Yeah I just moved to the Smyrna area so I'm trying to see what's all available. What do you have in Murfreesboro?

#4847 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just posted an update to http://www.midtnpinball.com about the next tournament on May 17th. Here's the tentative lineup.

spiderman (Stern)
The Amazing spiderman (Gottlieb)
Cirqus Voltaire
AC/DC

There's a Cirqus Voltaire at Game Galaxy? I've never even noticed it.

#4849 9 years ago

If there's a fully stocked bar up there too then I'm sold on the VIP membership to get in.

2 months later
#4938 9 years ago

Hey guys. Normally Williams posts Tournament info but he won't be able to make the next one so he's asked Curtis and I to send out updates/host it next month.

So next Tournament scheduled for August 2nd at 2:00 PM.

The lineup is looking like
Congo
Tron
Getaway
Monday Night Football

We will post an alternate as well in the near future.

#4940 9 years ago

The real mystery in Congo is figuring out how did they make a movie about killer Gorillas and diamond laser guns boring.

#4945 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I've never seen the Congo movie, though I own it on laserdisc.

What would you guys think of a tournament where I give away a pinball machine as part of a league? I would think 8 weeks or something....

That would be amazing! Best idea I've heard since Game Galaxy's daycare service.

#4948 9 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Hey guys. Normally Williams posts Tournament info but he won't be able to make the next one so he's asked Curtis and I to send out updates/host it next month.

So next Tournament scheduled for August 2nd at 2:00 PM.

The lineup is looking like
Congo
Tron
Getaway
Monday Night Football

The alternate game will be RollerGames

2 weeks later
#4965 9 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

The reason I'm interested is Nashville has an awesome arcade with many classic video games and probably upwards of 15 pinballs by now. It's called Game Galaxy

Yeah they've gotten a few pinballs more than 15 since then. I think the count might be around 80 now.

You probably already know this too but where your staying has 2 pinballs as well. Big Buck Hunter and World Series Poker. If you want some variety though, it's absolutely worth the trip to check out.

There is also a location in the Rivergate Mall area that has a Star Track and a few other pins as well that is slightly closer to you.

1 month later
#5013 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Thanks Mike, it's definitely a bit different than Antioch which is basically like a dirty warehouse slop fest, but it has the best selection of arcade games to play within 3-4 states though =)

See it's not the location that's the problem but the game quality I think. You just need a few more A list titles in the Antioch location. Perhaps, oh I don't know, an Attack From Mars or a Lord of the Rings. If only we knew somewhere we could aquire these titles.

#5018 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

It's true, the Antioch location is lacking in game titles. Those new Sterns don't cut it, and who needs that Cirqus Voltaire, Twilight Zone, and Scared Stiff anyway? It's probably time to toss Iron Man and AC/DC into the street.

Well you do what you have to do. Just so long as you don't remove my all time favorite pin Wizard of Oz.

2 weeks later
#5025 9 years ago

Fascinating. I was unaware of the general history of Game Galaxy. I guess that's what happens when you try to mess with pure capitalism.

#5038 9 years ago

Looking forward to the release party. Is Walking Dead coming to the arcade going to be a LE or Pro? As far as the rate increases go, I'd be ok with either method. I'd imagine it would be easier though to simply increase your rate to either $12 or $15 and say everything is free play as opposed to saying yeah $10 gets you everything except these pins and explaining to new people why that is.

3 weeks later
#5081 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I saw the awards for the Walking Dead tournament coming up. Several things, but the first place trophy is very, very cool.

Man you giving out trophies now for these things! Will there be a participation trophy as well to inform us that we are great sports but not great pinball players?

So has Walking Dead earned more than WOZ yet?

2 weeks later
#5093 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Mustang is not a good pin. Played it. Ugh. I've been very fortunate to not pick up "bad" new in box pins.

In defense of Mustang, it's not that bad. The ability to cancel the multiball out is a neat idea and it has Motorhead Ace of Spades on it. If you enjoy a fast paced game it's worth a look. Especially in a few years when the price of one drops significantly as it wasn't a hugely popular title. Of course, I also didn't think Avengers was all that bad either so judge my opinion accordingly.

#5110 9 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I just can't seem to get into that game at all since they are based on a horrible movie.

Oh the more terrible the movie, the better the pinball machine is.

The Shadow
Congo
Dracula
Godzilla

As far as game requests to possibly get:

Junkyard
Maverick
Batman Forever
Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy
Indiana Jones Williams version
Lord of the Rings

#5117 9 years ago

Hey guys as Aaron said, I'm going to be heading up the December 6th tournament at Game Galaxy. Rather than me select 4 games for us to play, I thought it would be fun and democratic to vote on the 4 to have out of a preselected bank of 12 games. Voting starts now and will officially end on November 30th for the December tournament. Feel free to vote publicly or to just PM me. Also, even if you don't regularly participate in the tournament, don't be afraid to cast a vote if you just want to punish us with a particularly challenging game on the list.

Pick 4 of the following:
Xenon-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ball
Centar-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ball
Batman Dark Knight
World Cup Soccer
Gladiators
Sorcerer
Fish Tales
Sopranos
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Monday Night Football
Whirlwind
Star Wars

See you around in the arcade

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5124 9 years ago

I can confirm that the safe is working as well. Jason when you get a chance, do you care to switch Xenon and Centar to 5 ball. Centar is currently 3 and Xenon was actually on 2 ball I believe last I was in.

#5126 9 years ago

I suppose they can be 3 ball, I was just wanting it at 5 ball for consistency. In the past tournaments older games had been set to 5 ball. Elektra, Gottlieb Spiderman, Firepower...

#5129 9 years ago

Papa rules typically have ems at 5 balls and everything else to 3 with extra balls turned off so we will do them at 3 balls. Again it's not that big of a deal.

1 week later
#5154 9 years ago

All just a friendly tournament reminder that the next tournament will be December 6th at Game Galaxy Antioch at 2pm. We are voting for the 4 games that will be played from a list of games. Voting ends on November 30th. Also if you've voted for Xenon, we are going to have to pull it so feel free to send me an alternate game if you voted for that one. PM or reply with your votes from the following list:

Centar
Batman Dark Knight
World Cup Soccer
Gladiators
Sorcerer
Fish Tales
Sopranos
Monday Night Football
Whirlwind
Star Wars

1 week later
#5165 9 years ago

Votes are in. Here is your lineup for the next tournament on December 6th. See you then.

Sorcerer
World Cup Soccer
Sopranos
Fish Tales

#5174 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Hey all, some news and notes about the league are on the web site. Nothing major, but please take a second to read if you're a league player.

I don't know Aaron, if I remember my Star Wars prequels correctly. Things were running smoothly when they called themselves a 'Republic' and then some guy showed up and suggested a simple name change too. Lets call ourselves an 'Empire'. Then all hell broke loose.

1 week later
#5191 9 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, the next pinball tournament will be on January 3rd 2015 at 2:00 PM at Game Galaxy. Please either post or pm me your votes for the 4 games to be played out of the below 11. Voting will end on December 27th. Looking forward to it.

Pick 4 out of the following 11

Gladiators -Best described by Aaron as so dumb that it's fun

Mousin Around - The left divertor on this one is not working properly so the ball will always divert to the mouse hole. This doesn't effect the game but it is much harder to start the multiball as you can't use the left inlane to spot mouse trap letters.

Star Wars

Class of 1812 - Currently set to 5 ball

Metallica

Funhouse

Cyclone

Jokerz

Godzilla

Monster Bash - Just so you know the scoop kickout on this one tends to go way left towards the left inlane/outlane area and it has an extremely tight tilt making it a real challenge. You've been warned.

2 weeks later
#5203 9 years ago

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas

Join us Saturday January 3rd at 2:00 PM at Game Galaxy Antioch for our monthly pinball tourny.

The games will be

Gladiators
Monster Bash
Metallica

Looking forward to seeing you there. Spread the word!

1 week later
#5205 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone who participated in the pinball tournament at Game Galaxy this weekend.

Your winner was Brandon Brocius who absolutely crushed it on Metallica and Monster Bash in the finals so congrats to him.

2nd place went to Jamie Webber whom absolutely no one should challenge in a cash money game on Elvira and the Party Monsters and Joe Farnsworth comes up 3rd.

Aaron will be posting the overall results on the website soon and will be running the Feb tournament.

1 week later
#5211 9 years ago

I just realized that the next tournament falls on my daughters 4th birthday so I'll be missing this one. However, I'll still cast my votes.

Rocky - This game is awesome! Even if you don't play in the tournament I encourage you to give it a few tries. Flipper setup starts messing with your head.

Iron Man, Batman, and Cyclone

1 month later
#5236 9 years ago

I still prefer here to post info and to chat with everyone as opposed to facebook. I did glance at the facebook site though and noticed that a certain local arcade is getting credit cards finally. How did that info fail to make it to the pinside forum?

#5245 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Also, consider this post my official petition for Jason to bring Star Trek back to Antioch and swap it with whatever of his choosing.

I'll officially sign that petition.

#5250 9 years ago

I cast my vote for Scared Stiff

2 weeks later
#5274 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

lineup is shaping up nicely (no Orbitor 1).

I'm going to have to agree with Jason on this one. I think Orbitor 1 might have to make an appearance in a future tournament.

#5285 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I'm kind of thinking something like Star Trek/AFM/Fathom or Seawitch/(Mystery Game). What does everyone else think?

Lineup sounds good. You also have Dirty Harry as well. Been a lot of new games coming in.

1 week later
#5296 9 years ago

You know what stinks?
Let's say you're a local business man who owns an arcade in the Nashville area, and you say to yourself, I think I'll bring my nice Attack from Mars to the arcade that you've had in your private collection. Say you have an impressive high score on it of about 17 billion on it. Then some local jerk comes in and just slightly edges past that score....

IMG_1007.JPGIMG_1007.JPG

What a jerk

2 weeks later
#5309 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Seawitch is in. The game is working, Right Flipper needs some adjustment for strength but I've seen games in PAPA tournaments play 5x worse so this should be fine. Everything can be done in Seawitch still.

Aaron can make a call when he plays it, if it's playing super hard cause none of us play at a PAPA level. Some other older games that I think play rather well...

Qbert's Quest
Rocky
Cyclone
Mousin Around

If we need some subs.

Other than pinside, is there a place where we can post the tournament info? Facebook? Twitter? All that jazz.

#5314 8 years ago

Star Trek looks good.

2 weeks later
#5331 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

DreamTR said:

I am finalizing dates, I am thinking whatever format is approved by IFPA and we do them 4 straight weeks, 1st-5th get points. Saturdays for each starting at 2pm. TWO locations, Rivergate Mall being the second location.
Still working on a few things with it but will be able to get more info on how I want the format soon. You will have a 30 day notice for each in this 4 week Saturday season. July being most likely month, after the Atlanta thing and before the Pittsburgh tournament.

I'm super excited about this. One thing though. I like the idea of having the tournaments once a month on Saturdays. This extends the prize out and allows you to spread the word so someone doesn't feel like they missed out on the prize. Also my wife is a nurse and typically works weekends and we have a 4 year old. I can get one Saturday a month to play sometimes even two but four Saturdays in a row is going to be tricky for me personally to make. Anyone else in the same boat?

#5332 8 years ago

On a completely separate topic, I've been watching the IFPA Pinmasters Golf Tourny on You Tube (Google it). I'd think it would be really cool to do a pin golf tournament. Jason could even sync it up to be included with the Firepower II circuit.

How it works is you pick 9 games and those 9 games have a 'task' or goal to them. Say get to sea of simulation on tron or score 350,000,000 on Indy 500. You have these games set to 5 ball and everyone tries to achieve these goals in the fewest balls possible. If you don't make the goal in 5 balls then there is a penalty stroke given.

So using our example of Indy 500 if you don't achieve 350,000,000 in 5 balls if you got between 349,999,999 and 250,000,000 that's 6 strokes, between 249,999,999 and 150,000,000 is 7 strokes all the way down to 10.

Lowest score wins just like golf. I think it would be interesting as you can make the goals anything you want which will force someone to shoot for something they normally wouldn't.

#5343 8 years ago

You should make it the most random assortment of games ever. You know the ones everybody loves.

Orbitor1
Avengers
Super Mario Bros
Street Fighter II

#5352 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Transformers, rocky and bullwinkle, Tron, Elvira. Alternate is Firepower if the switch scoring thing is solved.

Those are the four. Have fun. When we get a date for the Kiss Launch Party it will be the same date, hopefully the 27th of June.

Jason don't suppose I could get you to set a date of July 11th for this tournament. Reason I ask is IFPA has a rule that you have to announce tournaments a month in advance. We already have July 12 on the books though as it's our normal 1st Saturday of the month tournament (offset of course due to July 4th holiday) that way we can register it with IFPA.

#5354 8 years ago

July 12th works better for me for personal reasons as well but I understand if the date is set.

1 week later
#5364 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Will, this is for you.

Absolutely amazing video Crash. I'd take "The Bank Shot" from Cue Ball Wizard over "Chop of the Morning to Ya!" from Tales from the Crypt any day of the week.

1 week later
#5388 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Gene head > Mick on a Stick

I think that sums it up nicely. I'm excited for this one! It looks like they are going ACDC route of picking a song will tell you which shot to go for. I have no idea what picking a city will be used for but perhaps a code update will implement. The demon kickout can be brutal but it's for multiball and you can save the ball so it's not as bad as walking dead pop bumpers. It has a left outlane ball save but it's not lit at the start of your ball, you have to earn it which I like.

One minor thing about the game that I think is kinda cool is the mystery scoop when lit just gives you your award and then just spits the ball back out in 1 second. There is no mystery animation, no chance to take a break and think, you're just back at it.

"No one wants to be Peter Criss Lois, Not even Peter Criss."- Peter Griffin

1 week later
#5396 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I took one look at the Atlanta tournament rules and laughed. I seriously could sit there and spend $200 or $20....it's a racket IMO vs a chance thing since you can just keep spending money to get that "one lucky score" vs consistency.

I agree with you on the spending money aspect of it. I've always been shocked at what some guys will drop relative to try to get in. One of the guys I played in the finals in Louisville told me he dropped $240 to get in. Personally I try to go in with a max cap on what I will spend to qualify and if I don't then the free play area in this show is amazing.

Quick Tournament recap: Curtis and I both made it to the finals of a papa tournament A division which is a pretty major accomplishment for both of us as neither of us had ever done it before. Top 24 get in with a bye going to the top 8. Curtis and I are pretty competitive in nature and we were constantly going back and forth in ranking trying to better the others scores and 'one upping the other'. I ended up putting a top 3 score on Adams Family and Curtis ended up with a top 3 in Dracula both us us putting our initials on the games. With only one hour of qualifying left Curtis was in but I was sitting out at 25th place. With some encouragement and advice from Aaron though, I played one more entry and was able to put up a good score on Fathom which got me in. I went out last place at 24th in the Finals and Curtis did better going out at 18th. Chris Bassler ended up winning the tournament overall.

If you've never been to this show, I would encourage you to go. I can't think of a single game that was not available in the Free Play area and all of the latest games were there including the P3 pinball and the Whoa Nelle game both of which are pretty cool. Almost all of the games are for sale as well. America's Most Haunted was in the tournament and that game is amazing! That will be the new Medieval Madness in a few years going for ridiculous amounts of money.

Also if you've never played competitive pinball before. I don't care if it's a Papa tournament, or the local tournaments here, or just you and a friend playing dollar games on a machine, pinball is a lot more fun with a friend to compete against. Most fun I had all weekend was playing Curtis and Aaron $1 game challenges on Indy, Maverick, and Jackbot.

#5401 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Kiss may become my new favorite Stern, but WWE is definitely my least favorite. Congratulations Transformers, you're out of the cellar!

Aaron, you would seriously rank a WWE or Transformers below Rolling Stones and Avengers?

#5414 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Easily the best Stern pinball.

Wow. Over LOTR Jason?

#5418 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

But you'll never convince me that X-files isn't a pile of hot garbage.

X-files is no Maverick Aaron.

#5429 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I won the launch party

Has Peter Criss replaced the Star Trek award on your mantle Aaron? Nothing ties a room together like Catman!

#5430 8 years ago

On a serious note, thanks to everyone for coming out. I tried to get contact information for upcoming Tournaments we do. It's looking like the next one will be the first weekend in August. We will keep everyone posted.

#5431 8 years ago

Any special July 4th weekend hours Jason?

#5442 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

so i got my Star Trek fully working now if any of you clowns want to come over and put scores up for me to try to beat

Sounds like a plan! Let me know when you're having a clown get together.

1 week later
#5455 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I had a couple of great games on Frankenstein yesterday.

I've never seen great games and Frankenstein in the same sentence. Great scores though.

#5459 8 years ago

She's home. My Firepower II I won from the tournament. Needs a little love but I'm up for the task. Minus the back glass cause I hadn't put it in yet.
237.JPG237.JPG

236.JPG236.JPG

Playfield could use some work.
235.JPG235.JPG

#5463 8 years ago

Hey what do you guys recommend for cleaning a pinball machine? Not the playfield itself but things like inside the cabinet, inside the backglass, under the playfield, etc.

#5468 8 years ago

Hey guys. August 8th is the date of the next tournament and it's fast approaching. What we typically do is we will provide a list of games playing well at Game Galaxy and allow people to vote for 4 to make it in to the tournament. Voting will end August 1st so without further delay choose 4 of the following:

Banzai Run
Spiderman
Batman
Dirty Harry
No Fear
Getaway
Kiss
Mousin Around
Class of 1812
Cyclone
Johnny Mnemonic

#5473 8 years ago

Chad

This is simple. You just tell your wife/girlfriend/life partner that you're going out to get some cleaning supplies for the new house/apartment/condo and then you disappear for like 6 hours and compete in a pinball tournament. Then when she asks where have you been when you come back, point out that there are still some boxes that have not been unpacked, has she been goofing off this entire time?

To clarify it's the new Stern Spiderman and anyone can vote for a lineup even if you can't make it or if you're not sure if you can or not.

#5480 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Do I hear the Murfreesboro Pinball club with a tourney schedule??

Only people in the Rutherford County area need apply

On a serious note this is exciting news as more location pinball is always a good thing. We will have to check this place out very soon.

#5486 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

396,000,000 in Walking Dead.

That's way better than I've ever done on walking dead.

My GC scores that I know of are

World Cup Soccer
Attack From Mars
Stern Indy Jones
Dirty Harry

None of them are that high though except for the Attack.

#5487 8 years ago

Oh and if you're in the Rivergate area, I'm the GC on Pirates.

#5502 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Oh good, I know what to work on.

If you take down the Stern Indiana Jones score you get a special award for playing Stern Indiana Jones that long and not going insane. How long does a game of 700,000,000 spiderman take by the way? That game is a grind so you must have been there for a while.

#5503 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Oh good, I know what to work on.

If you take down the Stern Indiana Jones score you get a special award for playing Stern Indiana Jones that long and not going insane. How long does a game of 700,000,000 spiderman take by the way? That game is a grind so you must have been there for a while.

#5517 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Match play is great unless you get Krusafied!

Nothing worse than that. Just a reminder next tournament is August 8 at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. Last day to vote on games so get them in.

I need to run to Sams today in Murfreesboro so I think a slight detour to Flashback might be in order.

#5521 8 years ago

Gentlemen

Your lineup for the tournament on August 8th

Spiderman
Dirty Harry
No Fear
Getaway

Alternate will be Batman

Good luck and play more pinball!

#5529 8 years ago

You just can't keep the JEWs down for long though.

#5531 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

i would have had the getaway score but the ball flew off the super charger and got stuck then i got it out and the game slam tilted.......so mad

An impressive feat as the GC on that one is over 800 million. That's your game.

Stopped by yesterday to make sure games were running smooth for the tournament and put the GC on No Fear 2.7 billion with no buy in.

#5533 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Clearly it has some sort of switch error.

Well the glass was off so that helps....

#5540 8 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Coming up Saturday to hit Flashbacks and (hopefully) Game Galaxy as well.
All that pinball goodness only 20 minutes from each other? You folks are really sitting pretty right now.

How is the Sorcerer playing? I've thought about trying to nab one from the reviews i've heard - really wanna check it out.

Game Galaxy is also the only location with a Sorcerer so stop by around 2 and play some tournament pinball as well as some Sorcerer. We've featured it in the tournament before and it plays rather well.

As far as Getaway goes no I was talking about the Antioch one. The GC on it is 800 million and I though it was you Jason but must be someone else.

Tournament tomorrow at 2! Getaway, No Fear, Dirty Harry, and Spiderman!

#5541 8 years ago
Quoted from hainter:

Sorry, little bit late to the party but I had a blast at ReplayFX! It was the most pinball I ever played in two straight days, wish I could have played a little bit better but oh well, next time we will get them.

Curtis and Joe

What's your thoughts on the Hobbit and Full Throttle while you were down there.

#5546 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

come put scores up!

Now that looks good!

#5547 8 years ago

Special thanks to everyone who made it out to the tournament. We had a really good turn out and as always it was a lot of fun.
Aaron will post the results on the website so everyone can see how they did. David Daluga from Milwaukee took 1st, I came in 2nd, and Richard Rickman from Memphis came in 3rd.

Next Tournament is September the 5th and since we had all DMD games for this tournament I'm looking to do some older games for this next one. Think Cyclone or Firepower etc. I'll compose a list to vote on soon but if there's something playing well at the arcade you'd like to see, don't hesitate to throw out a game for consideration.

#5550 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I will try my hardest to get Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition in the arcade by then.

One way or another that will make a tournament. That's a great game.

1 week later
#5558 8 years ago

Hey guys

Next Tournament will be September the 5th at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. We will be going old school with this one so we will have a few more alternates with this one. Pick 4 from the following titles. All games are 3 ball unless noted.

Haunted House
Sea Witch(5 balls)
Black Knight 2000
Lights Camera Action
Defender
Firepower(5 balls)
Elecktra
Rocky
Banzai Run
Amazing Spiderman(5 balls)
Class of 1812(5 balls)
Cyclone

Voting ends a week before tournament so August 29th. Good luck and Happy voting.

1 week later
#5569 8 years ago

Just a reminder voting ends Saturday for the Game Lineup for the tournament on September 5th.

#5570 8 years ago

Also from a competition side if you have no idea about a game at all and need a quick reference guide on what to do for points there is a site now pintips.net that has a ton of games that link to strategies to get a high score.

#5571 8 years ago

Gentlemen your lineup for the tournament

Amazing Spiderman(5 ball)
Banzai Run
Class of 1812(5 ball)
Black Knight 2000

Alternates
Cyclone
Lights Camera Action
Haunted House

1 week later
#5576 8 years ago

Gentlemen

Next tourny is October 3rd 2PM at Antioch. The following are the list of games to vote on. Cast your votes. Top 4 get in with 1 alternate. Voting stops September 26th.

Twilight Zone (no powerball)
Austin Powers(no laser gun firing)
Red and Teds Road Show
Taxi
Mousin Around
Johnny Mnemonic
Indy 500
Firepower (5 ball game)
Elektra
Rocky

#5582 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I need to vote Austin Powers to the needs to be sold pile.

The callouts alone give this one a bonus I think. I liked these movies. If you do want to sell it though Curtis is looking for one.

Last tournament results

I came in first
Cher Farnsworth took second
Joe Farnsworth took third
Curtis Baker took fourth

Anyone can vote even if they can't make it but you can't vote for the same game 4 times.

#5583 8 years ago

Also I'm adding Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition to the list to vote on because Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition is an amazing game.

Twilight Zone (no powerball)
Austin Powers(no laser gun firing)
Red and Teds Road Show
Taxi
Mousin Around
Johnny Mnemonic
Indy 500
Firepower (5 ball game)
Elektra
Rocky
Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition

1 week later
#5590 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I saw via Facebook that Transformers has been moved to Rivergate.

I'd like to think I'm somewhat responsible for this!

Man's gotta make room for the new WWE Wrestlemania pin right?

#5592 8 years ago

Just a reminder

Next tournament is October 3rd 2:00. Voting on the games ends on September 26th. Hope to see everyone there!

#5605 8 years ago

Next tournament October 3rd. Here's your lineup

Twilight Zone
Indy 500
Red and Teds Road Show
Eight Ball Deluxe

Alternate
Taxi

See you guys there!

#5608 8 years ago

Just a reminder. Tournament tomorrow October 3rd at 2:00 PM Game Galaxy Antioch. Hope to see everyone there.

#5613 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I can't believe Will blew the main solenoid fuse on Twlight Zone.

All part of my plan to try to get Taxi in.

A big thanks to everyone who came out and supported the tournament. Aaron will post the overall results on the website soon.

I came in first, Joe Farnsworth came in second, Brandon Brocius came in third, and Zach Brattsveen crossed over from fighting games to the dark side of pinball to come in fourth in his first tournament.

October 24th will be the Game of Thrones launch party. Qualifying will be from 5-7 with the finals immediately after. Stern always provides some good prizes for these so try to make it out.

The next Tournament will be November the 7th I believe Aaron will be running this one.

#5617 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

X-Men from Antioch will move to Rivergate and finally be on Free Play

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from Crash:

When Pat says you won't see the whole game on a single credit he darn well means it.

The cool thing about this game is that it's a mode based game but the modes are cities as you go cross country from East Coast to West Coast. There are various paths you take so you will never play the same modes from game to game and you will never play the same modes twice. So in one game you may play New York to Ohio to New Orleans and in the next you will do Miami to Atlanta to Nashville. It's a really neat idea vs say you have a certain number of modes and you must play all of them every time to get to the wizard mode.

#5625 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

5 pins you don't care about if they "leave" the arcade..let's go, VOTE NOW

Diner
Bad Cats
Jurassic Park
Stern Indiana Jones
Jokerz

#5627 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

lol Will, Jokerz hasn't been there in weeks.

See how I haven't missed it at all!

Also Simpsons could go.

Quoted from williams:

I remember the Q-Bert debacle. It's true!

On a side note, I may push the November tournament back to November 14th

Let me know Aaron what dates and I'll make some flyers. Never mention Q-Bert again. That was a nightmare.

2 weeks later
#5644 8 years ago

Always excited for a pinball machine contest

On another note, and I ran this by Aaron, I'm toying with the idea of potentially trying to implement a handicap system in the monthly tournaments. The handicap would not count towards release parties or any special events Jason runs but just the regular old monthly tournament that we do. Idea I'm kicking around is on the first tournament everyone is on the same level and then if you are 1 place out of the finals you get 3 points added to your qualifying score for the next tournament. If your 2 or 3 places out the points go up maxed out to something like 20(the point numbers are just for example purposes and are in no way finite). Once you made it to the finals everyone would be on an even playing field and your handicap would reset to 0 so the handicap would help you qualify but you have to win on your own.

For Example:

Curtis Baker 1st
Aaron Williams 2nd
Joe Farnsworth 3rd
Cher Farnsworth 4th

At the next tournament Cher would have +3 to her qualifying score giving her a better chance to qualify. If she failed to qualify at the next tournament and say got 5th then we would add +6 from that tournament to her 3 and she gets a 9 point boost. Her max boost would be 20 points and once she got to the finals all her extra handicap points would go away and she would start fresh. This would hopefully encourage regular tournament participation as well as getting some new blood in.

Only thing is this would pretty much kill IFPA points in our tournaments which means you would miss out on 1/2 a point but I don't think it's that big of a loss. What do you guys think? Hate the idea? Undermines the purity of pinball? Or are you for something like it.

#5649 8 years ago

Any chance to get BeatemUp to do it? I think Aaron and I would be uncomfortable running a tournament with such a high stake that we were competing for. We wouldn't want an unfair advantage. If you intend to announce the other 3 games and they are not a secret we can print out the score sheets and help do addition to see who qualifies. This is basically what goes into running a tournament anyway.

Do you have alternate games as well in case something goes wrong with one that is not fixable?

What pinball machine are we playing for?

#5651 8 years ago

Yeah you'd be pretty safe there. Though it might get crowded in the front row. You're probably not going to find anyone not competing willing to run it so I don't care to volunteer to help as long as I have no advantage. Let me know the scoring system you want to use.

So I understand the finals is one game on the mystery machine correct?

What's your take on playing extra balls? Do we play one or all of them or none of them? Typically we will play 1 and then drain the rest.

#5655 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

No extra balls allowed period at this tournament. Drain them if they show up.

Format will be the same one you guys use for points.

Finals is ONE game on the mystery machine. ONE game four players sudden death winner gets the pinball machine (not the one in the finals)

Will do.

#5657 8 years ago

Just to cover all bases, you may want to also select an alternative mystery game as well just in case something goes wrong with mystery game number 1. Also don't forget everyone about upcoming November tournament on the 14th.

#5661 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Let's pick games out of a hat.

I like it!

3 weeks later
#5666 8 years ago

Just a reminder that the next Tournament is coming up December 12th and it's for a pinball machine! If that doesn't get you excited then I don't know what will! Tournament will start at 2:00 PM and consist of 3 games. Iron Man, Kiss, and Game of Thrones with Star Trek as an alternate. Top 4 will play a one game final on a mystery game to be named by Jason himself the day of the tournament. I hope to see everyone out there.

1 week later
#5673 8 years ago

My life is in crazy mode right now so I may be there or I may not be. I'm sorry. I'm not really going to know until 1 or 2 days before. I've got Aaron as a backup though so things will go forward. Spread the word out. I'm texting my phone contact list so everyone not on here knows.

#5677 8 years ago

I'll be at the tournament and running it. I need some fun in my life right now. My slacker butt has not made flyers for it though so hopefully Jason has been spreading the word. If less than 5 we can play some dollar games or something. Does Game of Thrones still randomly reset?

#5694 8 years ago

Speaking on behalf of a pinhead with a 4 year old it gets tricky when you try to do weeknights as you have to find a good babysitter and they are rare. I'm willing to give anything a try though.

Another idea that was proposed by Aaron that I thought was interesting is have a month long tournament. So we name the 4 games and when you can get to Game Galaxy you play the games and send a photo of your score to either myself or Aaron and we do something like that. This solves the issue of people's schedules as you play when you can. Of course you'd be on the honor system with this method but I trust you guys.

1 week later
#5704 8 years ago

Awesome

4 weeks later
#5714 8 years ago

My situation has calmed down and is taking a turn in the positive direction. Also I'm itching to start competing against you guys again. Flashback Game of Thrones has new GC of 837 mill. Good luck.

3 weeks later
#5742 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Lord of the Rings is in my garage. I am not against bringing that anymore.

Ah yes please. You can remove Rocky and Bullwinkle if you want. It will be tough to live without it but I will somehow go on.

It's about time Nashville got an expo! It's exciting!

4 weeks later
#5765 8 years ago

As the storm in my life calms, I'm itching for some more competitive pinball competition and would like to see us get the tournaments rolling back out again. The main issue with the tournaments in the past was when we did them. We had them on the first weekend every month but a lot of people who wanted to participate could not on those days. Aaron and I have discussed potentially doing some type of selfie league as almost everyone has a smartphone. We pick games and locations and people have a deadline to submit a picture with their score and name. This will enable people to try and compete when they have free time and can make it out to locations (either Game Galaxy Antioch, Rivergate or Flashback most likely right now) and try to put up the best score that they can. Finals would have to be done in person of course. What would you guys think about this format?

#5770 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

By no means do I want to come in as an outsider and make a tourney recommendation, but once we are opened up. We can provide you guys with a place to have tourney play. Games will be gone over day of tourney play and we will have people there that can oversee the players. Just a suggestion. Although the key to a good league is variety, so we would need a few more locations just like that.

Locations really honestly are not our problem. We have a lot of great locations with a lot of great variety and we always welcome another place to play pinball. Especially one that serves beer Our main issue is getting everyone together on a particular day and time to run a tournament. We have a lot of great local players who are enthusiastic about the tournaments but syncing everyones schedules together has always been an issue. It might be as simple as moving the tournaments from a Saturday to a Tuesday to see what that does for turnout. Actually I'd love to pick your brain on how an actual "league" is supposed to work. In the past we have done monthly tournaments but haven't truly had a league format. You being from the Chicago area, I'm sure you have seen more true leagues and how they should be ran.

#5779 8 years ago

I'll be sure to challenge you to a game or two next time I'm in.

1 week later
#5788 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Ours will be April 30 instead now at Game Galaxy in Antioch.

Yay! I can go now! I will be there. Shame about the Smyrna location.

2 weeks later
#5796 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Just found this topic, I'm up near Clarksville. Was heavy into the hobby until about 8 years ago when a move caused me to downsize to just a couple of pins. Back to a full basement (needs finished out) but have steadily increased pins in last few months. Looking forward to meeting more in the group.

Welcome! Whats the location pinball like in the Clarksville area? I used to live there myself but I was kinda out of the hobby at the time. I miss The Blackhorse something awful though from time to time.

#5798 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Not a single pin on location in Clarksville that I know of. On the other hand, the Blackhorse is pretty awesome. Next time you decide to head there think about saving some time to play my little collection.
Bobby

Rarely in that direction but I've toyed with the idea of making a run for a growler or two. If I do, I will take you up on your offer. Hope to see you out for Ghostbusters.

Exactly what time is the launch party anyway?

2 weeks later
#5804 7 years ago

Glanced at my IFPA ranking and noticed that I placed 3rd in the Ghostbusters Launch party and received .04 points. This is inaccurate. I actually placed 4th due to disqualifying myself by plunging out of turn. Joe Farnsworth placed 3rd and near as I can figure, got cheated out of .04 points. That could really boost his IFPA ranking Aaron! What are you doing?!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the release. Always a good time playing with other pinheads.

2 weeks later
#5813 7 years ago

Hobbit now resides at Game Galaxy Antioch for a $1.00 a play. Check it out if you've never played it.

#5815 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

We took out the post and tried to make it harder, but it might just be an easier pin for many....it's much better than I thought it would be but that screen is so distracting.

The thing is beautiful and they have really started to dive into what they can do with the LCD screens. Smaug on screen during locking the balls and multiball looks amazing.

If you're like me though and you always got annoyed when trolls would start during MM cause they were blocking your shots then this one is really gonna get to you...

#5817 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I never had a problem with the trolls in that game, I think that was the point of it, to "bother" with shots. Ghostbusters obviously does that as well...Hobbit seems a bit more tasteful with it....but the game is just way too easy for shots in general.

My number one "hate" in a pinball is lack of ramps and super tiny playfields where everything needs to be done (Wizard of Oz, Family Guy, Wrestlemania)

Eh I hate it when something obstructs a shot. IE trolls, Scoleri Brothers, or Mick Jagger. I get that's why it's there it just hits a nerve with me. You're right though on the Hobbit. It is easy to keep the ball in play. I have lost a number of balls though with the ball popping off the ramp rails and into the outlanes.

2 weeks later
#5822 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Someone please take down my GC on the Walking Dead at Fan Fest in Franklin. I need something bigger than G S

Nice Avatar pic btw.

Hope to see several of you in Atlanta this weekend for Southern Fried. Come find me and we will play some dollar games.

#5830 7 years ago

Southern Fried Expo was a blast. It remains one of the better shows in the region. Played a GhostBusters LE and some Rob Zombie. Tournament went well. I traveled to Atlanta to try my hand at playing some different players in a tournament format and ended up in the B finals with Aaron Williams anyway so I'd say we represented Nashville rather well. Luckily I was a higher seed than Aaron so every time he came over to ask me if we could play Tommy, I stuck him on Whirlwind which I think we can all agree is a far better game B final results for Atlanta David Taylor a great player from the Birmingham Al area took 1st. Aaron I whine and moan all the time cause I can't play Tommy Williams came in 2nd and I placed 3rd. Curtis next time I see you I have a translite for you.

2 weeks later
#5835 7 years ago

Middle Tennessee Selfie Tournament

Yeah we are going to try and do one of these.

I'm trying to get the monthly tournaments going again and I know one of the biggest issues was finding a way to get everyone together at one time. A solution to this problem is running a selfie tournament. If you're unfamiliar with what a selfie tournament is then I'll try to elaborate here. Basically for the entire month of July you are trying to qualify to get into the finals. If you go to https://matchplay.events/
then click on the I'm playing in a tournament button and then search for Middle Tennessee Selfie League, you will be able to view the tournament, the current players, and the current standings on all the games. The 5 games in the tournament are as follows:

1. Banzai Run
2. Fathom
3. Walking Dead
4. Game of Thrones
5. Star Trek

All these games are located at Game Galaxy in Antioch and where the tournament will be held. We will cycle locations from month to month but the 1st one is here. So any time you have in the month of July, roll into Game Galaxy and play one of these 5 games, take a picture of your end score(hence the name selfie), and email it to myself at [email protected]. I will record the score on the website and you will be able to view where you stand on each individual game vs everyone else. Top score on a game gets 100 points, second gets 90, third gets 85 etc...

The advantage to doing it this way is you can go to Game Galaxy and attempt to qualify anytime you want. You can try an unlimited number of times and play as many extra balls as you want.

At the end of the month the top 3, or top 4 if we get enough players, will go to the finals where we will play 4 of the 5 games. The finals will be done in person so I'll contact the top players personally and will work out a time for everyone to meet.

To make it interesting we will do a $5 buy in to post scores so at the door to Game Galaxy leave them $5 for the tournament and we will split 100% of the buy-ins on the finals. Just so we are clear you will only pay a max of 5$ to enter the tournament and post scores as many times as you want in the month of July.

If you are interested in participating or you have questions pm me or email me at [email protected]

#5837 7 years ago

Give you the whole month of July to qualify and we will do the finals early August. If this works out we can start registering them with the IFPA and start getting points off of them. On submitting pictures if you go to https://matchplay.events, once you are added as a player, you will be able to pick one of the arenas(games but the app calls them arenas) and submit a score there. The app should prompt you to take a picture(please do and include your face in the photo so I know who you are) then you can input your score.

All scores must be approved by me so once you take a photo and submit your score. If everything looks good, I will approve your score and it will be counted.

I've also set up the tournament where you can add yourself via the website so simply search for Middle Tennessee Selfie and you should find it. Sign up for an account(use the same email address as you have with ifpa to get your ifpa points) and you are ready to start!

1 week later
#5838 7 years ago

Matchplay software works very well. Put some scores up for the selfie tournament. Stop into Game Galaxy in Antioch and try to beat them! Again the games are Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Banzai Run, and Fathom.

6 months later
#5873 7 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Always fun to knock a few WCK scores off the games as well.

He never goes away fully though. There are a few games at Rivergate that now have these dreaded initials upon them. I've been absent from the pinside community for a while now but Aaron made mention of some posts about competitive play and it drew me back in. Chris is absolutely right though. We have absolutely no excuse with the number of location pinball that we have around this area, to not have more of an impact in the competition area/ifpa. You need a figurehead but really it's a communities responsibility as well. It's about doing something as simple as informing someone if a game isn't working properly. It's about getting events on the IFPA calendar as well and reporting the results in to draw in people to support the competitive play. It's about starting something small and stoking the fire so that eventually you grow the community and interest to where Tennessee has a presence. It's about chipping in tech wise and getting games selected and helping out the operator get them ready for a tournament/league night. I've really dropped the ball here in a number of places. I've had the perfect opportunity to improve my tech skills on working with repairing pinball machines(I have a broken Firepower II that has been sitting in my apartment for a very long time) that I have ignored and pushed aside for other interests. I helped Aaron run a few of the tournaments we used to have, but I stopped due to lack of participation in them. I got discouraged and rather than staying positive and trying new ideas, I let it fall by the wayside. I'd like to remedy this and to try to help get something really started in this area. It sounds like Jason is starting with the first step of getting tournaments back on the Calendar in March. I will try and help with anyway I possibly can. I will print up flyers for any pinball events on IFPA calendar and place them around Nashville. I will dedicate myself to learning more about basic maintenance of pinball machines. I will do my part to help in any endeavors going forward that will encourage competitive pinball.

There is a gentleman in the Nashville area who has a location with 20 pinball machines who has expressed interest in starting a pinball league and potentially a tournament in March as well. Leagues are extremely valuable for IFPA points and they are generally ran on a weekday night which will give people more options if weekends are no good for you. (Personally as a single father I have my daughter on weekends so it can be tough to get away for a tournament). It's all about having different options all over Nashville. Lets get something going!

#5880 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Where are all these Nashville events? I didn't know there was anything in the works that just happened. No posts. Nothing.

Dates for tournaments now submitted and posted on the Game Galaxy Arcade Facebook page. $7 cover for all day (discount) + $5 for entry. All of these are for IFPA points, etc. I will get photos of the winners after each tournament and submit everything myself.

There have been some events that have been ran not as IFPA events but just as fun get togethers at a private place of business. (Note: This is not an arcade but just a couple of pinheads who have 20+ games in their place of work that about once every two months has been opening up for special events. They have expressed interest on trying to get a pinball league going here in the Nashville area. We are working out the details right now. I don't believe these guys have pinside accounts so I don't think they are seeing this forum but I could be wrong.

We are now on the IFPA calendar registered to start the league. The league name is currently "Middle Tennessee Pinball League" but that is subject to change as we are trying to nail down what we want to call it. Here is what I do know.

It is going to be a 8 week league that meets every Wednesday night from 7PM till 9PM starting on March 15th. This means that the league nights will be March 15th, March 22nd, March 29th, April 5th, April 12th, April 19th, April 26th, and May 3rd. We are working out the scoring system as of right now, but I tell you that you will be able to drop your two lowest weeks so it will be a cumulative total of your 6 best weeks. (This also means you can miss two weeks without penalty so you don't have to worry if you don't make it every week.)

There will be a small 1 time buy in(like 5$ but will let you know) but that is only once for all 8 weeks that will go into the prize pool to be split up between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

This location is BYOB so you can bring an alcoholic beverage or two of your choice just don't go nuts.

The league is ran on weekdays so this will be a nice complement to the tournaments that Jason will be running at the end of each month in March. This also gives people, who can't do the weekends for whatever reason, something to do during the week for competitive pinball. During each week we will make announcements to the league group about what's going on in the area in terms of pinball (new games on location, location spots, other tournaments in the area, etc.) so the Game Galaxy tournaments will be greatly hyped as well.

More details to come as I get them.

#5881 7 years ago

It should also be worth noting that with the league, Jason's tournaments, Gameroom expo tournament, and not even counting any one off events that are done around State, we should have no issues having a Tennessee state champion next year!

1 week later
#5896 7 years ago

In terms of the launch party what he is telling you to do is to have everyone play 2 games and add the scores together where the top 8 go on to the finals.

From the top 8 you divide them up into two groups of 4 based on their seeding from the first two games added and each group will play 3 different games on Aerosmith. After each game 1st place gets 4 points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point, and 4th gets 0. After the 3 games are done you add up the points and the top 2 finishers will face off against the top 2 finishers in the other category for one final 3 game round on Aerosmith again using the same score system. At the end 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be crowned.

This means that each player has the potential of playing 8 games of Aerosmith (2 qualifying scores added together, 3 finals games in round 1, and 3 more finals games in the championship round)

#5897 7 years ago

In terms of the monthly tournaments, may I suggest a strikes tournament matchplay. I have software that will help you do this but basically you randomize all players into groups of 4 on a random game from a number of games of your choice. They then play a 4 player game and the bottom 2 players will take a strike where the top 2 players are safe for that round. Then after all games are done you will randomize games and players again. Three or Four strikes and you're out and last man standing wins.

You of course can run things as you want, but I've played a few of these and they are tons of fun and you meet lots of new people. Very social.

#5899 7 years ago

Also in competitive pinball news, I'm taking the girlfriend to Memphis to meet my Aunt, and look what happens to be going on in the Memphis area. It starts at 2PM and is at a brewery in Memphis TN. Several of the Memphis guys have made the trip up to our area for tournaments so make it down if you can. I'll plug the Aerosmith launch party and March tournament while I'm there.

image1(1) (resized).JPGimage1(1) (resized).JPG

#5901 7 years ago

As promised more info on the upcoming Nashville Pinball League. First night will be March 15th at 7:PM and we will run till 9:PM every Wednesday for 8 weeks. We will take the best of 6 weeks out of the 8, so if you have some bad nights or have to miss a few no big deal. Each Wednesday you will play 4 different games and you will play 3 rounds on each game so each night you will play 12 games of pinball. These will be 4 player games and the scoring will be the following

1st place: 4 points
2nd place 3 points
3rd place 2 points
4th place 1 point

This means that you are guaranteed 12 points for showing up each week (12 last place finishes) or a max of 48 points (12x4)

First Wednesday will be random 4 player groups but after that we will most likely seed groups based on last weeks performance, giving novice players a chance as well.

Buy In is $10 for all 8 weeks and there will be payouts for the top 3 placed finishes. The event will be hosted by Raven Tools and we will are looking into getting T-shirts made with the logo on the flyer. I'm looking to hang the flyers around the Nashville area where I know there is location pinball.

Also there will be pinball announcements for anything going on in the Nashville area. For the first night I have the following.

Aerosmith Launch Party March 17th 7:PM at Game Galaxy Antioch
Tournament March 25th at 6:PM at Game Galaxy Antioch
New Barcade open in Murfreesboro on the square

If you want me to add anything then let me know.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).png

#5906 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Will. How goes it? Matchplay.events might be what you're talking about. I've run tourneys with it and played in other tourneys run with it. Very well designed and you can run almost any format you can think of on it. I highly recommend it.

https://matchplay.events/

Good call Chris. Matchplay.events was what I was referring to. We have ran it for a strikes tournament here and tried it with a selfie tournament as well. I'm impressed with it.

1 month later
#5909 7 years ago

Just a heads up, if you haven't attended a Nashville League Night at Raven Tools on Wednesday you're missing out on some good times and some good pinball. Also hoping to see some of you guys out Saturday night at Game Galaxy Antioch location at 6PM for the starting back of the monthly tournaments.

On a side note, found this post 4 years ago on this forum regarding the chances of a Family Guy making it to a Game Galaxy location in the Nashville area. Just a shame that it will never happen

Quoted from DreamTR:

Definitely won't be happening. $4000 for a pinball that I don't like to make $10 a week. LOL.

The way I go about pinballs is I get ones I want to play and ones I like and ones that are good. If it's a combination that doesn't work I won't acquire them. I'm interested in a few certain ones to play them but Family Guy is not one of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 70.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wckrusa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=wckrusa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.