tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider svengo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 12 years ago

New member and first post here.

I browse this forum occasionally and thought it was kinda interesting to see a few postings about my last visit to Game Galaxy.

Quoted from Storyteller:

I asked a gentleman that played Dr. Who right before you if he had issues with the pin when he was playing it, he said he lost 1 quarter, but it played fine and that was it. I said "Anything weird with the mini-playfield or flippers popping by themselves?" and he looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

That was actually me and yes aside from the the quarter not registering (which he was more than happy to make good for me) I didn't see any other issues with it.

I've been to the arcade tons of times over the years and to the museum for the all you can play for $10 several times. Richard (didn't know that was your name but now that I do I'll make sure and say hi next time) has been totally cool and helpful every time I've been there.
I'm always super stoked that there is a place in Nashville to play some awesome pins and classic arcade machines because that's a pretty rare thing to find now-days.

I would imagine that I'm right in guessing that this is something that the owner is doing mostly for the love of it and not just for a profit (I'm guessing not much money is made from it if any at all).

Here's hoping that you guys stick around in the mall or anywhere else in Nashville for that matter for a long time to come!!!

#218 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Svengo are you the one with gray facial hair? I only saw one other person playing pinball while I was there. I saw him playing Guns n Roses.

Probably was me (I suppose it might look gray in the dim light of the arcade) I usually play GnR at least once when I'm there.

1 week later
#253 12 years ago

Awesome!! No Fear and Earthshaker added.

I'll definitely come and play a bit this weekend.

EDIT: (Probably on Saturday though since Sundays are a bit busy for me but I will try to make it then)

#276 12 years ago

Was able to come in and play for quite a while on Saturday and a bit on Sunday as well. It was nice to see the place pretty busy on Sunday as most of the time I'm there it's just me playing pins.

I hadn't played No Fear prior to this weekend and I gotta say I really liked it but I don't know if a game like that could be a long term player for me. The lack of pop bumpers is a bit odd but understandable given that I guess it was designed as a "super flow" game.

I'm glad Freddy was brought into the arcade as I kinda like it even though the theme does nothing for me. I would guess that it's the type of game where liking the theme counts a ton.

1 week later
#288 12 years ago

For some reason I always end up up playing MNF a few times when I'm there. Strange since I like football ok but not enough that the theme itself should really grab me.

When I first saw MNF it looked it would be pretty boring and thought I would try it once but the more I played it the more I like it. Maybe it is that field goal/extra point shot that really makes it fun (but it sure seems to lead to a lot of balls grabbing quite a bit of air and smacking the glass).

#303 12 years ago

Looking forward to playing Radical, never played that one before. Will be there this weekend.

Also working AC in the Museum will be great, looking forward to it!!

#308 12 years ago

Stopped in GG this afternoon and Radical was there and set up. I gotta say I found it a pretty fun pin. I liked a lot of the shots in the game but mostly it was the fun 80's skateboard theme that really did it for me.

Once again it's just simply awesome to have some great pins and classic video games to play so close by. Looking forward to the museum next weekend!

1 week later
#361 12 years ago

Anyone else make it to the museum this past Saturday?

I have to say I think it was the best one yet. The pins were fun of course but this time I would guess that I spent as much time playing the video games. I know this is a pin site but Jason has some of the nicest examples of some lesser seen games. That triple-screen Darius for example is one the nicest ones I've seen in a long time.

1 week later
#403 12 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Did Bride of Pinbot get moved into the museum?

When I was in there last weekend BOP was fixed and moved back into the arcade and Earthshaker was moved into the museum.

#422 12 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

FYI Nashville pinheads: just added Big Buck Hunter (Stern 2010) to downtown. Wild Horse Saloon, see you there! I love visiting downtown Music City, any other downtown locations?

Sounds like a perfect theme for that location even though I really don't care for it personally. There's one in the small arcade in the Opryland hotel as well (in addition to a WPT which I do like) and I've played it quite a few times but never could get into it.

#430 12 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Has anyone been to Dave & Busters since they've reopened? They had a Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball 2k there before the flood. I'm sure it was destroyed if it was still there during the flood.
Did they add any new pins since they reopened?

I went in to take a quick look around right after they re-opened and didn't see a single pin in there. Who knows maybe they added one recently?

#472 12 years ago

I had a great time too. I'd never played in a tournament before so it was pretty cool. I think that the turnout was good enough that I'm guessing this will happen again.

#475 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Great meeting you guys too! Svengo were you the guy I was talking to from Buffalo NY? If so it was great meeting you

I was the guy with glasses, beard and hooded sweatshirt and was in the group with crash and the eventual tournament winner

1 week later
#550 11 years ago

Had a great time at the museum hadn't played a DE Batman before. Was it the one listed on CL recently?

Played CFTBL in the arcade as well and it was the first time I'd played one of those as well, I can see why it rates highly it's a really fun pin.

#554 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Btw there's some place not far from my house sort of like Gamestop but they also sell vintage games. I think it's called "The Score." Seems like it's been around a year or two now so there must be some money in that stuff!

I've been in there a few times and most of their stuff (with a few exceptions)was way overpriced. I think they primarily make their money hosting video game themed birthday parties and madden tournaments.

#579 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Who the hell keeps posting that Medieval Madness on CL for $2850? It's already been flagged twice.

That same ad is showing up on various cities' CL lately. It's obviously a scam.

2 weeks later
#651 11 years ago

I'd love to see The Shadow and Demolition Man there!!!

1 week later
#685 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good news: pinball is alive and, er, somewhat functional at the Opry Hotel.

I've Played both of those machines in the hotel quite a few times, mostly the WPT.
I didn't really care for Buck Hunter before I played it there and it didn't help that that particular machine has a few issues. The WPT on the other hand has a small issue or two but I still stop by and play it every so often because it's a game that just seemed to "click" with me.

#687 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The right flipper on the WPT mini-playfield was dead, so not much fun

That stinks who knows when that'll be fixed it's the only WPT I know of in the area.

#710 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Ha. I surf from the phone mostly. I'll be sure to update next time I'm on a big computer. That CEC used to have a roller coaster tycoon. As of last week, gone.

Hope it went to a good home instead of being destroyed like CEC has been known to do in the past.

#729 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Monday Night Football wasn't in there? I thought Jason moved it to make room for Creature. Added to the map.

It was in there just kinda pushed out of the way and not set up to play. I'm guessing either not enough time to set it up properly or probably just a space issue. It's gotten pretty crowded in there with 9 pins and all the classic games. Some pretty great new classic arcade were up and running this time including one I'd been wanting to play for a while; Mad Planets. That game is pretty awesome, I'm gonna have to pick up one some day.

#830 11 years ago

Man I hope you can work out a location in the greater Nashville area. Most of the space I'm aware of around here with at least that square footage and decent foot traffic is certainly going for a good bit more than that. I''l certainly keep my eye on the commercial properties' lease listings in the area and whatever I might come across.

I really don't want to think about the possibility of no local access to that may pins and classic arcade machines.

1 week later
#945 11 years ago

I'm gonna try to come Saturday and whatever games get picked for the informal tourney are fine with me. Might as well make my last time in that mall for the foreseeable future a fun game playing one.

I saw that article earlier about the possibility of that location for the World Market and other retailers. I think that could work out great. I sure hope it happens.

#956 11 years ago

That's great news!!! Glad it looks like it's working out.

#998 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I'm not going to have every single game LEDed....it's hard to see what is going on with all those lights in my opinion but they save on electricity and won't burn my connectors up.

Kinda glad to hear it I know quite a lot of people like LEDs on everything but I generally like the overall look incandescent bulbs give a play-field a bit better.

1 week later
#1099 11 years ago

Anybody been following the thread on the rebalancing of the rules/adding features on Star Wars. Looks like it would be a great upgrade when you get it all back together. Looks like he added quite a bit.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-data-east-star-wars-pinball-with-added-timed-ball-save-feature

1 month later
#1338 11 years ago

Dang!! just saw that CL ad I know I'm way too late on that. I usually scan it pretty regularly during the day but I was too busy at work today. a nice D&D machine would be cool though.

#1343 11 years ago

Looks like it was posted around noon.

Posted on CL at noon on a Friday, yeah they're probably spoken for.

2 weeks later
#1486 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice pin lineup! Itching to play some Bone Busters. Never seen a working one

I definitely played that one today more than any other machine there. I'm usually drawn to games with really quirky themes and that game sure has that going for it. Like pretty much all the Gottliebs of that era that I've played it certainly has a very different feel to it than other brands but I really liked it a bunch.

#1543 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Special game in tonight, surprise for those of you that attend = )

Crap I wish I could be there tonight. I bet I know what game it is and I've really wanted to play one.

#1548 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Monster Bash, Bugs Bunny, new gnr. Change the name to High End Game Galaxy.

How does that Bugs Bunny play? I like the theme but I've never played one and most seem to give it kinda negative ratings.

#1561 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Hey, look what I found in my favorite bar in Chicago!

I've wanted to play one of those for a while but haven't run across one yet.

#1581 11 years ago

Anyone going to GG tomorrow?

I'll probably be there since Saturdays are generally the best day for me. I'd like to come to the Tuesday night league but that's a pretty tough night for me to get free.

#1592 11 years ago
Quoted from cmorgannorris:

Alright guys, I've got two prospects for my first pin.
One is Space Shuttle priced at $795 with a decent amount of play-field wear. Also missing the top left astronaut. I personally thought it was fun and affordable even though I'm sure it isn't a top ranked pin.
My other prospect is Pin-Bot. It is in good condition and priced at $1395. This one I really fell in love with but I think it might be priced a little high. Prices are non-negotiable so I feel a bit against the wall.
Not looking for anyone to hold my hand but I really respect the community's opinion and any time you could spare for some input would be appreciated. I hope I've given enough info to form a decent opinion. I'm new to this so I am not 100% knowledgable of what questions to even ask. Thanks for the help.

I've never been to look at any of those specific pins but I'm guessing you're dealing with a local guy that regularly posts his for sale list on CL. I recognize those prices for those pins from that list and I think those two in particular have been for sale for quite a while. I think several people on this board have dealt with him in the past and maybe have even seen those exact pins and probably have some insight.

#1609 11 years ago

Glad to see all the people there at GG today. There were quite a few there for the fighting game tournament but there seemed to a good number of people there just for pinball. Several more guys showed up after Erik left that were obviously there for pins.

Somebody really needs to buy that Bugs Bunny off of Jason so he doesn't have to keep asking everybody. I did play one game on it (that never seemed to want to end) and while I certainly don't think it's as bad as some might think it's not going to win any pinball machine awards either. I do like the theme and the art and sound package is good but it would have to be pretty cheap for me to pick one up.

1 week later
#1730 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

New project.. We're gonna need a bigger clamp!!

I really like that series of roller coaster themed pins. I think a lineup of Comet, Cyclone and Hurricane would be awesome!!!

#1773 11 years ago

Played for a while at GG today and first time I've played Elvira since it was shopped and plays great.
Hurricane was setup and I think it's a really fun game as well as simply looking awesome.

It just rocks to have such a great lineup of pins to play close by.

#1847 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Rob starts working on the 18th at Amazon, so that means I will start getting money for Radical and Bone Busters and get rid of those as well =) YES!

I'll be a bit sorry to see the Bone Busters go but I really like Radical that game is fun.

#1852 11 years ago

Never grew up with EMs either (or pinball in general) but I played a Card Whiz a while back and it was fun. A simple but pretty brilliant layout that I had fun with. I wouldn't mind owning one.

1 week later
#2000 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Williams: I have since sold that Zelda prototype....sold a lot of "protos" but kept my complete collections of systems. I still collect but a lot of my time has been moved over to pinball.

I knew you had quite a bit console-wise. I've gotten rid of all of my more rare/expensive/lesser known systems quite awhile back since I just didn't spend as much time with them anymore. I still kept all my favorites though.

#2005 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I must not have really seen that area then, I didn't get past the downtown area near the train station. The worst I saw were a few night clubs.

That's not East Nashville. You've got to go on the other side of the river for that.

An area has got to be really super scketchy to even make me think twice about going though. I guess that's because I've lived in and been around some pretty crappy parts of town in years past. If I have to go back to one of those areas nowdays at night I generally make sure I'm not alone and out of there by midnight.
That's just me though and I don't expect others to feel the same, if it makes you uncomfortable then don't go.

#2007 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Murfreesboro is beautiful this time of year... Just saying.

I'd be ok with Murfreesboro since I'm there fairly often anyway (tons of relatives in and around the town). The main issue I would see would be that you've got a good bit of competition there mostly on the videogame side (I saw there's a new one right off campus that caters to pretty much fighting game tournaments only).
Pinball by itself might do ok in a college town like that since it seems to have gone into the retro-cool category nowadays but this is still no Seattle/Portland where pinball has exploded again.

#2047 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Alright. Who is this Chris guy that keeps posting on Craigslist for games that are ridiculously overpriced?
Even for retail - which this person is NOT. His prices are absolutely insane. He has a Hurricane currently listed at well over $1000 what it's worth at retail. I have a restored Galaga, and it's nowhere near worth $1750.
And I don't know where he gets off thinking it costs $200 to LED a machine. BOTH of my machines cost around $100 to mod. I'm all for capitalism and such, but his prices are borderline extortion.

I'm guessing he's just trying for the first time pin buyer crowd with plenty of money to blow who haven't taken any time to do much actual research. I don't currently own a pin and as soon as I get some extra room and money I'm certainly going to but I'd have to be alot richer and dumber to pay his prices.

#2066 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Taxi is heading back to Game Galaxy. Jason is buying it back.

Looking forward to playing it I love that game!!

#2137 11 years ago

I vote Sunday since weekdays are tough for me.

League on the weekends or not I'll still come Saturday or Sunday to play some pinball so it's all good.

#2182 11 years ago

That's funny that game is the newest video on pinball.org it was used in the last Pinburgh B division finals. The commentary on it is pretty hilarious. It mostly consists of "Hey how do you score well on it? Why you shoot the holes of course. Anything else worthwhile to shoot on it? Sure, you shoot the holes."

1 month later
#2530 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I feel like we're the only ones left who actually read this thread, lol.

I think plenty of people read it they're probably like me and just don't comment as much (I sit in front of a computer all day for work so I usually browse the board during the day).

Quoted from DreamTR:

I mean the bottom line is I know I'm kind of aloof sometimes, but I'm a very nice guy who is just straightforward and to the point, I don't sugarcoat things. If that is what it takes, I'm not the guy for that. My stuff speaks for itself, but that thread and the comments from it? Wow.
I see people sell things at silly prices and not say a word, but tell someone Flintstones is worth $1700-1800 and two DIFFERENT people on two DIFFERENT forums have it for sale for that and they are both still sitting and I am getting reamed I don't know what to think.

I wouldn't take any of that personally. I think we here locally know what a nice guy you are and appreciate all you do for the arcade/Pin community.

I've been really into pinball for only the past year and half or so and in that time I've noticed that quite a few people in the hobby seem to get really defensive about pin pricing. If you throw a number out there for a pin and a few people who happen to own that particular machine see the price and think it's too low they start overreacting. It almost seems like they think it's the equivilant of you threatening to put a landfill next to their property and devaluing their home.

2 months later
#3006 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Jason has a Harlem Globetrotters that needs work for $380

I was in there today and saw that one and it's kinda right up my alley. It didn't look bad at all I wonder what other issues it has other than the obvious missing displays?

#3019 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

My Harlem Globetrotters is up for $380 if anyone wants it. Not working but very nice playfield

Yeah I took a quick look at it when I was there Saturday and and it's one I'm interested in. Does it look like there are are more issues than just the missing displays?

#3021 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The sound board is missing and the MPU board has corrosion damage.

Hmm, with the displays, soundboard, and mpu maybe $300 or more to get it right. just a guess as I've got some pinball playing experience but no pinball repair experience .

#3026 11 years ago

Hmmm you guys make this sound more attractive all the time. lol

I do agree that the cosmetics are nice and I really like the theme and the simple straightforward game-play of this era of games. I've held off getting a pin for a while since my space is at a premium but I'd sure like one.

2 weeks later
#3083 11 years ago

Played Tron a bit with the new code and it seems like a lot was added. It'll take me a while to figure out even half of the new stuff. At first glance it seems a bit easier to progress through the game and there are quite a few interesting combos. Overall it makes a great game even better.

Took a quick look at that Close Encounters game and it does look nice for its age and I like the theme and the art but I wonder how much of a headache those early Gottlieb solid state machines are to fix and keep running?

#3097 11 years ago

Decided to pick up that Close Encounters machine from Jason since I was off work today. I don't think it should be too bad of a project (but what do I know I haven't owned a machine before lol).

The cosmetics are good especially for a machine from 1978 and the boards look pretty good at first glance. I was able to grab one of those Pascal all-in-one boards from a guy for a good price but I'm going to see I can get the factory stuff going first.

One of the score display windows has a bit of the blue ink rubbed off and from what I've read this is pretty common but it looks like you can order some matching blue film to put in its place.

Pinrepair.com has some really detailed guides for these machines so I'm going to see how far I can get on this one.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm

2 weeks later
#3208 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

You know how annoying those posts are where people bitch about prices? Yea, so here's one.
Ebay link
It's for a GnR topper. Crazy.

Who pays over $400 for a topper!!!??? (well obviously someone but jeeeeeez!!!!)

#3217 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

For you league players, as of right now Will McKinney has made the cutoff for the finals at the Louisville Expo. Some pretty prominent names up there. Best of luck Will!

Noticed that Will ended up tied for 13th. That's pretty impressive especially considering the caliber of the competition and how many entrants there were.

1 week later
#3257 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Everyone loves SF2, it's the trolliest game in the arcade and if you play SF2 you get a real big kick out of it.

I actually kinda enjoyed it. Not in the same way as I like most of the Bally/Williams games or the the Gottlieb sys 1 and sys 80 games I guess "trolliest" might be appropriate.

I'd played a Judge Dredd once previously but I forgot just how fun a game that is. I keep waiting for it to put out a callout like "Jaywalking, Death Sentence" lol.

1 month later
#3426 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

And we should be getting Metallica at the end of May.

Sweet, which version did you end up with?

I'm usually pretty "meh" on music themed pins but this has has me interested.

#3457 11 years ago

Thanks for bringing Demo man in Jason. I hadn't had a chance to play one until now and I gotta say it's a pretty awesome game. Using those triggers is pretty cool and it sure makes nudging a wide-body pin a lot easier.

1 week later
#3529 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I have to say I have never ever seen such high school behavior on a message board until I started posting here (not the Nashville thread).

In some cases I've seen on here you give 'em too much credit, maybe jr. High behavior. lol

I'll admit I browse a lot of the for sale threads on here just for their pure amusement factor.

#3582 10 years ago

Sucks about much of the stuff at GG being down because of the remodel going on but Richard was nice enough to get Stargate plugged up for me.I hadn't played one for a long time and I forgot how much I liked that pin. I'm definitely picking up one of those someday.

3 months later
#4017 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

By the way nice acquisition Jason. A holy grail of Japanese gaming culture!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Holy Crap!! Why aren't I already there playing that?
I never expected to be able to play one of those. Hopefully I have free time this Saturday afternoon.

I wouldn't even want to guess shipping costs on that. lol

#4027 10 years ago

I think yesterday was the first time at GG in a long time that I played Vid games more than pinball. That Darius is just freakin' awesome! Anyone that can plow through that game solo on the hardest difficulty setting without continuing is just not human LOL.

That Whodunnit is indeed a very fun game although the slot machine reels don't seem to work but I hear that's pretty common on that game.

4 weeks later
#4098 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

(Darius and Darius Burst are being sold)

NO!!!!!!

Oh well I knew someone couldn't resist that Darius Burst. Heck if I had the room for that thing I'd buy it. I think I could spend years trying master that one. I love me some shoot-em-ups.

1 week later
#4135 10 years ago

I gotta say, the new Stern Star Trek is one of the most fun pins I've played in a while. I'm glad it ended up in the tournament.

1 month later
#4311 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The nicest Monopoly I have ever seen that was HUO just showed up at the arcade today; we had to place it in storage for now until we can make room for some stuff.....but we'll be keeping it at the arcade and is beyond gorgeous.

I really liked that game the few times I've played it, looking forward to it showing up at the arcade.

1 month later
#4490 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Oh, and Space Jam is here now. ROFL.

You should make a package deal with that and Dale jr. lol

1 week later
#4558 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Was just looking around the net on the pinball machine/coffee table projects. Feel like getting pissed off tonight? I know we've all seen the machines getting pushed off the roof/Star Wars converted to Pac Man/etc. I hadn't seen this one yet.
http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Pinball-coffee-table/?ALLSTEPS

That's a bit sad.

I have a even greater appreciation for that pin since Jason got one in. I'd never played one before and I'll say that's one frustratingly fun machine.

#4563 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Spider-Man won't be ready for awhile. Scared Stiff is already on the floor. There is a reason why that door to Spider-Man was locked and there was no key. I'll just leave it at that.

Hmmmm, I'll guess a dead body, someone's stash or a large bag of apples. What do I win?

1 month later
#4674 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Godzilla is now on the floor.
Beat The Clock should be back and fully functional on Tuesday evening. It is a timed game, so keep that in mind for tournaments and is very hard to find (same as Godzilla, 500 made). Thanks to mystic for figuring out the nest of wiring.
Sorcerer with clearcoat and LEDs should be there Weds.
Shadow should be leaving that same day therefore my house will be the only one with Shadow and Star Trek again....

That's awesome!!

I think Godzilla is a pretty fun game and I'm glad Beat the Clock is back and working it looks like an interesting game.

3 weeks later
#4721 10 years ago

I played WOZ several times Saturday just to see if my first impressions of playing it at a place I visited a while back would change. Honestly after several games I felt the same way as the first time I played it, kinda meh... I guess you'd say just indifferent to it.

I tried to think of exactly why it didn't pull me in and make me want to play it more? Is it the theme, the fact that it's a slower playing widebody than say something else like say the new Star Trek, the fact that the middle of the playfield is a bit dark even with all those blinking leds? I decided it was none of those reasons since I like all types of themes and the pace of gameplay is fine with me and the lighting isn't really that bad in the middle. I finally decided that, (and remember this is just my opinion), the game just has a bit of an identity crisis. Is it supposed to be for the person who's never played pinball before, the casual player, the "serious" pinhead who likes deep games? I wonder if they just tried to make a game that is all things to all prospective pinball players and doesn't totally succeed totally at any one of those goals?(like many consumer items that try to be everything to everyone)

Just my 2 cents and who knows maybe I'm totally wrong and if I play it a hundred more times (not likely at $1.00 a pop lol) I'll love it.

#4727 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Since this GroupOn promotion took a place everyone seems happy but most of the negativity is from us not bring Chuck E. Cheese. No really.

Not being Chuck E. Cheese is about the biggest positive for GG there is

1 week later
#4761 10 years ago

I don't think I'd made the finals before but as long as I did I might as well win it

Thanks guys I had fun.

2 weeks later
#4796 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Not in the Dave's spot but we are going to be across from our old spot in the mall.

Years ago I had an extra job there in Goodlettsville and it gave me a nice distaste for driving I65 north from south Nashville. Well now at least I'll have a reason to go north of town.

1 week later
#4817 9 years ago

I may go down and take a look this evening since it's basically down the street from me. Looks like people can bring stuff from 12-9pm today and in the morning starting at 8

#4819 9 years ago

So I stopped by for a quick look and hopefully there will be more that show up afterwards through 9 this evening and probably in the morning.
There were 11 pins as of about 6:30 and I believe all of them belonged to the guy putting it on (Chris?)
I think all of his have the potential to be buybacks if he doesn't get close to what he wants for 'em

I'm no expert (and I don't look for pristine CQ stuff) but here's my take on what I saw after a 15 min. look around:

Fireball II - seemed to be in decent shape with minimal wear but looked to have some board and possibly display issues (displays could have been fine and possibly just outputting the garbage from the boards)

Monopoly - overall seemed to pretty decent and working ok

Stellar Wars - I thought it was good for its age and seemed to work fine

Corvette - looked really nice to me and seemed to play and function well (I've never played one before)

Stern Magic - thought it looked decent for its age and the playfield had very little wear at all and just a bit of backglass flaking and it seemed to play ok

GNR - seemed pretty nice to me but didn't get to play it but what I saw of it it seemed good

Lethal Weapon - seemed really nice to me and a fun game

Xenon - decent and seemed to play ok but had a good bit of playfield wear like most other Xenons I've seen

Checkpoint - pretty decent and playfield looked good overall and the DMD seemed to work ok (which is good since I'm guessing those small DMDs are hard to come by)

Roadshow - probably one the nicest ones I've seen and with chrome rails and lock down bar

Rescue 911 - played decent and even the helicopter that picks up the balls worked well but a good bit of playfield wear in some spots

There were quite a few arcade machines there and while I didn't really look them over nothing really stood out to me. If anyone is interested I did see a few EM arcade shooting games as well as some jukeboxes and touch screen games. As i was leaving someone was unloading a jukebox and some racing games too.

#4821 9 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Thanks for the report! Is the buyback $10, it doesn't state specifically on the website.

I think that's right I believe I heard someone say $10 when I was there.

#4826 9 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Well I ended up staying in Memphis and running a cat to the vet. $$$
Hope there are some good deals up there for you guys. I'd have probably brought home the em shooters if they end up going cheap. If anybody sees Mike Chestnut please tell him I'm sorry I couldn't make it(I asked him to bring a DH gun for me to buy).

I know nothing about the EM shooters but they went cheap ~ $40-100

Looked like only 4 of the pins were Buybacks and they were the ones I expected to be BBs. I was a little surprised that the rest weren't BBs too. I came close to buying the LW3 at the end as it was nice for the money it went for but when I factored in the 10% premium and 9.25% tax I passed:

Firepower 2 - 390 (no MPU)

Monopoly - 1600 (BB)

Stellar Wars - 360

Corvette - 2500 (BB)

Magic - 300

GNR - 3400

LW3 - 1150

Xenon - 1050

Checkpoint - 825 (BB)

Roadshow - 2500 (BB)

Rescue 911 - 800

#4850 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

It's upstairs next to the pool.

Way to go Jason and ruin it.
I didn't want to have to share the pool with anyone else

1 month later
#4911 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just photos of the machine will be plenty, thanks.

"ba-dum-bum-CHING"

Thanks folks he'll be here all week with shows at 8 9 and 10pm.

3 weeks later
#4942 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I've never seen the Congo movie, though I own it on laserdisc.
What would you guys think of a tournament where I give away a pinball machine as part of a league? I would think 8 weeks or something....

If that doesn't get people to show up then nothing will unless the pin is Bugs Bunny

3 years later
#5917 6 years ago

Judging by the fact that the last post here was 11 months ago It looks like this thread is not exactly the hot place for Nashville area pinball fans right now In case anybody is still monitoring it I'll go ahead and post.

Some may remember me when I used to come to the Antioch Game Galaxy tournaments fairly regularly quite some time ago (if any of the guys who used to come then are still around). I'm still around but I'm moving at the end of the month (just moving locally) and I've been trying to purge quite a bit of the stuff I own and I've decided not to take the machine you see in my profile with me. I've also decided that as long as someone locally can pick it up before the end of this week (preferably within the next few days) they can have it free otherwise it goes in storage for a while. Also if whoever gets it is interested I have new in box the Pascal PI-1x4 all-in-one board for Gottlieb sys 1s that I originally bought for the machine (they are super nice) and while I'm obviously not giving it away too (Pascal currently sells them for about $330.00 depending on the Euro to dollar conversion at any one time) I can work out a good deal for it otherwise I'll keep it.

The last time I powered up the machine it wasn't working but overall I think it's good cosmetically with the usual cabinet scuffs and couple of initials in one side of the head and an overall good backglass and playfield.

PM for details

EDIT:
I've had a few PMs already and one commitment to take it so as of now it's spoken for but if that changes I'll update this post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider svengo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=svengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.