tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2043 11 years ago

Hey guys just joined up and Crash sent me this way. I'm Matt from up in Bowling Green Ky. I've been a long time lurker and I currently do not own a pin. I am however currently building a virtual pin. I am going to get a real pin as soon as its done to sit next to it. Hopefully by x-mas. Anyways good to see some locals!

#2055 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Hey Matt! Let's see some pics of the virtual. Welcome.

Thanks for posting that vid Crash.

That is about all there is to see right now, but i'm about to start building the cab. I've got 37 lbs of cab parts on the way from pinball life lol! I have a set of Williams Widebody cab plans to go by. I will be narrowing the main cab to a standard body though. It will have a 39 inch led tv as the playfield, 27 inch for the backglass, and a 15.5 for the dmd screen. It will also have rom controlled solenoids for the "click clack" flipper and bumper sounds, 10 RGB led flashers, replay knocker, working coin door, and gear motor.

#2058 11 years ago

I'll keep them coming if there's interest. I realize this is not the virtual forum so I wont go crazy with updates here. I realize it will never replace a real one, but my situation is limited space so I can have 1 virtual machine, 2 to 4 real pins ( more like 2), and my MAME cab which is complete other than art.

Do one of you guys run Jon's Pinball Garage on Nashville cl?

#2059 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What are the details on your solenoids/gear motor? Are they actually relays or real solenoids? What interface will you use to drive them?

Well I guess I should have said contacts instead of solenoids and for the gear motor guys are using a VW wiper motor.

For contacts most your using these

ebay.com link: itm

There 24 volt coils and make a pretty good click when there mounted in the cab. I will have 7 or 8 total. Flippers x2, Slingshots x2, pop bumpers x3, and maybe another.

Wiper motor.
ebay.com link: itm

It will activate when say for instance rudy's mouth moves and the draw bridge on MM moves.

To drive all of that i'll be using a ledwiz
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=239

The only issue with it is it only can do up to 500ma on the outputs. Obviously i'll be going over that especially with the high power Cree RGB leds. Luckily a guy over a vpforums made a relay board using optocouplers to isolate the ledwiz from the feedback devices. I have two of his boards and there good for 6 amps per output.

Heres a good demo of VP force feedback. Mine will be setup pretty much the same

#2063 11 years ago

I've been wanting to come to Game Galaxy for awhile, but I've had a crazy work schedule lately. In fact I haven't had a day off since labor day. Anyways I'll get down there soon. I would like to play some real pins more to get an idea of one I might want to purchase and get some insight from you guys on a good one.

#2105 11 years ago

Nice pickup diskoboy!

Virtual Update:
I have a pile of parts at the house that came in this week. I ended up making two pinball life orders because I forgot to get buttons and clear flasher caps for the LEDs. Duh! I fired up the CREE rgb LEDs one color at a time tonight and damn there bright!!! I saw spots for a few seconds!! I went with a red Bally launch ball button, green stern start, orange extra ball, and a data east red push button for exit. I'm still undecided on a plunger. To have a true analog plunger you have to get a nanotech and there about $120 so I might add that later. Plus modify the tables if support is not built in. I got the real deal Bally leaf switches and clear buttons for the flippers. I'm going to build a little led board like cointakers to light them. I hope to start ripping plywood tomorrow and hopefully I'll have the cab sitting on its legs by Sunday! I've got a member of the hyperspin forums cnc routing a Williams speaker panel out and it should be here by the end of the week.

#2150 11 years ago

I wish somebody would lol! I'm into Seadoos and those wheels show up when you search for them also.

#2155 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I just owned Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade. Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock. I NEED to play more of this at GG!

Man you did! I can't stop playing TOM on there. The other night I was 1 illusion away from the Grand Finale!

#2201 11 years ago

Any of you guys seen the HUO Demo Man on the Louisville Ky CL for $1500 obo. Seems like a pretty good deal if it is in good shape. Would be right up my alley if I wasn't in the middle of this virtual build.

louisville.craigslist.org link

#2206 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

500 units? LOL.

Yeah even I knew better than that lol

#2237 11 years ago

Anybody need a brand new Williams Standard body cab?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2259 11 years ago

The $1500 wheels for sale or trade on Craigslist finally sold. Thank god!!!

I had the opportunity to meet, visit, and of course play some pinball at Pintucky's house Sunday. Mike has a awesome collection!

#2302 11 years ago

Starting to look like something. I need to order the playfield glass guides and route the channel for them. Then mount the pc, contacts, boards, etc... After that I get to tear it all down to prep and paint.
Those boards are resistor banks for the flashers. A member at the hyperspin forum had the bare boards made and I had to solder in all the components. Three hours and 140 solder joints later there complete!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2340 11 years ago

Anybody have any tips on getting a pin up carpeted stairs. Looks like ill be bringing home a near mint DM tomorrow.

#2344 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Congrats myork! Did you buy the one in Louisville?
As for getting it up stairs, its not fun. TRUST ME!! And to make matters worse, you're getting a widebody.
But when you do, it may be easiest to have 3 or 4 big, burly guys to help you. 2 on each end since widebody pins are HEAVY! And make sure you have gatorade on hand! And possibly tools to remove the backbox so it will fit through doorways.

Yep I got the one in Louisville from Celiac502. From the tons of pics he sent me the playfield is mint! The only thing wrong is the cab has some fad, but its not horrible. Its already been gone over, has a bunch of new parts, and led's so its ready to go.

The stairs are going to be a PITA for sure. There's a rental place in town that will hopefully have a stair climbing dolly. HOPEFULLY!! If not I figure a regular fridge dolly and 4 guys on it + beer should make short work of it. I've read about the wrap it in a blanket and hook straps to the cab and slide it up, but that seems like it could get out of control quick! I have a straight shot of one flight of stairs so i'm hoping its somewhat hassle free considering the situation.

Just so you guys know this is all Pintucky's fault haha!!

#2348 11 years ago

DM is in the house or should I say the garage! In my noob opinion it looks great. If I had a new right side back box decal it would be damn near perfect. The playfield really shines and the ramps are crystal clear! Hopefully I can get it up to my game room this weekend so I can play it more. I played two games before we loaded it and got owned!!! Total failure!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2361 11 years ago

Pintucky, my gf, and myself got DM upstairs last night. It was rough but wasn't all that bad. We were going to slide it up on a blanket with 2x4's as rails, but my stairs are to steep. Ended up strapping it to a cheap harbor freight dolly I have. Ill for user have a appliance dolly next time. Anyways here's some pics!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#2431 11 years ago

Nice Whirlwind Mystic. I've got a cointaker and pbl order coming in today to pretty much finish out my DM in led's. Gonna be sweeet!

#2449 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Demo man looks awesome in LEDs. I just did one a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference. There's one socket under the playfield that's hard to get to.

Yep it looks killer! It already had most the GI's replaced on the playfield except the ones next to the apron. I went with two blue frosted and one cool white frosted on each side. At the Cryoclaw I went with red, blue, red, blue, red frosted. For the backbox I went with the ablaze 4 led f'ing bright cool whites and blues to accent certain areas. Yeah there f'ing bright!!! I had to literally put on my sunglasses to keep from seeing spots as I was installing them. I also installed several Super 906's from cointaker. I'll make a video of it tomorrow and post it.

#2468 11 years ago

Damn! Wish I would have went to Kingsport with some cash! Whats the buyers premium cost?

#2470 11 years ago

Hmmm that takes some of the fun out of it.

#2478 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

18% buyers premium. The only people that don't pay those are operators and tax exempt (I am one of those) so 28% vs $10 each item

Now that really takes the fun out of it. Guess i'll get my next machine from a pinsider. I don't mind putting a little work into one. Thats part of the fun of it for me. Yep haven't had my DM for a month and already want another machine to add to the collection. I think I have the fever! (Still loving my DM just to be clear) I'll be looking to buy after the Christmas rush. Interested in
Congo
T2
Black Rose
No Fear
I'll just have to see what is available at the time and in my price range.

Crash I was going to be at Mikes Saturday, but I have to work 12 hour shifts starting that day for a week and I have to work the night before.

#2481 11 years ago

Cool i'll let you know mystic. If you do decide you want to get rid of it and you haven't heard from me be sure to lmk and i'll see what I can do.

2 weeks later
#2629 11 years ago

Momentary short....... YUCK!!!! I'd rather a short stay short and blow fire!

Virtual pin update:
Since I was actually off work for once I got to work on it again. I painted it, mounted the psu's, contactors, ledwiz, ipac, flasher resistor boards, relay boards, and started on wiring it. Hopefully ill be able to take it for a test run by Friday. The first picture is the Cree RGB LEDs I'm using for flashers.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image1.jpgimage1.jpg

#2673 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

If they want $2700, I'm dead serious when I say you may wanna start considering the barcade route.
For $2700, you could probably rent a decent spot smack in the middle of downtown.
It's beginning to sound like the Antioch real estate people have completely lost their minds.

A barcade would be awesome!

#2698 11 years ago

Does sound like one hell of a deal!

#2724 11 years ago

Got a list of the pins you are getting DreamTR? I don't need another but, might for the right deal!

#2726 11 years ago

I can't afford TZ or Tommy so I guess I'm out. thanks for the info!

#2742 11 years ago

I wish the frosted bulbs were brighter. I tried some blue and cool white in DM. They looked very dull next to a pbl 3 led.

#2744 11 years ago

Yeah I'd day there that bright. I haven't seen any of the warm whites in person though. I have a warm white super under a orange insert and it looks awesome

#2779 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Jason, Mad Amusements has that Rottendog Power Supply for the Mousin' Around for $87....
http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=258
I couldn't find it on Marco or PBL's sites. And if you order that outlane switch, don't forget to get the big 64oz jug of Novus 2.

I have that same power supply in Dr Dude and its LOUD!!! Works but will make a nice hummmmmmmmm. Just have to turn the volume up and drown it out with the Dr Dude rap!

#2794 11 years ago

Wow every one of them were out! That would for sure throw a man for a loop.

I blew the playfield gi fuse the other day in Stargate putting leds in. I had the game off and put several in. I powered it up and saw a spot that I wanted to change colors. I started taking the screw out of the socket and the whole time in the back of my head I was thinking dumbass turn the game off. Sure enough I put the new led in and it didn't work.

#2806 11 years ago

How much are you looking to spend?

#2808 11 years ago

I bought a few retros to sample in the last order. I do like the way the frosteds spread the light, but like I said there not bright enough. If the retros look good and that guy gets a 50 cent version going i'm going to buy a ton of them!!

I'm already collecting tons of parts and i've only been in the game a couple months. Time to get some storage bins!

#2813 11 years ago

Am I just a weak ass or is Gottleib DMD's heavier than a Williams DMD? Myself and 2 buddies tried moving stargate upstairs to my game room tonight. Needless to say we got it on the ground floor and I said piss on that and moved it back to the garage. I had it on a big uhaul appliance dolly and all. Funny thing is pintucky, my gf, and myself got DM upstairs on a small dolly which seemed way lighter and it's a damn widebody! Anyways I guess that's a sign I need to make one side of my garage a pin wall. Guess ill have DM, my virtual pin, and the mame cab upstairs.

#2815 11 years ago

Quit now while your ahead!!! Just playing! Welcome aboard!

#2817 11 years ago

This year will be my first trip up there also. I bought my first pin at the end of October and you see I already have 3. I told myself I was just going to get 1 but everybody said they multiply!

#2847 11 years ago

Hey Mystic I saw a thread where showing your playfield touchup work. I have a couple spots of insert wear on my DM that I would like to touchup. What do you use for a straight edge? Here's a pic of what I have going on. Any tips or suggestions?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2851 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

put down some painter's tape to get the edge straight.. easy and quick. The other method would be to hold a straight razor but I like the tape method better myself. Put some sort of spot clear down after the touchup or it'll just come right off after a handful of games.

Thanks for the pointers mystic. I'm probably just going to lay a thick coat of wax on it for now and live with it. If it starts getting worse then take action. Everything can't be perfect

1 week later
#2885 11 years ago

Made a bunch of progress on the virtual pin over the weekend. It is still a work in progress so ignore the missing parts and paint defects

Hey I matched!!

#2889 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Matt Pintucky is wanting to build one of these himself (or more like have you build it lol). He told me you work until 3:00pm on Saturdays so unfortunately doesn't look like I'll be able to meet you on the 12, with the hour and a half drive back to Tennessee and sundown at 4:30 here... unless you can make an exception? Would love to have you play for my Fish Tales video, he says you're pretty good at that game. I've had very little practice with it.
Do you want to make the trip down for Saturday's tournament at Game Galaxy? It's going to be a big one, with standings submitted to the IFPA.

Man idk if I will ever build another one of these cabs. Its cool, but there is a ton of work that unless you build it you don't see. Its been fun, but then again I just want the damn thing DONE!!! I work 3rd so I get off at 7:30 am, but yeah I usually sleep till around 3:30 pm if I don't have something going on. I'm not working next friday night as of right now, but thats always subject to change so I might be able to make it out. I won't be able to make it down to GG this Saturday because I guy from VA is coming during the day Saturday to pick up a R/C jet project I never finished. I'll have to get some sleep after he leaves.

#2931 11 years ago

Speaking of ordering has anybody made a cointaker order recently and had issues. I've been going round and round with them about $92 dollars worth of LEDs that I ordered 12/18/12. Since i ordered I've received two padded envelopes one with 10 CW retros and one with 4 purple retros. I got the first 10 without fuss, but Ofcourse I ordered way more. So I asked about the others and they supposedly shipped seperate and would be at my place the next day. Didn't happen so I waited a week since it was new years and nothing showed. I asked again about the rest of my order and the Got tracking for the 2nd package. When it came it only had 4 bulbs in it!

#2933 11 years ago

Yeah I don't know what is going on. I've talked to Melissa about it via email and that doesn't seem to be working. Guess i'll have to call tomorrow. I sent another email out Saturday night and haven't heard from them since then. I understand it was the holidays and such so i'm willing to cut some slack, but I would like to know what is going on.

#2936 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Well, I would offer to help you myyork82, and phone them on your behalf. But the last time I did something like this it got me banned from Mad Amusements for life!
Mike

Call them up and tell them you are my rep and they don't know who they are dealing with! HAHA!!!!

3 weeks later
#3036 11 years ago

My first pin teardown is underway. Gonna get the topside stripped down far enough where I can hit the playfield with a treasure cove kit. The playfield has mylar over pretty much all of it so it should shine up pretty good. That ramp was a pain to get out of there! Hopefully the sun will come out one day so I can sandwich the plastics between some glass to flatten them out.

Groovy DUDE!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#3040 11 years ago

Technically Stargate is mine and Dr Dude is his. It's a joint venture. There both in my garage though

Dr Dude is going to his house when I get done with it and then Stargate is getting the treatment. I'll let Mike play Stargate for a bit then i'll probably sell it. I can only get DM, the Virtual Pin, and my MAME cab in my game room.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

1 month later
#3189 11 years ago

Who all is going to the Louisville show? Myself and Pintucky will be there on Saturday early.

#3202 11 years ago

I had a blast at the Louisville show! Erik your Adams is very nice and I really enjoyed playing it. I really had to resist the urge to not bring home that NIB AC/DC that was there. I need to get rid on something first though!!! My only complaint was there was no Tron there other than a NiB. The lines weren't real bad and I waited the longest to at AC/DC, but it was set to 5 ball and gave friendly ball saves. WOZ is a ball draining machine. I compared to getting your first piece of a woman. All this build up to play it and it was over in 30 secs! Hahaha!!!!!!

#3209 11 years ago

I could only imagine how many plays AC/DC got put on it of the weekend. My gf and I went through the line twice. AC/DC was for sure the hit of the show. Of course that is probably the nicest Pro in the world. It was a steal for sure when it sold on here a while back for $4k. I'm sure you have a lot of polishing to do on that fresh chrome. I wish I would have had Stargate and Dr Dude ready to sell so I could have brought them. Just haven't had them time do to my buddies and I working on Seadoos and boats.

#3244 11 years ago

I'm picking up a T2 on Tuesday myself!

1 week later
#3294 11 years ago

I need to make a TN trip soon. Swing by Mike Chesnuts to swap my DM trigger handles and T2 Gun handle for fresh chrome pieces, then head to Game Galaxy.

#3302 11 years ago

Nice score in the pinbot. I've been kinda wanting a BOP lately, but I'm out of room!
I'm currently shopping out the T2 I picked up earlier this week. It was the one at the arcade expo in Louisville if any of you guys were up there. I've got the playfield stripped ready for a treasure cove treatment. Tumbled hardware all night last night. Just got done polishng the wire ramps. All new targets from pbl and some other randoms on the way. Should clean up nice! Ill post some pics later. "I'll be back!"

1 week later
#3326 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Regraining metal kind of sucks. But...
Thanks to Matt for the tip on Mother's Metal Polish. Stuff works better than anything else I've used.

Yep regraining sucks!!!! Just finished chopping out my T2 and went with the sandpaper route. I'll try mothers next time.

2 weeks later
#3443 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No nudging tips from me but I find it hard to nudge widebodies anyways.

Aint that the TRUTH!!! Well except for DM! The handles make it to easy. I've had to get on a few of my drunk friends about shaking the shit out of mine!

Anybody need a freshly shopped out T2, Dr Dude, or Stargate that needs shopped? I'm wanting to get a AC/DC from Larry.

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#3446 11 years ago

Volpin I will fix your right up with "the dude" He's cheesy but he is a groovy dude lol!

Crash Stargate and Dr Dude are at Pintucky's. We co-own them of course and are looking to sell both. I can't believe I'm looking at NIB pins but I'm wanting a AC/DC pro or Tron Pro. I'd be willing to trade on a nice HUO example of either or buy outright also.

T2 is at my place and I'm the sole owner. I really like it, but I don't need it and a AC/DC since they are "sorta" similar.

#3450 11 years ago

Crash Stargate its a cool pin, but I don't like the Gottlieb "clunk" or a mylar'd playfield. I'd rather pass it on unshopped to someone who will enjoy it when there done shopping it out. It's in good shape and would make a nice pin when done. I just can't get into Dr Dude.

Larry I sent you an email.

#3452 11 years ago

Good eye man! I just looked and I missed putting a bulb back in the socket. WHOOPs!

Erik once I know for sure I'm getting AC/DC I might holler at you about those premium rails, legs, and lock bar

#3458 11 years ago

Love my DM! It was my first pin so it ain't going anywhere!

#3461 11 years ago

That TZ is a GEM! I saw it at the expo in Louisville and its a very nice example.

#3463 11 years ago

I don't think so. I was there the better part of the day Saturday and didn't see it. I would rather have IJ also. I just can't get into TZ.

#3474 11 years ago

I'd pass on that for sure!

Dr Dude and Stargate will be on cl shortly. T2 will be on there in a day of so if the interested party decides they don't want it.

Should have my AC/DC toward the end of May!

#3476 11 years ago

I would entertain that but I'm trying to thin the heard and AC/DC took some of my lunch money. Lol
Feel free to make an offer on it. You won't insult me.

#3480 11 years ago

I replied back. I didn't get the first! Lol!

#3497 11 years ago

Yeah it is looking like Saturday right now. Still don't know yet. My work schedule is so crazy! Not counting all the other crap I have going on. Tonight will be day 17 or 18 without a day off.

#3499 11 years ago

Man I need some for sure! We are short handed right now! Nobody wants to work anymore. I mean I don't either, but I like having nice things!
If any of you guys have PLC, robot, and 3 phase motor experience let me know! We had a guy hired and he quit after 1 month out of the blue. Its crazy they keep saying unemployment is high, but yet we have had operator positions that pay good money sit empty for months!

#3509 11 years ago

Always wanted a F-14, but damn with DM, T2, and AC/DC on the way I don't think I could handle anymore speed!

Ill be at Game Galaxy tomorrow around 4 with Stargate.

#3518 11 years ago

Yes it is! Thanks Jason and Richard! Shaina and I had a great time! I really, really want Tron now!
The translite key is hanging in the coin door and you'll find the original manual in there also.

Big thanks to Erik for the AC/DC armor! Adding it to the pile of parts I have for a pin I don't have lol!!

#3527 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

When do you think you can make it up again Matt?

Don't know for sure. I would like to get in the next tournament. Sounds like a lot I fun!

#3531 10 years ago

I have noticed a lot of BS drama in the marketplace here. The price police is out of control! Another forum I used to be really active on had a zero tolerance on price policing. If you didn't like a users price you kept your comments to yourself or you would receive one warning and then the ban hammer would drop.

#3532 10 years ago

My T2 is for sale if any of you guys are interested in it. "Might" entertain DM+T2+Cash for a sweet HUO Tron or another pin of equal value.

#3534 10 years ago

Goldeneye is a fun pin! The Satelite shot is cool. I want that Spiderman you have! I called to see if they had anymore "fire" pins and the few they had didn't really spark my interest.

#3536 10 years ago

You mean this DM.... Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3538 10 years ago

I'm tempted to help fund Tron, but I need to wait. I'm afraid I will regret it and then not be able to find one local as nice as this one.

#3540 10 years ago

I thought about that but is is pretty bright as it is. Hard to photograph it. I have cointaker retros as gi and supers in the inserts. I have a set of mirror blades sitting her that I bought for t2. Since its for sale I might install them in DM. Super bling then!

#3544 10 years ago

The collection just keeps growing! I didn't get to play everything I wanted so I need to get back down there soon.

I just looked an the playfield is to tight in DM to install the blades. Bummer

#3547 10 years ago

Yep the Shadow is on my list also. I plan on staying longer the next time I'm down. I had to get back to BG Saturday because I was having people over.

#3552 10 years ago

B_R has a nice one for sale.

#3557 10 years ago

This is why I have not advertised any pins on this site. Total train wreck!

#3560 10 years ago

I need to try Mr Pinball on T2.

#3584 10 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying Stargate. Hold both flipper buttons in for about 5 secs before you launch the first ball. This will disable all the helpful but annoying call outs. "Shoot the pyramid! Shoot the pyramid! Shoot the pyramid!" I KNOW DAMMIT!!!!

#3597 10 years ago

That sucks man. The old place looked pretty awesome. Got a plan b in mind?

#3599 10 years ago

Thats not a bad spot were your at. Yeah foot traffic would help but its easy to get to since its right off the interstate. Plenty of space also! I'm gonna try to make it down Saturday if its raining. If not I have work to do

#3603 10 years ago

Here's a video I shot with a gopro hero 2 set at 720p and 60fps I just suction cupped it to the lock bar. A tad better angle would have been perfect!

#3607 10 years ago

Not gonna make it tomorrow. Looks like the weather is going to be decent so I have work to do. Ah the joys of working six and seven days a week at my real job.

#3613 10 years ago

Crash the stargate six or 7 ball thing is probably because the timed play feature is still on.

#3619 10 years ago

Sounds fair!

1 week later
#3645 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

welp T2 is sold.....now on the hunt for BSD!

Good deal. Still have mine.......

#3650 10 years ago

I bet if I parked it at work there would be tons of interest in it. God almighty I dread hunting season. Thats all I hear about around here! One will say I saw 2 bucks next to the road and the other will say he saw 4. Before you know it there was 50 in a field and they were petting them

#3654 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Matt we freaking gotta plan a visit to Mike's when he gets his WOZ. That video's going to be awesome. Someone on the forum even suggested an angle of the crystal ball, only issue is its designed to face the player so that may not be possible. But on still curious how the crystal ball video interface board works.

I talked to him tonight and forgot to ask if he has heard anything on a delivery date. I need to get over there and work on Junkyard but as usual i'm covered up! Got a new pin and have had some jetski trouble that I had to rectify by tomorrow.

Got a few things done to AC/DC! Got the ball eject protector cliffy, shooter lane protector installed, shaker motor, red legs, laseriffic bass drum, and the premium train. That was scary yanking the left ramp off on my brand new pin!!! Don't scratch it, don't scratch it! I've been talking to pbl the past few days about getting the premium lockbar receiver so I can install the premium lock bar and rails I got from Erik. Turns out Stern is out of stock!!! Luckily Marco had one, but damn I had to pay for it. $80 shipped!!! Guess thats better than a shiny red paper weight! I'm going to order a ton of pinball bulbs leds tomorrow to led the gi's and a pinball pro speaker setup. I want it to ROCK!!!!! Planning on installing hemi's bell mod also if I have time.

#3682 10 years ago

I've been tempted to stick T2 in my bedroom since it seems all I get on it are tire kickers!! Roll out of bed and fire up some pinball first thing. Seems normal right?

#3684 10 years ago

Sure shoot me a pm with his info.

#3693 10 years ago

AC/DC Pro-mium?????? I've gone long enough..... Its time for LEDs! Mirrorblades are on the way also! Now if I could just get the SDTM issue lined out. Its pretty bad currently Its not from the bell shot either its when the ball feeds out of the pop bumpers.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#3707 10 years ago

That's it i'm going back upstairs and running wires from ac/dc to the polk sub hooked up to DM! That spring Stern installed to help the SDTM issues on AC/DC is SHIT!!! Mine was constantly SDTM feeding out of the pops. Even my gf's 8 year old niece commented about it! I took that spring off and now it just does it out of the bell some. That's what the bell mod is for right!

#3710 10 years ago

So what you are saying is somebody has to crack the safe to get anything out of your garage. Nice!

#3713 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

At this rate they got the Demolition Man and Twilight Zone out. Even No Fear. Theatre of Magic and Indiana Jones came back in for retirement.

I'd love to play TOM and IJ. I want to play No fear the next time I'm down. That pin is on my list.

#3718 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

myork: You missed it when we had them there...they just got tore up and when they need a full on shopout from Mike, they aren't going back in. No Fear and Addams are the only two exceptions to this rule.....

I don't blame you on that one!

#3723 10 years ago

I might come down tomorrow if I can get my butt up! Working right now and I have to work tomorrow night. Good ole 3rd shift....

#3740 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did myork82 make it down? When I left at 1:30 the only Pinsiders I saw were Blondetall, Storyteller, and FumbleFlippers. Moose615 when did you come down? Don't think I saw you.

Nope I didn't make it. I didn't roll out of bed till almost 4! I'm about to head back into work in a few. Gotta love it! Think i'll buy something for ac/dc with the OT to make me feel better about it.

#3758 10 years ago

Decked out AC/DC tonight. Used leds from pinballbulbs and IMO they look killer!! I have a few inserts that are ghosting, but he is supposed to release his non ghosting next week.

IMG_2890.JPGIMG_2890.JPG IMG_2892.JPGIMG_2892.JPG

#3777 10 years ago

Ooooo Ripley's! I love that game! I've got to get over your way soon Larry.

#3785 10 years ago

Coil been replaced? Bad EOS switch?
I know some 3 phase motors when you do a resistance check its fine, but when you hook a megger to the motor it fails the test. Basically means when you apply high voltage to the windings the failure shows up. Not that I would hook a megger up to a coil installed on a pin, but some winding insulation issues only show up under high voltage.

#3789 10 years ago

What parts have been tried?

#3793 10 years ago

I hear that! I run into that a lot at work!!! Sometimes you just have to do it though.

Oh and just a FYI to interested parties pinballbulbs.com non ghosting LEDs are legit! The regular ones ghosted horrible in AC/DC which is to be expected. The non ghosting totally cleared that up and they look awesome! Can't deny the price either.

#3794 10 years ago

When you say the coil is good did you try another or just check the exsisting coil? If not I would try another coil at this point. If it works fine for a bit and then screws up after some use it sounds like a heat related issue causing the failure. You could just swap the left and right coil to see if the problem follows.

1 week later
#3824 10 years ago

Yeah No Fear sounds awesome!!! The coin door keys were laying on the glass when I played it. They went into the coindoor lock real quick!!! If those FF speakers sound that good in No Fear I think AC/DC will have a set ASAP!

#3833 10 years ago

Cheap pins...... So $1400 will buy High Speed II?

#3836 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I had a High Speed II, sold for $1800 to Kendall awhile back.... =P Keeping this one for sure

Its a awesome game for sure. The one you have now is the only one i've ever played.

#3838 10 years ago

The one you have now looked to be in great shape. The sides surprised me because most are faded bad.

2 weeks later
#3857 10 years ago

Elvira looks great Crash!

I'm possibly bringing home a Black Hole and Xenon this weekend! Those are two bucket list pins I wanted to own for a bit just because they look so badass lit up!

1 week later
#3897 10 years ago

What time are you going to be at GG Crash. I'll be in the area........

#3899 10 years ago

Hmm don't know if I will be down there that long. Just have to play it by ear

#3901 10 years ago

Probably 12 when they open. U can't guarantee ill be there though. Just depends on how long it takes me to take care of some business down there.

#3904 10 years ago

If i'm still in town close to 12 i'll swing by for a few.

#3908 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sorry you couldn't make it Matt. Looked all over for you.

Yeah sorry man. I got Guns N Roses all loaded up around 11 in Hermitage and I was wore out! Steps plus working all night the night before was rough! I went straight home and slept till about 6. I didn't even feel like unloading the pin first!

#3910 10 years ago

Stargate has the game time feature turned on or at least it did when it left my house. I think it will give you 5 mins of play time regardless of how many balls you play.

#3912 10 years ago

No problem! I don't like seeing false info spread. I was like 2 to 3 times the price of a pin?!?!? A zizzle maybe!!!!

#3934 10 years ago

Now I see what I have to do to replace the servo on Frankenstein's head on Mikes. Just so you guys know any cheap standard R/C servo will work. Should be like $8 not $30!!! You have to make sure the harness to the servo is wired correctly or you will fry the servo.

Here is the schematic for the servo drive board.

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb72.pdf

Here are the pinouts for r/c servos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392644

#3936 10 years ago

Yep i've got some laying around from my old R/C plane habit. I flew everything from homemade foam electric planes to 200 mph jets. I got tired of seeing money go up in smoke when they hit the dirt so I basically sold all my stuff.

#3940 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice! I did nitro trucks 10 or so years ago and recently I've been dabbling in helicopters for my other geek hobby. I need to spend more time on the trainer software. Keep breaking stuff because I suck
The alien head in Independence Day is opened up by an RC servo too

Good luck with the helis. I had a eflite 400 and a trex 450 for a bit. They just made me nervous so I sold them. Felt more comfortable flying 100 mph + planes upside down 4 ft off the runway lol!

#3943 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Yeah I've just been learning on the micros. Some of those bigger ones are like lawnmower blades flying around. Not for me!

Believe it or not but the bigger ones are a lot easier to fly! Get a raptor 30 and some training gear for it. Rock solid stable when set up correctly.

#3949 10 years ago

Crash you need to sell me that F-14 cheap

#3951 10 years ago

Nice! It's not like I need a project right now anyways. Still trying to find time to start on GnR

1 week later
#3973 10 years ago

Nice Crash!

It barely sprinkled up here today.

#3979 10 years ago

Destroy Centaur!!!!

#3995 10 years ago

I need to get over to Mikes and play it and fix his POTO board. Been busy, busy as usual. Heck i've got a pile of parts under GnR that needs to be installed. I'll get on it when the weather starts cooling off.

#3997 10 years ago

Nope its all back together with new displays. He repaired the power supply and cpu board. Somebody installed new sling switches and soldered them in backwards. It locked the sling on and shorted the drive transistor. I wasn't around when this happened. I have a shiny new Hakko 808 Desoldering tool to take care of that.

1 month later
#4099 10 years ago

I need to get down there and play Darius before it leaves. Never even seen or heard of one, but the videos of it look awesome!

#4102 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

myork: Darius has left the building.
Star Trek launch party Oct 26 Saturday night at Game Galaxy! $10 cover, $5 entry, Stern official stuff, prizes, etc. At least we don't all have to drive to Birmingham this time around, lol

Snooze you loose!

Launch party sounds fun though!

#4119 10 years ago

Saw it on. CL looks like a nice one!

1 week later
#4146 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also I was parched yesterday. Someone needs to open a bar next door. Less barbers, more bars!

This! I would love a barcade!! I totally understand that is a challenge though.

#4155 10 years ago

I'll have to try that pizza place the next time i'm down. The only place i've been was O'Charley's. Might have to hit it before the Star Trek launch party

#4179 10 years ago

HAHA!! Its amazing what alcohol will do to a person!

#4181 10 years ago

You ought to come to KY when basketball season is in if you want to see some real crazies. If they loose I hate going to work the next day. Like a bunch of 3 year olds crying. I bet domestic violence calls go up the night of a lose also!

#4185 10 years ago

Jason you are going to be at 100 pins in no time at this rate!

#4189 10 years ago

I understand that! I've got to fix a oil leak that requires yanking the motor on one of my jetskis next week. After that i'll be on the hunt for some projects.

#4205 10 years ago

Must study up on star trek rules and play the fire out of AC/DC this coming week.

#4209 10 years ago

I will warn you Crash a "LCD DMD" vs a real DMD is no comparison as for as brightness. My virtual pin is a prime example. That is a very cool mod though

#4220 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Raspberry Pi for Addams Family LCD!

image-748.jpg 2 MB

Nice! I'm running a Pi with OpenElec installed in my bedroom. Network streaming full 1080p Blu Rays like a champ!

#4221 10 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

There is a new code update for Star Trek. I'm not sure why it wasn't released yet but it was loaded onto the tournament games on Friday. I talked to the guy who did it and he said it balance some scoring in the modes but didn't tell me anything else. I have a few "goodies" to give out on Saturday at the tournament so make sure you are there.
Larry

A Steve Ritchie signed AC/DC translite would be awesome

#4223 10 years ago

Oh really...... We'll find out Saturday I guess

#4241 10 years ago

IJ would be the better deal.

1 week later
#4266 10 years ago

Oh yes! I'm going in the a.m. to get one so I don't have to bug a friend who reloads ammo about borrowing his. Tumbler + crushed walnut shells + liquid rubbing compound or chrome polish = BLING!

#4278 10 years ago

If anybody wants a nice shopped out Fish Tales let me know! Complete with lightning flippers

#4299 10 years ago

I'd love to have a place to socialize, drink beer, and play some pins!

That T2 looks to be in good shape.

#4312 10 years ago

You mean the playfield isn't planked!

#4314 10 years ago

I think one is coming to Nashville soon.

2 weeks later
#4328 10 years ago

It has been quite around here. I've been checking in, but pretty much in jetski mode. Had one offered to me for a smoking deal and I've been working on getting it running so I can see if the motor is going to survive being full of water for about 6 months Needless to say my Fish Tales shop has been pushed to the side. Its almost done and i'm hoping to have it done next week. Then F-14 is up after that! I've got more work than free time!! Anyways with that said if anybody is looking for a nice Fish Tales let me know! Shopped right!

1 week later
#4397 10 years ago

Looks normal to me! Put me on the want to buy list!

#4402 10 years ago

Oh know Cyclone more than just ramps huh.

#4405 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

myork: Cyclone needs to be dipped in bleach.

Dang that bad? Was it the one we talked about you getting when I was down there?

#4407 10 years ago

Well that sucks. If you need somebody to work on getting it going let me know. I'm always up for defeating electrical demons.

Hope Black Hole is alright. Is it on the floor?

#4409 10 years ago

True doesn't matter if it's running or not with bad ramps.

#4414 10 years ago

Star Trek needs to be at my house.

#4422 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Matt: If only you had the stuff I need to trade =) Crash actually DOES but if I have a feeling even if I offered him Star Trek for Police Force he'd turn it down...(not saying I would do that but they don't get rid of their pins over there =P)

Yeah Yeah story of my life Its all good. Not like I need another pin anyways. I need to sell for $$ and not trade.

#4424 10 years ago

Somebody needs to come get this cabinet before the trash comes in the mourning. Lol!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#4427 10 years ago

I bought a dynamo cab with a bad monitor and a mk1 board when I built my MAME cab. Empty cab would have to be dirt cheap depending on condition. I sold the mk1 board and basically paid for my cab.

#4430 10 years ago

I would like to at some point step up to a Midway cab and a real arcade monitor. I've got a 21 inch non widescreen LCD in the cab now. It looks good, but nothing replaces a tube! I'd hate to wire that control panel again though! Two joysticks, 3 inch trackball, seven buttons per player, 4 admin buttons, and two ledwiz's to drive the rgb leds in each button. I think I spent two days wiring it up!

#4438 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

i have a midway with a KI panel on it with no monitor if u want to give it a shot, i also have a 29" dynamo with the monitor if u want to just get that off my hands haha

Man that would be cool, but I don't need another project or have room for a huge midway cab.

1 week later
#4459 10 years ago

Needs to bypass the floor and head up I65 haha

#4461 10 years ago

Yeah I haven't been down in a bit. Last time was when I brought good wings.

#4483 10 years ago

Huh!?!? $800 Williams Star Trek!

#4485 10 years ago

I'm sure I could fix the F114 F115 error Jason. If I'm down before it's fixed I'll bring the meter and at least diagnose it.

#4486 10 years ago

Yeah I had family X-mas stuff going on today.

#4489 10 years ago

Space Jam........ Muhahaha

#4513 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jason does not discriminate!
How did the tournament go? Crash flex his TFTC skills?

That's a fact! This man owned Gold Wings! Oh wait I owned it too!

#4540 10 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe would look good at my place. Just saying

Oh and I am now the hired care taker of Party Zone and Street Fighter II since they are now at a local bar in Bowling Green. Care was not taken in moving them. Party Zone is up and running but Street Fighter has a flipper issue. Gotllieb....

Gold Wings!

#4572 10 years ago

I'll be there Saturday at 12 when the doors open as long as its not raining. Can't haul pins in the rain

#4577 10 years ago

From what I've heard about it I don't get how it got like that without other stuff being damaged. Weird..

2 weeks later
#4631 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

RUST.......

IMG_0042[1].JPG 145 KB

IMG_0029[1].JPG 293 KB

YUCK!

1 week later
#4652 10 years ago

Yeah March is busy! I'll probably hit Louisville on Saturday and I plan on hitting the Auction.

#4659 10 years ago

Sounds like y'all had a big time today. I would have came down but I had to work this weekend and I'll be down there this week sometime.

#4661 10 years ago

I've been wanting to play CV. Nice on selling Dale Jr! I'll have to get some play in on Metallica tomorrow

4 weeks later
#4697 10 years ago

I played one sunday with the new 2.0 code and really enjoyed it. I'm no pinball expert or anything but I thought it was fun.

#4712 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I think what I have noticed is that most of the "serious" pinball players do not enjoy Wizard of Oz and the ones that play casually think the game is fine.

Yeah I think I'm more of a serious technician than a player. Well a serious lunatic for taking on a system 80 shop job!

#4714 10 years ago

Yes that game rocks! I need to show it some love and have my handles rechromed.

#4719 10 years ago

Oh c'mon Jason tell us how you really fell about it!

#4740 10 years ago

That poor backglass! Yeah its going to be tight because Spidy will be there soon also.

#4744 10 years ago

Yeah I hear that. A remodel will be cool. Two suggestions.... I know here we go.

Jukebox and some neon! That is all

Yep congrats on Drac Curtis. Its a nice one for sure!

1 month later
#4845 9 years ago

Sounds like Rivergate is going to be a cool spot!

2 weeks later
#4870 9 years ago

Play my DM and AC/DC! You will want to stand in the corner and cry! Post are set to easy but pitch and playfield wax are intense!

#4872 9 years ago

I'll trade for Tron, IJ Williams, or STTNG.

1 week later
#4886 9 years ago

That daughterboard is pretty interesting, but a few pin replacements would probably fix 98% of the resets.

3 months later
#5051 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just an early heads up to all the Nashville folks. They'll be a Walking Dead launch party on Saturday, November 1st at 7pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. It will be a different, more casual format that our usual league event. Similar to the Star Trek Launch party if you were there. It is on the IFPA calendar and will be worth points.
The Star Trek launch was by far the largest turnout we've had and a ton of fun as there are more than just our usual pinball group there. If you have a friend that you are wanting to bring to Game Galaxy this would be a great event to bring them to.
More details at http://www.midtnpinball.com. Really looking forward to this one.

Sounds like a good time! I had a blast at the Star Trek launch party. I need to get back to Antioch anyways! Its been a minute! Y'all probably thought I fell off the face of the earth. I'm currently restoring a 85 Kawasaki JS550 jetski and I plan on getting back into pin mode when its complete.

#5061 9 years ago

Looks like you have some cleaning to do! I'll give you $1200 for it and save you the burden of all of that cleaning!

1 month later
#5105 9 years ago

CV needs to be in Bowling Green at my house

7 months later
#5416 8 years ago

HOLD UP!!! I haven't posted in forever and you guys probably think I died in a horrible jetski wreck, but Tron a bad game....... No way! To each his own though! Speaking of which if anybody has a Tron and wants to do some trading on a DM and or a modded AC/DC Pro holler at me!

Oh and Jason your Party Zone is still kicking. I've got to replace a EOS cap on it when it arrives. They had a Tournament and the winner got a free tattoo. Dude got the guy on the backglass tattooed on his arm! Dedication!

1 year later
#5849 7 years ago

Anybody have two known working 7 Segment Alpha Numeric Display's like would be in Player 1 and 2 in Pinbot. Other games would work as I just need the glass and could remove the glass from another games display board and install in mine. Let me know. I thought I had found a pair, but I don't think its going to pan out.

Looks like this
http://www.pinballpcb.com/images/Displays/WilliamsAlphaNumericOld.jpg

#5851 7 years ago

Cool just let me know. I should probably just get Pinscores, but I rebuilt the HV section of my power supply so I'd kinda like to use it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,800 (OBO)
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 84.99
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=myork82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.