tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4924 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Got a new translite for my Star Trek, thought it turned out really good.

#4926 9 years ago

I'm interested, would be next Saturday before I could check it out.

#4928 9 years ago

Sounds good, just hit me up when you get back and I'll come check it out. Been looking for a nice local one for a while.

3 weeks later
#4952 9 years ago

Awesome, never played twister. I'll have to swing by this weekend.

2 weeks later
#4969 9 years ago

Anyone local that will do house calls for repairs? I have a weak flipper on my whitewater on the upper playfield that is giving me fits. Looks like the upper playfield is going to have to come off to rebuild the flipper and I'm not sure if I'm up for something that advanced or not.

#4971 9 years ago

I can't seem to get to everything I need to pull the assembly out to work on it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4972 9 years ago

Found a flexible shaft screw driver at lowe's and was able to get it out. Ordered a rebuild kit from pinball life so hopefully that will fix the problem.

1 week later
#4990 9 years ago

Got the whitewater upper flipper working last night. I initially used a rebuild kit on it but the flipper was still very weak. Everything else was working properly and I have always been told that coils either work or they don't and that they are not the issue. After nothing else could really be the problem I ordered the coil specified in the manual and it fixed the problem.

Educate a newby on coils. It was my understanding that they either work or they don't. Is it common for one to just become weak like this?

2 weeks later
#5019 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Aaron, you can always play Phantom of the Opera in Rivergate. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

I played it acouple of weeks ago when I was there. I got to admit, it was kind of fun.

2 weeks later
#5030 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

So I am thinking of putting Attack from Mars with color DMD on the floor. HOWEVER, the options would be as follows in order for us to do so:
$1 a play
OR
All day rates go up to $12
To put that in perspective our rates are REALLY low for the amount of pinballs in the place, especially since only X-Men Magneto runs on quarters...
I will post this on our website too. Would like to hear feedback.

It all depends on your business goals/philosophy's. If it was me I would raise the price as your business model revolves around a flat rate to play as much as you want. When people get in and find out it's a flat rate except for some select A titles they might feel a little jaded by that. So a vote for raising the price and no quarters required from me. Or you could sell the ATM to me and not have to deal with this dilemma : )

#5032 9 years ago

Maybe 2 tiered pricing were you keep a few of your most highly desired pins grouped together? $10 to play everything else onsite as much as you want. $15 if you want access to the grail pins. If AFM was $1 per play I would easily spend $5 playing it on top of the $10 to get in anyway. I think most people that know anything about pinball will understand the pricing as many of these games are 8K or more and not easily or cheaply repaired or replaced. People that are not concerned about top rated expensive games still have a nearly endless amount of games to try.

If you think back to when there were arcades $10 wouldn't last you anytime, much less a full day of playing if you wanted it. I'm scared to think about what a full day in the arcade in the early 90's.

Just a thought. Good luck with whatever direction you decide. I'm going to try to make it down for either the next tournament or TWD launch party.

#5041 9 years ago

nashville.craigslist.org link

If this listing is real someone is getting a steal. Can't imagine that it's legit though. NIB metallica premium for 5K.

3 weeks later
#5085 9 years ago

Posted this in the for sale section. Thought I would add it here incase anyone local is interested or knows someone that might be.

Looking to move my Star Trek pro. Was purchased NIB and is great condition. Has some of the typical playfield dimpling common with this model. Has the klingon warbird ship mod added and comes with an extra translite. Looking to trade + or - cash for anything on the below list

Revenge From Mars
Scared Stiff
Circus Voltaire
AC/DC premium
X-Men LE
Banzai Run
Black Knight 200

Would also sell out right for 4K if no one is interested in a trade.

1 month later
#5150 9 years ago

Looking for a TOTAN or CV within 4hrs of the middle TN area. Please let me know if you know of either in good condition for sale or trade.

#5156 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Arcade Legacy has a good Cirqus Voltaire up there in Cincy for $7200 I think. We just picked up Checkpoint and Simpsons Pinball Party from there.

Thanks, do you have any contact info for the owner? Did a quick google search and all I found was a facebook page but it didn't have an email address.

#5159 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

jgentry: Apparently he said he wants to keep it now...

No worries, I'd keep it too.

2 weeks later
#5190 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Williams: I signed up for the waiting list as I was planning on going anyway, it's just so far off, hate making plans that long in advance.....
On another note I am planning on selling 10-15 pins at the place in order to finance Big Lebowski and The Hobbit. Both look like great pins, one has better callouts but The Hobbit looks like it plays very well and I am impressed with how much better it is than Wizard of Oz just by the videos. In any event I am going to need some help deciding what to sell.
So everyone's input is welcome. I basically need to get 15 pins sold I would say....
For sure being sold would be:
Magic (by Stern)
Star Trek Data East 25th Anniversary
Paragon
Pinbot
Off limits are these certain theme pins I like (X-files, Phantom of the Opera)
I guess I need to figure out another 11 to sell....oh boy...

I can help your cause by purchasing the CV

4 weeks later
#5206 9 years ago

I am going to be selling my LOTR if anyone local is interested. Not sure it's full history but I would guess it was lightly routed at one point. It has some shooter lane wear and a few scuffs around the edges of the cabinet. The cabinet could be easily touched up. The game has pretty much every mod possible and plays great. Would also be interested in trades for anything on my wishlist plus or minus cash. Most of the mods are listed below.

Laseriffic topper
Mirror blades
Full cliffy set
LED's
Palantir Mod with fader module (one of the best mods in pinball)
ColorDmD
Lots of the figures and extra figures
Paths of the dead mod

I can send pics if anyone wants to see it. I'll post this in the market place in a few weeks if no one local has any interest. I'm just not playing it nearly as much as my other games right now so it's time for something new.

#5207 9 years ago

LOTR is sold

3 months later
#5292 9 years ago

Had to drop something off at Mike's yesterday morning. Dr Who looked good. That playfield glass sensor is one of the strangest things that I have ever seen.

2 months later
#5400 8 years ago

I have a couple of games up for sale local if anyone is interested. Trying to raise some cash for an AC/DC LE or Luci

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21652

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21651

#5403 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I echo what Will said.
America's Most Haunted is pretty amazing. It's going to go for big bucks in the future.
I was really impressed with Lexy Lightspeed and the P3 platform. There's nothing else out there like it. 10K for a game is pretty steep.
Kiss may become my new favorite Stern, but WWE is definitely my least favorite. Congratulations Transformers, you're out of the cellar!
So much to do, I completely forgot to play Whoa Nellie and Bride of Pinbot 2.0.

AMH is a ton of fun and brutally hard. Should hold up really well in a home environment. I definitely understand Jason's reluctance to have one at GG though. It would get more plays on it in a couple of months then it's entire life at my house. I'll have mine in a couple of months so there will be on in the area if anyone wants to get some plays on it.

1 year later
#5842 7 years ago

I have a couple of games up for sale if anyone local is looking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-kiss-le-and-got-le

2 months later
#5853 7 years ago

There are a couple of pins in 2 bits bar. Headquarters barcade is opening soon but isn't open yet. Game gallaxy in Antioch is worth the trip but isn't downtown.

6 months later
2 weeks later
#5916 7 years ago

I have a few local games for sale.

Paragon - shopped, polished, tumbled, full playfield overlay with playfield protector, very nice original BG, original cabinet with a few tastefully done touch ups $2000

Centaur II - shopped, polished, tumbled, full playfield overlay with playfield protector, nice GG, original cab that's in great shape with almost no touch ups required $3000

Pharaoh - Full high end restore, touched up a cleared upper and lower playfields, all parts tumbled and polished, cabinet redone, perfect BG, restore was done by Keith Holbrook about 12 months ago. Also has a custom engraved lockdown bar. Maybe the nicest Pharaoh in existence $3400

Fathom - Nice original with a very nice cabinet, playfield has some touch ups and ball swirling but all of the art is present and it plays very well. Original BG with only a few minor issues. Less then 100 plays since it was last shopped. Has a new rottendog mpu. Plays and looks great $4500

Might also part with a fully restored high end Xenon but not sure yet. Prices are fairly firm unless someone wants to do a package deal for several of them. Games are all extremely nice and play great. It's hard to find any of these games in much better condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,800 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.