tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fumbleflippers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#484 12 years ago

Hey Nashville pinsiders, I signed up just to post a thanks to the guys at Game Galaxy for hosting the tournament. I'm Richard from Memphis. Winner of the 1st GG tourney and newly self appointed TN State Pinball Champ!!(Ha-Ha!) It's great to see local competitions and I was happy to make the drive up to show some support for you guys efforts. It was my first tournament as well, so of course I was happy with the results.

My apologies to the gentleman who wanted a rematch on Tron, after the tourney I stepped out to get a drink and when I came back I didn't see you again. Sorry, next time...

Thanks Again GG!
Richard

#504 12 years ago

A tourney in Alabama on the 5th?!?!

More info please..

#505 12 years ago

Nevermind I googled it....

#506 12 years ago

I may just have to put the ol' balls in a wheelbarrel and run on down for it. Maybe we'll see one or some of you guys there.

#507 12 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Yes, I am Peter from Buffalo NY area. My high score initials are CFF for Crazy Flipper Fingers and that might cause the confusion.

This blows my mind, I thought CFF was a whole crew of people, otherwise you must travel a helluva lot. I've seen CFF's initials all over the map for YEARS......you are a very prolific player.....respect

#510 12 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I could be wrong, but I think a group of players from Portland use those initials.

Well I've never been anywhere near the pacific northwest, but I've seen CFF's mark on machines all around the southern states.

1 week later
#600 11 years ago

Hey Nash'siders, sorry I didn't see any of ya at the Big Balls tourny in B'ham. The format was pretty cool. Unlimited(Big Balls 2-ball games w/ extra balls enabled) play on 5 machines from 10-6 with a portion of the drops(.50 a pop) on each divided between the Highscores and Achievement Initials on each game. All total winnings of $101(+20 store credit) for 3rd Place. The winner Timmy was about 13 years old.

Post edited by fumbleflippers : fcuking typo

#614 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

haven't heard much hype for the tournament...

They fear the smackdown that's comin'

#615 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

considering all the pins made $1.50 or less last week sans Creature at $3.00, it's getting to the point that it is not worth keeping these things on

You should open up a Memphis location, I'd just about pay the rent single-handedly through the drops every month.

#617 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I know there are more players there than here...kind of a shame....

I don't know about that. There are only 3 pinsiders in the Memphis area, there's a few more in your neck of the woods.

#627 11 years ago

Congrats Aaron on the win!

And yeah, Crash. I stunk my tourney games up. I was probably dead last on No Fear. Then Matt clobbered me in the playoff to make the cut. He didn't even have to plunge ball 3.

I stuck around til 7:45 playing so the drops shoud be better this month Jason. I put lots of time in on WhiteWater, which is a great table. Creech got some playtime as well as Tron, but I only claimed a GC score on WW.

Thanks again Jason and GameGalaxy for putting this on.

#633 11 years ago

Hey Erik, did you pick up that Independence Day last week off of Craigslist? I saw it posted and thought about it, but haven't played one. I figured one of you guys would grab it.

Somebody needs go buy that Starship Troopers also, I'm sick of lookin at it in my search results.

#642 11 years ago

LotR and AFM

of the given choices TZ gets my vote.

#645 11 years ago

I've got a nice TFTC I'd trade for the Whitewater.

1 week later
#682 11 years ago

Are the super expensive classic games like I, Robot and Dragon's Lair II available for play in the Museum?

#689 11 years ago

Sadly I, Robot was the one I wanted to play again. And that's one that can't really be relived properly thru emulation IMHO.

I had a deal fall through locally for a DLII for $400 about a year ago. I would have loved to have gotten it.

#725 11 years ago

Ok guys, so what's the current museum pin lineup and how do they play??

Is the museum going to be open tomorrow as well? I have a friend going to Nashville with his daughter and they were gonna try to go. He'll probably just go to the regular arcade regardless.

#730 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Did anyone here get the HUO TSPP on Craigslist today? It didn't last long at $3,000.

Never saw that one, but Chris if you're here and reading this I looked at your ad and IMO your pin prices are Insane,and so are most of your vids. The only things even close to market priced in that entire ad were the Joust arcade or Cap&Avengers arcade.(If not a conversion)

Seriously other 'siders, how long do you think he's gonna sit on this stuff at those prices in a freakin recession?

Also while I'm being inquisitive, what're the locals opinions of Jon and his Garage Showroom. I met him about a year ago and he seemed nice enough, I was there interested in the Marilyn Taxi. I fould it to be a little less than "collector quality" for the price. He did let me play the Bonzai Run which was nicely shopped and really fun. Also played the NGG that he had sold by the time I had enough for it. Anyone have any testimonials about dealing with him?

#733 11 years ago

I updated the museum machines on the map from today's thread pics. I didn't include MNF.

Edit: Added MNF after seing the above post.

#746 11 years ago

Like I said I have met Jon, he was very forthcoming with the humblebrag about selling several machines to Jack White. I'm cool with him doing what he does, rah-rah captialism and all that. I guess Chris is just trying to dip into Jon's preferred market of first time buyers with more enthusiasm and cash than sense.

You guy's shouldn't have told me Chris is a pastor though, now I'm for sure he's a crook!!!

#781 11 years ago

Hey Jason here's a Gilligan's for $1300, posted 5/23, Branson, MO

springfield.craigslist.org link

#793 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I just realized we are both in Memphis that Saturday

Scouting locations for a Memphis GameGalaxy I hope !

If either of you want to stop by in town and play a few games just give me a shout. Erik you can bring your toolbox too if you're feeling froggy, a few of my games have issues too!

Seriously though, open invitation to any pinsiders passing thru/visiting Memphis.

Richard

#849 11 years ago

Hey, sorry to hear about the Mall closing, Memphis is in about the same boat as Nashville as far as malls are concerned. Your closest situation to what you have in Nashville would probably be the Ralleigh Springs Mall or Hickory Ridge Mall. Other malls (Wolfchase Galleria and Oak Court are probably too size and or rent $$ prohibitive. You may do well in a strip mall adjacent to a big movie theatre here though. Of course memphis is overloaded with cheap warehouse spaces. It's a mega-hub for trucking companies and FedEx of course. I could store some games for you(room for 15-20 in garage), possibly all of them at my work (you would have to work this out with my boss). Jason if you want to call me to discuss or while in town you can find my number on my wtb ad on the memphis craiglist.

Also Jason I know this probably is probably gonna be sky-high priced (I know the seller) here's a TFTC from today on the Memphis CL.

memphis.craigslist.org link

Richard

1 week later
#973 11 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it over to give you boys another lesson on flipper skillz. I thought I'd try to make it to the first one in Huntsville, but that lineup isn't really doing it for me. So hopefully the tourneys will still be mostly in Antioch at the old Best Buy place or whatever the new site is.

Glad to see that thing are looking up in regards to the new locations, sorry to see that Memphis didn't make the cut though.

Congrats to today's winner(in advance). Y'all are probably playing the finals game as I type this.

Next time though suckas, I"m gonna bring my A game..........

#980 11 years ago

Congrats jayhawkai! Great tournament lineup this time. Bummer that I couldn't make it up to stink the finals up with my crappy Addams Family skillz.(Presuming that I made the finals )

Hopefully all will be up and going at the new site soon. Much luck to you Jason & crew with your imminent relocations. I'm glad to see you fellow up in N'ville trying hard to keep location pinball a reality.

Crash big ups to you as well for keeping your games on route and playable. Thx for the tourney pics as well. That Pinball Magic is one I'm looking forward to get some time in on.

#981 11 years ago

Uhh, I see a AL written on a post-it note above the price(!!!) on the Pinball Magic in the pics.... I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

#982 11 years ago

Whew nevermind, false alarm. I was looking at the Black Rose by the Addams Fam.

#1024 11 years ago

Anyone else responding to the LOTR for $1000 on the Bowling Green, KY CraigsList? I emailed him this morning and have gotten no reply yet. I did get a robocall shortly afterwards making me wonder if somone is just phishing for valid phone #'s. Anyone here have a similar experience?

If someone from here picked it up congrats, that's one hella good catch!!

1 month later
#1270 11 years ago

Hey any of you nash'siders planning on going to PAPA next month? I'm thinking about going and looking for someone to split the travel expenses with. Feel free to PM or just respond in thread.

1 week later
#1335 11 years ago

Heads up nash'siders, posted today 2 free pinball machines on CL.

nashville.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#1404 11 years ago

So what's the word on the electricity Jason? Hopefully they made it out today as promised.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1472 11 years ago

no PAPA trip for me so I'm gonna try to come up and get some time in on Xmen

#1505 11 years ago

Jason are you open to trades on the Guns or are you looking for a cash sale?

#1507 11 years ago

Yeah Crash, I didn't get there until after 3, stayed til 8. Xmen kicked my ass.

#1509 11 years ago

T2 was about the ony one I didn't play. Earthshaker played well. Best game I put up was on Sopranos which seemed to be freshly shopped as well. Lovin the new price structure, too bad the gas to drive up & back is so expensive.

#1511 11 years ago

I spoke a little to Jay whom I remembered from the prev. tournaments and saw a few other guys in there playing but didn't bother them. I belive Jason said pinside member discoboy was doing some repair work while I was there as well.

#1550 11 years ago

Damn I hate that I missed the new games. Is Monster Bash gonna be there for a spell or was it just for the night? I crushed the xbox360 version I downloaded today on the second game, I look forward to the real thing being alot more challenging.

Also, who won the tournament?

1 week later
#1685 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Jason you better be compensating him for that kind of work. Getting paid to shop games? In my book that's not work at all, but pure fun.

Hey Crash, I can start bringing a game a week up for you to "have fun" with once the tourneys move to Sat.

#1690 11 years ago

So what you're saying is I need to open up another arcade in Nashville to get free labor on my games? No problem.

1 week later
#1759 11 years ago

You've got a keeper there! How well does it play? (the pincake that is)

#1816 11 years ago

I wouldn't say it's a deal. It is displayed with no legs, you can count on it needing to have the boards repaired or replaced. If you can do the shop work yourself I'd say sure. The playfield doesn't look blown out from the CL pics, some wear around the pops maybe. It also appears to be in a thrift store or consignment shop setting. I'd offer $200 and be willing to go to $275 for it. You could spend upwards of $600 getting it back to where it needs to be.

Flash Gordon is a super fun table IMHO and suprisingly deep for the era. I'd go for it if I were up there.

#1817 11 years ago

Flash does have a pretty bad spot of wear I see above the 7 insert after zooming the pic. Can't really tell much of the upper pf. It would make a great player regardless. Pinball isn't about having a pristine table to me anyway.(Although they too are really nice to get to play on)

#1854 11 years ago

EM's can be fun!! Of course they play slower but the challenge on many is greater than on SS games.

Here's a list of my players and project EM's, I could bring one or two up for a tournament day if requested(and weather permitting).

Players:
Abra Ca Dabra
Alladin's Castle
Capt. Fantastic
Card Whiz
Delta Queen
El Dorado
Paradise
Wizard!

Resto Projects:
King of Diamonds
Magic City
Masquerade
Olympics
Shangri-La

Also to Jason, you don't really have to fear for the EM's breaking as much as they are pretty much self sustaining once tuned correctly. Parts are cheap and so are the games themselves due to the ever-decreasing number of EM collectors. Personally I think it would be nice to have a couple from every era represented, but I realize you are running a business, not a Museum.

See you guys on Sun!

Richard

#1868 11 years ago

Mystic you better jump on this one! I see it's on your wishlist.

#1870 11 years ago

Or possibly someone used it as a boat anchor.

#1877 11 years ago

I emailed him with an offer of $70 a couple of hours ago

#1878 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Everything else in that place we picked up in one bulk buy. Lucky Seven, Tron, etc.

Is that a Bally Corvette in there too?

#1879 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Is that a Bally Corvette in there too?

NVM I see it's a Checkpoint, on the LW3 did you try to salvage the playfield parts or plastics before it got stomped?

#1881 11 years ago

Sorry apparently my reading comprehension sucks!

#1894 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Which games are the tournament games this week?

Sept. 9th: Back to the Future, X-Men, Elvira
Sept. 16th: Fishtales, Twilight Zone, Tron
Sept. 23rd: Monster Bash, Dr. Who, Guns N’ Roses

#1896 11 years ago

Hey Jason have you inquired about getting the league setup to award WPPR points. It's totally free and would be a big plus for the players. I'm ready to start climbing the ladder.

#1897 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You gonna make the trip up Richard?

If my tires hold up for the trip, gonna bring a friend this time too. He will probably kick all our asses....... except for Jamie obvs.

#1900 11 years ago

WPPR stands for World Pinball Player Ranking, basicly you just run software or keep scores for all players and the players get to be ranked worldwide.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/

http://www.ifpapinball.com/top-menu/ifpa-leagues

#1901 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

At the auction right now....some highlights just for Friday Night:

Simpsons Pinball Party
Black Hole
Police Force
Spider-Man
NBA Fastbreak x 2
Fish Tales
Rescue 911
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
X-Men LE Magneto

Oh yeah!

Two Fastbreaks linked at GG !! This would be awesome!!!!!!!

I'd buy the second one off you if the linked play gets no love. It's one I want.

#1903 11 years ago

No joke, it's a seriously fun table. Hate on it if you want but it's a winner IMO. The head to head linked play seems cool to me as well. I haven't played the game linked, but I've had some time on this table at CPPinball w/ the final code(both basketball & regular points scoring) and a friends house with older code(just basketball scoring) and it's a quality game. It ain't no Shaq Attack.

#1919 11 years ago

The beatdowns start at 4pm.

#1958 11 years ago

Hey Jason, if you want to omit mine and Kevin's scores for the the league standings that's cool with me. I didn't think about it messing with your numbers considering we won't be back each week. Also the tilt settings on Monster Bash made me cry. I think I tilted once by just pressing the flipper too hard. I looked over and the xmen was just short of being thrown in the air with nary a warning. Tilts hurt me on BTTF and Elvira as well.

Jay,(I think) if you want pics of that MNF just pm me and I'll get them to you. My buddy says $750.

Also to whomever said within earshot of Kevin that he "did pretty well for a black dude", Realy??? I don"t even know where to begin to explain.......

#1962 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

As for the comment... Wow...

I don't care if someone thought it or even said it.(Because let's face it"s true he is black and did pretty good!). In and of itself it's not really a super inflamitory/racist statement.

It's the fact that it was within his range of hearing that leaves me wondering if somone was just being insensitive or intentionally an overt racist. Kevin mentioned it, so that's worth me calling it to everyone's attention here. If I knew who it were I would have just kept this info to PM status.

Anyway, thanks again Jason for having the tourneys, will def be back again.

#1975 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Hey Richard, it won't hurt the standings at all.

I'll check on the tilt stuff, Rob messes with those more than I do. Monster Bash I know I had 1 195,000,000 score and as you know I almost lift the machines in the air sometimes, lol..

Do you know of any other deals in your area besides that MNF?

And who really would say that about Kevin? That makes no sense.....I know some stuff I heard was "Wow, Kevin beat Richard" and that was it from the guys I was talking to, so not sure who said that.....

The problem with the tilt on MB was that once you got any tilt warning the tilt was then unstopppable. And it took very little nudge to get that. I'd imagine the plum bob is about 3mm from the ring and leaning more to the left side. That said I understand the need for having tight tilts on your high dollar stuff.

In regards to deals. Memphis seems to be a pinball wasteland. Like you I keep a WTB on my local CL and come across games occasionally. I hoover them up like a vaccum to keep them out of the hands of a pair of local flippers that are just in it for the dough. I don't have my collection viewable anymore here on Pinside because more than half are project machines waiting for repair.

And lastly, about the "black dude/guy" comment, like I said it's not a big deal but worth mentioning. Kev got his feelings hurt, then got over it. Water under the bridge at this point.

#1979 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

if you do come across something I may want and want to get some extra bucks, just let me know....no problem helping you out on that end....

So far when I sell a game, I sell for what I have in it to other local collectors. Only sold three tables since I started collecting again, 1 was a dupe machine, 1 an Atari widebody parts machine for a locals VP project, and finally... a DE Star Wars about a week before the guy announced the new code project here on Pinside.

The MNF is part of a 2 machine deal I kicked over to the buddy that shops my games, I didn't have the funds at the time. He has several games of his own in the queue, some of those might be for sale. If you want to PM me a wishlist I can pass it onto him.

#1987 11 years ago

I probably won't be back for another tourney til Big Bang Bar week. Def coming then........

1 month later
#2334 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Today is the last day of League III...

after this it is going to be awhile before we have another

How about just going to a monthly/bi-monthly tournament (on a weekend day) that will give everyone a chance to plan accordingly, the turnout should be a lot better I would imagine.

Also a local Memphis collector has some nice stuff up for grabs here. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mm-afm-elvis-diner-more%E2%80%A6in-memphis-tn.
He's got a hell of a nice collection going on over at his place.

2 weeks later
#2415 11 years ago

That's potentially very good news for the GG, Jason I hope you can work something out with the new owner and get your business back to where it was before. I plan on coming up for the next tourney if you still need whatever game it was up from Memphis shoot me a PM and I'll get it up there.

#2439 11 years ago

I actually like the new location better than the old(more space, less gunfire), but Jason has said that business fell off after the move. So I would like him to be in whichever spot he's making more dough. I presume the majority of the income for GG is in buying stolen *cough* I mean used consoles and games and reselling on ebay, I would think that the Mall spot would be better for that despite the fact that he's got less room for pins.

2 months later
#2977 11 years ago

Globetrotters missing displays, nice BG though, what I'd like is the Tommy in Huntsville.....

1 month later
#3168 11 years ago

Is this Saturday's tourney still a go? And how have the turnouts been? I was thinking about coming up again.

It's head to head brackets now right? Not just points distributed for best scores on X machine like when Jason was running it.

1 month later
#3364 11 years ago

So one week until the next tournament. I like the new(really the old) format. I'm gonna come and possibly bring a couple other players. I'm looking forward to getting schooled again by Will.

#3365 11 years ago

The side tournament last time was cool, hope to see another one of those this time as well.

Jason do you ever play in the lineup now that you're not running it? I'd like to see you and Will go head to head. Homefield advantage notwithstanding....

#3372 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Will did email me and said he was going to miss this month's tourney.

What no IFPA points this time around? j/k Will...

Sorry to hear he won't be there to smear my scores.

Seriously though, too bad he can't make it. Hopefully a good turnout nonetheless. Jason it's cool with me if you want to compete.

3 weeks later
#3573 10 years ago

I'd say +300 if you make the drive, +600 if he brings it to you. Both are slightly overvalued IMO but his less so than yours. The LOTR cab is pretty well beat up. Both are great games that I'd love to own one day.

4 weeks later
#3741 10 years ago

Always great to see new players at the tournaments, I caught some good breaks and barely squeaked out the last game with Arron on MET. Had I not gotten a super-lucky random EB from the Mystery scoop it would have been a different outcome for sure. So no small amount of luck was a factor.

Huge thanks to Aaron, Jason and Richard for making it happen. Looking forward to the next time I can come up.

2 weeks later
#3803 10 years ago

That link is hella deceptive Crash! I saw it and thought that Jason was going to bring a GG to Memphis. I was kinda sad after clicking the link.

1 week later
#3828 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Maybe I just need to upgrade the speakers instead

go for the shaker

#3835 10 years ago

Whoops,I forgot to add SF II when I picked it up a couple of months ago.

Jason I'd be happy to work some kind of trade for Millionaire if your looking for one. It's a project game that's way down the list to take to my local resto/tech.

Any Nashville area pinsiders that can shop & tech games have a look at my collection(public for a lmtd. time), if you see something that you'd like and willing to trade out work shoot me a pm. I can transport games to nashville on tourney days.

3 weeks later
#3891 10 years ago

Hold up a sec.....

22 machines!! Details man, is Jon(from Franklin) shutting down the pinball garage? Someone else liquidating an estate? Let's see a list, surely there are gonna be a few dupes you want to flip real quick. Hint, hint.....

3 weeks later
#3960 10 years ago

So is it safe to assume Will win the last tourney? I know I stunk it up big-time, 9th out of 11.

I did learn some good strategy watching Will decimate WH2O, so not a total loss for the day. Good to see the regulars as well. Never a bad time playing pinball. Thanks again to Erin and Jason & crew for making it happen.

#3963 10 years ago

Whoops, sorry Aaron! I though I saw it spelled the other way on one of the score sheets and thought I was getting it wrong before when I spelled it correctly.

1 week later
#4009 10 years ago

Whodunnit is totally awesome!! Lack of a wizard mode is the only thing keeping it from being an A lister. That and the lopsided scoring with the Roulette. Super fun game to me nonetheless. I look forward to putting up a new GC score next time I'm up there.

#4021 10 years ago

Hey Jason, how much for a candy cab? Are they Jamma?

#4023 10 years ago

If you bring any more in I would be interested in a 1p vertical and a 2p horizontal.

#4036 10 years ago

Hey Aaron, if weather permits I could bring up my freshly dialed in player's EBD for the tourney.

Or in keeping with Jason's past tourneys I could bring up a mystery game, no BBB but rare enough that most people won't normally have a chance to play outside of conventions/shows.

PM if interested.

#4037 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Crash, I wouldn't say it is "going well" by any means. I will be actively looking for another location so we can leave by August 2014.

Memphis Game Galaxy, make it so....

2 weeks later
#4072 10 years ago

Banzai Run!!!!!!

#4074 10 years ago

More like racing halfway across the state, but yes indeed I will be making a trip to play it if you put it out on location. How far back in your restoration queue is it? It'd be a great game for the Dec. tourney. Hint, hint...

4 weeks later
#4201 10 years ago

Did they pre-inscribe Will's name on the plaque?

#4206 10 years ago

So is Star Trek getting a code update before the launch party? I thought they would've put out an update for expo this weekend.

1 week later
#4232 10 years ago

The GG page on the book o'faces says the tourney starts at 7pm. Larry posted that there would be other side tourneys.

#4242 10 years ago

Go for the Indy. Arguably not at fun as STNG, but highly sought after & worth 1-2k more. You could easily trade it down the road for a STNG +cash.

2 weeks later
#4267 10 years ago

Good Luck to Aaron and Will in the Georgia Open tourney today! Kick some ass!

#4271 10 years ago

Just read in another thread that Will took 2nd place in the Georgia tourney! That kid can play a mean pinball...

#4275 10 years ago

Congrats Aaron! 3rd place in B is nothing to sneeze at. You should get hella points for the national rankings between that and the Star Trek launch victory you're gonna be shooting up the ranks.

#4296 10 years ago

Hey somebody snap this up... Chicago Cubs pin $350 Mt. Juliet

#4300 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Isn't Aaron the Cubs fan? (poor guy)

It's on his wish list, I sent him a PM.

There was a $1k High Speed also up when I posted earlier.

3 weeks later
#4338 10 years ago

It looks like Icemageddon 2013 is going to keep me in Memphis this weekend, good luck to those braving the elements to make it.

Aaron, what's the word on whether there's gonna be a tourney for 2013 state champ? Did you ever hear back from the IFPA guys about it?

#4343 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I did look into it, and it really doesn't work for those states that only have one league, like Tennessee.
I forget the exact specifics, but it was something like the first 10 or 12 players entries fees went to the national prize pool. With a limited number of entrants it just didn't make financial sense.

It's only $100 to the IFPA, do it! The entry fee would have to go up to $30 ($20 to pool/$10 to GG) with the first 5 entries to the pool going to IFPA. The prize money isn't important IMO, a rinky-dink trophy(along w/ bragging rights for a year) and the invitation to play in the national tournament are the real prizes.

3 weeks later
#4463 10 years ago

Team Memphis is looking forward to steamrolling over you Nashville punks this Sat. Jason, hope to see you jump in and compete.

Unfortunately I've got a huge annual inventory on Sun at my work so I'm trying to get fully prepped for it by Friday, if my work needs me here Sat to wrap up I might have to skip this one.

Quick question for Aaron about the tourneys, will Will be able to compete in the IFPA Nationals representing TN since we didn't do a championship tourney?

#4478 10 years ago

I'm not gonna be able to make it up tomorrow, I've got to work, good luck to everyone that's going

3 weeks later
#4617 10 years ago

Hey fatcat, I found a RFM and a POTC over the weekend. I'll get them added to the map today. You can come get some time in on my tables as well. Just shoot me a PM.

Looking forward to the next GG tourney, lots of great games added since I was up last.

#4618 10 years ago

Also Memphis might not be such a pinball location wasteland for much longer....there may be an quasi-EPIC announcement coming in a couple months.

#4621 10 years ago
Quoted from FatCat1276:

Well, hell must have just frozen over because I found a Stern Monopoly in Memphis that is actually in pretty decent shape. It's the first (working) pin I've found on location in the area. Seemed to work fine, except that the BANK target didn't register sometimes, but everything else seemed to be working. It's not as nice as Jason's at Game Galaxy, but when you're in the pinball wasteland known as Memphis, you take anything you can get.
The replay score was also insanely low-- I won about 5 credits from replays, so that was nice.
I added it to the database--now we have a total of 2 locations in the Memphis area, woohoo!

I just added two more pins to the local map for Memphis, that makes 4!

#4623 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Richard is Wash World a new business? A place with that same name just closed here in Lebanon 3 weeks ago.

The laundry has been there for years, I don't know if it's been the same name/ownership. It exists in the MSU campus/housing area of town.

On another note, Crash I'd like to buy a few(3) of the lost world targets from the ones you've got on CL if you can break the set. They look like they'd work on VND w/ the targets swapped. I need 2 and 1 for backup. Mine have the housings held together with electrical tape right now.

I'm psyched for this weekend, going to a Super Bowl party where the host has a kick-ass collection of pins. I don't care a thing about the football, I'm mainly going to get some good practice before the tourney at GG the following weekend. The good food and company are just icing on the cake.

Hey Jason, what ever happened with the Millionaire I brought up? Ever get it up and going?

1 week later
#4637 10 years ago

Calling for 1-2 inches of snow tonight down here in Memphis, won't be making it up tomorrow if the roads are iced.

#4640 10 years ago

What's up Eric! It's a Gtb. Super Spin at Three Angels and it needs work, thanks for the info on the RFM's. I'll be checking out that Godzilla too.

#4642 10 years ago

Good luck to everybody in today's tourney! The weather has spared you this month

4 weeks later
#4679 10 years ago

Good luck guys! Wish I could've made it up to knock all the pro's dicks into the dirt, y'all rep TN real good in my absence.

4 weeks later
#4753 10 years ago

The pain train just pulled out of the station. See you guys and gals at 2:00.

#4756 10 years ago

Big ups to Jay for the tourney win yesterday! Clinched the Finals win before we plunged the first ball on the third table. So well deserved! The pain train apparently was malfunctioning and hobbled back to the Memphis station with fourth. Aaron and Curtis had a tiebreaker for 2nd on Metallica and I think Curtis won.

As always big thanks to Jason, Richard, Jaime and the other GG crew. Thanks as well to Aaron for the doing the director's job. Had a great time as always.

#4766 10 years ago

'Sup nashsiders, how about some epic news?

I put some games out for the lulz down here!

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/garibaldis-pizza-6572-memphis-tn-united-states

#4769 10 years ago

Thanks but FYI, I don't refer to myself as "the pain train", that was just a joke!

3 weeks later
#4816 9 years ago

Anyone going to get a preview tonight? If so please put up a list of the tables, I'm still debating on whether I should bring one or two up to b/s/t with.

#4820 9 years ago

Thanks for the report! Is the buyback $10, it doesn't state specifically on the website.

#4823 9 years ago

Well I ended up staying in Memphis and running a cat to the vet. $$$

Hope there are some good deals up there for you guys. I'd have probably brought home the em shooters if they end up going cheap. If anybody sees Mike Chestnut please tell him I'm sorry I couldn't make it(I asked him to bring a DH gun for me to buy).

#4824 9 years ago

Everybody meet Goldie, the worlds most expensive pinball topper.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-425.jpgimage-425.jpg
#4828 9 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

I came close to buying the LW3 at the end as it was nice for the money it went for but when I factored in the 10% premium and 9.25% tax I passed:

You could have just put a game in and bought it back to save the buyers premium. Sales tax would have been trickier, you would have to 'borrow' Jason's tax ID.

I hope the auction went well for the guys putting it on and they have more in the future, it would be great to have semi-regular auctions within driving distance.

2 weeks later
#4859 9 years ago

Good luck to everyone in today's tourney! Wish I could've made it up there, the lineup this month is killer. Thanks again to Aaron, Jason and GG staff for running the show!

1 month later
#4943 9 years ago

Make Congo the giveaway and I'll make the drive weekly no problem

2 months later
#5064 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

See you on the 11th at 2:00pm, and don't forget about the Walking Dead launch party on November 1st!

TWD lauch party @ Bumpernets in Birmingham on the 24th too.

#5076 9 years ago

Dammit, guess I'll be up since TWD made it there. Was thinking about holding out and just doing the launch parties, but I can't sit home knowing TWD is just a hop, skip and 3 hour drive away.

3 weeks later
#5112 9 years ago

I know what it is!!!! But I ain't telling...

1 week later
#5122 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Putting in my votes for the tournament.
Xenon
World Cup Soccer (playing great right now!)
Sorcerer
Sopranos, or Fish Tales if the safe isn't working

I will kill this lineup, bring it!!

3 months later
#5224 9 years ago

Damn, sorry to hear about the low turnout. I had to work unfortunately. There's going to be a charity tournament this Sat on my tables @ Garibaldi's Pizza if any of you guys want to come down. There will be IFPA points awarded. I'm not competing or running the tourney, but I'll be there to make sure the games are in tourney mode and set to freeplay.

https://m.facebook.com/events/643180262470754/

https://roundtown.com/event/3890888/Tilted-Hearts-Pinball-Tournament-Memphis-TN

5 months later
#5513 8 years ago

Good luck to all those representing TN at Pinburgh!!! Looks to be the most kickass tourney ever, I'm super jealous of you guys & gal(s) that will be playing.

1 week later
#5549 8 years ago

I won't be able to come next month. We're having a tournament on my games in Memphis on Sept 5th also. Sorry I know that makes all you guys sad.

4 months later
#5681 8 years ago

I'm not gonna make it up this month guys, good luck to everybody and I hope y'all have a good turnout. SOF is looking good Erik, looking forward to get a game on it next time I make it up. Thanks to Jason and all the tourney crew for keeping the competitions going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fumbleflippers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=fumbleflippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.