tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tyson1868.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4443 10 years ago

What games are in the tourney on the 4th? I can't find any info on the website.

#4447 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

According to what Aaron told me it's:
Star Trek
White Water
Tales from the Crypt
Shadow

Thank you crash.

1 week later
#4465 10 years ago

Just thought I would pass this on. I have tried a couple of the scheduled games for the upcoming tourney and White water lost a right flipper button during play and was not acting right. TFTC has instances where the left flipper will not flip. Like I said just passing this on to the powers that be. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Come on people and support your local pinball game room so we can continue to have the opportunity to play these great games!

#4468 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

White Water will be addressed today, Tales from the Crypt has the drop target thing which will be checked out today.

Thank you!!

JEW
the man... the pinball legend...

#4471 10 years ago

Phurba... I dont even know her?

#4499 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Ah crap, no boards means it is a gobbler.....
Curtis is Tyson1968 on Pinside...
LOL, don't worry guys, eventually Space Jam and Dale Jr will go....
Now for more important stuff, anyone have a switch part # for Monopoly for the Chance/Community Chest hole?

So much for subterfuge...

You said community chest hole....

#4544 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Here are some of the things at the auction so far:
South ParkSpider-Man x 2Monopoly x 2Black PyramidSharkey's ShootoutJurassic Park Lost WorldRescue 911Frank Thomas Big Hurt BaseballSpecial ForceEight Ball Deluxe x 2Monster BashIndiana Jones SternBreakshotBig HousePlayboy Stern
I am sure there are more...

Great job on Scared Stiff.

Spiderman and Monster bash.

I know you are not a MB fan so make Spiderman happen big cheese.

Also thank you very much for STTNG!!! A great pin.

CB

#4549 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Ok, so Spiderman for $4250. I'm in the ballpark.
January tournament results will be sent tonight and they usually update within a few days. Sorry for the delay.

No problem and you are doing all the work so thanks go to you. We really appreciate the effort you extend to the league. Bravo!

#4550 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Monster Bash went for $7450 and it was not in the shape for the money it commanded. We've had it at the arcade before, just an overrated pin in my opinion.
I bought Spiderman for $4400, the first one went for $4350....
Spider-Man is going to be on quarters....no way around that one....Scared Stiff will be on Free Play....not sure when these will be up, there's a lot of stuff for us to do in the arcade and move around.
Someone needs to buy my Comet.....BADLY.

Great news.

Spiderman here we go!

Question? We pay GG cover charge first then quarter games are available to those who wish to play them?

Thank you.

2 weeks later
#4614 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just submitted scores from the January tournament to the IFPA. If one were to make New Year's resolutions, a good one would be to submit scores in a more timely manner. They will probably update the rankings in a day or two.
Next tournament is on February 8th.

Ain't gonna be the same with you absent from the tourney. Get back soon and thanks for posting.

1 week later
#4634 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

RUST.......

IMG_0042[1].JPG 145 KB
IMG_0029[1].JPG 293 KB

The only thing rusty is your pinball skills big cheese!

Whoa!!

#4647 10 years ago

Crash thanks for the congrats however you don't have to worry about me dominating tournaments as Will did. He is in another class alltogether. There were 5 at the last tourney and it was very close, I got lucky. What we need is a big turnout at GG for the tournaments to promote the activity. Let's hope next month's tournament doesn't fall on the same date as the Louisville arcade expo.

Thanks to all and esp. Jason at GG!!

I need to meet you at the BSD location one day for a game soon. Let me know a good time.

#4653 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Louisville Expo is March 7-9. We'll come back in April then. We'll tentatively shoot for April 5th. Mark your calendars!

That sounds good.

Thank you Aaron.

1 month later
#4722 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just a reminder, tournament on April 5th at 2:00pm! http://www.midtnpinball.com.

Aaron,

Have you given any thought to the game selection? Lots of new choices thanks to the great folks at GG!

Batman, Spiderman, Transformers, Godzirah.

Congo...

#4741 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

My plan is to go to GG this weekend to scout out what's new and playing the best. I'll post as soon as I'm done to give everyone a chance to watch PAPA videos, etc.
An early favorite is Metallica with the new code.

Thanks!

Watched the Papa TV live broadcast of the circuit finals yesterday and the final game on CFTBL was epic with Kieth Elwin bringing home the belt. The next broadcast is this Sunday for the Pinburgh finals. Lots of fun and I think it is ESPN worthy.

#4747 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Congrats on your Dracula acquisition Curtis!

Quoted from myork82:

Yeah I hear that. A remodel will be cool. Two suggestions.... I know here we go.
Jukebox and some neon! That is all
Yep congrats on Drac Curtis. Its a nice one for sure!

Thank you and Thank you!!

#4748 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Lots of info posted to the league site (http://www.midtnpinball.com) about upcoming tournament and other pinball events in the area - check it out!
The cliff notes - here is the lineup for the next league event on Saturday April 5th at 2:00pm at Game Galaxy.
Metallica (New 1.5.1 code)Creature from the Black LagoonElektra (set to 5 balls)Transformers (by popular request!)Alternate Game - Tron
Game Galaxy was packed this Saturday. Even without an area for cake. Congrats Jason!
See you guys and gals next weekend!

Thanks for picking Elektra for the tournament. I started playing and now I can't stop. What a fantastic pin!! Great rule set and sharp shooter accuracy required. never broke 10^6 and high score is 4 X 10^6.

1 week later
#4768 10 years ago

Great job Jay!!

Tournaments are lots of fun and steadily increasing in size.

Thanks to the Pain Train for the new Memphis location games! See you there soon.

WORD

#4771 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Thanks but FYI, I don't refer to myself as "the pain train", that was just a joke!

As one would have it, I in fact, do refer to myself as a joke!

#4774 10 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just a heads up that Trey, who played in our last tournament for the first time, has two machines on location at Liquid Smoke in Murfreesboro. T2 and HS. Played them both tonight and they're both in awesome shape. Best bar in the city IMO.
http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/liquid-smoke-1-murfreesboro-tn-united-states

Great! A good reason to take a late lunch and play pins for a couple hours. It seems they open at 2

#4776 10 years ago

Congrats to Diskoboy for putting up over 300 X 10^6 on Metallica!!

2 weeks later
1 month later
#4880 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

just a little cleaning.......

clean0.png 3.2 MB

Keep going Gold Rush is OTW!!

4 months later
#5063 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Sorry for the delay, here's the lineup for next weekend's tournament.
AC/DC ProIndy 500Scared StiffDemolition ManAlternates: Dracula, Metallica
See you on the 11th at 2:00pm, and don't forget about the Walking Dead launch party on November 1st!

Williams is DA MAN!

#5070 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

i should be there for the tourney this sat

Is this a threat??

1 month later
#5135 9 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Hey guys as Aaron said, I'm going to be heading up the December 6th tournament at Game Galaxy. Rather than me select 4 games for us to play, I thought it would be fun and democratic to vote on the 4 to have out of a preselected bank of 12 games. Voting starts now and will officially end on November 30th for the December tournament. Feel free to vote publicly or to just PM me. Also, even if you don't regularly participate in the tournament, don't be afraid to cast a vote if you just want to punish us with a particularly challenging game on the list.
Pick 4 of the following:Xenon-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ballCentar-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ballBatman Dark KnightWorld Cup SoccerGladiatorsSorcererFish TalesSopranosElvira and the Party MonstersMonday Night FootballWhirlwindStar Wars
See you around in the arcade

Picks:

WCS
Sorcerer
WW
Xenon

Thank you.

1 week later
#5160 9 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

All just a friendly tournament reminder that the next tournament will be December 6th at Game Galaxy Antioch at 2pm. We are voting for the 4 games that will be played from a list of games. Voting ends on November 30th. Also if you've voted for Xenon, we are going to have to pull it so feel free to send me an alternate game if you voted for that one. PM or reply with your votes from the following list:
CentarBatman Dark KnightWorld Cup SoccerGladiatorsSorcererFish TalesSopranosElvira and the Party MonstersMonday Night FootballWhirlwindStar Wars

Centar to sub for Xenon as my replacement.

Also I had:
WCS
WW
Sorcerer

3 weeks later
#5201 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I would vote:GladiatorsMetallicaMonster BashElvira

Same here.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#5214 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Let's make it official - the tournament is a week from tomorrow. See you there!
RockyIronManBatman Dark KnightCyclone
Alternate - spiderman, Doctor Who

Thank you Aaron!

#5215 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Let's make it official - the tournament is a week from tomorrow. See you there!
RockyIronManBatman Dark KnightCyclone
Alternate - spiderman, Doctor Who

Wait is the tournement is Saturday Feb 7 correct? The post said a week from now but I think thats a typo

1 week later
#5218 9 years ago

Good looking BOOBwatch!

2 months later
1 month later
#5329 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am finalizing dates, I am thinking whatever format is approved by IFPA and we do them 4 straight weeks, 1st-5th get points. Saturdays for each starting at 2pm. TWO locations, Rivergate Mall being the second location.
Still working on a few things with it but will be able to get more info on how I want the format soon. You will have a 30 day notice for each in this 4 week Saturday season. July being most likely month, after the Atlanta thing and before the Pittsburgh tournament.

Jason this sounds great. We will see if others agree.

#5330 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Jason - very cool you're asking for our opinions on this. I always like a nice mix of old/new. Viper would be cool to play - awesome backglass.
Another bump for the tournament on the 6th. Calling the game list on this one the 'Southern-Fried Warm Up', as these games are expected to be in the tournament at the Atlanta show.
Fish TalesAddams FamilyBram Stokers DraculaFathomAlernate: Something by Stern
In other news... here's the clearcoated Future Spa awaiting a rebuild. future.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Aarron this looks fantastic!

#5334 8 years ago

How about one night during the week? Or biweekly? Anything y'all come up with is fine with me. Im just happy to play more pinball.

#5335 8 years ago

I meant bimonthly sorry

#5339 8 years ago

I am willing to volunteer and I know others will as well. Why don't we get some people in place and assign tasks.

#5349 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So to be clear the tourney we are talking about is late June, not June 6 (Fish Tales, Addams Family, Bram Stokers Dracula, Fathom)?

Will and I have had issues with FT and may not work well as a tourney choice. The ball is auto cast for every ball and player. Also, the left flipper sticks. I DO NOT want to start WWIII but maybe an alternate would be better. For example, if a player tilts the next player's ball will be auto cast and that player will most likely tilt as FT has a tight tilt. Not much fun in that. Fathom multiball is not correct but I am personally fine playing it as is. Just passing along friendly facts. I am very happy with our arcade!

#5351 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Since this one is Williams themed, possible to replace Fish Tales with Whirlwind?

I will leave the decision making to others but that is fine with me, great game and plays well.

Do what now = Southern for pardon me.

1 week later
#5375 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Hey guys,
Couple of quick things) I just found out I'm going to get to come down from Evansville for the KISS Launch, and at the risk of this sounding somewhat lame, I'll go ahead and say, I'm actually newly a very big Kiss fan, and was wondering what some of the machine-related prizes will be. Any awesome Kiss stuff up for grabs?
2) Also, and this isn't 100% for sure yet, but it looks like the family and I are going to be moving back to TN in August. Just wanted to say that if we do, I'll be at every tournament possible and am gonna try my best to bring several new faces out often too!
See you all soon!

Welcome Back!

#5378 8 years ago

+1 for Larry and Jason!!

#5379 8 years ago

The Peter Chris comment is bordering on blasphemy!

1 week later
#5425 8 years ago

Understanding what Stern games rule are related to if... lets say... they remade a certain title.

IM>Tron> LOTR

To each their own.

AMH is a GREAT GAME!

#5437 8 years ago

In the past the MTPL tourneys at GG have been scheduled to avoid the major expos such as SFGE, Louisville. August 1st is right in the middle of Pinburgh and some of our regular players will be attending. If the second weekend in August is available that would not conflict. I say this for two reasons, first I would like to attend if possible along with others to ensure the maximum amout of people, and we have scheduled this way previously. Keep us posted.

#5439 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Good idea, thanks! We'll tentatively plan for the 8th and once things are firmed up I'll post in all the usual places. Thanks for the heads up.

Congrats on winning the Kiss LP! Nice job, that is a tough machine to score on.

Thank you for looking into the 8th. I really look forward to the monthly tournaments and would like to attend and show support.

1 week later
#5445 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

so i got my Star Trek fully working now if any of you clowns want to come over and put scores up for me to try to beat

Spoken by the King Chickenhead

1 week later
#5462 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

She's home. My Firepower II I won from the tournament. Needs a little love but I'm up for the task. Minus the back glass cause I hadn't put it in yet.237.JPG
236.JPG

Golden Oreos can help you clean it up and get it working great! ahh... after he gets his shit together of course.

1 week later
#5479 8 years ago
Quoted from sethington:

Checked out Flashback Arcade today. Really cool place! Had a great time. Added it to the map on pinside w/ the game list. Hopefully I got them all anyway: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/flashback-arcade-murfreesboro-tn-united-states#gameslist

CK359s-UMAAWAg0.jpg

HOLY Shitzbahhh!! 2.1 miles from my office!! I will have to claim loyalty to Jason at GG but I may visit the new one from time to time. The other dude is going to put pins on the square also at some point. What is going on is a pinball resurgence!

Do I hear the Murfreesboro Pinball club with a tourney schedule??

#5488 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The scores on the machines I left are not that great (Flashback's). "Maybe" the 396,000,000 in Walking Dead. Mainly they are for starter scores more than anything. Grand Champion on Getaway, Walking Dead, Metallica, Elvira, Bride of Pinbot. I have 1-4 on Kiss I think, but I don't even have the Grand Champion on that one, but like I said, most of these I would consider "starter" scores.
Gauntlet being thrown down is basically "beat whatever scores I put up at Game Galaxy", etc. If they get beat someone let me know so I have a challenge to try and get it again. I like putting up scores on machines if I can find the time to do it, it's fun to have that challenge of seeing who can beat whomever.
I don't get to play very often, so when I do it is a treat even if they are my own machines.
Last game I did some damage on was Spider-Man at 700 million or so. The ones I need to get back on are Attack from Mars and Iron Man (which baffles me) and Kiss (since it erased).

I saw you beat my WD score nice! Now go beat my Kiss grandchamps (both) chump!! LOL!!

#5491 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If only that place opened up at 8am instead of Noon. I have to drive to Murfreesboro now anyway.

Just concentrate on the Kiss at your place for now. And when you beat that you can tackle my IM. I will have your Tron before years end.
This is fun!

#5495 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I won't be at my place until tomorrow. Autumn was dropped off at daycare which is why I had to go to Murfreesboro yesterday.
I had the Kiss score, but updates have beaten me on that game twice.

Tron updates beat me too. Best I had on that game was 230+ but can't seem to get over 200 anymore on it.
I have to just finish Jericho in Iron Man. I've had one shot left TWICE which is the killer for me.

Listen Dreamer TR I post high scorces not excuses. HA!!

#5501 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Looks to me like JEW is all over the place though. = )

Easy there my anti-semitic friend! I'm just pickin on ya. You are a better pinball player than me. There I said it.

#5506 8 years ago

If I bring back the 4 large and B division trophy at Pinburgh I will claim bragging rights but untill then...

#5507 8 years ago

Joey "the kid" is hard to beat!

#5508 8 years ago

We need a rotating tournament schedule for us Nashville guys. Antioch, Rivergate, Murfreesboro

#5511 8 years ago

We need at least 20 regulars to attend our competitions. Come on folks how are we going to get this to happen? I mean seriously, a place like Nashville with three locations, each one better than most places!! like we say in New Hampshire get on her, stay on her, can't be scared of it!!

#5514 8 years ago

Pinburgh is a friggin blast!! Best tournament IMHO. Match play is great unless you get Krusafied!

#5518 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Good luck to everyone in at Pinburgh. I will be at an auction as usual on Friday/Saturday.

Auction Schmuchtion get your ass up here one year! This has been the most fun I have ever had playing and watching the pros play. Simply amazing.

#5524 8 years ago

Joe and I made C but did not qualify. I forgot there was a consulation tourney? We both thought it was the best tounament and pinball festival of all time. I played everything I wanted and basically never had to wait. I really like some of the early 2000 Sterns. Austin Powers, WOF, WPT are all very fun. I will attend next year for sure!!

WORD!

#5526 8 years ago

I just passed JEW on the interstate headed to Lebanon!

#5543 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Curtis and Joe
What's your thoughts on the Hobbit and Full Throttle while you were down there.

I played full throttle with Joe and Cher and it was a big time. It had the feel of an old bally/Williams. I did not play the Hobbit. I did not want to wait in line and that was the only game with a line for the most part. Never saw the Big Lebowski at Replay? I really want to play that machine soon.

#5552 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Special thanks to everyone who made it out to the tournament. We had a really good turn out and as always it was a lot of fun.Aaron will post the results on the website so everyone can see how they did. David Daluga from Milwaukee took 1st, I came in 2nd, and Richard Rickman from Memphis came in 3rd.
Next Tournament is September the 5th and since we had all DMD games for this tournament I'm looking to do some older games for this next one. Think Cyclone or Firepower etc. I'll compose a list to vote on soon but if there's something playing well at the arcade you'd like to see, don't hesitate to throw out a game for consideration.

Many thanks and congrats to all who participated in the tourney. Great time as always!

1 month later
#5593 8 years ago

Count me out on Austin Powers I just picked one up in NC that looks brand new!

#5596 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Austin Powers price drop to $1200.

GLWS! I just wanted a game in great shape and we can both agree the game you own is average at best. No hard feelings hey pal.

#5598 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am not really selling it for $1200 lol. I would have had 50 PMs this morning if that was the case.

Of course I knew this but wanted to play along anyway.

#5600 8 years ago

Aaron I will not make the Atlanta tourney on the 26th either. The Pilgrimage music festival is happing in Franklin this weekend. If any of y'all are going let me know its a mile from my house where there may be before the show cocktails... Willie Nelson baby!

1 week later
#5614 8 years ago

Congrats to Will "The denatured boy" Krusa for the win. Sorry I had to miss this one it sounds like the turn out was good. I am out of town on the 24th also. Maybe I'll throw down a score on the 23rd just for fun. The 7th will work.

#5618 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

A bit of pinball news, Rivergate now has Warlok back on the floor and Stargate returned as well.
Avengers is about to leave, X-Men from Antioch will move to Rivergate and finally be on Free Play.
Auction is coming up Oct 24 and I am going to an expo Oct 17 so if you have any requests let me know and I will keep my eye out.

So far the requests have been:World Poker Tour (no)Wheel of Fortune (no)NBA Fastbreak (possibly)
What I am looking for is Joust (which is hard for me to afford), Spirit (same thing), and Waterworld.

RBION also

2 months later
#5695 8 years ago

I am willing to help with the league if needed just let me know. I have only missed one since 2013 and really enjoy the competition.

5 months later
#5820 7 years ago

Have to put a GC on that bad boy. Just up the street.

#5821 7 years ago

Someone please take down my GC on the Walking Dead at Fan Fest in Franklin. I need something bigger than G S.

#5824 7 years ago

I will be following the Nashville boys online in Atlanta.

Good luck all!!

Word.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Southern Fried Expo was a blast. It remains one of the better shows in the region. Played a GhostBusters LE and some Rob Zombie. Tournament went well. I traveled to Atlanta to try my hand at playing some different players in a tournament format and ended up in the B finals with Aaron Williams anyway so I'd say we represented Nashville rather well. Luckily I was a higher seed than Aaron so every time he came over to ask me if we could play Tommy, I stuck him on Whirlwind which I think we can all agree is a far better game B final results for Atlanta David Taylor a great player from the Birmingham Al area took 1st. Aaron I whine and moan all the time cause I can't play Tommy Williams came in 2nd and I placed 3rd. Curtis next time I see you I have a translite for you.

Congrats to both!

Not an easy task to make the finals.

The translite makes me randy baby Yeah!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 72.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tyson1868.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=Tyson1868 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.