tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DreamTR. You are on page 1 of 6.
#59 12 years ago

Just letting you guys know, I put Indiana Jones in there (Game Galaxy) (Williams one) today. I don't have a coin door so you'll have to talk to Richard at the counter to play it. $1.00 minimum for 2 games. It is NOT shopped out but everything works on it and is clean enough for play and flippers are strong and display is excellent. Sound was turned up and it's in the spot where Elvira was...

I turned Whirlwind off for now because I don't have a spot for it that won't blow up a breaker at the moment....

Road Show was sold (though I am not against buying another) and yes, Dr. Dude was sold.

In the arcade right now all working:

The Getaway
Indiana Jones
Whirlwind (off until we find a spot for it)
Elvira
Monday Night Football
Bride of Pinbot
Fish Tales
Black Rose
Guns N Roses
Addams Family
Sopranos
Tron
The Simpsons
Black Knight 2000

In the museum for free play open once a month (next date is Saturday, November 26) we have Bad Cats, X-Files, Terminator 2, Back to the Future, Phantom of the Opera, and Rollergames on Free Play for $10 all day with 75 classic games.....

#60 12 years ago

And these old favorites (Pinbot, Funhouse, Scared Stiff) were sold in the past couple of years.

I am not against getting another Fun House or Scared Stiff but they are not high on my list..the next games I want are a little offbeat...

Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street (we had one before but it was not mine)
Road Show (yes I know I just sold one but I needed money for Indiana Jones)
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones Stern
Medieval Madness

I would bring other games but I am afraid they are going to get beat up and the pins just don't make enough money for me to justify but the ones I have not brought to the arcade are:

No Fear (new ramps, Mike Chestnut shopped out)

Theatre of Magic (originally at Game Galaxy, retired after Mike Chestnut shop out)

Demolition Man (one of the most underrated pins ever, much better than the majority of the $3000+ pins out there)

The Shadow (great game, way better than the movie, and Mike repaired some stuff on this one too)

Star Trek The Next Generation

Twilight Zone

Dr. Who

Tales of the Arabian Nights

I don't see myself bringing those there unless they can make $200 a month each, lol

#63 12 years ago

Erik: I doubt I'll get to that point selling those machines unless I get a considerable amount of money for them....those two are in amazing condition...everything has a price but I don't "need" to sell them persay...

#66 12 years ago

Duane: Awesome, glad he bought it that helped you guys out I am sure, lol...now if only Rob can get these Star Wars working =P

#70 12 years ago

The museum is open this Sat Nov 26, so there will be plenty of pinball for everyone = )

#75 12 years ago

Indy plays fine but Rob needs to put another coin door on it so it's only 2 plays for $1 ask the guy at the counter stuff right now...

We have the museum for this Saturday because it is the highest possible time for mall traffic

#77 12 years ago

The $10 is only applicable for the museum, Indy is in the arcade. We just installed the coin door so it's back to normal and is on...

If Erik sells me his Fun House that will go back in the arcade since Silent Scope just sold (hint hint) =)

...White Water is still being repaired and Earthshaker has a problem blowing fuses still

#84 12 years ago

Erik: sounds good, just hit me up with your contact info....I actually think I can fit this thing in a PT Cruiser, lol....ramps and plastics fun, guess we'll clean it up some more =P someone asked if we were going to bring back Fun House for the museum yesterday...go figure...

Good meeting crashdance and pintucky...

Pintucky, Rob came in not an hour after you left and fixed the Indy problem ; ) so no more wild stuff, but I am going to take it to Mike sooner than later probably and just bring Dr. Who from the garage to replace it....

#94 12 years ago

Crash: Indy is only here temporarily anyway not because of any issues with the game...I want people to enjoy it but it will retire to my garage after it gets shopped out but that is still months away...the issue being not enough regulars would play the game to justify keeping it in here...Simpsons makes a ton of money and that game is in average condition....yet I am selling it because I need room for other stuff so that tells you I'm not in it for the money, lol....

3 weeks later
#105 12 years ago

I'll be putting White Water back in the arcade before XMAS, it has been fixed, just been lazy about getting it in the place...got a Nightmare on Elm Street that may go in...and a Lord of the Rings going to my house tomorrow, lol

#109 12 years ago

Whitewater still is not in yet...I need Simpsons to sell before I can move it in...Freddy is waiting as well...

No way LOTR is coming in there ever... = P

#112 12 years ago

Ok I JUST put in White Water....

It's 25 cents per play ; )

Mystic: I need to get a bridge rectifier and a display that I ordered first before I even play it myself = P

#114 12 years ago

Probably because Addams and Indiana Jones are in the darker part of the arcade =P

Took me a minute to figure out "AF" as I still will never get used to why pinball guys use abbreviations for pins...we don't call Sinistar SS or Ms.Pac-Man "MPM" or R-Type "RT" for arcade games or anything....

#118 12 years ago

Hey guys, just giving you a heads up on "Christmas" week collections on our pins...keep in mind this is the "busy" time of year, but the reason behind this posting is I know there are more people that play pinball out there, but a lot of people are not really "regulars" into the arcade, coming only once in a blue moon...

These are weekly totals:
Bride of Pinbot-7.50
GNR-13.75
Whirlwind 5.75
Black Rose-4.50
Addams-7.75
Indy-14.00
Fun House-9.75
Simpsons-9.25
Monday Night Football-16.75
Elvira-4.25
Sopranos-19.00
Tron 17.50

Now...since we have opened, we have a Street Fighter IV community that comes in 1-2 times a week and we have a "fight night" usually but consistently that game makes $125 a week overall (3 setups and mostly console) but that pretty much dwarfs this and the cost is small in comparison to pins and maintaining them.

Do you guys want to try a "pinball" night or something once a week because I can't leave some of the big pins in here if no one will play them....Bad Cats and Phantom of the Opera will make just as much as the $2000+ pins as you can see with Monday Night Football romping...

#123 12 years ago

Crashdance, you know anything about Power Driver Boards? I have one stupid C252 out on a Sega Stern one and Radio Shack doesn't carry the dumb things...any idea where I can locate one? It makes LOTR blow fuses each time, ugh...

#125 12 years ago

Thanks Mystic...I knew it was a 10 cent part too....I couldn't find info in the manual but the schematic had the value assigned to the capacitor....I hope this gets her working...

#127 12 years ago

I had to order $5 worth, so I have a few of these now, lol.....

#138 12 years ago

The mall isn't closing but if we don't do well we aren't staying open...Sears is leaving completely in April...that means all fixtures, etc....I am sure the blowout tool fun and game fun will be soon....now our worst months are typically February and September but the problem is we are directly between two giant empty parts in the mall after April. JCPenney/Steve and Barry's and Sears...we are still adjacent to the food court but the money isn't great here....if I didn't have other stuff to do to make ends meet this place would have closed a LONG time ago. Each year I spend more money in the place than I make, that's a fact.......couple that with Rivergate closing and it's not a positive outlook.

If I can change this to non profit that would make sense but it's a tough road to do that, donations, etc. We need to just buy a building but the fact of the matter is foot traffic is the number 1 concern for us. As dead as this mall is, it is still more viable than any strip mall or location next to a theatre/college.....

I've wrestled with this decision quite a bit...I make more money if I go back to selling console stuff at flea markets...console stuff does well for me, arcade stuff does not (unless I was inside Rivergate/Clarksville, etc) but I do this for other reasons (for players who have not seen these games in years) but a lot of times people still won't come or only come once a year. I can't stay open like that, we need regulars and casual players....

Just know this...I have only one other location other than this right now (laundromat with 25 games) and I can't put pins there....if this place ever closes, I'm only keeping stuff in my garage (and that is way full) but I really do not want the place to close but if there is no business with Sears leaving, who knows...it's a pure guess these days....

#142 12 years ago

There is one place you can do that: Incredible Dave's has food (albeit terrible bland food) and alcohol with Iron Man and Rolling Stones to play.

GMX was just to be there, had nothing to do with Rivergate. The only reason we post anything on Facebook about pins is because people complain about them the most, that is why we do that. Arcades still are ok, just not so much in Nashville. Not enough people. If we were in Rivergate or Murfreesboro or Clarksville malls, the traffic would be insane...

Pinball tournaments like I said, when the locals here show enough interest more than once every two months coming in, we'll have tournaments. We have 12 guys here right now playing Street Fighter tonight, that is why we cater to them more because they have shown interest more so...it is what it is but not sure what else more we can do, we're still the only place in the state with a Tron...lol

#146 12 years ago

Nashville State would actually be at Dillard's old spot (mall doesn't own that). I think they "just" started cleaning up stuff from other areas up there to prepare for them coming in for classes this Fall, but we'll see....been hearing this for years. There were 4 anchor stores when I came in, now there are 0.

The "junior" anchor is Electronics Express which took over the old Linens and Things after they closed.

We're down 20% from last year already in overall sales...with 2 more anchors leaving, there will be some decisions to make but these places won't completely leave until May.....

In other news, Kingsport auction this weekend. I don't anticipate picking up a pin unless I see a cheap Robocop or cheap Road Show or something....

Lord of the Rings problem is the Right Up Kicking Coil. That caused F20 to blow...I bought a new power driver board from Rottendog and played for 1 minute and that happened. The Magnet works fine and F21 did not blow (I put a 4A in there but only LOTR requires 4A in that spot) So I am awaiting on my coil and the spare board is getting repaired.....hopefully I can play my Christmas present to my wife before the month is up, LOL

#148 12 years ago

They have Auction Chuck in Nashville (last one was Nov) but no one brought anything...worst auction I have seen ever and usually they have ok stuff.

Indiana Jones is leaving for shopping this week and won't be back so play it while you can. made $4 this week and I am pretty sure that was mostly Jamie playing it when he came in but that tells you why I can't put these games in here....so come and play it while it is still here.

#172 12 years ago

I'll try and skim some of these....

Crashdance: Those things are so minor we can't even address them at the moment. We need to get the museum squared away and deal with a possible opening of a shared spot in Huntsville (I obviously would not be there very often) inside Madison Square Mall.......I'll check on the Elvira Right Flipper, though.

mystic: The guys at the counter should have given you change....I specifically left the keys to the changer so guys would NOT have to go to the food court, sorry about that.

In regards to the changer, that IS a new changer. If they don't take 5s we just switch them out for another or 1s for customers....the last changer only took 1s and it was terrible as it was.....

I just got back in to work at the arcade and I was told by some guy he wanted to "punch me in the face" because he kept on about House of the Dead not working on the right side, which does work. HE even got his 50 cents back and had two little girls with him...gotta love the mall sometimes....

Oh, Indy is gone as of tomorrow morning...I'll be putting either Freddy or another game from the museum back in there until I can get Dr. Who out of my garage which has to happen sooner than later....

#174 12 years ago

That was at 6pm (the guy threatening me)...I just missed getting security and both Metro officers in the mall there in time...the guy started going off because he was insulting my games and I just told him he had to leave, that's when the chest thumping decided to ensue, but yeah, there are just a lot of hotheads out there.

I did go to Kingsport...Black Rose playfield looked a little nicer than mine, sides were way worse, missing fire button, played worse than mine....very few pins there than the usual 30+..

#176 12 years ago

We have tournaments once a month....it's one of our bigger ones but the giant one in June is our best one...it definitely helps with business (the tournaments).

1 week later
#184 12 years ago

Yes, if there is enough interest we will have a pinball tournament. They won't be "Stern" rules. Those are worse than single elimination one match Street Fighter tournaments.

1 week later
#186 12 years ago

Museum is open this Saturday from 11am-8pm, but it's a "private" thing, basically we are letting people in the museum and closing the doors type thing...anyone is more than welcome...

Nothing took Indy's place, and Simpsons has been sold. Dr. Who will come into the arcade for a bit from my house so Indy can come home...

LOTR is finally fixed...bunch of coils were the problem blowing transistors on the board....

#190 12 years ago

pin lineup in museum is:

Freddy
Rollergames
Bad Cats
X-Files
Terminator 2
Phantom of the Opera
Back to the Future

We just put Dr. Who in the arcade as Indy is now back in my house after Mike Chestnut made it look brand new

Top pin earnings these week
1. Black Knight 2000
2. Sopranos
3. Tron

Worst earning pin of the week
1. Getaway

#192 12 years ago

I see someone up here has their Baywatch and Space Shuttle for sale on Craig's List =P

Some of the pins might make their way to Huntsville as we are close to signing on with my friend's game store at Madison Square Mall but it will mostly be the museum pieces unless the pins do well and we can bring others...

#198 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So I understand that once the Madison Square Mall location is a done deal you'll be planning to move machines from the museum to this location? Sounds like a good start. What are your plans for Hickory Hollow in the coming months? We all want the local GG to stay as long as possible. I also recall you mentioning another mall that would be a great choice that's 70 miles from your house. Just curious as to why you chose Huntsville instead since it's over 200 miles away. Is Madison Square still kicking? Do you think you'll find anywhere near the success here as you did at Rivergate?

I think you are confusing Huntsville with Birmingham...Huntsville is about 90 miles from me...

Reason I chose that over Clarksville is that my friends can run the game store portion there, and I just go and collect.

Most of the machines from Rivergate would go there, pinballs from the museum would be going there as well sans Freddy....

Madison Square is like Rivergate. It has all their stores and major stores in there. The rent is cheaper than Hickory Hollow if you can believe that.

I don't have any plans for the arcade at Hickory Hollow in the next few months. I want to stay but that depends on the business. My lease runs out April 30. CBL Properties is planning on doing all sorts of crazy stuff if they can't find tenants so I really have no clue. I can say that one of my main options is to remove a bunch of games (20 or so) and use more of the place to sell "game store" style stuff as the profit lies more in that than anything else.

#200 12 years ago

Dr. Who is indefinite unless someone buys it...

1 week later
#203 12 years ago

The changer works fine, it is just slow. That is a "replaced" changer from awhile ago.

Dr. Who worked fine until today. It has two fuses wrong with it from what I know because that is what comes up on the screen.

He can't give you quarters directly. He has no keys to the changer. The changer has to go through the hoppers to actually get the quarters to refill, that is what keeps happening. I know the changer works fine because it has $100s of dollars in it when I come back. (It just won't take new 5s)

He was texting me telling me about the Dr. Who problem.

While I appreciate your help, you're not fully aware of the situation; we had zero problems with Dr. Who and suddenly there was an issue when you played. Richard can only do so much there, he isn't a tech. We'll get it fixed as it seems to just be two fuses. I'm not even there but I know that....he turned it on and off because no one knew what happened with the game, lol...we have to at least get an idea or "leave it off" when we finally found out what was wrong and I was texted the problem.

I mean, no reason to have an Out of Order sign on a game we didn't know was out of order, don't you think? Heck, that game played fine yesterday and I was there until 9pm.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the game. It will be fixed, but Richard has no access to the changer. The only person who does is me. If you have your own business with coins coming in the place, you'd understand why, and maybe I should leave some in case of emergencies but if the changer TRULY is not working he knows where to get quarters. Unfortunately it is a bit slow, that's all.

#205 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ok, that makes more sense. I had no idea the issue had just started, and didn't realize he didn't have quarters on-hand. The reason I assumed he is the last 2 times I was there you and him have me quarters from the front desk. I believe I saw someone grabbing them from the coin boxes. If it sounded like I was angry, I'm not. I was just confused and as you know I can't come up there that often, so I don't know all of the details of the day-to-day routine. To me it appeared Richard wasn't doing his job but that was just because of the timing of what happened I guess. The chance Dr. Who would fail beginning with me is pretty small but it's not impossible. After hearing about the museum guy sleeping on the job I kind of had low expectations for the guys watching the place. Please don't take offense. I appreciate your help!
As for the actual problem I would check the backbox connectors. Was the fuse message "Check fuses F114 and F115"? If so here's a bit if information on that:
This message is sometimes displayed when the game boots and a game cannot be started. Most of the time, F114/F115 will be found to be just fine.
The game issues this message because it cannot read the switch matrix normally. The crafty designers at Williams inserted an “always closed“ switch into the matrix as switch 24. Switch 24 isn’t a switch at all, but instead provides the game software with a “known closed” switch matrix return. Switch 24 is actually a diode across column 2, row 4 of the switch matrix and is located on the coin door interface board.
Since the WPC switch matrix circuitry on the MPU uses 12V to determine switch state, the game assumes that the 12VDC power has been interrupted. F114/F115 fuse the 12V generation circuit; F114 on the AC side of BR1; F115 on the DC side of BR1. Hence, the game assumes that one of these fuses is blown and the message is displayed.

Well, it's definitely what happened with Dr. Who...no issues until today...just really random but it happens...

I guess I had better "hope" it IS a fuse then, lol...doesn't sound like it at this point...

Museum guy sleeping on the job: Brandon was super sick that day...(there's a reason no one gets paid much at the arcade, lol) and actually had to go home but he can fix games; )

#212 12 years ago

You guys should see it when I am working....Richard and Brandon (sleepy) are the "nice" employees, lololol

But seriously, we take everyone's inquiries seriously...if there is an attitude about the place it's really because of it being Antioch and what kind of stuff people come up with in general here.....but if the changer is not taking bills, and you want to get $10 in quarters, we can definitely make sure that happens; even if Rich has to go into Cruis'n...I have access to quarters, no one else does for the most part...

Oh and per Dr. Who...works great today; turned it on and plays fine. The switches under the mini playfield are coming up as needing to be adjusted in the error menu but the game is playing fine...(the switches are sometimes automatically allowing the "factor" to multiply more than it should (only thing that means is quicker multiball) but other than that it still plays with everything else intact...I just played a bunch of games this morning on it....we'll adjust switches on Tuesday but she's playing fine today for some reason...Crashdance, you must have whispered something to Dr. Who that he did not like, LOL

#214 12 years ago

Yes, we don't make money off this place at all really. In fact, I should have closed it a long time ago if you look at the sheer volume of games vs the amount of money they are worth vs what they make in a week...It's definitely because I love the hobby and wanted people to have a great place to play games that were unavailable anywhere else.

Pinball doesn't make anything. They are costly to maintain and the Street Fighter machines make more money in a week than all 13-14 pins combined. This has to do with location...at Rivergate Mall (inside) the pins made a killing (each did $40-70 a week and we only had 5 there)...

The game store stuff is what keeps us alive...this week was rather scary...these two shelves made 3 1/2 TIMES what the arcade made and the space it takes up is minimal at best meaning you guys know what is happening after April 30...more game store stuff

#221 12 years ago

Hi Pintucky =) Crashdance does know his stuff, I'll say that much...

How's the Wizard of Oz thing coming along? Is that game out yet?

#225 12 years ago

jayhawkai: Nope, no museum this month...we just can't get it ready in time unfortunately....expect a website announcement coming that it will return in March AND April with dates on the Facebook page and website. The TN Dolls will be coming as well in April (www.facebook.com/tndolls)

#235 12 years ago

I need to get all my scores back on all these games at the arcade.....I haven't played much of anything except freaking Tron in the past few months and Whirlwind and Elvira erased all my good scores....

Oh, Whirlwind has a new display as of today, yay.

Earthshaker is waiting on whatever we are taking out to make room for it....it made a lot of money when it was there, probably because it was a 25 cent pinball....

No Fear is leaving my garage (and it was completely redone by Mike Chestnut including new ramps) and heading to the arcade next week...where I am going to put it I have no idea as usual....

And....I am looking for a Pinball Magic if anyone knows of one for sale.....

#238 12 years ago

I buy/sell a lot of stuff and use that towards maintaining all the games...I'm a pretty crazy console game collector...it would probably shock you how many rare games and overall games I have...or hoard, LOL....

Dr. Who was the number 1 pin this week...so far she seems to be working 100% again, lol....

No Fear is pretty awesome...very underrated pinball.

I went to play AC/DC in Birmingham last night. What a letdown...the design is a very lazy Terminator 2 design, so it doesn't look like much else was done to the game. The game feels like a Data East game the way it plays, bumps off everything, it's like 1989 Simpsons to me...not a lot of excitement..the red display is cool, cabinet is cool, but playability? Not there (at least to me). Better off buying a couple of AC/DC CDs and rocking out that way.

Rolling Stones has a lot more "activity" whereas AC/DC plays like you just stuck a CD in a jukebox. Smoke and mirrors if you ask me. Still better than Avatar, but definitely way worse than Tron/Sopranos/Batman/Iron Man.....heck even Indiana Jones Stern is better and that's pushing it....

I'm not sure why people are saying this game is good but I really think the "music" portion has people fooled....

I'm an AC/DC music fan...I am not a Rolling Stones music fan, but the RS pin is way better. Same goes for things like The Shadow. The movie stinks, the pin is awesome....

Tron is another example...the movie is pretty good (I was not a fan of the original) but the pinball is WTF amazing spot on they got it right...I mean everything right, the sounds, the music, the ambiance, the speed...wow...

I just think I have seen/heard too many people go for the "big" list of pinballs (you know, the guys only after $3000+ stuff) and have lost touch with what makes a good pinball.

I just know that moving a couple of things around from a 1991 and using Data East/Sega style stuff (regardless of anyone saying Williams flippers are used in Stern games, you can tell from the bounce and the barrier that holds the glass it doesn't "feel" right) doesn't make for a "good" pinball in 2012, and neither does a red display and a jukebox.

#240 12 years ago

skull voice is back in AC/DC, lol

#243 12 years ago

Ok NO Fear is in the arcade, I just have to set it up for coins tomorrow...Earthshaker should follow....

#250 12 years ago

mystic: The cost of you driving up to Louisville and back with hotel is more than the amount we are apart on the Baywatch =P

Crash: We took out Super Hang-On, Tron, and Tekken Tag Tournament and added Earthshaker and No Fear...we have room for one more pinball but I have not decided which one it is going to be in the far back corner....that whole wall is now completely pinball...

Museum is just a mess, we have to clean it up and put stuff in other spots, etc...it's just not ready yet (tons of cabinets and that store we bought) so we had to postpone it until March 31....

I guess the pins to choose from for the arcade now would be:
Back to the Future
Bad Cats
X-Files
Terminator 2
Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street
Rollergames

unless Mystic sells his Baywatch to me and it goes in the corner at Game Galaxy....haha

Oh and Huntsville is now a no go

#252 12 years ago

Well to be fair Baywatch is all over the place on pricing....I sold one a couple of years ago for $850 and it took me months to sell it. I have seen it go higher on eBay myself though, even recently......

#257 12 years ago

Yes the whole back wall...we've had a lot of pins in there before but again, earnings don't always equate to the value of having the pins in there...

Freddy is going in today so the entire wall is now all pinball...

I always get rid of video, just basically moving the stuff to storage but I sell from time to time, I would say a machine a month usually I sell...

#262 12 years ago

Crashdance: When you come to the arcade tell me if you have an idea what the interference is on the display for White Water....I already tried the cable but haven't messed with the power part to the actual pinball power board, only to the display board...you'll see when you get there tomorrow....not sure if I need a new display or what...seems like it would be fine but things are "happening"

ONly other game down is Bride of Pinbot until we put a bridge rectifier in it

#265 12 years ago

random images and static

#274 12 years ago

Crash: I'll have Brandon run through it tomorrow...I don't why I removed the glass on Whirlwind today. I am pretty sure I was not thinking clearly, LOL

Dr. Who definitely needs a flipper rebuild kit.

Brandon will be diving in to these Tuesday since Rob is moving to Vegas and selling all his stuff (expect Radical to be at the arcade eventually) we have got to get Brandon trained sooner than later...

Hopefully he doesn't blow up the bridge rectifier thingy either =)

Good seeing you guys, thanks for coming out and supporting the place...I'm just happy someone walked in and bought a game randomly as well, LOL

#277 12 years ago

Aware of the Whirlwind stuff, will get Rob on that when he comes back Tuesday...ELvira stuff plunger was on purpose, that was from my house...

Dr. WHo flipper magically works now for some odd reason. Shrug. Sent board off for Bride, that won't be up for a couple of weeks...

#280 12 years ago

I don't know "when" Baywatch will get to the arcade, but it has to come out of the garage soon...when Rob moves to Vegas in April his Radical is coming to the arcade for sure and that's definitely an interesting one to play....

The display RAM for White Water tests out fine but it's got some weird problem still where it won't display all the characters. I ordered a new display for it so that will be here this week. Hopefully that does the trick.

Earthshaker now has the same problem it had last time with the new coil we got working for the kicker now stopped again..I know it has to be a board issue. Ugh.

Bride of Pinbot PD board is on its way to COin Op Cauldron

#285 12 years ago

Crash: I haven't had a tech there in weeks...I'm not sure if Rob will be able to fix that, Earthshaker may have to go to Mike.

White Water is something else, so both boards are going to have to go to Mike. It's not the display as I just spent $150 on a new one for a spare I guess, lol.

Bride of Pinbot out til Coin Op Cauldron gets to the board.

Baywatch is not on my mind right now. Rob borrowed it until he moves so it can be out of my garage then it will head to the arcade before he leaves. I assume late April.

Radical will head to the arcade as well. Expect something to be pulled eventually but it won't be Monday Night Football because people play that.

#289 12 years ago

Monday Night Football is a really cool pin.

A little weird fact about "why" I own the pins I do is because they all had something to do with when I was playing them in my younger days.

Bad Cats, Monday Night Football, and Back to the Future were all next to each other at a FUN N Games in Miami when I was in high school. They're all "fun" pins for me, not something I would own forever, but enough to want to own them at some point.

Other stuff like Elvira, Black Knight 2000, and Whirlwind were at Malibu Grand Prix, so I played those there as well in high school.

This doesn't mean I like "every" pin that was available then.

Malibu also had PlayBoy Data East, Simpsons, and Taxi. Simpsons I sort of liked, I never liked Taxi as much as other people; etc....so those just didn't last for me...

Other stuff I played (Big Bang Bar, Kingpin) I liked a lot, but I know I will never own them. Other stuff at the same location (Breakshot, Airborne) I couldn't stand very much...

I can say with 100% accuracy that too much is put into these "top 10" pinball lists and the majority of the time people try out the games and are hoodwinked on thinking those are the best games but never open their eyes to the loads of $1000-2000 pins out there that are wayyyyyy better than these other pins...

I'll still say if I had to only own 5 pins one of them would be Demolition Man. That pinball is more fun than Indiana Jones (and I like that one) and I would say just as good as Star Trek TNG. No Fear is another really solid underrated pinball. I just see that list and just cringe sometimes....Monster Bash? Wow. It's "ok". Cirqus Voltaire I run from. Medieval Madness is a very very good pin mainly because of the "extras" going on voice wise similar to Attack from Mars, a very solid keeping you busy pin. It's probably why I think AC/DC is such a piece of crap; there just isn't much there except for it being a glorified jukebox.

SOrry for the rambling! =)

#293 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Great post! I like Cyclone, Elvira, and Taxi for similar reasons. In fact I was going to get a Taxi until I fell in love with Fish Tales and then I decided it does what I like about Taxi and more.
I played Demo Man again at the Louisville show and I still can't get into that one. Then afterwards I realized the pf looks like T2 on steroids and I don't like T2. When I play it again I will try to clear my head of T2 thoughts and maybe I'll change my mind!
I find Top 10 ratings funny because of the policing that goes on, moreso on ipdb than here. If a Stern sneaks up the list someone will quickly rip the game to bring it down. LOTR has been all over the charts. Tron is #73. Also I just noticed Jurassic Park has worked its way into the top 20. I expect b/w fanboys to take care of that by end of day!
Not sure if this was already asked but are you going to get Oz for the arcade?
I'm going to be over in that part of town today so I'm going to try to stop in.

Wizard of Oz is $6500. Tron was about $4300 and only makes (or has made) an average of $20-25 a week so it's made about $800-900 so far and that's not good for a pinball. I don't see spending more money on a game that people aren't going to get but I am more than willing to let someone do a revenue share with me on Wizard of Oz if they want to bring it into the arcade, I have no problem with that

I don't really think Demo Man is anything like T2. T2 and AC/DC are similar, and parts of No Fear are like that as well, but NO Fear has a lot more "stuff" going on with it than T2 (which can seem super repetitive) and AC/DC. Since all three of those are by the same guy, you can see why...

Demo Man has a lot of interesting stuff: The Cryo-Claw, the 4 levels of multiball, the "combo" system, the triggers which allow for trigger combos, the secrets by holding down the buttons on top of the triggers in certain parts of the game, the Quick Freeze setups for locks are neat, everything about the game flows very very well...

Yeah IPDB people are smoking crack sometimes. I really think that list is poisoned.

If I had to make a "definitive" top 10 you can't really "rank" a pinball based on what people think, they should be "grouped" as a Top 10 instead of ranked specifically. A good example video wise is Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. Those two games are heavily overplayed but you can't deny how "good" they were/are for the time even.

Good example: Addams Family. Probably the best pinball of all time. Will I play it nowadays? Not as much, but you still can't deny how great it is even if it is super overplayed.

If I had a top 10 list of best ones I would place these in the fold:

Addams Family
Attack from Mars
Elvira and the Party Monsters (best WPC 89 pin, and arguably this series revitalized interest in pinball)
Medieval Madness
Demolition Man
Tron
Twilight Zone
Star Trek The Next Generation
Theatre of Magic
Fun House

As much as I personally like Sopranos and No Fear, I don't think they need to be a part of this list..Batman Dark Knight and Spider-Man are very solid pins that should be in the top 25 for sure. Tron is by far Stern's best pin and a shame if people don't like it because of the theme or are willing to give it a chance.

#294 12 years ago
Quoted from williams:

DreamTR said:"Cirqus Voltaire I run from.
How dare you.
But I'm the guy looking to replace his TZ with Sopranos, so what do I know?

LOL Sopranos is fun

VOltaire looks pretty. Don't get me wrong, I've TRIED to like that game many times, but it's just a nice game to look at. Heck I used to OWN one and traded DOWN for Scared Stiff. There is not a lot to do. It's purposely made for people that are into the 70s-80s "style" of pinball but wanted something amazing to look at. Gorgeous machine but boy is it overrated. I'll take 50 pins over that any day of the week.

#296 12 years ago

Not my Fish Tales, that is Jay's....you're right, that one is easy, but for some reason I'm the only one here who has their name up on it and I haven't played it since he brought it in to the arcade

#298 12 years ago

Radical is making its way in sometime tomorrow "hopefully"

Bride of Pinbot moving to storage for a bit...

#302 12 years ago

Yeah Bride is right next to Tron =P Museum date is official with working AC, March 31, and again at the end of April, both are last Saturdays of the month

#306 12 years ago

No, I bought a game store so the museum was clogged with the inventory until I could go through it and move it all to the back.

Radical is at the mall, but not in the arcade until later this week probably...small chance I can get it in there tomorrow....

#309 12 years ago

Yes, Radical was set up early Museum should be a fun one next weekend too, hopefully nothing blows up again there =/

#312 12 years ago

It's the all blacked out store to the left of Sears and the right of the Police Recruitment Station...

#314 12 years ago

No a friend of ours has 30 games in there, he has to have 10 of them removed so we can make room...and the big TV is leaving as well....

#316 12 years ago

No, it's just taking up too much room, we have 6 stations we use...we remove that one we have room for 2-3 more.

#319 12 years ago

No, they are still there.

#320 12 years ago

Earthshaker works again until I change F4 fuse lol. White Water seems to be behaving

#326 12 years ago

The April 28th event will not conflict with the museum as we separated museum/tournament...we're doing the same thing at the end of this month (March 31, this weekend)

Williams: I will be running a tournament on the April 28th date, if you guys want to have a tournament on that date or another and need my help or not need my help running it, let me know, I can come up with the games/rules, etc...

#332 12 years ago

williams: I'll probably just do something like pick 3 random games for everyone to play and overall highest scores on top 4 will do a playoff on a 4th machine, everything to be named at the event so no one has time to prepare You know it will be at least on the machines in the arcade....the only one not there yet that will be in there again are Bride of Pinbot and Baywatch but Baywatch may still not be in by then....

Since Macys left, we're down 35-40% so we're going to have to figure out something quick...

#338 12 years ago

No, there can be as many players as possible, we are just going to do it based on the top 4 scorers overall.

For example, we have 10 entrants, we simply do 2 sets of 4 player games on the same machine and one set of doubles.

1st game-
Medieval Madness

2nd game
Guns N Roses

3rd game
Flipper Football

We can assign a point system: 1st place 100 points, 2nd place 90 points, 3rd place 80 points, etc

Mike placed 1st, 2nd, and 4th in the 3 games overall, so he qualifies based on XXX points
Joe placed 2nd, 2nd, and 7th in the 3 games, same factor, qualifying based on XXX points

The we do 1 final game (Apollo 13) and the top 4 face-off there.

If you guys hammer out the details just add this on to it: $5 cover charge, $5 entry

Prizes-
1st place-
70% of the entry fees

2nd place-
20% of the entry fees

3rd place-
10% of the entry fees

But I can run it that day, just get some times hammered out and an official "posting" and whoever wants to bombard the newsgroups and forums be my guest...

#351 12 years ago

Crashdance: We have to have an entry fee or else there's no point to the tournament, lol..I don't think you'd have any worries, it's all for fun and people have a chance to win back their entry fees at least but you should participate...I can't hold another one of these unless the numbers start off decent...This is the first tournament I've agreed to in 3 and a half years for pinball....

Williams: I'll announce the games at 12pm, that sounds fair. 3pm Start time on April 21st would be the easiest for me to remember, so we might as well make it official!

Only rules I can think of...in the case of a malfunction we go to another game...(meaning hard reset, etc) I don't see a problem with people moving the machines, the tilt is on there for a reason, whatever works...these are player's machines...I've thrown my shoulder out from moving Tron, lol..if you can think of anything else, let me know..

Keep in mind the games I choose are going to be hard and fast and if you know me you can probably figure out 2 of the games already...

Bride of Pinbot now works but is in the museum...I need to get her out and put her back in the arcade somewhere....

#359 11 years ago

Williams has all the info correct, we'll post it on the official website and Facebook page this Weds ; )

#367 11 years ago

Williams: That is 100% correct with how the tournament is being run.

Crashdance: I don't even enter my own Street Fighter tournaments, lol...it's actually hard to run tournaments and enter at the same time (moreso in fighting game tournaments) but long story short, I will not be entering, however, Rob will be entering. I think it will come down to williams, rob, and Jamie if he plays but I could be wrong, most of that is based on top scores throughout the pins..you never know, one bad game = shit but at least you have 3 chances total with other games to redeem yourselves =)

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Funny how you posted the April 28 tournament announcement before the pinball one on the 21. Unless you're not posting updates in chronological order.

April 28 tournament is huge...we had posted that even before we knew the one on the 21st was happening, lol

#373 11 years ago

Earthshaker is back to working but now in the museum...

We're trying something different in the museum this time....LIGHTS OFF.

Also say goodbye to Discs of Tron (sold) and possibly I, Robot.

#384 11 years ago

Dr. Who is up and running. White Water is only down until Richard brings me the board for it. Mike Chestnut repaired it for us and as soon as it arrives here it will be fixed.

Coin-Op Cauldron did get Bride working so that replaced Earthshaker which is now in the museum.

We are planning on getting some other random pins in the next month or so pending some deals but I honestly couldn't tell you what we are getting, makes it a bit exciting.

#388 11 years ago

Good to see you at the arcade diskoboy....

I've already decided on the three games and the big finale for the 21st...

The only hint I will give is that not all of these are new DMD display games. There will be an older game in the tournament.

#399 11 years ago

Ya, i don't frequent pinball boards so marketing = not me, or promotion...I will be the one running it, though.=)

White Water display works now. Back in business guys...

#416 11 years ago

It's just a coin mech on Radical but I'll see if Richard can get that fixed tomorrow, it is a pain for sure. It "works" but it's tricky...

Bride of Pinbot is in the arcade, Earthshaker in museum just because it seems to blow a fuse once a week so I figure this takes that out of equation until I send off the board but can delay that for awhile and the game will still be working.

Baywatch is coming to the arcade the day of the pinball tournament.

Today was the day some of the games on the other side were moved out, so we're doing some rearranging and am going to try and figure out how to get some more pins in the place but we were out of luck with Creature and Revenge from Mars from Erik and I can't seem to locate a Pinball Magic so nothing new on the horizon "yet".......

Mall closing at 8 is a necessity these days, especially as dead as it has been....thank goodness for Street Fighter tournaments and the museum

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:
Baywatch is coming to the arcade the day of the pinball tournament.

Funny you should bring Baywatch in the exact same day as the tournament...

Yeah, who knows what that means..... ; )

#435 11 years ago

I am not confirming or denying Baywatch is one of the 4 games but it could be a coincidence that it is going to be there on Saturday.... =)

I did create a space for it today, though.

#443 11 years ago

You guys can film all you want

#453 11 years ago

Stack15: There's a T2 in Atlanta for $1500 on Mr.Pinball right now..

Crashdance: Sign up at the desk, Richard will take everyone's money. I will be there at 2pm or so, tourney will start at 3pm....we'll announce the games to anyone that signs up so word will get out quick...

#457 11 years ago

Crashdance, Rob is my partner who is moving to Vegas, he was the one manning the Rivergate location. The big African American guy is called "Beat em Up", 400 pds, 6'2.

Stack15: Sometimes people leave their ads up...all the pins have gone up lately (all the $3000 pins are almost doubled, so everyone is hitting up the $1500 ones)

#458 11 years ago

I know this is off topic but anyone know what the deal is with the Tales of the Arabian Nights value going through the roof lately? There are 3 people in Nashville ALONE looking for this game and I was offered $5500 for mine and I can't seem to find any out there below $5000 at all and even then they are hard to find...mine is really nice but am I missing something about this game as of late?

#467 11 years ago

I wouldn't say Arabian Nights is "gimmicky" but the scoring is super skewed. Even novices can figure out the lamp and multipliers are where the scoring are. To me Arabian Nights has the most beautiful art of any pinball machine, right up there with Voltaire, at least in the style I like.

Pins aren't going down, there is no "bubble" with them like real estate. Arcade standups definitely fluctuate a bit based on interest, movies, etc, but with video gaming still in its infancy museums are going to be a big deal (as everyone is trying to open one) but no one is really doing it correctly.

I'm telling ya, if one of these places would make me a video game curator/historian for console and arcade gaming, we'd have a place better than FunSpot and Wizard's Arcade and Galloping Ghost and my place combined....my dream is to get these things floored/sectioned off by genre and time period but I'm not spending my own money anymore to do this....I would need a building/donations/non profit status but the Pinball Hall of Fame is completely doable if someone was backing me....have to do it soon before things all reach Cactus Canyon/Medieval Madness level.

#483 11 years ago

Thank you to everyone for showing up and supporting our first pinball tournament! We had 15 total entrants.

Richard from Memphis won the tournament, so congrats to him!

I apologize for forgetting everyone's names a million times during the tournament, I know I have seen most of you there before (Erik, if I recognized you I would have been bugging you about Revenge from Mars AGAIN) but just fair warning I am REALLY bad with names (it takes me awhile to remember) so please do not take offense to that

We will definitely have another tournament next month, I just have to pick a date and post it on the website. Same format, games will be announced the day of or night before. The "big" game I mentioned in the finals for a future tournament will not be at this next one but at a much later date...

Erik: Was your Fun House originally 5 balls? I am not sure what that high score was for Grand Champion, I left it up there but I need to try and break it =P

#490 11 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Hey Richard, can you please call my mom and tell her that there is a possibility of a career in pinball? She always said I'm wasting my time becoming a professional pinball player but you have proved her wrong! What are you going to do with all that money? (joke)
What a great time and what a great job by Jason. We should let him play each game and record his scores to see how he would have faired, I know he is REAL good. How bout it Jason? honor system, please post your scores.
Unfortunately my work gig is up in Nashville so I will not be here for the next tourney but I'll be watching for sure. I really love the Nashville music (and pinball) scene and hope to return soon.
Pete (AKA CFF- Crazy Flipper Fingers)

hahahah....thanks for the compliments you never know when you can get a bad game on one of these, though...consistency is important but we all have bad games...I have no idea how well I would have done in the setting...I know the games well and I "did" play each game once beforehand yesterday as a test...for yesterday's test run I know I got 12,000,000+ on Fun House, between 400 and 500 million on No Fear, and 3.5 million on Radical...that would have qualified me and I did get 100,000,000 on Tron yesterday as the practice game but seriously, in a tournament setting you never know what is going to happen..

No pressure is one thing, but when you have ONE game to play you can get trashed on some of these and believe me, I've bottomed out on all of those games at one time or another...I know I can get 5 or 6 billion on No Fear without continuing but to do it under pressure? Probably not.

I've been to 3 tournaments before, all for Stern pinball release parties...all 3 times I failed to get Top 8...Tron, Transformers, AC/DC. I didn't know the rules of the game; give me a week and I'll do fine and I am sure now I would do well but AC/DC was won by an 11-12 year old beating up on guys that go to pinball gatherings, etc. 1 game, 1 score, don't know the rules, try to play beforehand with huge line, lol....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

With that said, that is precisely why I did an average of 3 games, just seemed a bit more fair but lots of congrats to Richard, he didn't have a lot of time to get accustomed to our pins and took home the crown Erik was actually well ahead in points, he placed 1st, 3rd, and 3rd on the pins but Tron did him in....

#493 11 years ago

Hard to say what it "made" for the arcade but we probably took in about $90 from the tourney with entries and quarters....

#497 11 years ago

It's like someone took part of the mylar "off" the playfield and left it on other parts of it for Batman, lol....

#513 11 years ago

Crash, his name is "Clint", www.aurcade.com is basically a location database that Clint keeps up with...

We just got Creature from the Black Lagoon from Erik today; I have not played it nor seen it. RIchard has it there for setup tomorrow morning...in fact I have NEVER played that game...it's one of a distinct few I want to play one of these days that I have not...

Dracula, Game Show, Frankenstein, Gilligan's Island, and Popeye are on the list of "never played" so who knows if I will ever get to on some of those...

#514 11 years ago

HI bikey, do you guys have any pinball to play in Chattanooga? I know a lot of laundromats used to...

#516 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Like I said, I never saw any real "clues" posted on Facebook or the website the day of the tournament (except for the Bride of Pinbot image, which wasn't in the tournament). What happened with that?

Who knows, maybe we forgot, lol..

#522 11 years ago

The Jan/Dec ones are the same story and to be fair both of those were outside the mall. Both of them were unrelated to people in the mall...the barber was flashing money or something and after hours someone called him out about it...the other one was a bunch of out of towners in a botched drug deal.

I mean, Green Hills has shootings/robberies but you don't hear about those too often. Heck the GameStop was actually robbed there but Antioch and Section 8i housing really killed this area; lower income = more crime.

We've never had a problem with this area though in the arcade or out....

#523 11 years ago

Pinball Dad: Our games "drain" easy on purpose. They are meant to be hard and challenging or else people rack up replays all day. I remember when we first opened one guy would come in here and play all day on $1.00 or so. Considering I spent tens of thousands of dollars on pinballs and brought them so you guys can play...you know where this is going to lead, lol...

#530 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Are any of you kind Nashville people coming to the ATL Swap Meet tomorrow? If this game is playable, I'll give you $600 for it. The quick flip should pay for your gas each way. I collect Simpsons stuff... the DE Simpsons pinball sucks and I wouldn't drive 800 miles round trip to get one. But I would pay $600 for one.
nashville.craigslist.org link
Or is this another CL scam? The pictures being from 2007 is kind of weird.

I sold a Simpsons for $900 and it took awhile to get it to that point recently...someone from Michigan is picking it up but everyone and their mother was after it except me for once. Though I can say anyone would pay $600 for a pin that sells for more. Line em up, lol.

#547 11 years ago

We've very aware that Antioch/Cane Ridge/The Crossings is the way it is...unfortunately there really isn't much we can do except "survive" and that's about it. By all means I should have just not renewed the lease last month instead of renewing for another YEAR (gasp!) as of April 30th, but I got a significant rent decrease and as long as I can get tournaments in there and people buying console games the place will survive.

Fact: We are the only place to buy/sell/trade classic games and systems for 25 miles. The closest places would be Game Trader in Murfreesboro and McKays or Great Escape in West Nashville. We have that going for us because not even Smyrna has a store like that.

Fact: Southeast Davidson county's demographics are very very high. Bell Road traffic is insane. The population is increasing exponentially.

Fiction: The mall is closing. (They aren't) They are going to change the structure of the mall. I don't know if that means moving the stores left in the place or what have you, but there are two schools moving in around the end of the year...one is Nashville State and the other is a charter Middle School. Both of those places will help us later on but it makes sense to stay in the event those places do well.

I'm well aware of the challenges being in that place but understand that the rent/electricity are cheaper than anywhere in the entire area. Any place downtown would be a ton of money with the foot traffic involved and it's hard to say the place would make money but I challenge everyone to this thought:

I refuse to open a place of business with alcohol. I don't mind putting my games in a 50/50 split to an investor that would firmly believe a BARcade would help but I'm not getting involved with liquor and licensing. No way, let someone do that but I've got a ton of machines and that would save whoever a ton of money so keep that in mind= P

MWC: I don't know of any pics of the old Tilt/Gold Mine but an old drawing of the "miner" is still in the back room along the wall. I'm still desperate searching for pictures of one of my old arcades; Pirates Family Entertainment Center on Coral Way in Miami.

#551 11 years ago

Svengo: Yes, that was the one, we had to clean it up and order some new parts for it but it is the Craig's List one. It will be for sale eventually, we are just testing it in the museum first..

Crashdance: Foot traffic did drop 40% but I did the math and storage for all these would cost more than just leaving them here. We aren't expanding anything in here except the game store portion and the tournament area. Pinballs just happen to be taking up a lot of the space right now and as videos sell we can have more space for other things. I have a Sega GT Arcade game for sale right now for $300-350 and that takes up a lot of room but it will help with space as well....I don't have to make a crapton to pay the bills but we still need people to come in and buy things and play games...

I don't know anything about wings/classrooms, etc. I assume the whole area near the foot court near Dillard's will change and they will force everyone to move to the Sears/Macys wing like it was back in the 80s originally...

#555 11 years ago

Yes, the next tournament is May 12, we just haven't announced it "officially" yet.

Same format as before, 3 games, one "big" game at the end. The game I was going to bring in for the finale is probably not going to be done/back to me in time so we're just going to go with the ones in the arcade again.

If we get Baywatch fixed in time (i think it has a switch issue in the VUK) then there is a possibility that will be in the tournament and I am not ruling out using a game we used for the last time but same rules, same time as before:

3pm, Saturday, May 12....$5 cover, $5 entry; games are announced the day of...

#556 11 years ago

diskoboy: Ya like I said, if someone else wants to invest in alcohol/location I'll handle all the gaming stuff but I'm not doing that myself, the marketing alone would be insane.

Erik: A guy named Bradley owns The Score. Sadly I have never been there and I know within the past year a half he started carrying older games because I wholesaled him some from the arcade....

#573 11 years ago

We'll mess with a buy-in at the third tournament, for right now we will keep it the same....

Also, to answer some questions, watch Tron Legacy. That is how we turn games on in the morning.

Baywatch switch diode came off for some reason, works now. Fixed by Brandon.

#574 11 years ago

Now broken again, yeah switch!

#575 11 years ago

NOW FIXED!

#580 11 years ago

There's no plunger on Baywatch, it's a wireform in the wrong position preventing the auto launch to depress correctly caused from being at Rob's but it works now.

I'm coming back from Kingsport auction with Frankenstein and maybe something else. We'll see. If some of these other games would sell already we'd have more room in the arcade already, lol

#582 11 years ago

Pinball looks good but we don't have nearly enough regulars to support it. It's just better monetarily as an investment vs video these days.

Also I know none of you have done this yet but if we ever strike up conversations about pinball, please please please DO NOT refer to games by their abbreviations to me. It is one of my biggest pet peeves and it sounds like everyone is speaking in code. We don't have talk like that for arcade stuff (sans the geniuses that thought it was cool to call Nintendo cabinets "Ninty") but if you really think TAF CFTBL IJ WH20 TOM STTNG and TOTAN are part of the cool, hip lingo, it's not. You can condense without nonsensical abbreviations. Sorry for my rant, you can return to your regularly scheduled wtf is going on with the Game Galaxy pinballs and is Jason spending all his money on pinball instead of his baby? =P

#585 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

So yesterday Williams and I ended up spending all of 50 cents each, playing for 30 minutes and walking away with 3 credits on POTC (sorry.. 2006 Stern Pirates of the Caribbean ) at Toots. And now we know why other places have their games set a little harder.. the replay settings were just set way too low.

Pirates is one of the worst offenders with being an "easy" game...I was in Chattanooga and spent literally an hour with no end in sight on a game at a now closed pizza joint...I love the theme but the game (at least everywhere I have played) is silly.

Mystic, the Toots you went to was the Murfreesboro one? i thought they took Pirates out at Toots in Smyrna...

Crashdance: The auction is this Saturday, I "think" Mystic is going as well.....I'm bringing Richard and Brandon and my friend Miguel from Miami...they usually have around 30-40 pins to sell and 500-700 arcade/redemption pieces.

#588 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are we talking about 2 different auctions here?

www.auctiongamesales.com is the only auction I am referring to.

Mystic: I'll be there Friday night but I've seen 20 pins show up Saturday morning in addition to Friday's mess but you can call/text me Friday to see...worse comes to worse I can get you one but you have to pay the fees it costs me for the guy to bring it back in addition to me possibly losing a game on the truck but that's your call....saves gas lol

#592 11 years ago

No, people can buy machines from other people at the auction without going "in" to the auction. I am just meeting someone up there who is selling one. If he brought it in to the auction he might risk getting less and paying fees.

#593 11 years ago

Frankenstein guy is worried about the rain possibility so I won't be coming back with it...

#596 11 years ago

There was no rain, but he didn't want to risk it

#603 11 years ago

Well I guess I ended up with Frankenstein after all...it will be at the arcade tomorrow. Will it be ready? We'll see. It looks like we have to move one of the games to the museum and MOnday NIght Football is getting the short end of the stick

#605 11 years ago

Frankenstein is at the arcade right now and functional. Enjoy it being "easy" until I get there Friday and make it tough.

Monday Night Football is now in the museum.

LEDs are now on the following:
Bride of Pinbot
Elvira
Black Rose

Guys, don't forget about the tournament this Saturday!

#611 11 years ago

Erik: Yes, 3pm again....

Those LEDs are blinding on some of the games, lol

#613 11 years ago

LEDs = save power and connector burnouts...we're not doing it to everything but considering all the pins made $1.50 or less last week sans Creature at $3.00, it's getting to the point that it is not worth keeping these things on....Hopefully I see some of you guys tomorrow, haven't heard much hype for the tournament...

#616 11 years ago

fumbleflippers, if it wasn't so far I'd be all over that. Memphis had Fun Fair and even as dingy as that place was it made money. I know there are more players there than here...kind of a shame....

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

DreamTR said:I know there are more players there than here...kind of a shame....
I don't know about that. There are only 3 pinsiders in the Memphis area, there's a few more in your neck of the woods.

I mean arcade in general...pinball players don't tend to be "regulars" at the arcade but in Memphis the fighting game community always supported Fun Fair...

#622 11 years ago

Congrats to Aaron for taking the crown in the Baywatch championship!

Aaron, Clint, Erik, and Matt were in the finals

Matt and Richard from Memphis played a one game playoff in Elvira to determine the 4th place winner.

7 players showed, thanks to MiMatt and Jamie for coming out as well, MiMatt was within one point so it was a very close tournament...

Games in the tournament:
Frankenstein
No Fear
Creature from the Black Lagoon that comes out and eats your balls
Baywatch (Grand Finale)

#635 11 years ago

I'll see if I can get Brandon to check the sleeve on it or replace it...we "should" have new coil sleeves somewhere...just waiting on some parts (coin buckets) and the CORRECT fuse for Black Knight for bumpers.

That Elvira VUK Barbeque Bonus was dead for a minute because of a rubber that landed in it, lol....at least it wasn't anything serious.

And throwing this out there, if anyone wants to have their games played at the arcade if they are interested in selling them, by all means sell them to me so I can put them in Game Galaxy or the museum....I don't really care what they are as long as we can use them for a bit and they work....I obviously will NOT be able to keep all these pins forever but at the very least they can be played a bit...

The ones that WILL go on the chopping/trading block eventually are:
Batman
Freddy
Frankenstein
Radical
Black Knight (1980)
Baywatch

The next batch to go eventually would be:
Terminator 2
Bad Cats
Rollergames

#636 11 years ago

One more thing, I am probably going to have to bring a machine from my garage to the arcade in the next month or so...I need ideas from people so I can choose:

The Shadow
Twilight Zone
Tales from the Arabian Nights
Demolition Man

If I bring Arabian Nights it's going to be 75 cents...same with Twilight Zone....

#643 11 years ago
Quoted from TZ68:

Shadow and Tales

LOL look who wakes up from his slumber =P

#644 11 years ago

Fumbleflippers: I play Attack from Mars wayyyy too much and my wife finally played Lord of the Rings yesterday and loved it, but Medieval HAS to go in the house in a few weeks when it arrives; no choice in the matter...

Mystic: I'll text you this week, I would love to get the stuff tomorrow but I'm actually at the arcade all day tomorrow...

So far looks like Shadow has it...it was one of the first pins I had that Chestnut actually fixed for me (from Pinball Pete not being able to before Rob and I knew a little more about pinball) so the diverters work well and the mini playfield on the top left works well too...those were things I was very afraid of breaking if bringing to the arcade but I'll delay the vote until everyone else has a chance to chime in....

Oh and just in case anyone has leads, we are looking for these games for the arcade:

Gilligan's Island
Dracula (Williams)
Tales from the Crypt
Pinball Magic

Don't ask me why I want Gilligan, lol...

#652 11 years ago

I've got a nice TFTC I'd trade for the Whitewater.

fumble flippers: I am sure you would= )

Mystic: Are you free every day during the week? If you are up that late I might as well come by, lol...but I can open the garage for Attack from Mars whenever...Lord of the Rings we can't play after 10 because my wife goes to sleep around then....just text me when you are up to coming by and all that...

I can't bring all these pins in unless you guys want to start helping repair everything =P It's just me and Brandon and whenever I get stuff to Mike Chestnut that REALLY needs it...thank goodness nothing is in dire straits right now...closest thing to it is the fuse that keeps blowing on Earthshaker for the VUK on the right outlane...but it only does it once a week..."only" hahahha..

and for Dr. Who fans, the coil sleeve has now been replaced and the left flipper goes up the ramp all the time now, whee!!!!!!!!!!!

#656 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Usually in the garage from 9-11pm. The door is usually open when I'm out there. Come by whenever.

I need to carry Attack from Mars in there= ) Or I'll just go for a walk down that way...

Diskoboy: I'm still afraid, that game is a $4500 machine now and this one has been HUO since 1999...I'm just afraid crap is going to start happening to that machine when I put it somewhere.....

I just know that I have to get stuff out of here so I still have a couple more weeks to think about it and I have got to buy a truck, this is becoming asinine already with me not having one yet....

#659 11 years ago

Looks more like Shadow to me

#662 11 years ago

I know I can get one video out of the garage...(Cheyenne) so I will try NOT to bring Shadow but that game is seriously one the best 15 pins I have ever played....if you guys haven't played it that is probably why I need to get my butt on it and get it over to the arcade, lol

#665 11 years ago

Next tournament is going to be in early June...probably no "big game" there during that time...

Cheyenne is out of the garage, so LOTR can come in and Medieval can go in the house when it arrives...

#668 11 years ago

Frankenstein has what I believe to be a display "chip" problem so that will remain off until I can figure it out.

#670 11 years ago

I just left it off and it works randomly; the guys were playing it tonight so who the heck knows...

#672 11 years ago

Same problem as White Water, distorted images sometimes; probably a chip just like White Water was on the board....

#676 11 years ago

Galaga 88 has been there for months...

The museum is open next weekend

I might have NO Fear again in the next tournament because it makes everyone salty =)

#678 11 years ago

Shadow would be there "in the future", not in the next few days....I got Cheyenne out...When Medieval gets here in the next 3 weeks then I can pull another game out.

#680 11 years ago

Crashdance: Haven't thought that far ahead, it's a spur of the moment thing.

#688 11 years ago

Are the super expensive classic games like I, Robot and Dragon's Lair II available for play in the Museum?

I sold I, Robot but DLII is available.

#696 11 years ago

Sadly I, Robot was the one I wanted to play again. And that's one that can't really be relived properly thru emulation IMHO.
I had a deal fall through locally for a DLII for $400 about a year ago. I would have loved to have gotten it.

Yeah it's just not a game I eventually want to keep...if I had a non profit tag for museum and building and donations believe me, I would be all over it but it's hard to justify that when I have money tied up in stuff I won't want to keep...

#700 11 years ago

I'm not sure who decides clothing 3 days in advance, lol

Museum is open this weekend too!

#731 11 years ago

We'll have Monday Night Football next to the other pins in the museum running, but we did not have time to set it up because of all the weird power issues....

Crashdance: LOL, I wonder who we pissed off this time...our prices are actually really good...heck, we sell 100 games for $40 half the time on Craig's List...and I don't know anyone that is downright "rude" there anymore; I've had a talk with everyone about it...

and games off? All (and I mean ALL) or our games are up and running and ON right now. Must be some good shit he is smoking.

#732 11 years ago

fumbleflippers: Museum is not open Sunday, just that one Saturday a month

#736 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

fumbleflippers said:williams said:Did anyone here get the HUO TSPP on Craigslist today? It didn't last long at $3,000.
Never saw that one, but Chris if you're here and reading this I looked at your ad and IMO your pin prices are Insane,and so are most of your vids. The only things even close to market priced in that entire ad were the Joust arcade or Cap&Avengers arcade.(If not a conversion)
Seriously other 'siders, how long do you think he's gonna sit on this stuff at those prices in a freakin recession?
Also while I'm being inquisitive, what're the locals opinions of Jon and his Garage Showroom. I met him about a year ago and he seemed nice enough, I was there interested in the Marilyn Taxi. I fould it to be a little less than "collector quality" for the price. He did let me play the Bonzai Run which was nicely shopped and really fun. Also played the NGG that he had sold by the time I had enough for it. Anyone have any testimonials about dealing with him?

I saw that TSPP but I'm just not interested in the title enough to drive to Knoxville. Also not sure if it needed a new dmd or what.
Chris is a nice guy. You should give him a call if you are interested in any of his titles. The prices are steep but it's like with anything else, if he's willing to sit on them long enough eventually someone will decide they gotta have it. I'm sure he'd listen to offers too. Also his RFM is nice
I think you got Jon figured out. A bit liberal with the "CQ" tag but it seems like he gets his prices on the b/w games.

Jon has sold to some high end players (Jack White among others) and when someone is looking for a pinball, he's the guy to go to in terms of volume of pins and selection available. I've bought 3 pins from him in the past myself. Sometimes his prices are actually low, some are sky high, but he moves them and that's all that matters as much as everyone hates the "market value" on them.

Chris is really nice, I guess he is turning into the "LED" pinball guy to go to out here and his hobby has turned into more of a business but he must be making money to keep getting all these things...I don't know exactly how much pastors are supposed to be making but he's got a pretty nice collection of videos and pinballs....

With me you know I'm a retailer and you know I have to pay the rent but I don't sell pinballs that often (even though my Pinside says I have sold at least 20, lol) like with anything stuff will leave and I can tell you that I will be getting rid of at least 5-6 pins closer to Halloween/Christmas because I'm overloaded with them now (close to 40)...

#739 11 years ago

I doubt I'll bring Theatre back, that thing was tortured here and I had to pay a bit of money to get it cleaned up for garage retirement.

Bride is in the arcade, it never left.

#741 11 years ago

No, it's right next to Elvira with LEDs. I have no idea how many pins are here honestly

#744 11 years ago

Crashdance, that guy that put that review on Google, he had bad stuff to say about Game Trader; it was definitely a day Richard was here, he had the games mostly off from 10-11am because no one comes here in the morning but the guy was one of those Amazon phone price checkers and said the same stuff about Game Trader. If "they" had a glowing review then there would be a problem but Rich says he was nice to the guy and working on changing shelves here so who knows, I just think it is funny that someone can come in here not spend a dime and get a voice about our business. Gotta love the internet, lol

#749 11 years ago

I had a Dredd, boy am I glad I got rid of it...I think I sold it for $750 but it was around 3 years ago...

Diskoboy: Police Force for $800 in nice shape? Steer it to me, I sold one and miss it =)

#751 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

PBINTHESOUTH said:I'll be at game galaxy Sunday after noon
Looking forward to playing cftbl first time!
Prepare to get your arse handed to you!

I'm pretty sure that game beat him up like it does to everyone else, I'm the only person that has their name up on that machine and the two times I got it were pure luck...

#752 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

DreamTR said:I had a Dredd, boy am I glad I got rid of it...I think I sold it for $750 but it was around 3 years ago...
Diskoboy: Police Force for $800 in nice shape? Steer it to me, I sold one and miss it =)
Do I get a finders fee?
atlanta.craigslist.org link

Ah that's my old one I sold for $800....I wouldn't say that one was in "great" shape, though...it came from Auction Chuck originally

#755 11 years ago

Diskoboy: Since you brought it up though, I might as well list the games I am looking for and the prices I am willing to pay since I want some more stuff for the arcade and maybe you guys know where they are more than I do, lol

Gilligan's Island-$1400
Dracula-$1900
Pinball Magic-$2500
Revenge from Mars-$2500
Twister-$1000
Diner-$1400

#756 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

diskoboy said:DreamTR said:I had a Dredd, boy am I glad I got rid of it...I think I sold it for $750 but it was around 3 years ago...
Do I get a finders fee?
atlanta.craigslist.org link
Judge Dredd has always been one of my favorites. And usually when they come up for sale, they're usually resonably priced. I actually wanted your Dredd, Jason.. But you had already sold it by the time I asked about it. Then your Taxi came up for sale so I bought it. Still love it!

Matt, I am glad someone likes Taxi, it's "fun" but just not something I want to keep. I like Jokerz more than that game...all of these games I played as a teenager anyway but some just didn't make the cut for me...

#759 11 years ago

Crash: I don't know who "the guy" is...Chris Royalty now has Erik's and he is asking $4000 for it...

#761 11 years ago

MWC: There was a shoutout to Game Galaxy on his website awhile ago so I know he likes us, lol

#764 11 years ago

Oh forgot, I need a Dark Knight. $3500 I can pay...that would work ; )

#766 11 years ago

1. Creature
2. Tron
3. Sopranos
4. Dr. Who
5. White Water
6. Guns N Roses
7. Baywatch
8. Freddy

That was last week. Creature has been at No 1 every week since it arrived.

#768 11 years ago

Erik: If I do one it "might" be on June 16. We will have a small practice tourney that day for SF games but the big 200 man tournament for 3 days is the week after and we have a lot of prep this month for it, so I am going to be swamped. Just have to sit down and make up a schedule and get this stuff situated.

Rules are probably going to be 2 different pinballs, top 4 go to a final game again, the difference is you play two games and we throw out the lowest score...

As far as Radical goes you can borrow the thing...take it home and and play it as long as you want....if you find things that need to be done to it be my guest =P but I don't have a problem with you taking it home, I know where you live ; )

#770 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:if you find things that need to be done to it be my guest =P but I don't have a problem with you taking it home, I know where you live ; )

A protector for the vert ramp plastic would be a good start.

i was thinking more like stronger Flipper Coils, lol...

But seriously we can manage these as much as we can, if you guys REALLY want to see these games differently by all means grab parts, bring them here, install them, I'll reimburse for the costs and you can play whatever the heck you want....certain things we can address other things we can't; there's still a lot of little tweaks we would like to do but we just are swamped with other stuff....

#782 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ever thought about bringing in a Data East DMD game such as Jurassic Park, Star Wars, or Tales from the Crypt? As for parts, what do you mean by that? Come to the arcade while it's open? Install a part and get free games? Sounds interesting...

I would like a Tales from the Crypt as it is a cheaper game but I missed out on Duane's when he had it because I was not in the market at the time.

Jurassic Park is a nightmare. I have not played Star Wars but Jon Hoffman has one at a fair price at the moment....

And yes, come to arcade when it is open, install parts, get free games go nuts....

#783 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'll definitely take you up on borrowing Radical! Just let me know whenever you're ready to free up a spot
I'd never played Radical before you brought it in but I assumed the flippers were on the weak side by design. You have to pretty much hit a perfect shot to make it up a ramp. Either way I'll check out the flippers. Crash can come over and fab up something to save the vert ramp

You are more than welcome to come in this Wednesday or Saturday to come and get it...It basically has to be a day Richard is there so he can help get it set up for you but yeah, do what ya have to do with it and if I owe you for parts just let me know....

How long did you want to borrow it for, til you get sick of it? LOL. I say just bring it back sometime in July, gives you plenty of time with it until you get tired of SKATE...OR....DIE......

#784 11 years ago

Hey Jason here's a Gilligan's for $1300, posted 5/23, Branson, MO
springfield.craigslist.org link

I'd grab it if it wasn't 8 hrs away and I knew a little about the person selling it = ) Thank you though, this is exactly what I am after just a bit far...ugh

#785 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

DreamTR said:Crashdance22 said:DreamTR said:if you find things that need to be done to it be my guest =P but I don't have a problem with you taking it home, I know where you live ; )
A protector for the vert ramp plastic would be a good start.
i was thinking more like stronger Flipper Coils, lol...
But seriously we can manage these as much as we can, if you guys REALLY want to see these games differently by all means grab parts, bring them here, install them, I'll reimburse for the costs and you can play whatever the heck you want....certain things we can address other things we can't; there's still a lot of little tweaks we would like to do but we just are swamped with other stuff....

I still have that extra 11630 flipper coil if you need it. And a bag full of extra sleeves.
A good way to extend the life of your coil sleeves is take some Novus 1 and a Q-Tip and spray the sleeve (inside and out) pretty good, and dry the Novus off from inside of the sleeve off with the Q-Tip or a thin microfiber towel.

We got Dr. Who working with the "last" coil sleeve that fit it, LOL but if you want to donate some parts to us, I'll trade you some free games for them, not a problem....Brandon needs as much parts as he can get...

Reminds me....Crashdance, what type of stuff do I need for Elvira? I have plastics for Party Punch and Monster Slide but they need to be mounted in somehow and I don't know what those would be...and I guess I need a red flashing light for Monster Slide as well...the mounting type screws are what prevents some stuff on our end...

#789 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:
Reminds me....Crashdance, what type of stuff do I need for Elvira? I have plastics for Party Punch and Monster Slide but they need to be mounted in somehow and I don't know what those would be...and I guess I need a red flashing light for Monster Slide as well...the mounting type screws are what prevents some stuff on our end...

It actually looks like the Monster Slide plastic is riveted into mounting brackets that screw into the posts. I see 2 phillips screws securing the lamp socket. The Party Punch plastic on the right ramp seems to be mounted the same way.
High Speed still has rear diverter issues. There's a stuck switch somewhere that will probably need replacing. Also, it seems like Whirlwind's fan might be dragging against something. When it comes on it makes a clicking sound and it seems like the airflow isn't as it should be (from what I remember playing ours on a hot summer day).

Getaway seems to have fixed itself somehow...the slingshots are weak on it...

Whirlwind's fan does sounds wacky, lol...like I said, any of these are not really too gameplay oriented but if you guys wanted to tackle them I will go out of my way to get you guys games on anything you want and pay for the parts and get you cold drinks, whatever it takes....we're super swamped

#790 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Thanks Jason, is there a better time of the day for Richard? Before/after hours? I'll try to make it Wednesday. Just let me know whenever you want it back and I'll bring it over. July would be great. I'm tossing around the idea of selling a couple more pins to add one NIB so it might be around that time anyways.
The Skate Or Die audio is funny. Is the audio clip taken straight from 720? I used to love that game but the joystick was always misaligned with the skater when I would find it.
If you guys get Elvira fixed up I will be ecstatic. Seems like it was missing posts in the outlanes or something the last time I played it. Maybe just rubbers on the star posts?

Before 10am works best. Not sure what you work schedule is like but before 10am tomorrow would be perfect. I just realized we are both in Memphis that Saturday so it would have to this Weds or Thursday in the morning or next week....

#794 11 years ago

Erik: Resident pin borrower and fixer upper...lol...actually mystic wants some Elvira shopout action!;0

So here is the story from yesterday's Pinball Magic adventure:

From Richard via AIM:

hoarders are my favorite people
Dude, that womans house was something else, she called the room the pin was in the trash room, and the room right across the hall had so much shit piled in it you couldn't close the door to the room
idk, whatever lol, that story is done, the pin is in the car
and now im going back to sleep

From Brandon who accompanied him:
that chicks house smelled like cat piss and feet btw
ur pin may or may not have a dead cat in it

#795 11 years ago

Special thanks to Erik for notifying me of Pinball Magic, now it will be in the arcade tomorrow to replace Radical while it goes on a vacation to Franklin for a month or so.

Mystic: When you are done with your current project did you want to "borrow" something as well? LOL

#797 11 years ago

I haven't played it since 1996 when I lived in Chicago...I miss that arcade. Airborne, Breakshot, Kingpin, Big Bang Bar, Pinball Magic and a gold Addams Family, lol

#800 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I'll take whatever you need work on. I'm in a parts holding pattern on Bone Busters. Got the final connector yesterday but it was too short by an inch so I had to ship it back. Waiting waiting...

Elvira needs the most work, Whirlwind second most...all of the stuff is minor but I "think" Whirlwind has a lock problem with the switches...

#802 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Can I change the mismatched flipper bat? Please?

Already did it. Changed that to an original and replaced a switch for the Pizza Passage.

Actually, Earthshaker needs a shop out more than ANYTHING, holy crap I forgot all about that game.

#807 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is Frankenstein playable? You said it has display issues? Maybe I can help you with that. I'll be down there next Saturday. Anyone else coming? jayhawkai?

Frankenstein works 100%. I fixed the display problem

#808 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Only because I noticed it and we're all chiming in...
T2 is playing well, but the skull lock isn't activating all the time. And there's some intermittent end of ball search issue. I played T2 quite a bit in the museum this weekend, and after seeing the PAPA tournament footage from it (http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-semifinals-group-1-terminator-2/) I'd love to see it make one of the tournaments one day.
And I'd be glad to help as well.

Surprisingly that actually went to Mike Chestnut for repair and came back like that...I didn't want to bring it back to him because I already had other stuff going on with it but there is a reason why each one of those pins is in the museum; they all have some annoying "tick" to them...

#809 11 years ago

But yeah if you guys want free games on stuff and think you can figure out these minor issues, bring your tools and let me know at the counter, lol then you can play all the games you want that day or longer if it takes too long to find the problems= P

#811 11 years ago

I'l be at the arcade 3-4 days a week but that is normal

#813 11 years ago

I will be in Memphis this Saturday, and....

Very very very bad news everyone, Hickory Hollow Mall is CLOSING Juy 1st, so we have to move everything out by June 30 of this month.

I am trying to find an alternate location, the only spot for certain looks to be Madison Square Mall in Huntsville, AL, which will be a $6 one hour, $10 all day thing for people to play arcade games and the normal console setups but as far as a location here in Middle Tennessee I do not have one as of yet.

I am probably able to go back to my original Rivergate OUTSIDE spot but I'm not touching that place again....so if anyone has any ideas for a warehouse or game store spot for us for now, I am all ears but as of right now we are completely in limbo after June 30.

#822 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What?? What the heck, I thought it was going to be repurposed! I knew this day was near, in the back of my mind something told me... very sad news indeed. Does that mess up the big tournament? Holy crap looks like I won't be able to see the museum unless you have it open through June. I was planning on doing it eventually but wanted more actual arcade time.
So the entire mall is closing. Any details? I thought you said the Madison Square deal fell through. Man I'm sure going to miss Game Galaxy... won't be accessible to me anymore. Jason I most likely will be coming to your house at some point... thanks for the invitation.
As for a game store spot this most likely won't work but the old Hollywood Video store in Lebanon in for lease. It's been closed for years though and the building is in bad condition.
Looks like we're on a mission to find Jason another location... Any ideas? Are you closing the arcade immediately? If not how much time do we have?

I am going to keep it open since I paid the rent for June already, which is another tactic having me move out and pay rent and not say anything. They still haven't said anything "official" but it's happening tomorrow, corporate coming and all to give us the "announcement" that they are moved away from retail.

I would love to find another spot. That is the idea, move to another spot by the end of the month as opposed to storage but I am selling a lot of the excess stuff if I have to and not moving it into a storage.

Madison Square Mall did fall through but only my "partner" fell through on it. I am opening it with or without him, I just need to find a staff to make up for the 72 hours there I need someone to work....so it's happening. The rent is cheap and it's going to be $6 for an hour or $10 for all day play on the games and there will be pinballs there for sure, just not sure which ones...

I'd rather keep it probably closer to Smyrna but here's the issue...

I can be open Fri/Sat night, have a warehouse type spot but open sparingly, or open as a game store still but strip malls require lit signage and have higher lease terms, a lot of this all depends on leasing..but yes, I need a location so let me know what you guys come up with. Call people if you have to....I can tell you I pay $950 with electricity for this one and I can go up to about $1700 a month so it leaves me with few options...especially limiting me on size...

#823 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Whats the square footage of your current location?

3,200 sq feet...

Oh and here's some irony, Incredible Dave's filed bankruptcy...gotta love it...

#824 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Well I was just going to post thanks for loaning me Radical then I see this. That's a real bummer.
If you can find a spot in Rivergate that faces the street maybe it would do better? Any options in Smyrna or Franklin?

I am so afraid of strip malls with no foot traffic....that is why I wanted a mall spot so bad....

#827 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:
Oh and here's some irony, Incredible Dave's filed bankruptcy...gotta love it...
And there's still absolutely no way to go back to Rivergate.

Not unless I had no arcade machines or pinball machines. And the rent is going up because everyone is going to need a spot tomorrow.

#828 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Have you tried The Factory in Franklin?
It may be a bit hoity toity, but it's got foot traffic. And it's in a nice area of town.
They seem to be pretty liberal about renting spaces to small business startups. There's everything from a school of design there, to a hot dog place.

I'll check in to it...room for what we have though?

#831 11 years ago

Dave's has them (arcades and pins) now, but they are the ones that got upset with CBL about us and all that...it's a mess...

I mean, believe you me guys, I want to find a spot...I think warehouses even with STORAGE for now until I find the right spot would work so if anyone can help, please let me know...

I can say that I am probably going to have to sell about 80 machines and I am not pleased about it and that includes some pins (obviously not the AAA titles) in order for me to trim down and keep some stuff here in storage and the rest of the stuff in Madison Square Mall. Madison Square Mall is going to look like the arcade, just everything moved up there minus Jay's 20 games...

#833 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So are you saying given the option that you would split GG between Madison and Middle Tennessee?

I'm taking everything I can minus the big pinballs to Madison Square Mall that is currently in the arcade, that is happening unless I find a location here quicker. If that happens I don't have to sell anything or store anything but I am under the assumption I will have to sell about 80 games and bring about 50 to Alabama and store about 40 here until I get another spot.

#835 11 years ago

The Factory is only open til 5pm, I don't have high hopes for the rent pricing there...I really wish Smyrna rent was cheaper on higher foot traffic, it's pretty high out here for some reason.

#844 11 years ago

Stones River won't call me back ever even though I spoke to them a couple of times via email....It was Cool Springs that does not want an arcade.

#847 11 years ago

MWC: Madison Square Mall has a spot perfect for us and the foot traffic is comparable to Rivergate but the rent is like Hickory Hollow. Needless to say we need something but it's a place where a lot of my stuff is just going to have to go.

100 oaks doesn't do inside retail anymore, that's what Hickory Hollow is moving towards.

Great Escape left because the rent increased....

I don't know anything about 8th Ave South or East Nashville...but I am more than open to any place you guys can help me locate. As you can tell I can't sleep because of this nightmare coming true.

And you garage can fit 180 games? LOL

I mean I can wait longer if need be but I need a cheap warehouse storage for these games or else there is a massive sale coming of videos....

#859 11 years ago

Murfreesboro is something we are looking into but the rent isn't as affordable as everyone is making it out to be and again, strip mall you saw what happened there with that. We also have to deal with competing with 29382382893 stores with classic games in Murfreesboro....but I am going to check out some stuff Monday. I really just want to be in the mall, that would eliminate all of this.

#860 11 years ago

crash: we won't be moving anything until Rob gets back into town...the first target day for physically moving anything out is June 18th or so....giving us 12 days...I will have some stuff sold by then...

Pinside prices only-
Batman-$800 if anyone wants it....

#861 11 years ago

Basically so everyone knows...

Madison Square Mall in Huntsville gets a lot of the pins...

the rest of the stuff will go into storage in West Nashville until we can find a spot. I found a $500 storage with Chuck for 100 games or so...we're just going to put most of our stuff there until we know what is going on and so I have ample time to move to a new place.

The news lies, they aren't opening HH Mall back up to retail. That isn't happening any time soon even if it did happen.

#866 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You really think Murfreesboro wouldn't work? I would definitely look into that area and their demographics. Heck, put up a poll on their Facebook page. Find a local gaming community and talk with them. Honestly if you're scared the best thing you can go is build hype. But either way I don't think you'll have a problem...

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I just think that the rent being high creates a problem.

We have $2000 total operating expenses including electricity right now.

Any other place in Murfreesboro adds to the cost and cuts down on foot traffic. Yes, there was still foot traffic at the mall.

Any strip mall has little foot traffic, you have to depend on signage (more investment) and marketing. With that I also need to make sure the console games are selling. The problem is there are 3 places that sell vintage stock in Murfreesboro already.

The total expenses at another store BEFORE Payroll would be $3000 a month.

We would have to go to $7 an hour, $10-15 all day type of business for arcades which may actually do well but there is a lot of money to go into creating this.

This is why I am doing storage for now until I can find a good spot. I am looking but this month is chaos knowing we have to get everything out by the 30th. The mall is not reopening any time soon and they definitely didn't say anyone was included with their plans, in fact they were pretty rude the way they went about doing it especially knowing we pay early each month we still didn't even know about the stuff portrayed in the media but I can tell you this the "construction" thing is just to revamp the mall and make it more attractive to non retail and "possibly" they will decide to put places in there that are retail one of these days but they will be few and far between.

Anyway, I want to reopen, I am selling some stuff but not a ton of it but again, I need a spot that won't make me lose $10-15K like Rivergate outside did with ample foot traffic. The big question I always say is would any of YOU pick XXX spot and put your OWN money into it. It's one thing to see it from a gamer's perspective but as a business owner I am not certain anyone here would do that in most of these spots (firmly believe it would do well)

Also, "community" in Murfreesboro has to be more than a handful of people. You have college kids but will they have money to spend and be regulars? That's the kicker. We still made 60% of our money from those two shelves and we were the only place in Antioch with classic games.

#868 11 years ago

The stores remaining open probably have permanent leases whereas we had a temporary licensing agreement.

I am pretty sure the two Asian restaurants, Pyramids, maybe some of the shoe places, etc will still be open but we were told once before by the manager that she didn't care about what type of business we had. It's so bizarre, we put all that work in the spot, we've had zero issues, Tilt had fights like every week, and we're treated like whatever...

Those leases probably have to run out because there are clauses keeping them open. How they would want to remain operational when they just kicked everyone else out of the mall is kind of bizarre. My lease ran until May 2013 but it was a temporary licensing agreement. Why even go through all the trouble signing me back on and renegotiating terms with me? That was not even 60 days ago when I signed that.

#869 11 years ago

Remember this, they kicked the alternative Metro Schools Academy out as well and told them the same thing a week before this, that is when we knew there was going to be a problem when the untouchable was booted.

#883 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Anything in Providence Mt. Juliet? There are several vacancies in the strip mall further out but it's literally a desert out here.

Don't know the area, don't know foot traffic but I know square footage wise it is expensive.

#884 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I've only been there once but it was a nice find!
I was very surprised that it wasn't priced per hour/day to play though.

That wouldn't have worked in that area in that mall. We did fine. We aren't having to move out because we weren't making money to keep it open.

We're "relocating" not closing, so Crashdance, probably should change the op title in the thread to something not as drastic, we're really just closing temporarily until we find a location =P

#885 11 years ago
Quoted from TZ68:

DreamTR said:The big question I always say is would any of YOU pick XXX spot and put your OWN money into it.
Totally agree,I've been considering opening a sports bar for years but haven't found the right spot..
location x3..if you plop your investment in the wrong place it could be devastating..

It would work in East Nashville. And so would games. That's the problem for me, combining the two because if I did that, I would need an investor for the bar stuff but my arcade is too big anyway and wold end up being more like Ground Kontrol in that sense but you definitely know what you are saying, the thing is it really is easy to "say" a spot would do well in XXX but putting your own money in it causes second guessing lol...

#886 11 years ago

One guy on Facebook thought it would be a good idea to open in Village of Rivergate. You know the one with Target, GameStop, Next Level Gaming, and CHuck e Cheese? Sounds great right? LOL

You guys know the rest of the story on that one. That is why I am so afraid of a strip mall and yes to MWC on the college kids, are they REALLY going to spend $6 an hour or $10 all day all the time when the rent is $2500 a month? I can't see that happening.

#889 11 years ago

Jack White would REALLY have to love us to support that = ) he wouldn't have to find machines, just get the lease on the place and collect bucks, lol....East Nashville we almost had a place but they decided to go with a pizza place instead of us...

But yeah, it's pretty simple, sign the lease and collect half the profits on everything. If a lease is $36,000 for a year believe you me I have more than that invested in pinballs on one part of the wall at Game Galaxy...no one ever pays $36K at once, lol...but yeah if people believe in a spot I would be more than happy to do this and handle my own payroll and everyone just splits on the games...100K in games right now in the arcade alone for sure....

#894 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:That's the problem for me, combining the two because if I did that, I would need an investor for the bar stuff but my arcade is too big anyway and wold end up being more like Ground Kontrol in that sense
but yeah if people believe in a spot I would be more than happy to do this and handle my own payroll and everyone just splits on the games

Wait, you seem to be contradicting yourself. Are you saying you would be able to find a sponsor or someone to do the bar? We're talking about a sports bar right?
And are you saying the lease wouldn't be a big deal to pay up front? If not then I assume you're saying that paying that lease as a lump sum to the owner would be attractive.

Eh? I was just quoting something Duane stated.

I don't have any ways to find a sponsor myself or someone to do the bar stuff.

#895 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

HH should honesly be helping the merchants in finding new locations since they really weren't given much notice.
I'd talk to the other mall tennants and pull together to have the mall management help you find another location. The mall may not listen to you individually. But there's strength in numbers.

Trust me, Angie ran this place into the ground. She's arrogant, rude, and abrasive to everyone unless you are corporate. You don't even want to know the things she has said to everyone here. Now that's a news story and CBL just looks the other way with her.

The point is you ask for help and you're going to get talked down to.

#898 11 years ago

There's nothing right now, I have to start looking more for a place but I have 1,000,000 things to do before then along with the move so nothing here yet in Middle Tennessee.

Pinball Magic will get set up tomorrow and the museum will not be open again, we have to move stuff out of it and get that prepared and I just sold 8-9 machines today including the original Black Knight.

#902 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can you post the list so far of the ones you sold?

It's all video sans one pinball...Joust, Defender, Black Knight, PLeiades, etc...

#903 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

DreamTR said:Trust me, Angie ran this place into the ground. She's arrogant, rude, and abrasive to everyone unless you are corporate. You don't even want to know the things she has said to everyone here. Now that's a news story and CBL just looks the other way with her.
The point is you ask for help and you're going to get talked down to.
I think I remember Angie from when I was working at Babbages.
You won't be able to talk her out of the eviction since she gave you the amount of time allowed by Tennessee law. But it still wont hurt if you and all the other stores pull together and ask if she get you a deal in another location owned by CBL.
If they see there's money to still be made, they may actually try and help. But defenitely don't go it alone.
If you decide to go the bar route, I may see what I can do to help financially. I can also talk to some of my old friends I used to work with when I was a DJ to see how to deal with the ABC board. And I can also help with advertising since I've done alot of rave advertising in the past.

Angie left and came back a few years ago but yes, still there. I can tell you that CBL thing was dirty, they changed the prices at other malls (they went up) right when Hickory Hollow was announced so they could get in on the craze of everyone needing a spot.

Angie does not help. She doesn't like anyone not corporate, we are nothing to her. She makes six figures working in that mall and I believe she feels everyone is beneath based on the way she conducts herself. Somehow the delusion is that she can not see this herself but if everyone else sees it, doesn't that tell you something?

We always paid early and didn't have problems but if my guys did some stuff I'd get yelled at like I was a teenager....nothing is going to get us to get a spot, they won't help us but I am going into another CBL mall anyway.

It's funny, I had no issues at Rivergate or Madison Square, only Hickory Hollow.

As far as the bar route goes, if you see a spot, let me know and I will go and look. Williams sent me a lot of places that I called for MFBO last week and I am scouting them all tomorrow with my baby in tow...

#912 11 years ago

Signed lease in Huntsville today so technically we are moving there and opening July 9.

Warehouse out in Nashville fell through, so still looking for a spot here for that as well as opening a place..

#913 11 years ago

Our museum may live on! Madison Square Mall will let us have our storage/retro museum open once a month across from our new location! If all goes well it will ready for the last Saturday in July again

#918 11 years ago

Batman, Rollergames, and Black Knight (original) are all going bye bye. Eventually Frankenstein but in the meantime they'll be enjoyed for a bit in Huntsville.

Yeah I wonder who owns that Love Tester myself, lol

#937 11 years ago

Crashdance, it has old ass rusty legs, I think it's funny honestly, lol. Changing the legs on that = furthest thing from my mind.

Pinball Magic plays but I don't think it plays well yet...I won't even look at it until the month is over.

I do have some news today, met with Ben Freeland over at Freeland Chevrolent and apparently a lot of the merchants getting booted may be moving over to his World Market he was planning on opening later this year but has to push up the date because half of the mall was calling him. Just waiting to hear back from the proposal but it's in the OLD Best Buy location (not the newer one that took over Toys R Us that closed anyway) and it would be in the back left hand corner INSIDE the old Best Buy. I think his plan is to have food places and entertainment in there but it will start slow at first...

It would be an easier move for us but I think even the barber shop is headed there too and some other stores but I would need to know before Monday because I would definitely NOT be taking all the good stuff to Madison Square Mall if that ends up being the case...

http://assets.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2011/06/freeland-buys-hickory-hollow-strip.html

This is the closest address for the old Office Max (next to the old Best Buy)
Store Details:

5318 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013

So cross your fingers...in case you wanted to know the address this is where we would be moving to if this goes through...

#939 11 years ago

Basically the Global Market in the article is getting pushed quicker because of the demise of the mall...

#941 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I vote

-Creature From The Black Lagoon
-Harley Davidson
and Doctor Who now that the flipper has been fixed. The only problem may be the Dalek shots are very sensitive.

I was in there today to pay for Rollergames, and I didn't see Pinball Magic set up. It was there Saturday all by it's lonesome, but maybe I just overlooked it today. I was only there for about 15 minnutes.

No, it was there, it is where Radical was.

#942 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

That is very promising news. Oh my gosh, if Game Galaxy gets to stay here I just might die. LOL! Fingers crossed, and good luck on the voyage ahead.

Back to the tourney though, how about Dr. Who as the final game? All of the issues seem to have been fixed. Lots of strategy.

Well, we're still going to move the museum to Huntsville and 45 or so games there as well but they would not be getting all the good pins like before...but it is going to be rough for a bit, tourneys and website and promotion have GOT to work if we stay in Antioch. I still believe in the area because everyone and their mother is going to be there soon for school...

#954 11 years ago

All I am waiting on is when to sign the lease and I'll be heading over to the old Best Buy at this point...even if it is not open in time I have storage there ready to go...hopefully this is ready Monday, I got the phone call today but some of the pins are leaving to go to HUntsville but the museum pins are coming back into the "space" that we have. After talking to other merchants it does seem like a lot of us are going there for our mini Hickory Hollow Mall.

#957 11 years ago

dunno no answers on anything, will just wing it lol

#960 11 years ago

Crashdance: they were mentioned by Freeland but who knows...I hope so, lol

#961 11 years ago

Ok, just because I am too lazy to type everything, assuming I don't take anything home and you already know what games are in the museum and arcade I would only be bringing these to Huntsville and leaving the rest in Antioch:

Getaway
Monday Night Football
Bride of Pinbot
Addams Family
Frankenstein
Fun House
Freddy
Black Rose

I have to some type of big pin there to try and get the $6 an hour, $10 all day thing....so Addams is going over there....

#996 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Great presentation Williams, we should definitely do another one. But perhaps with one less game next time, seems to take forever and was disappointed I couldn't stay for the whole thing. There's a 99% chance that the new location will have much better lighting and hopefully that will mean less ball strobing because let's be honest, all of the games are getting a full LED job eventually.
Who played Pinball Magic? I did but couldn't hear a darn thing, flippers are weak and so I couldn't make the left ramp. I love the skill shot! The bumper is cool too, didn't get to see the ball roll across the magnetic wand yet.

The flippers actually do make it up the ramps ; )

The music is really good, I'll raise the volume a bit...not sure how much stuff is going to be left in the arcade after this week, though...wand works, stage works but yes, it does need a little TLC for the switches at least....

I'm not going to have every single game LEDed....it's hard to see what is going on with all those lights in my opinion but they save on electricity and won't burn my connectors up.

#1004 11 years ago

Jamie: That was a community run tournament, I had nothing to do with it hence the lack of flyers and announcements but glad you made it to the forum finally. When you were up in NEw Hampshire did you get a chance to head to Pelham and go to Wizzard's? That is the best arcade in the country right there hands down. Check out their list online of stuff..I went there and would sell everything I owned if I had them local...holy crap....Sarah St. John sure has great taste in games...

Crashdance: I am signing the lease today, but you can change all the info officially to 5318 Hickory Hollow Parkway (Hickory Hollow Shopping Center). I'm not sure about phone/internet/exact opening date but that is where we are going...not sure when we are moving in yet so enjoy the pins now while they are still in the mall, lol..

I won't be as responsive because the move to Alabama for the other location began yesterday.

#1026 11 years ago
Quoted from nashvillan:

I did indeed make it to Pinball Wizard. She's looking to expand. Seems kind of strange to have the largest arcade in the world and the 3rd largest arcade in the world within 50 miles of one another. Here's some photos from my visit there.
Oh, and the name is Clint.
Oh THAT old Best Buy store. I thought it was going to be the old Toys R Us location which became a Best Buy which just went out of business last month. This location seems to be a more prime spot. And easy access from the interstate. Can't beat that!

Oh I thought you Were Jamie Webber, I know you as "Clint" (Aurcade) but thought you were Jamie, lol.

Everyone seems to think the Best Buy I mention is the "new-old" Best Buy, not the "old-old" Best Buy.

#1027 11 years ago

Update, address is 5320 Hickory Hollow Parkway.

About 90 machines are in Huntsville now. I'll let you guys know when we start moving. Baywatch has a major board issue so it's being sent to Coin Op Cauldron.

#1032 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

How many more to go? Are all of those in the arcade or are some in storage?

arcade can only hold 50 or so, the rest will be in the retro "museum" like we had at Hickory Hollow.

Our fleet is a Ryder truck and Richard and Rob and Brandon. lol

#1033 11 years ago
Quoted from nashvillan:

Hmm... well, if you would visit Aurcade more often, you'd see Nashvillan the Admin on there!
No worries. I've had people call me James by mistake sometimes and I figured "Jamie" was your attempt to call me James and you just screwed up the spelling.
Honestly, if I can figure out how to enter high scores on these games, I can start submitting specific scores to this website too. The only real stipulation is that I have to witness it. (well, that and the person setting the score must be a member of Aurcade... but it's free to join)

They think that because it makes sense that the new-old Best Buy would be quickly replaced with little downtime. That and I personally know one of the managers that recently transferred out of that store. It also makes sense because of the abandoned Circuit City and abandoned HH Gregg buildings next to it (that's an awful lot of abandon retail shops next to one another!), but I like this location better.
I also wondered who would help you out on your "moving fleet"?

Well, that shopping center is definitely right off the freeway, not even 1/4 mile but it's completely empty. The only thing we have going for it is same clientele and not having to fit a lot of extra money into the place AND a 6 month lease (til 1/31/13); renewal based on if we are doing ok but honestly, the rent being so cheap as long as people come in to the place normally (like Hickory Hollow) we'll be fine. I just hope they get stores in that shopping center sooner than later....but we were the first to sign...

#1035 11 years ago

Our space is supposed to be 2,400 but it's open ended and will be larger until more places move in and we get storage so I guess expect ALL of our stuff out there for now.

No idea on stores, I think 4 when it opens at best and 8-10 by end of the year is my guess but it could just be us open.

Rivergate outside did so poor; even with the people that know about us, they still don't come as often as we would like meaning we have more work to do =P

#1038 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

Jason, are you taking the neon strip lights to the new location?

Nope.

jayhawkai: Addams is in Alabama...as is Fun House....White Water I'll put somewhere brighter...

#1044 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

Jason, is the neon for sale by chance? I'm just thinking it might be cool to have a strip of the blue neon in my home game room and as a memento from the HH mall location, although I have no idea the logistics of getting it re-installed at my place.

You can have it if you want to take it down yourself...I'm not touching it...

#1047 11 years ago

The Game Galaxy letters are going with me to another location.

#1051 11 years ago

A lot of Huntsville has been antsy about the arcade so it should be fun to see how well it can do there...

#1054 11 years ago

The big question is what fun stuff mystic can do with Earthshaker, LOL

#1060 11 years ago

Erik: Rob is back in town for a couple of months as of a few weeks ago. I am pretty certain he is going to be buying his Radical back from me and getting from you before he leaves back to Vegas but that is still way in the future..

Still not sure when we can move into the new place yet, I saw the ramp for liftgate trucks in the back of the BEst Buy and that would leave us closer to our area in the corner of the BEst Buy to use..I'll contact them Monday as I would love to get some of this stuff out but we have our giant MWC tournament coming up in a few days...

#1066 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Would that be in the back right corner with the 2 loading bays if you're looking at the map picture? What else have you done to Earthshaker so far mystic?

Yes, back right corner...

Matt goes fast on these pins....me thinks Whirlwind might be a problem child but who knows...

Erik: Sounds good. If you can, keep your eye out for a Demo Man, Indiana Jones Stern, and Dracula again please =P I know you find these quicker than I do.....or even a Batman Dark Knight

#1067 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Would that be in the back right corner with the 2 loading bays if you're looking at the map picture? What else have you done to Earthshaker so far mystic?

Yes, back right corner...

Matt goes fast on these pins....me thinks Whirlwind might be a problem child but who knows...

Erik: Sounds good. If you can, keep your eye out for a Demo Man, Indiana Jones Stern, and Dracula again please =P I know you find these quicker than I do.....or even a Batman Dark Knight

#1076 11 years ago

Looks like I will be getting a Bram Stoker's Dracula and another Rollergames in a week or two.

Also looks like i will FINALLY know when Medieval Madness is coming after it is finished on Friday. If some folks want to come to the house for walking baby and Medieval Madness gameplay when it is set up we can do that.

#1078 11 years ago

my MM is not here, it's in another state...Mike is very fast when doing my pins (3 day turnaround) so it would have been back here awhile ago.....

#1087 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Hey Jason, how did you go about removing the ramp assembly on the Rollergames without having to physically take out the playfield?
I can't get a screwdriver back there, and the ramp and upper left sling really needs a good cleaning, and I don't have a rotisserie (yet).

We never removed it..at least I don't think Rob ever did, I would have to ask him tomorrow

Crashdance: Move is postponed til MWC is over.

#1088 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do we have an official list of pins staying in Antioch? Everything we had minus the stuff you said was leaving or are you putting some things in storage?

Nope, I won't really get to that point until we are open. I know that the games in HUNTSVILLE are:

Bad Cats
Monday Night Football
Addams Family
Black Rose
Fun House
Freddy
maybe 1 more I forget

Everything else will be in Antioch. Not putting anything in storage. Hard to keep track of what I have these days but I know Mystic has 2 of my pins now, and he'll be taking two others later on. Radical is going to be sold back to Rob so it is not returning after Erik is done with it...

Dracula and Rollergames will be at the mall tomorrow. Our last official day is "Sunday" and then we will be open for a Fight Night on Tuesday and that's about it until we can move in the other location

#1090 11 years ago

MWC: We took some down when we opened, but yeah, it was a pain in the butt.. lol

#1093 11 years ago

I got Dracula and Rollergames but I am not setting them up yet though I should set up Dracula

#1103 11 years ago

This is why I am not bringing this game to the arcade and not selling it just yet:

Williams Tales of the Arabian Nights Pinball Machine Coin Op RARE 1996 FREE SHIP
See original listing

Item condition: Used
Ended: May 15, 201217:47:44 PDT
Sold For: US $7,600.00
Shipping:
Freight - See shipping details
Item location: Garden Grove, CA, United States

#1105 11 years ago

i hope so

#1136 11 years ago

Whew, tournament is over!

Ok, moving day has begun, I am home with the baby but TOMORROW 4pm-9pm is the ABSOLUTE last DAY at Hickory Hollow Mall for business. We are CLOSED today (Monday) and only open that TUESDAY if you guys want to play some pins for a bit.

The new location will be storing stuff for now, and they are waiting on certificate of occupancy to get the place ready. Realistic date now is August 1 for opening.

Huntsville and Retro Museum there will be open before that. Target date is now Jul 13 for Huntsville.

#1140 11 years ago

All the games are now out! Will let everyone know when we reopen!

#1142 11 years ago

I don't have any pics, about one trip left with parts and that's about it.

Huntsville in the meantime has everything set up already, museum and arcade, we just need to plug some stuff in, test it all, and get it all on Free Play.

#1148 11 years ago

Tuesday I'll be at the "Best Buy" starting to clean up some of the pins that need it (X-Files, Phantom, etc) and plan to be there once a week until we get a definitive date on opening though most of my efforts will be for the July 13 opening in Huntsville.

#1153 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

To me, that is and will always be the old Hills store.

Did the Hills take over both the Office Max and the Best Buy? When did it close?

Also, I found out Hermitage Lanes used to also be a Hills. They have all the back area lettering and offices in the back room; pretty crazy how stupidly large it is.

#1158 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

I had the chance to stop by the old location back in November and I am glad I did. But I only played pins and didn't bother looking at the arcade games. I was just reading the game list for Huntsville and I saw Chiller, Crossbow, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs among other titles. Are these games in their original cabinets?
What y'all are doing is great, I wish we had something like GG in Georgia. Along from the arcade games I mentioned above, I would love to play Rollergames and Radical!

Cadillacs isn't going to be there, there never was an original cabinet. CHiller and Crossbow are in Huntsville, but they will be staying in the museum portion only opening once a month.

#1159 11 years ago
Quoted from nashvillan:

You might be right. But I think there was a time when Hermitage Lanes and Hills used to coexist. When Hills went under, Hermitage Lanes bought the rest of the floor space and moved their game room into the new space. The old game room was converted into the Legend's Bar & Grille that was big enough to house local music if need be.
There was a time when Hermitage Lanes had pinball. I remember playing Star Trek tng, Scared Stiff, and Jackbot over there. They don't have pins anymore, but they do have an ultra rare arcade cabinet which I "say hi" to about once a month.

The back room that I saw was the Children's section...I know they are using some of the letters from Hills (Daytona uSA, etc) in their arcade on the walls but the actual back area is what looks to be a 25000 sq foot storage section with all the old sections of HIlls still in area listed on the walls....they do have a lot of machines as well as we have bought a few from them...

#1160 11 years ago

mystic: that doesn't even look like the same Earthshaker anymore, lol...wow is all I have to say and infinite thanks...

#1163 11 years ago

Yes, they are staying in Antioch whenever we open up again..

#1166 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Any idea on the lighting for the new location? Is it going to be more like the satellite Rivergate location or more like the mall?

No,because they have no floor in yet, so we aren't really thinking about it. Right now it is storage until they get the floor in.

#1167 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

The Best Buy was a Hills Department Store up until the early 90's. I'm wanting to say 1991, when the company filed for bankruptcy. Office Max is the old Service Merchandise that closed in 2002.

From what I remember Hills changed over to Ames (in many areas) and in my part of the South (Miami) our Zayre department stores changed over to Ames and died. Of course I know not all Ames changed over Hills but it's fascinating finding out about all of these old places.

When I growing up in North Las Vegas I could remember specifically every single place that came in, left, etc...Sambo's, Zody's, Pistol Pete's Pizaa, Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Time Theatre, Safeway, Lucky, Thriftimart, Skaggs, Smith's Food King, Seafood Galley, on and on all these places just left....

Service Merchandise! I remember buying Genesis games there in the early 90s....

So the Office Max has been closed since 2002? I know the Best Buy has been closed since at least 2008 because Toys R Us was still here when I moved to Nashville in 2007.

#1169 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

We might have been there around the same time! I went to one of those 6th grade centers, remember those? I think they discontinued that stuff. Then Robison jr high and briefly Eldorado high
Back then I was into Double Dragon and 720 tho. Not so much pins!

I lived there from 1976-1985...left after finishing 4th Grade...went to CP Squires Elementary and before that Harvey Dondero...my mom went to Rancho High School and JD Smith Jr high

#1172 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

The Service Merchandise closed in '02. The Office Max, or Depot, or whatever it is, and Bed Bath And Beyond that bought the old Service Merchandise space, is still there, I guess... I haven't been up that way in years.
The Toys R Us was built in 1983 or 84. I used to buy all my GI Joe and Transformer toys there.
There used to also be a Showbiz Pizza at HH across from the movie theater. I haven't been back there in a while, but I think it changed over to CEC when the company bought out Showbiz.
I bought my NES at the Target down by Carnival Kia (which used to be an Acura dealership) back in 1986.

I'm referring to the old Office Max next to the old Hills/Best Buy. Were the spaces split in two?

The Bed Bath and Beyond and Office Depot are still there...

Chuck E Cheese is still in that same spot...

I am curious to see what will be opening with the school starting classes in 2 months....

#1180 11 years ago

From that Nashville Scene article:
"I don't know what was communicated with the tenants," the councilwoman continues, "but they knew [their lease] could be canceled with a short notice because they were on a short-term lease. When [Sears and Macy's] left, I knew it would be very costly for those tenants to stay in the interior of the mall, and although I know we're getting those [new] anchors, I do know that a business is not going to operate at a loss."

Dowell adds that she's worked to connect tenants with area strip-mall mangers to shepherd them through the storm.

Lies. I RE-SIGNED a lease for one year until May 2013 a MONTH before they evicted everyone. This whole thing about business operating as a loss, we weren't losing any money. We could be the only store in the freaking mall and we wouldn't lose money, lol. There's also no way we were contacted to work with strip mall managers. We had to find all that out through other people but the bottom line is the rent was cheaper at the Global Market and hopefully the outlook is better when it actually opens up. I just find that whole statement funny because she doesn't really know about the leases or my business.

#1182 11 years ago

jayhawkai: Any temporary licensing agreement (including Huntsville) has the option of kicking a tenant out for any reason whatsoever. It is what gets us the cheapest rent available. Both Rivergate locations has this. It is the difference between $1000 rent and $4000 rent a month.

#1195 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is anyone taking anything to or getting anything from Mike Chestnut this week? Trying to coordinate moving a pin without renting a vehicle. We'll see...

You can use my Pinball Transport Cruiser. Just pay for the gas to get it there....

#1198 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow you're not dead!

Been in Vegas for 4 days

#1200 11 years ago

ya, lol....I was playing Street Fighter IV AE at the EVO Championships...that is why I went to Vegas

#1203 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How'd you do at the championships?

5-2

Basically lost a close match vs a top Japanese player named Momochi, won 5 straight against other people, then lost a close match to a top Midwest Zangief player from Minnesota...There were 1500+ entrants so that puts me in the 100-150 range overall.

#1215 11 years ago

Ok, so.....here is the latest:

Huntsville had a soft opening yesterday only for $5 free play...Everyone enjoyed it and the place did well. We still have 3 games to fix (non pins) and the plan is to open next Friday up there which by all means is happening.

Antioch...

They won't have the floors ready and all the building stuff up to code until at LEAST Mid September.

Because of that we are moving the pinballs, console setups, console SALES, and Japanese machines to (I think) 5346 Hickory Hollow Pkwy in the same shopping center with 7,000 sq feet. It seems like a better location in the short term anyway and we plan on OPENING July 24 (Tuesday for Fight Night) The location is to the LEFT of the new barber shop and we plan on moving stuff in this Tuesday so expect the pins to be ready for you guys....we aren't moving any of the arcades in unless we have an abundance of people starting to come in so its strictly a game store/pinball hall/fight night place for now.....

#1228 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The Murfreesboro one in Stones River mall used to have a Roller Coaster Tycoon but it hasn't had a pin in months. Not sure about the Franklin location, it might still have its RCT.

This is just a temporary location then? Are all of the pins previously in the mall going here? I saw at least a dozen large campers in the Global Market parking lot as well as some coming soon signs. Does the car salesman own those? What are they being used for, future merchants' stock? Does he really have that many contracts already? By barber shop do you mean that beauty salon? It sounds like you have a double-wide place if it's that kind of size. Any idea on the dimensions?
July 28 sounds like a good meet-up date. I'll ask Woody if he can make it.

I can't answer all those questions.

There is a barber shop in that strip mall, not to be confused with Lien Nails.

It's 7,000 sq feet but again, i am not putting the whole place there, just pins and Japanese stuff and console stuff to buy/sell.

Erik: Fight Night is basically just training for the Street Fighter/King of FIghters crowd

#1230 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

T
Addams Family, The
(Bally, 1992)
Black Rose
(Bally, 1992)
Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street
(Gottlieb, 1994)
Funhouse
(Williams, 1990)
Getaway: High Speed II, The
(Williams, 1992)
Machine: Bride of Pinbot, The
(Williams, 1991)
Monday Night Football
(Data East, 1989)

I'm going to miss a few of those but we'll have more access to the old museum pins now. Back to the Future is cool as well as all the others. Ready to check out Terminator 2 now that it's cleaned up.

Crashdance, the only ones in Huntsville are listed above, not sure where you got the idea those other games were in Huntsville....

Radical is with Erik, lol

#1231 11 years ago

Oh and I never owned Fish Tales, that was Jay....so that's back at his place

#1233 11 years ago

The stuff I had minus Fish Tales and what is in Huntsville. That is what is in Antioch but for now Radical, Earthshaker, and Terminator aren't there at the moment. Everything else is.

#1238 11 years ago

Tron is soooo fun =)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DreamTR. You are on page 1 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area?tu=DreamTR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.