tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 119.
#351 12 years ago

Crashdance: We have to have an entry fee or else there's no point to the tournament, lol..I don't think you'd have any worries, it's all for fun and people have a chance to win back their entry fees at least but you should participate...I can't hold another one of these unless the numbers start off decent...This is the first tournament I've agreed to in 3 and a half years for pinball....

Williams: I'll announce the games at 12pm, that sounds fair. 3pm Start time on April 21st would be the easiest for me to remember, so we might as well make it official!

Only rules I can think of...in the case of a malfunction we go to another game...(meaning hard reset, etc) I don't see a problem with people moving the machines, the tilt is on there for a reason, whatever works...these are player's machines...I've thrown my shoulder out from moving Tron, lol..if you can think of anything else, let me know..

Keep in mind the games I choose are going to be hard and fast and if you know me you can probably figure out 2 of the games already...

Bride of Pinbot now works but is in the museum...I need to get her out and put her back in the arcade somewhere....

#352 12 years ago

So we know Tron will be in the tourney...

Sounds like a good plan to me. April 21st at 3:00pm it is. I'll post to RGP and Pinball Bash with the details. Let's spread the word!

Jason, let me know if I can help with anything. Thanks again.

#353 12 years ago

Yeah I figured this was the first pinball tournament you've ever done. Alright then, I've just never played in a tournament before. The place could definitely use the money too. Looks like I'm in.

I see Tron and Getaway at least. Probably No Fear too. Don't expect me to get anywhere on those! But it will be fun. Will we keep track of the brackets on a whiteboard or something?

We can do some multiplayer practice games guys once the titles are announced. I know I'll need it! As for the time I would prefer something closer to 2:30 since I don't know how long this is going to last and I want to be out of Nashville before the sun starts to fade. Also out of respect for my friend's schedule.

#354 12 years ago

I can't imagine it lasting until after sundown. Even the 4 player A-division games from the pinball.org videos last 15-20 minutes. I don't see our games lasting that long.

I'm new to tournaments too. Looks fun though, and anything that gets people out playing pinball is a good thing!

#355 12 years ago

Jason what is the price again? $5 cover and a $5 entry fee? What the difference in the 2? I can do that.

Williams: Ah, ok. Still new to the tournament thing. I guess I'm thinking about a setup where the winner of a 2 player match plays the next competitor, the winner of that plays next, and eventually the branches merge and narrow down to some finalist rounds. Glad we're keeping it simple.

#356 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Jason what is the price again? $5 cover and a $5 entry fee? What the difference in the 2? I can do that.

$10 total to enter the tournament. The $5 cover goes to the arcade for running the thing. More than fair. $5 entry fee goes toward the prize pool.

So if 10 people enter...

$50 total prize pool.
First place gets 70% ($35)
Second place gets 20% ($10)
First place gets 10% ($5)

#357 12 years ago

Fun stuff! Definitely planning on making it! Will be good to meet some pinheads and donate to the winner

IMO NF and Getaway are sort of similar but NF is so much more fun. I'm equally bad on either tho. Gotta have at least one alphanumeric in the mix. Just saying...

#358 12 years ago

Alphanumeric? I vote Black Knight 2000.

#359 12 years ago

Williams has all the info correct, we'll post it on the official website and Facebook page this Weds ; )

#361 12 years ago

Anyone else make it to the museum this past Saturday?

I have to say I think it was the best one yet. The pins were fun of course but this time I would guess that I spent as much time playing the video games. I know this is a pin site but Jason has some of the nicest examples of some lesser seen games. That triple-screen Darius for example is one the nicest ones I've seen in a long time.

#362 12 years ago

Well evidently Jason won't be able to participate since there is a cash pool. Right?

#363 12 years ago

#364 12 years ago

#365 12 years ago

Does that mean 3 games for the determining rounds or 3 games altogether?

#366 12 years ago

Here's how I see the rules. Jason, please correct me if I'm wrong.

There will be three qualifying games. You'll play with up to 3 other players on that machine, but are actually competing for the best overall score on that machine against all other players in the tournament.

Assuming a 10 person field (and if there are more than 10, everyone past 10th place would get zero?)

1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 9 points
etc.

Do this for the three qualifying games and add your points (not the machine scores). So if you placed 1st, 5th, and 3rd you would have 24 points. The top four players with the highest point total will play a one game final with the winner based on that machine's score. If there is a tie for the finals a one game playoff will be played.

Did I miss anything?

#367 12 years ago

Williams: That is 100% correct with how the tournament is being run.

Crashdance: I don't even enter my own Street Fighter tournaments, lol...it's actually hard to run tournaments and enter at the same time (moreso in fighting game tournaments) but long story short, I will not be entering, however, Rob will be entering. I think it will come down to williams, rob, and Jamie if he plays but I could be wrong, most of that is based on top scores throughout the pins..you never know, one bad game = shit but at least you have 3 chances total with other games to redeem yourselves =)

#368 12 years ago

Fast games kick my butt. Especially since I don't get much practice time with them. I don't plan on being a finalist but I'll try my best and have fun. Plus the arcade will get a little extra money. If it's ok with everyone I may record the final round on video (on my phone) and list it here. Only Pinsiders will be able to see it. Good exposure for the arcade. I think it will be a good time!

#369 12 years ago

Funny how you posted the April 28 tournament announcement before the pinball one on the 21. Unless you're not posting updates in chronological order.

#370 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does anyone know diskoboy1974 on YouTube? He's local to the Nashville area and seems to be a Game Galaxy regular. I have tried messaging him once months back and didn't get a response. I sent him another message 2 days ago inviting him to participate in the tournament but he hasn't responded to that either (he was last online sometime this morning). He posts comments on my pinball videos and uploads arcade gameplay of his own but doesn't often respond to my private messages. I may post something on his channel.

Ask and ye shall recieve!

Someone flagged your message as spam, but I got it in my email box the day before yesterday. I've just been kinda busy being the errand boy for my dad the past few days since he just had eye surgery.

But count me in!

#371 12 years ago

if you build it.. they will come..

#372 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Funny how you posted the April 28 tournament announcement before the pinball one on the 21. Unless you're not posting updates in chronological order.

April 28 tournament is huge...we had posted that even before we knew the one on the 21st was happening, lol

#373 12 years ago

Earthshaker is back to working but now in the museum...

We're trying something different in the museum this time....LIGHTS OFF.

Also say goodbye to Discs of Tron (sold) and possibly I, Robot.

#374 12 years ago

Is White Water working? I always seem to catch it during downtime

#375 12 years ago

It's back up. Jason sent it to Coin-op Cauldron for DMD board repair. And I don't see the updates yet.

#376 12 years ago

Is Doctor Who working yet? The past two times I was in there, it was turned off.

#377 12 years ago

So you did get my messages diskoboy. Welcome to the Pinside! Dr. Who should be good, I was probably the one that turned it off when you were there because it was acting really crazy:

#378 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I was probably the one that turned it off when you were there because it was acting really crazy

Ah, the infamous "don't touch the mini playfield" warning... That switch was always problematic.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/doctor-who/stories/keep-hands-away-from-mini-playfield

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#380 12 years ago

9 likes so far on the Facebook post. This might be a big turnout. Are you coming diskoboy?

#381 12 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

This pin tourny sounds epicly insane. Def going to try to make it out. Heck, I'll pay just to watch this geek fest!

sweet, see you there!

#382 12 years ago

Did you play some pinball in Lebanon mystic? We're making progress with Hook, just doing some shopping. Replacing bulbs, rubbers, plastics, cleaning. It shouldn't be too long until you see it again.

By the way, I convinced my dad the power supply was repairable, so we replaced the rectifier and it works again.

#383 12 years ago

Nope, was in Brentwood all week instead of Lebanon.

#384 12 years ago

Dr. Who is up and running. White Water is only down until Richard brings me the board for it. Mike Chestnut repaired it for us and as soon as it arrives here it will be fixed.

Coin-Op Cauldron did get Bride working so that replaced Earthshaker which is now in the museum.

We are planning on getting some other random pins in the next month or so pending some deals but I honestly couldn't tell you what we are getting, makes it a bit exciting.

#385 12 years ago

I bet you didn't expect me so soon, lol. My dad and I were out in Nashville yesterday and we thought hey, why not? mystic looks like No Fear is your new favorite. Who was with you? I saw another guy with his son and he was really getting into it. I wonder if he is on Pinside?

Yeah Dr. Who played great, except for the coins not registering 30% of the time. I know the game has gotten a lot of play but check those credit switches. As for Radical returning coins all the time coin mechs can be finicky. It's more important that the player gets credit, but I'd have it looked in to. Did Mike Chestnut say anything about Indiana Jones's mechs? They were doing the same thing.

Elvira's left playfield general illumination string is out. Only 2 or so GI lamps on Addams Family were working so it was hard to see overall. But that didn't prevent me from having a good 100+ million game.

#386 12 years ago

I'm actually having to wait in line to play Ripley's. Lol!

mystic if you're interested I'd say it's about 75% playable. It had a few more issues than last time. The operator put a piece of duct tape covering the temple scoop following the habitrail. The flippers are a bit weak so you can't always make the ramp shots. The replay score is crazy low though and I got 2 extra balls in one game. The mode scoop/subway must have a ton of dirt because most of the time you have to shake the game just to get the ball to the switch. For some reason the ball lock doesn't kick locked balls out at the end of a game. I had to reset the machine 3 times due to either this or it not ejecting a ball into the shooter lane. What's strange about this is the game WILL kick locked balls out as soon as it's turned on, but that could just be a startup routine regardless of if the switches work or not.

Half of the problems with the machine are switches. The other half is trough/subway dirt. Which is not surprising considering ther playfield is dirty. 5 minutes with Novus would make it look so much better. 15 minutes removing and cleaning the troughs and subways/fixing switches would solve the playability issues.

#387 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

9 likes so far on the Facebook post. This might be a big turnout. Are you coming diskoboy?

Yeah, I'll be there.

But I realized today, I really need to practice. I went to Game Galaxy today, and was playing horribly. It seems the only game I had any luck with was No Fear.

#388 12 years ago

Good to see you at the arcade diskoboy....

I've already decided on the three games and the big finale for the 21st...

The only hint I will give is that not all of these are new DMD display games. There will be an older game in the tournament.

#389 12 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The only hint I will give is that not all of these are new DMD display games. There will be an older game in the tournament.

Trying to remember what you had/have on location that would fit that.

WW, FH, BK2K, MNF, SIMP, BC, POTO, BOP, EATPM

Looking forward to it!

#390 12 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Machine.gifMachine.gif

nyah.PNGnyah.PNG

#391 12 years ago

How lucky can I be? I'm a pinball addict from Buffalo NY area and I am working accross the street at Maaco body shop repairing hail damaged cars. Been dropp'n quarters like crazy at Game Galaxy.
My favorite all time arcade. The best kept machines in the world!

I sure hope I will still be around for the tournament. Can I link those details to a few other pinball sites? Good luck. pete

#392 12 years ago

Just remembered that I'll be out of town during this tournament. Hope there'll be another one soon that I can attend. Good luck to you participants!

I was in Lebanon last Wednesday night and hit up the pins at Holiday Wash and the Roxy. Are there other locations with pins in Lebanon or is that it?

Also, I'm curious how my post above got a tilt warning.

#393 12 years ago

Probably because you sounded sarcastic. But ignore the trolls. They're always lurking, waiting...
Did Ripley's give you much trouble? What did you think of the duct tape? Hook should be going to the laundromat today in place of Cue Ball Wizard, which is going off to a bar. We shopped it out last Friday. Good cleaning, broke some of the playfield down, cleaned ramps, new bulbs, rubbers. Plays great.

#394 12 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I sure hope I will still be around for the tournament. Can I link those details to a few other pinball sites? Good luck. pete

Hope to see you there. Feel free to spread the word!

#395 12 years ago

williams you seem to be the one running this thing, not Jason. That's good though, I learned a few things about tournaments.

#396 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

williams you seem to be the one running this thing, not Jason. That's good though, I learned a few things about tournaments.

Not me at all, but I'm glad to help and spread the word where I can.

#397 12 years ago

Hook is on route now. I also added the bar to the map where Cue Ball Wizard was moved to (Bonkers Pizza).

#398 12 years ago

It's quiet in here...

#399 12 years ago

Ya, i don't frequent pinball boards so marketing = not me, or promotion...I will be the one running it, though.=)

White Water display works now. Back in business guys...

#400 12 years ago

No website post?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.