Topic Stats

• 5,926 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 867 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).png
image1(1) (resized).JPG
GB launch TGP (resized).JPG
tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20151209_202556453.jpg

There are 5926 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 119.
#301 7 years ago

Dude that's like, totally rad! I'll be back sometime in mid/late April. That's a good idea to move Bride of Pinbot out if it can't be played right now.

Oh and this is now PAGE 7 you guys! 300 posts! Awesome!

#302 7 years ago

Yeah Bride is right next to Tron =P Museum date is official with working AC, March 31, and again at the end of April, both are last Saturdays of the month

#303 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing Radical, never played that one before. Will be there this weekend.

Also working AC in the Museum will be great, looking forward to it!!

#304 7 years ago

So is air conditioning a main reason for the rework of the museum? What exactly was so major about the changes? Was there some remodeling, or just strategizing what games will go in there and their locations?

#305 7 years ago

I had to read the posts 3 times before I realized AC wasn't a pinball machine.

#306 7 years ago

No, I bought a game store so the museum was clogged with the inventory until I could go through it and move it all to the back.

Radical is at the mall, but not in the arcade until later this week probably...small chance I can get it in there tomorrow....

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

williams said:DreamTR said:"Cirqus Voltaire I run from.
How dare you.
But I'm the guy looking to replace his TZ with Sopranos, so what do I know?
LOL Sopranos is fun
VOltaire looks pretty. Don't get me wrong, I've TRIED to like that game many times, but it's just a nice game to look at. Heck I used to OWN one and traded DOWN for Scared Stiff. There is not a lot to do. It's purposely made for people that are into the 70s-80s "style" of pinball but wanted something amazing to look at. Gorgeous machine but boy is it overrated. I'll take 50 pins over that any day of the week.

I agree about the looks, and that's what I like about it so much. For me, the combination CV has of art/dots/music is the best of any machine I've ever seen. It's not the deepest, but it has a nice combination of strategy if you're a player, or just 'aim for the ringmaster' for those who just visit the house. It's the most played one I've owned by far.

That said, CV is bringing stupid money these days. $5K could be better spent on other pinballs IMO. For example, Shadow, FH, and NF could be all be bought for about the same amount of money as a CV and that's a pretty killer lineup.

#308 7 years ago

Stopped in GG this afternoon and Radical was there and set up. I gotta say I found it a pretty fun pin. I liked a lot of the shots in the game but mostly it was the fun 80's skateboard theme that really did it for me.

Once again it's just simply awesome to have some great pins and classic video games to play so close by. Looking forward to the museum next weekend!

#309 7 years ago

Yes, Radical was set up early Museum should be a fun one next weekend too, hopefully nothing blows up again there =/

#310 7 years ago

So where exactly is the museum?

#311 7 years ago

Straight across the hall mystic.

#312 7 years ago

It's the all blacked out store to the left of Sears and the right of the Police Recruitment Station...

#313 7 years ago

Are you still selling video games to make room for the game store?

#314 7 years ago

No a friend of ours has 30 games in there, he has to have 10 of them removed so we can make room...and the big TV is leaving as well....

#315 7 years ago

Wouldn't the television be a problem with tournaments? I know you have more than one.

#316 7 years ago

No, it's just taking up too much room, we have 6 stations we use...we remove that one we have room for 2-3 more.

#317 7 years ago

I just found out some Radical! machines are Diamond Plate test games. Does yours have a Diamond Plate clearcoat or normal mylar? You'll see it stamped below the flippers if it does.

#318 7 years ago

I noticed White Water and Funhouse were removed from the Pinside Map location. Robin edited the list yesterday. Are these games gone now or were they removed by mistake?

#319 7 years ago

No, they are still there.

#320 7 years ago

Earthshaker works again until I change F4 fuse lol. White Water seems to be behaving

#321 7 years ago

Did White Water come back from Coin Op? Also, you said the Madison Square deal fell through? What happened? Do you have a plan B?

#322 7 years ago

Anyone interested in another meetup soon? We had talked about maybe doing this when the museum was open on April 28 but that looks like that could be a busy day for them since there's an event going plus several fighting tourneys. Also, that is the same day as the Atlanta Swap meet and some in there area might be going to that (I might).

I'll throw out a tentative date of April 21 or 22 for a meetup but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe we can have an unofficial (i.e. 1st place gets bragging rights) tournament? Jason, including you in the tourney as well if you're interested.

Any takers?

#323 7 years ago

There's a good chance I can do Saturday April 21 as mid/late April is what I was thinking. I'll ask my friend about that, hopefully he can make it (I don't travel without a riding buddy).

In terms of the tournament, yes. We need to do that. Are you up for it Jason? I might participate. Baywatch would be a good candidate since it's a 6-player game but it may be too early for that if it's going to be late April before that comes in. Are there any other games that support more than 4 players? FYI: Sopranos, Guns n' Roses, Freddy, and Monday Night Football are games I am not interested in.

#324 7 years ago

Gonna be working outside of Nashville for 2 weeks starting April 16 Mon-Thurs. Is GG the place to go or are there any other pins in the wild? Thanks guys

#325 7 years ago

Game Galaxy is THE place. They're the only real arcade left in Tennessee. They have over 100 video games and 16 working pinball machines, and they're all very clean and functional. It's actually located in the Hickory Hollow Mall in Antioch outside of the food court on the upper level. Are you thinking about a visit with us?

#326 7 years ago

The April 28th event will not conflict with the museum as we separated museum/tournament...we're doing the same thing at the end of this month (March 31, this weekend)

Williams: I will be running a tournament on the April 28th date, if you guys want to have a tournament on that date or another and need my help or not need my help running it, let me know, I can come up with the games/rules, etc...

#327 7 years ago

I would personally prefer the 21 as I have already invited a couple more people, but what did you have in mind Williams?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Game Galaxy is THE place. They're the only real arcade left in Tennessee. They have over 100 video games and 16 working pinball machines, and they're all very clean and functional. It's actually located in the Hickory Hollow Mall in Antioch outside of the food court on the upper level. Are you thinking about a visit with us?

Yea Ill definitely check it out! Either 16-18th or 23rd -25th

#329 7 years ago

Let's just say April 21st at 1:00 tentatively for now.

As for the tournament, that was just an idea for something different that might be fun. Jason, your help/participation with a tournament would be appreciated. I figure we should see how much interest there is in that date before we come up with any rules, etc.

#330 7 years ago

I'm officially on for April 21. Jayhawkai is coming too. I may have to drop in closer to 2:00 though.

#331 7 years ago

I also messaged a few other guys. mystic is in and Erik and Pintucky will try to make it.
Don't forget there are 4 machines in Lebanon too if you're in that area. Addams Family, White Water, & Cue Ball Wizard at Holiday Wash laundromat. Ripley's at the Roxy Theater.

#332 7 years ago

williams: I'll probably just do something like pick 3 random games for everyone to play and overall highest scores on top 4 will do a playoff on a 4th machine, everything to be named at the event so no one has time to prepare You know it will be at least on the machines in the arcade....the only one not there yet that will be in there again are Bride of Pinbot and Baywatch but Baywatch may still not be in by then....

Since Macys left, we're down 35-40% so we're going to have to figure out something quick...

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

williams: I'll probably just do something like pick 3 random games for everyone to play and overall highest scores on top 4 will do a playoff on a 4th machine, everything to be named at the event so no one has time to prepare You know it will be at least on the machines in the arcade....the only one not there yet that will be in there again are Bride of Pinbot and Baywatch but Baywatch may still not be in by then....
Since Macys left, we're down 35-40% so we're going to have to figure out something quick...

That tourney format sounds good to me. The simpler the better for the first time might be good.

I don't know how you or others here feel, but I'd even be open to running it like you do your fighting tournaments. That is, a cover fee plus a prize pool. That would definitely be your call. I'm just interested in meeting some other players in the area and having a blast playing some pinball. I appreciate your willingness to help with all of this.

So, how does a tourney start at 2:30 on April 21 sound to everyone? Maybe respond to this thread so we can get a rough count?

#334 7 years ago

Aww bring the Baywatch in the tourney. I need an unfair advantage over Williams. He's better than me. I think I can take him on this mysterious Baywatch game you speak of.

#335 7 years ago

He's going to throw us all for a loop and put Bad Cats in the tournament.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from williams:

He's going to throw us all for a loop and put Bad Cats in the tournament

That may be the one game there I've never played...

#337 7 years ago

So Macy's is gone? I thought it was leaving with Sears in May. The reduced activity you're seeing is very unfortunate. Again, do you have a plan B, Madison Square?

The tournament format sound good. I should be able to stay a little longer since we have an extra hour of daylight now. Yeah mystic, even if Baywatch is there I don't think you have anything to worry about. Jason does this mean the participants will be limited to four since that's the maximum number of players per game?

#338 7 years ago

No, there can be as many players as possible, we are just going to do it based on the top 4 scorers overall.

For example, we have 10 entrants, we simply do 2 sets of 4 player games on the same machine and one set of doubles.

1st game-
Medieval Madness

2nd game
Guns N Roses

3rd game
Flipper Football

We can assign a point system: 1st place 100 points, 2nd place 90 points, 3rd place 80 points, etc

Mike placed 1st, 2nd, and 4th in the 3 games overall, so he qualifies based on XXX points
Joe placed 2nd, 2nd, and 7th in the 3 games, same factor, qualifying based on XXX points

The we do 1 final game (Apollo 13) and the top 4 face-off there.

If you guys hammer out the details just add this on to it: $5 cover charge, $5 entry

Prizes-
1st place-
70% of the entry fees

2nd place-
20% of the entry fees

3rd place-
10% of the entry fees

But I can run it that day, just get some times hammered out and an official "posting" and whoever wants to bombard the newsgroups and forums be my guest...

#339 7 years ago

This is just for bragging rights correct? If there's an entry fee I'm afraid I won't be participating. There's so much other stuff I could be spending my money playing.

#340 7 years ago

I'll sponsor you crash, but you owe me half if you win.

#341 7 years ago

Tourney structure sounds good to me. No problems with the payout/cover either. If I need to come up with a loose set of tournament rules please let me know. I'm not sure if we need to specify no bangbacks, what happens with a malfunction, etc. Whatever I can do to help. Feel free to message me.

The only thing I can think to suggest is the game lineup be told a little before the tournament. That way we can get a little practice in before. Maybe something like if the tourney starts at 2:30, the game list be public at 12:00?

If this sounds good I can spread the word to RGP and Bash. I'm not on KLOV so maybe someone else can post there.

Any other ideas/thoughts?

#342 7 years ago

Does anyone know diskoboy1974 on YouTube? He's local to the Nashville area and seems to be a Game Galaxy regular. I have tried messaging him once months back and didn't get a response. I sent him another message 2 days ago inviting him to participate in the tournament but he hasn't responded to that either (he was last online sometime this morning). He posts comments on my pinball videos and uploads arcade gameplay of his own but doesn't often respond to my private messages. I may post something on his channel.

As per the tournament, as I said before, I'm not a very competitive player. I would like to do something just for bragging rights but if you guys want to have an entry fee/cash prize then I suppose I'll watch on the sidelines. Heck, I might get some video too. It's ultimately up to Jason.

#343 7 years ago

Update: Toots in Murfreesboro has a POTC.

#344 7 years ago

Cool, but so does the CEC across the street from the mall. It's a cool game.

#345 7 years ago

What's CEC?

#346 7 years ago

Chuck E. Cheese. I'm actually talking about the Antioch place. It appears that Stones River's CEC no longer has them. I visited with my dad last year and they had a Roller Coaster Tycoon and it was in good shape. The next visit, it was gone. I think locations were doing remodeling across the country. 2 weeks ago I peeked in the windows and didn't see any machines.

#347 7 years ago

But they don't have beer and chicken wings at chuck e cheese. The POTC was in great shape too, surprises me when I see all the lights working on a pin in a bar.

#348 7 years ago

Wait a second, are we talking about 3 different locations with Pirates of the Caribbean? Really? Some variety would be nice. By the way, are you interested in playing Ripley's? There's a nice one in Lebanon.

#349 7 years ago

I think Williams said there used to be an SM at toots in the boro and that's what I was hoping to find today. Op must switch em out to keep it fresh. I like me some POTC though so it was still a pleasant surprise.

I haven't played a RBION yet and I'm actually going to be in Lebanon for a few days this week for work. I'll probably end up there at some point.

#350 7 years ago

Yeah, be sure to stop and both places. White Water is in great shape and plays good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
There are 5926 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside