tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 119.
#2851 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

put down some painter's tape to get the edge straight.. easy and quick. The other method would be to hold a straight razor but I like the tape method better myself. Put some sort of spot clear down after the touchup or it'll just come right off after a handful of games.

Thanks for the pointers mystic. I'm probably just going to lay a thick coat of wax on it for now and live with it. If it starts getting worse then take action. Everything can't be perfect

#2852 11 years ago

Jason, I'm done with the rubber kit on Mousin' Around.

I'll be in later tomorrow to put all the ramps back together, and Brandon can help me trim the mylar.

Plus, I installed the power board for Robocop in the backbox, and hooked up all the cables except for the burned molex. That thing literally began to disintegrate when I simply touched it, but I wrote down where the wires go on a post-it-note and left it on the playfield, so please don't lose it!!

#2853 11 years ago

I'm not touching anything. Though because these games are not done Brandon will have more work to do and has to stay until 730pm tomorrow unfortunately

#2854 11 years ago

Hope all had a great holiday and are gearing up for the tournament next Saturday at 2:00 pm.

The tentative list of games are (subject to change)

Whirlwind
The Getaway: High Speed 2
Tales From the Crypt
No Good Gophers
X-Men LE

Alternates:
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Dr. Who

Due to the nature of the head to head tournament, please be there no later than 2:00. Once we seed the brackets there's no way to add additional players.

Please spread the word and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the 5th!

#2855 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I'm not touching anything. Though because these games are not done Brandon will have more work to do and has to stay until 730pm tomorrow unfortunately

Brandon shouldn't have to stay too late on my account. It will probably take me 15 minutes to put everything on Mousin' Around back together. And trimming the mylar should only take a minute or two.

Robocop still needs a lot of parts before we can even make the game even somewhat operational. I'm hunting high and low, and coming up dry. I can't find the VUK assembly, or the spring and armature we need for what we have. We need screws to install the flipper assembly base. I can't find the flipper fronts, or whatever they're called... I like a challenge, but this game is becoming more of a nightmare than LW3.

#2856 11 years ago

Well, I stand corrected - I may have found a VUK spring...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5025-00

I had to look under parts for The Simpsons.

#2857 11 years ago

Oh go on and fix it, Looks awful. !!!!!!!
Have you looked into these, I haven't tried them but maybe could work for you.

http://www.pinrestore.com/PaintPens.html

#2858 11 years ago

diskoboy: ninja turtles uses a lot of the same parts; I am sure they can be found

#2859 11 years ago

Thanks for putting No Good Gofers in the tourney! Looks like a great lineup. See you guys there!

#2860 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thanks for putting No Good Gofers in the tourney! Looks like a great lineup. See you guys there!

I tried to get a mix of different eras in there. Once Mike is done with Robocop I'm sure he'll be ready to fix up an EM. It couldn't be any more difficult!

#2861 11 years ago

Well, we got Robocop to boot up today without any errors. So that's a good sign.

But we have no flippers. Hopefully the part I linked is the right part we need for the VUK, but we still need an armature that I can't find. We need a new ball feeder assembly plunger, a bunch of miscellaneous parts... It's a total mess under the playfield. It's almost as if the previous owner had already begun parting it out.

But at least the boards work 100%!

Jason, tomorrow I'm gonna pull Rudy out of Funhouse. It should be easier to work on him if we just remove the whole damn thing. He looks fairly easy to remove.

#2862 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Jason, tomorrow I'm gonna pull Rudy out of Funhouse. It should be easier to work on him if we just remove the whole damn thing. He looks fairly easy to remove.

Heh, heh, heh. The Rudy head was my first 'serious' pinball repair, and my introduction to what happens if you replace the coil without fixing the transistor first.

That said, I think I have an extra coil for the head if it turns out you need one. My Funhouse is long gone, so it's a freebie if you can use it.

Glad to hear it's back in Nashville. I think it's time to erase that high score Erik set with the glass off!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2863 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Oh go on and fix it, Looks awful. !!!!!!!
Have you looked into these, I haven't tried them but maybe could work for you.
http://www.pinrestore.com/PaintPens.html

I've used these and they're not bad for certain things. Awesome for cabinet touch ups and things like scoop wear, etc. I'm not sure I'd use them around an insert, especially one that was predominant.

#2864 11 years ago

Guys, if anyone can help us with Robocop parts, please talk to Mike, he's having problems locating certain parts and I know a lot of you guys know way more about where to find stuff than I do.

We desperately need the coil fronts that go on the Flipper Base Plate (515-5077-01) not the coil stop.

Mike, is there anything else we need? I still don't exactly know. I am not ordering the one spring on Marco until I know what else we need to order.

Rottendog board powered up Robocop fine, just disconnected all the coils to the board though.

#2865 11 years ago

Also Mike, everything is good to go for Jan 11 going to Kingsport. Our transporter is still going and has a room there so we are taking a car =)

#2866 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Heh, heh, heh. The Rudy head was my first 'serious' pinball repair, and my introduction to what happens if you replace the coil without fixing the transistor first.
That said, I think I have an extra coil for the head if it turns out you need one. My Funhouse is long gone, so it's a freebie if you can use it.
Glad to hear it's back in Nashville. I think it's time to erase that high score Erik set with the glass off!

His eyes work. But his mouth gears are getting stuck. And his motor seems to work, I just don't know if it has the strength anymore.

Jason, does this part look like it belongs on that armature we found in the Robocop cab?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5227-00

#2867 11 years ago

Mike, no clue, I barely paid attention to it

#2868 11 years ago

New instruction cards!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2869 11 years ago

What's under your apron?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2870 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What's under your apron?

Umm, probably the same thing. Bought mine a year ago and haven't touched it yet. Still waiting on that IPB playfield run to get finished !!

#2871 11 years ago

T2 is dead, won't be working for awhile.....

#2872 11 years ago

I think it's time to erase that high score Erik set with the glass off!

Hey I heard that

Besides no need to take the glass off ever since discovering the rubber band mod

hiscore.jpghiscore.jpg

#2873 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

T2 is dead, won't be working for awhile.....

Now you see why I was hesitant to pull that IC.

But that was weird the tests didn't catch that issue after we reinstalled that board.

#2874 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What's under your apron?

That is about how mine looked.

Quoted from Erik:

Hey I heard that
Besides no need to take the glass off ever since discovering the rubber band mod

My wife wants me to do that to our Addams Family

Post edited by ViriiGuy : multiple quotes.

#2875 11 years ago

LED conversion starts now!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Decided to put them in the coin door too, along with that odd cool white one. They look great!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2876 11 years ago

CrashL sound on my Baby pac went out; where does the problem lie?

#2877 11 years ago

Check the lower section of the Vidiot board. This handles the sound, check for battery acid damage, connectors, reseat the socketed chips in this area.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2878 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

LED conversion starts now!

Decided to put them in the coin door too, along with that odd cool white one. They look great!

Same LEDs being used under the sling plastics too that you used in the coin door? Who sells those, Coin Taker?

#2879 11 years ago

Yes, they are CoinTaker warm white frosted domes, and they look great.

#2880 11 years ago

I agree, I haven't jumped on the LED train just yet, but I did buy a few from PinLife I think, "Ablaze" bulbs to light dim areas, and I've been happy with them.

#2881 11 years ago

Posted this from the Lebanon "thread" for those interested:

Bump: Anyone in the mid TN area we're bringing a shopped Addams Family and Baby Pac within the next 2 weeks, likely next week. Come on down and check it out, you've never played Baby Pac Man before, especially in HUO condition!

Also, you can play a very clean White Water and Addams at Bonker's, a small bar with competitive pinheads. Play the week-long tournament game and win a 12 pack at the end of the week! Prepare to beat 400+ million high scores on WH20. Addams will be replacing Baywatch next week.

#2882 11 years ago

We put Baby Pac Man on location in Huntsville....thanks for the help Crash, our volume pot is damaged apparently. The game is playable but has 0 volume. Lovely.

#2883 11 years ago

Never mind, sound fixed as I typed this.

#2884 11 years ago

Let us know how much play it gets! Nice to have one of these for each location.

#2885 11 years ago

Made a bunch of progress on the virtual pin over the weekend. It is still a work in progress so ignore the missing parts and paint defects

Hey I matched!!

#2886 11 years ago

Matt Pintucky is wanting to build one of these himself (or more like have you build it lol). He told me you work until 3:00pm on Saturdays so unfortunately doesn't look like I'll be able to meet you on the 12, with the hour and a half drive back to Tennessee and sundown at 4:30 here... unless you can make an exception? Would love to have you play for my Fish Tales video, he says you're pretty good at that game. I've had very little practice with it.

Do you want to make the trip down for Saturday's tournament at Game Galaxy? It's going to be a big one, with standings submitted to the IFPA.

#2887 11 years ago

Crash: I don't run on quarters so I really will have no idea....

#2888 11 years ago

Wow, that new display for Funhouse got here pretty damn fast.

#2889 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Matt Pintucky is wanting to build one of these himself (or more like have you build it lol). He told me you work until 3:00pm on Saturdays so unfortunately doesn't look like I'll be able to meet you on the 12, with the hour and a half drive back to Tennessee and sundown at 4:30 here... unless you can make an exception? Would love to have you play for my Fish Tales video, he says you're pretty good at that game. I've had very little practice with it.
Do you want to make the trip down for Saturday's tournament at Game Galaxy? It's going to be a big one, with standings submitted to the IFPA.

Man idk if I will ever build another one of these cabs. Its cool, but there is a ton of work that unless you build it you don't see. Its been fun, but then again I just want the damn thing DONE!!! I work 3rd so I get off at 7:30 am, but yeah I usually sleep till around 3:30 pm if I don't have something going on. I'm not working next friday night as of right now, but thats always subject to change so I might be able to make it out. I won't be able to make it down to GG this Saturday because I guy from VA is coming during the day Saturday to pick up a R/C jet project I never finished. I'll have to get some sleep after he leaves.

#2890 11 years ago

Here's hoping it all works out. Williams is the games list finalized? Are we having a final game or is there no final in elimination brackets?

#2891 11 years ago

Crash, he posted it awhile ago...

#2892 11 years ago

Yeah, but is that the final list? He said it was tentative.

#2893 11 years ago

That's the game list unless a machine goes down. That's what the alternates are for. We used an alternate last time when a piece broke off CFTBL (long since fixed). Seemed to work pretty seamlessly to switch to another game.

The final match will just be the last two players left in the bracket. All games and matchups are picked randomly by the Brackelope tournament software.

#2894 11 years ago

Raagh my White Water 5x multiball strategy is always one shot out of reach. Since I completely suck at the Spine Chiller shot I'm trying to light locks 2 and 3 before making them. That way I can start 5x off the plunge and plug the third lock, which is already lit and ready. Thanks to Bowen and his PAPA videos or I would've never known about this.

I said to one of the regulars, "I'm trying to pull off this strategy." He says, "There ain't no strategy to that game!" No wonder people never win any of the tourneys. I can guarantee you the reigning champ doesn't even know about it.

#2895 11 years ago

Whirlwind will probably not be working for the tourney. It's still having lock up issues.

It will work for a few minutes, then freeze up.

#2896 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Whirlwind will probably not be working for the tourney. It's still having lock up issues.
It will work for a few minutes, then freeze up.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll throw an alternate in the mix.

#2897 11 years ago

Washed down one of the ramps, ready for polishing. Talk about dirty water! Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg

After:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2898 11 years ago

Couldn't we swap something out to get Whirlwind to work? That's a great tournament game.

#2899 11 years ago

Diskoboy: You know what is wrong with it, it was posted in the thread awhile back and if you google that error it tells you what to do....

If someone can take a look at the game please let me know, diskoboy knows what is wrong with it and I swear it is just some wire touching something....

#2900 11 years ago

Momentary Short is what I recall it saying, but if you google the problem it tells you what needs to be done and what to check though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.