Topic Stats

• 5,926 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 867 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).png
image1(1) (resized).JPG
GB launch TGP (resized).JPG
tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20151209_202556453.jpg

There are 5926 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 119.
#151 7 years ago

Whitewater played great today. So did everything else, wasn't quite expecting the INSANELY large crowd of people for the video game tournament you were having though.. wow.

I have one bit of advice and I hope you take it constructively. You need a new change machine. The one you have takes 1s and 5s and most of the time it rejects the 5s. I walk in with a $20 bill, and seven 1s. I get $7 changed and play for a while. Go to get some change from the attendant, "nah, you need to go to the food court" Okay, so I go to the food court and buy a cookie and get three 5s and three 1s. I change the three 1s. The machine won't take the 5s after repeated attempts. You lose $15. I go home.

#152 7 years ago

Update: I visited the arcade today and the tournament was going on. Of course that meant there were craploads of people there, I dare say 60 or 70. That's the most I've EVER seen in that place at once. Jason, congratulations on getting such as big thing together!

I tried out the shopped White Water, and wow what a difference! The upper right flipper has enough power to send the ball all the way down Insanity Falls now. And the Lost Mine trough switch was ok. I didn't see any more issues with the game. Got some great footage of this, Indy, and Funhouse as well! Hopefully I can get the Funhouse video up tonight. The game is georgeous, plays great and Rudy looks "glamorous!"

The only issues I found were these:

1) Whirlwind often fails to eject the ball into the shooter lane properly.
2) The rear gate on Getaway was still firing when it shouldn't be.
3) On Indy the ball gets stuck on drop target in front of captive ball. Had to nudge this free a couple of times.
4) The right flipper spring on Elvira MIGHT be loose, not sure if it just looked off to me.

fr_207.jpg

Edit: Wow, you were there mystic? What time? We arrived at 3:15 and stayed until 4:45. I did see one person playing White Water while I was playing Elvira. Was this you?

#153 7 years ago

I bet we were playing right beside each other crash and never knew it. I was the guy with the little kid and the Rogue Ale ballcap.

#154 7 years ago

Oh! Oh! I saw him! Were you the one with the bag of quarters?

#155 7 years ago

No bag of quarters here. My kid has red hair, so do I. Hard to miss.

#156 7 years ago

Wow... we totally could've introduced ourselves and played some games together.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

I was going to invite someone but I wanted to get "in the zone" with Indiana Jones one last time. The Funhouse video should be up in a couple of hours. Did you play Guns n' Roses and get multiball? I saw that kid watching. I was playing Fish Tales right next to it (to the left).

#157 7 years ago

I ran out of quarters before I could get to the funhouse. I got some good GnR and BR time in though.. love those two games. Kid got some BoP time in as well.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you play Guns N' Roses and get multiball? I saw that kid watching.

Yep, that was me. Was doing pretty well that game. If you were playing fishtales, then I think you were also playing Elvira next to me when I was on Whitewater? Freaky that we were standing right next to each other and never knew it. Well, nice to have sort of met you today.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

If you were playing fishtales, then I think you were also playing Elvira next to me when I was on Whitewater? Freaky that we were standing right next to each other and never knew it. Well, nice to have sort of met you today.

YES! Haha, that was me! That's crazy, we've got to meet up sometime.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I have one bit of advice and I hope you take it constructively. You need a new change machine. The one you have takes 1s and 5s and most of the time it rejects the 5s. I walk in with a $20 bill, and seven 1s. I get $7 changed and play for a while. Go to get some change from the attendant, "nah, you need to go to the food court" Okay, so I go to the food court and buy a cookie and get three 5s and three 1s. I change the three 1s. The machine won't take the 5s after repeated attempts. You lose $15. I go home.

I brought 2 5's and they both worked fine for me. Last time I was there about 2 months ago Jason just gave me a $10 roll of quarters in exchange because I was told before the change machine wasn't working. I offered a bill to the guy at the desk but he said he didn't have any change in 1's. He obviosly misunderstood the fact that I wanted quarters. Lol!

By the way did you also see my friend and I playing some 2 player pinball?

#161 7 years ago

I wish it just took 20s and I'd just bring two 20s and know I was good to go. As it stands now, I just may be that guy with a bag of quarters next time though, apparently he's got the right idea.

Quoted from Crash:

By the way did you also see my friend and I playing some 2 player pinball?

Nope, the only people I really remember playing were you and an older gentleman who was by himself on the IJ for a while.

#162 7 years ago

Just returned to Nashville from winter break. Hope to get to Game Galaxy soon.

#163 7 years ago

I did see an older short man playing Black Rose when I got there. Interesting to say the least. I seriously almost said something to you while playing Elvira. Something along the lines of, "Is White Water one of your favorites?" Now I wish I had!

#164 7 years ago

Need to buy a pinside shirt so I can represent when I go to GG.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Need to buy a pinside shirt so I can represent when I go to GG.

Wait, we have those?

#166 7 years ago

GG has a bride of pinbot now? I got to get back over there

#168 7 years ago

By the way, and this is really minor, but the Lost Mine flasher on White Water is out.

#169 7 years ago

I wanna hear what was at the Kingsport auction and what they went for.. always nice knowing what I missed out on.

#170 7 years ago

I should have the White Water footage up by this evening.

#171 7 years ago

White Water action is up!

#172 7 years ago

I'll try and skim some of these....

Crashdance: Those things are so minor we can't even address them at the moment. We need to get the museum squared away and deal with a possible opening of a shared spot in Huntsville (I obviously would not be there very often) inside Madison Square Mall.......I'll check on the Elvira Right Flipper, though.

mystic: The guys at the counter should have given you change....I specifically left the keys to the changer so guys would NOT have to go to the food court, sorry about that.

In regards to the changer, that IS a new changer. If they don't take 5s we just switch them out for another or 1s for customers....the last changer only took 1s and it was terrible as it was.....

I just got back in to work at the arcade and I was told by some guy he wanted to "punch me in the face" because he kept on about House of the Dead not working on the right side, which does work. HE even got his 50 cents back and had two little girls with him...gotta love the mall sometimes....

Oh, Indy is gone as of tomorrow morning...I'll be putting either Freddy or another game from the museum back in there until I can get Dr. Who out of my garage which has to happen sooner than later....

#173 7 years ago

That's okay, not a huge deal and you guys were super busy, which is always nice to see, even if it's not for pinball.

I saw your post on Facebook about the guy wanting to punch you.. I don't understand some people.

Did you end up going to the Kingsport auction? If so, how did that Black Rose look? Just curious what I missed, someone else already posted the hammer prices. Thanks!

p.s. I vote for Freddy since I've never played it.

#174 7 years ago

That was at 6pm (the guy threatening me)...I just missed getting security and both Metro officers in the mall there in time...the guy started going off because he was insulting my games and I just told him he had to leave, that's when the chest thumping decided to ensue, but yeah, there are just a lot of hotheads out there.

I did go to Kingsport...Black Rose playfield looked a little nicer than mine, sides were way worse, missing fire button, played worse than mine....very few pins there than the usual 30+..

#175 7 years ago

Yeah, it's great that you're investing in the arcade's future. I clearly will never get to visit the Huntsville location but I wish you the very best of luck. By the way, as far as non-tournament games go how did the huge crowd turn out for the arcade in terms of earnings? Was it considerably better than usual? I have NEVER seen such a monsterous crowd there until Friday.

#176 7 years ago

We have tournaments once a month....it's one of our bigger ones but the giant one in June is our best one...it definitely helps with business (the tournaments).

#177 7 years ago

And finally, the Indiana Jones footage!

#178 7 years ago

Add "jamiesnacks" to the list of those who are interested in a GG tournament. I can do a weekend day or Monday. I bet the weekend would be better for Pintucky.

#179 7 years ago

That's kind of you to try and include me jayhawai, but I'm not sure I can find the time to do this. Just set the date and I'll see.

I'm thinking you guys might want to come up here sometime. When I get my Monopoly here Thursday, and my Frankenstein back in a couple of weeks, I'll have 11 pins . . . set on FREE PLAY!

Think about it . . .
Mike

#180 7 years ago

Well if we are doing anything I may have to pass. If enough interest forms to start this thing (and if Jason is willing to set it up) it will likely be too soon for me. I'm shooting sometime in March to be my next visit. But if this works out and I can make it I may not actually participate. I like to play pinball casually and that's about it. Plus I would most likely get owned in the scores anyway. But who knows. If this works and I can make it I may think about filming parts of it and putting it on YouTube if everyone is cool with that. Mainly playfield shots, no close-ups.

#181 7 years ago

We ARE taking about a pinball tournament right? Mike I just can't see you making throwdowns and taking names in Street Fighter.

#182 7 years ago

I'm definitely up for a road trip, Mike. Thanks for the offer! Anyone else watching this KU-Baylor game?

#183 7 years ago

DANG! I knew there was something I missing on TV tonight!!! I got all caught up in putting a subwoofer on my Goldeneye and TSPP! Forgot all about it. I'm reckoning KU won!

#184 7 years ago

Yes, if there is enough interest we will have a pinball tournament. They won't be "Stern" rules. Those are worse than single elimination one match Street Fighter tournaments.

#185 7 years ago

If it's late February/early March I'm in, but most likely just as a spectator. Don't worry, I will still be spending money. Who else?

And what took Indy's place? Dr. Who I assume, since Freddy is in the museum? And how is the musuem coming along?

#186 7 years ago

Museum is open this Saturday from 11am-8pm, but it's a "private" thing, basically we are letting people in the museum and closing the doors type thing...anyone is more than welcome...

Nothing took Indy's place, and Simpsons has been sold. Dr. Who will come into the arcade for a bit from my house so Indy can come home...

LOTR is finally fixed...bunch of coils were the problem blowing transistors on the board....

#187 7 years ago

What's the pin lineup in the museum on Saturday?

#188 7 years ago

How was the museum mystic?

#189 7 years ago

Didn't end up going. Kid got sick. Such is the life of a father.

#190 7 years ago

pin lineup in museum is:

Freddy
Rollergames
Bad Cats
X-Files
Terminator 2
Phantom of the Opera
Back to the Future

We just put Dr. Who in the arcade as Indy is now back in my house after Mike Chestnut made it look brand new

Top pin earnings these week
1. Black Knight 2000
2. Sopranos
3. Tron

Worst earning pin of the week
1. Getaway

#191 7 years ago

Mike Chestnut? Wow, he's making a great recovery then! I'm glad BK2K is up there in earnings. I definitely don't want to see it leave. I NEED to spend more time on it to get better, I've just been so distracted by all the DMD games! It's just too hard to find these days. Might as well enjoy it while I can.

#192 7 years ago

I see someone up here has their Baywatch and Space Shuttle for sale on Craig's List =P

Some of the pins might make their way to Huntsville as we are close to signing on with my friend's game store at Madison Square Mall but it will mostly be the museum pieces unless the pins do well and we can bring others...

#193 7 years ago

I saw those show up on my CL notification ap. I was wondering if the Space Shuttle was TZ68s? Him and his brother were working on one when I bought their TFTC. I haven't seen him post in awhile.

#194 7 years ago

The Space Shuttle and Baywatch are mine.

Keep in mind those are the CL prices, not the pinside prices. I gotta keep the tire-kickers and riff-raff at bay.

#195 7 years ago

So I understand that once the Madison Square Mall location is a done deal you'll be planning to move machines from the museum to this location? Sounds like a good start. What are your plans for Hickory Hollow in the coming months? We all want the local GG to stay as long as possible. I also recall you mentioning another mall that would be a great choice that's 70 miles from your house. Just curious as to why you chose Huntsville instead since it's over 200 miles away. Is Madison Square still kicking? Do you think you'll find anywhere near the success here as you did at Rivergate?

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I saw those show up on my CL notification ap. I was wondering if the Space Shuttle was TZ68s? Him and his brother were working on one when I bought their TFTC. I haven't seen him post in awhile.

It's not ours..getting ready to do a restore on it..

#197 7 years ago

I like the Dr. Who. Played great today. Took about 2 balls to figure out how to start multiball. I always end up gravitating back to the GnR for some reason though..

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So I understand that once the Madison Square Mall location is a done deal you'll be planning to move machines from the museum to this location? Sounds like a good start. What are your plans for Hickory Hollow in the coming months? We all want the local GG to stay as long as possible. I also recall you mentioning another mall that would be a great choice that's 70 miles from your house. Just curious as to why you chose Huntsville instead since it's over 200 miles away. Is Madison Square still kicking? Do you think you'll find anywhere near the success here as you did at Rivergate?

I think you are confusing Huntsville with Birmingham...Huntsville is about 90 miles from me...

Reason I chose that over Clarksville is that my friends can run the game store portion there, and I just go and collect.

Most of the machines from Rivergate would go there, pinballs from the museum would be going there as well sans Freddy....

Madison Square is like Rivergate. It has all their stores and major stores in there. The rent is cheaper than Hickory Hollow if you can believe that.

I don't have any plans for the arcade at Hickory Hollow in the next few months. I want to stay but that depends on the business. My lease runs out April 30. CBL Properties is planning on doing all sorts of crazy stuff if they can't find tenants so I really have no clue. I can say that one of my main options is to remove a bunch of games (20 or so) and use more of the place to sell "game store" style stuff as the profit lies more in that than anything else.

#199 7 years ago

How long is Dr. Who going to be there? I definitely want to check out the most complex toy in pinball (the Time Expander).

#200 7 years ago

Dr. Who is indefinite unless someone buys it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
There are 5926 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside