tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 119.
#951 11 years ago

Ok White Water is out of the tournament

#952 11 years ago

Haha nice try, I'm not the only one who had a home-game advantage. Oh and page 20!

#953 11 years ago

Dragged out Police Force, it's in pretty rough shape. Working on tracking down a locked on coil, needs a new ramp, displays are half working. Not sure this can go back on route but we'll give it a try.

5fa54fab19339ea2be8fb6821f846a06.jpg5fa54fab19339ea2be8fb6821f846a06.jpg

Oh and Hook is now back on route!

#954 11 years ago

All I am waiting on is when to sign the lease and I'll be heading over to the old Best Buy at this point...even if it is not open in time I have storage there ready to go...hopefully this is ready Monday, I got the phone call today but some of the pins are leaving to go to HUntsville but the museum pins are coming back into the "space" that we have. After talking to other merchants it does seem like a lot of us are going there for our mini Hickory Hollow Mall.

#955 11 years ago

Great news, glad this is starting to follow through. I don't mind if some pins leave at all, I've actually been wanting to play the museum titles again. Any ideas of what titles will be going to Huntsville? How big is your space, any idea?

#956 11 years ago

That's great news!!! Glad it looks like it's working out.

#957 11 years ago

dunno no answers on anything, will just wing it lol

#958 11 years ago

Do you know if that soccer sporting goods store is jumping on the bandwagon? You know, the place that was on the news clip I posted. Seems like a very nice guy with a great store.

#959 11 years ago

So again, Addams Family, Creature, and White Water are the tourney qualifying games. Anyone want to add 1 or 2 more? And do we agree on Dr. Who for the final?

#960 11 years ago

Crashdance: they were mentioned by Freeland but who knows...I hope so, lol

#961 11 years ago

Ok, just because I am too lazy to type everything, assuming I don't take anything home and you already know what games are in the museum and arcade I would only be bringing these to Huntsville and leaving the rest in Antioch:

Getaway
Monday Night Football
Bride of Pinbot
Addams Family
Frankenstein
Fun House
Freddy
Black Rose

I have to some type of big pin there to try and get the $6 an hour, $10 all day thing....so Addams is going over there....

#962 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So again, Addams Family, Creature, and White Water are the tourney qualifying games. Anyone want to add 1 or 2 more? And do we agree on Dr. Who for the final?

I'm cool with the Doc! I've been practicing on it a good deal.

I just know of one fault it has - the dalek multiball shots. Sometimes they register if the ball simply hits the frame hard enough.

But I guess that could work to a players advantage.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#963 11 years ago

Can anyone spare a switch diode or two for me? They cost like 7 cents on pinball life, but then I'd have to pay shipping. I will gladly pay a quarter for two.

Also, I emailed "jamiesnacks" because the map shows he's in town - he may be there tomorrow.

#964 11 years ago

I'll bring some diodes, think i have a roll of 100 in the garage. That Harley game played pretty well today.

#965 11 years ago

Cool, thanks.

#966 11 years ago

Williams, do we want to add 1 or 2 more qualifying games?

#967 11 years ago

If I'm permitted a vote I'd like more qualifiers!

#968 11 years ago

Fair enough, what are you thinking?

#969 11 years ago

I'll leave it up to you, just would like more games. When I poop the bed in White Water I don't want to be immediately eliminated from contention!

#970 11 years ago

Baywatch and Black Knight 2000. If you can keep track of scores and select the groups Williams that would be great. Groups of 4?

#971 11 years ago

Baywatch has issues right now.

#972 11 years ago

Bump. Williams you ok with this format? How much do we each to need to give for the prize pool? $5? I'll give you the game list when I get there.

#973 11 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it over to give you boys another lesson on flipper skillz. I thought I'd try to make it to the first one in Huntsville, but that lineup isn't really doing it for me. So hopefully the tourneys will still be mostly in Antioch at the old Best Buy place or whatever the new site is.

Glad to see that thing are looking up in regards to the new locations, sorry to see that Memphis didn't make the cut though.

Congrats to today's winner(in advance). Y'all are probably playing the finals game as I type this.

Next time though suckas, I"m gonna bring my A game..........

#974 11 years ago

I just got back, left at 5:15. At that time jayhawkai was on ball 1 on Addams Family. They decided to play Addams Family and White Water on the finals. Qualifying games were Sopranos, Guns n' Roses, Tron, Addams Family, and Frankenstein. I probably came in dead last because I had terible luck on Addams Family and absolutely hate Guns n' Roses/Sopranos.

Pics and video are uploading.

#975 11 years ago

IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1336.JPG IMG_1326.JPGIMG_1326.JPG IMG_1333.JPGIMG_1333.JPG IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1328.JPG IMG_1329.JPGIMG_1329.JPG

Woody (my riding buddy) managed to get the ball stuck in the WAR lanes on Black Knight...

IMG_1330.JPGIMG_1330.JPG

#976 11 years ago

Too bad you couldn't make it Richard. Jayhawkai put on a clinic! He had a ball of Sopranos that went on for hours. While we waited for it to end I was concerned mystic would miss his son's high school (and possibly college) graduation.

#977 11 years ago

Great to meet you guys and thanks for the diodes, Mystic. I have to credit the Pinball 101 dvd, the PAPA videos and some luck for my win.

#978 11 years ago

Great to meet you guys and thanks for the diodes, Mystic. I have to credit the Pinball 101 dvd, the PAPA videos and some luck for my win.

#979 11 years ago

Awesome win! I think we knew that was going to happen from the start. Williams what were the scores? Do you have all of the game scores still, as well as the game issues?

#980 11 years ago

Congrats jayhawkai! Great tournament lineup this time. Bummer that I couldn't make it up to stink the finals up with my crappy Addams Family skillz.(Presuming that I made the finals )

Hopefully all will be up and going at the new site soon. Much luck to you Jason & crew with your imminent relocations. I'm glad to see you fellow up in N'ville trying hard to keep location pinball a reality.

Crash big ups to you as well for keeping your games on route and playable. Thx for the tourney pics as well. That Pinball Magic is one I'm looking forward to get some time in on.

#981 11 years ago

Uhh, I see a AL written on a post-it note above the price(!!!) on the Pinball Magic in the pics.... I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

#982 11 years ago

Whew nevermind, false alarm. I was looking at the Black Rose by the Addams Fam.

#983 11 years ago

Yeah he hasn't updated the stickies. Pinaball Magic is staying here that's for sure: we just got it! To recap, here's the list of games that will be moving out:

Getaway
Monday Night Football
Bride of Pinbot
Addams Family
Frankenstein
Fun House
FREDDY
Black Rose

#984 11 years ago

#985 11 years ago

Final round (had to leave so that's why it's cut short):

#986 11 years ago

I only got one blurry photo. Thanks for posting those, crash.

IMAG0816.jpgIMAG0816.jpg

#987 11 years ago

Wow, not that anyone will watch it that far but my 5 second ball 2 on TAF is embarrassing. I submit that I put up a decent 85 mil on qualifying. I just crack under the pressure!

Nice win jayhawk.

#988 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Wow, not that anyone will watch it that far but my 5 second ball 2 on TAF is embarrassing.

At 5:12 of the final round video.

#989 11 years ago

Tournament results here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtHYSz0nS-gCdHcyaFFBX2VBMlZOMDZCNjBfc0RROXc

Had a great time. Andrew (jayhawk) is a damn impressive player. I think it's cool that we've had three different people win in the three tourneys. Definitely some skilled players around here.

What did everyone think of the new tourney format? I liked having a few more games as well as having a low score dropped. Dropping the low didn't affect who made the finals this time, and actually Matt came in second overall if you didn't drop the low. I liked the multiple game finals too.

Let's do another one once the new location is up and running.

#990 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Quoted from Crash:

Oh, let's just make it easy for everyone to enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6F0NtayNj9E#t=311s

#991 11 years ago

Great presentation Williams, we should definitely do another one. But perhaps with one less game next time, seems to take forever and was disappointed I couldn't stay for the whole thing. There's a 99% chance that the new location will have much better lighting and hopefully that will mean less ball strobing because let's be honest, all of the games are getting a full LED job eventually.

Who played Pinball Magic? I did but couldn't hear a darn thing, flippers are weak and so I couldn't make the left ramp. I love the skill shot! The bumper is cool too, didn't get to see the ball roll across the magnetic wand yet.

#992 11 years ago

I played Pinball Magic, and I wasn't too impressed by it.

The ball shooter is too weak. It didn't seem to want to make it up the loop. Plus I didn't like the playfield layout.

But I'm a Williams fanboy, so I'm totally biased.

#993 11 years ago

Plus plus, Jason hasn't gone over it/shopped it yet.

#994 11 years ago

Hey is anyone else going back before the end of the month? If you could get some pictures/video of around the the mall/arcade before it closes that would be great. Just for historical purposes. It's been a good one, I fondly remember when my parents took me there when I was young in the late nineties. Tons of people along the walkways and a bustling food court. I remember how the floor was tiled and the way the food court appeared, has the words "Food Garden" written on the entrance. I also enjoyed rising the elevator and tossing coins into the fountain. I haven't even explored all of it again since. That was my last visit to Hickory Hollow. Going to miss that distinct smell...

4581ff6c83144751b297f8add5f8c6c2.jpg4581ff6c83144751b297f8add5f8c6c2.jpg234cfb8dc1835ffca3d31197ec196b90.jpg234cfb8dc1835ffca3d31197ec196b90.jpg61830592024128dc6eee0f4627edde5a.jpg61830592024128dc6eee0f4627edde5a.jpg704a7baf52d0a7845f8083576f79bde2.jpg704a7baf52d0a7845f8083576f79bde2.jpg9535cb90f133766e4b1522868927ea3b.jpg9535cb90f133766e4b1522868927ea3b.jpg

#995 11 years ago

I plan in going back. I meant to get pictures yesterday, but my back is still in immense pain from lugging my machine up a flight of stairs on Friday.

I wish someone had pics from before the 1991 remodel.

#996 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Great presentation Williams, we should definitely do another one. But perhaps with one less game next time, seems to take forever and was disappointed I couldn't stay for the whole thing. There's a 99% chance that the new location will have much better lighting and hopefully that will mean less ball strobing because let's be honest, all of the games are getting a full LED job eventually.
Who played Pinball Magic? I did but couldn't hear a darn thing, flippers are weak and so I couldn't make the left ramp. I love the skill shot! The bumper is cool too, didn't get to see the ball roll across the magnetic wand yet.

The flippers actually do make it up the ramps ; )

The music is really good, I'll raise the volume a bit...not sure how much stuff is going to be left in the arcade after this week, though...wand works, stage works but yes, it does need a little TLC for the switches at least....

I'm not going to have every single game LEDed....it's hard to see what is going on with all those lights in my opinion but they save on electricity and won't burn my connectors up.

#997 11 years ago

I finally decided to join this forum. After missing out on last week's pinball tournament because I didn't see any flyers or announcements of it, AND because I bear pictures worth talking about, I felt the time was right.
And as for those pictures, here you go.

IMG_0061.JPGIMG_0061.JPG IMG_0074.JPGIMG_0074.JPG IMG_0063.JPGIMG_0063.JPG

#998 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I'm not going to have every single game LEDed....it's hard to see what is going on with all those lights in my opinion but they save on electricity and won't burn my connectors up.

Kinda glad to hear it I know quite a lot of people like LEDs on everything but I generally like the overall look incandescent bulbs give a play-field a bit better.

#999 11 years ago

Nice to see you on Pinside Nashvillian! Jason did you sign the lease or anything today? What's the status of the new place?

#1000 11 years ago

There's always retro LEDs... I've used them on some older late 70s games and they look great and aren't too overpowering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.