tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

407 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mystic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#7 12 years ago

Your JP looks great Crashdance, stopped by two of your locations yesterday. The Hook needs some LOVE!

I didn't do any laundry but I dropped a few bucks in your machines, mostly JP and AF.

#9 12 years ago

I'd never played JP before so I didn't notice the T-rex not working.

The left slingshot plastic on hook was hanging off. I wanted to get the Novus 2 out of my car and take the glass off but it actually didn't play half bad.

Was really surprised at the amount of arcade games at the Hook location, it's like an arcade with washing machines! Although I don't think I'd be visiting either places after dark anytime soon.

Hopefully my $3-$5 contribution helped a little. If my main office was near there I'd be playing them on my lunch hour but I'd have to help you clean them up first. Let me know if you ever want to sell that Hook.

#18 12 years ago

So you're saying it's for sale?

#20 12 years ago

C'mon Crash, I gotta start my pirate theme and GG wants too much for the Black Rose! I mean look at my wishlist! I'll trade you my working Mystic for it...

#22 12 years ago

Just saying the offer is out there.

1 week later
#26 12 years ago

Haven't been to GG in a few weeks. Was thinking about going to that "museum" monthly thing they had back on Oct 29th but I didn't get around to it. Might try and swing by the regular arcade this weekend sometime.

#49 12 years ago

Going to Knoxville this weekend to the UT/Vandy game. Leaving Friday around noon so I'm out guys. Would love to meet up with you guys at some point but also note, I'm a banker, so I keep banker's hours...

That Louisville expo sounds great. I can see a second SS right beside my first...

Let me know how GG is looking and what games they have up and running. I got a line on a cocktail arcade cabinet I may be picking up in Knoxville..

#61 12 years ago

IJ? Now I wish I was going tomorrow... Thanks for keeping pinball alive in Nashville!

#73 12 years ago

I didnt get one.. am I off the invite list?

#82 12 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it. It's too nice outside today. I'll probably end up there sometime tomorrow as it's supposed to rain all day.

1 week later
#96 12 years ago

Saw that Dave & Busters opened back up in Opryland Mall last week.. anyone know if they have any pins? Nothing listed on the website.

#101 12 years ago

ID's isnt even on the pinside map. I've heard the stories of them doing GG wrong, but I haven't played IM or RS so I think I can suspend my beliefs for an afternoon and maybe tilt their pins a few times. I'm all about the strange.

#103 12 years ago

crash, you need to tilt your camera about 10 degrees skyward. I can't see jack.

1 week later
#106 12 years ago

Bring in the LOTR!

#107 12 years ago

Whitewater and Freddy in yet? I'll be there tomorrow to drop you some quarters!

#110 12 years ago

Well I haven't played your IJ yet, so at least I have that to look forward to today. It is still there, right? I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Quoted from DreamTR:

No way LOTR is coming in there ever... = P

So when is your LOTR open house?

#111 12 years ago

Doh! Where did the Hook that was at wash world in lebanon go crash??

#113 12 years ago

Bah, I was there Friday, one day too soon for the WW. Oh well, the games were in GREAT shape when I was there. IJ and AF both looked kinda dark but everything played perfect.

#116 12 years ago

Sorry to hear it.. but.. does that mean there's going to be a liquidation sale?

#119 12 years ago

Sad that at least $35 of that is from me.

#124 12 years ago

Is this what you're looking for? A .01uF 100v ceramic capacitor? Part # 125-5029-00 on the I/O Power Driver Board?

If so, great plains elec has them for 10 cents.

Product ID: CCA-0.01uF-100V
Capacitor, Ceramic Axial, 0.01uF, 100V
Discounts Apply !
20% Discount for purchase of 10 or more

Details
Capacitor, 0.01uF, 100V, Axial Ceramic
Manufacturer: Varies
Price: $0.10

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/Category-27.asp

#128 12 years ago

Valinor here you come! Good luck!

#129 12 years ago

And the Hickory Hollow mall falls farther into despair..

First Sears, Kmart closings revealed

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/florida-hit-hardest-sears-store-220653249.html

— Tennessee (4): Sears in Antioch, Cleveland, Oak Ridge;

#132 12 years ago

Haven't heard anything about Mike although I saw him a few weeks back. Hope he's okay, bike wrecks can be nasty.

#139 12 years ago

Well that's good news. I saw that story on yahoo and got worried. Gotta have my pin fix!

#141 12 years ago

I will say that if there was a bar/restaurant in town with a pinball machine, (ANY pinball machine) I would convince my wife to go out to eat there whenever we went out to eat.

I realize this is a much more expensive endeavour than we're talking about here, but making a point that I don't believe there's one place in Nashville I can go have a beer, a bite to eat, and a round of silverball (other than my game room).

#144 12 years ago

Macy's just announced they're closing as well...

#149 12 years ago

Let us know how the auction in Kingsport goes. Was going to go but plans changed.

#151 12 years ago

Whitewater played great today. So did everything else, wasn't quite expecting the INSANELY large crowd of people for the video game tournament you were having though.. wow.

I have one bit of advice and I hope you take it constructively. You need a new change machine. The one you have takes 1s and 5s and most of the time it rejects the 5s. I walk in with a $20 bill, and seven 1s. I get $7 changed and play for a while. Go to get some change from the attendant, "nah, you need to go to the food court" Okay, so I go to the food court and buy a cookie and get three 5s and three 1s. I change the three 1s. The machine won't take the 5s after repeated attempts. You lose $15. I go home.

#153 12 years ago

I bet we were playing right beside each other crash and never knew it. I was the guy with the little kid and the Rogue Ale ballcap.

#155 12 years ago

No bag of quarters here. My kid has red hair, so do I. Hard to miss.

#157 12 years ago

I ran out of quarters before I could get to the funhouse. I got some good GnR and BR time in though.. love those two games. Kid got some BoP time in as well.

#158 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you play Guns N' Roses and get multiball? I saw that kid watching.

Yep, that was me. Was doing pretty well that game. If you were playing fishtales, then I think you were also playing Elvira next to me when I was on Whitewater? Freaky that we were standing right next to each other and never knew it. Well, nice to have sort of met you today.

#161 12 years ago

I wish it just took 20s and I'd just bring two 20s and know I was good to go. As it stands now, I just may be that guy with a bag of quarters next time though, apparently he's got the right idea.

Quoted from Crash:

By the way did you also see my friend and I playing some 2 player pinball?

Nope, the only people I really remember playing were you and an older gentleman who was by himself on the IJ for a while.

#164 12 years ago

Need to buy a pinside shirt so I can represent when I go to GG.

#169 12 years ago

I wanna hear what was at the Kingsport auction and what they went for.. always nice knowing what I missed out on.

#173 12 years ago

That's okay, not a huge deal and you guys were super busy, which is always nice to see, even if it's not for pinball.

I saw your post on Facebook about the guy wanting to punch you.. I don't understand some people.

Did you end up going to the Kingsport auction? If so, how did that Black Rose look? Just curious what I missed, someone else already posted the hammer prices. Thanks!

p.s. I vote for Freddy since I've never played it.

2 weeks later
#187 12 years ago

What's the pin lineup in the museum on Saturday?

#189 12 years ago

Didn't end up going. Kid got sick. Such is the life of a father.

#194 12 years ago

The Space Shuttle and Baywatch are mine.

Keep in mind those are the CL prices, not the pinside prices. I gotta keep the tire-kickers and riff-raff at bay.

#197 12 years ago

I like the Dr. Who. Played great today. Took about 2 balls to figure out how to start multiball. I always end up gravitating back to the GnR for some reason though..

2 weeks later
#209 12 years ago

If I show up with a 20, I'm the guy who wants it all changed (and maybe more) and it all goes into the machines.

Although lately, I try to get change beforehand so I have more time playing the machines than playing the new changer game you have. Although I always win with the changer game, and the game times are great.. 4 quarters every time (or my dollar back).

#211 12 years ago
Quoted from Storyteller:

If you need $20 in quarters, just ask. I wish I could read minds.

As long as you don't tell me to go to the food court.

Look man, we're your customers, and we're just trying to give you some feedback. Take it positively. We're not bashing your business (or place of work), we're just giving our insight into how you could improve through our experiences (and increase your own revenue) at your establishment.

I'm not the jerk who wants his 50 cents back.

#227 12 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Nope, no museum this month

argh and my wife is out of town this weekend. Was hoping to take the kid up for the first trip to the museum.. oh well, maybe we'll go to your "regular" arcade instead.

#229 12 years ago

I'm a weekend-only guy, I gots a job.

#231 12 years ago

Im in.

#236 12 years ago

Nice, I was looking at buying a No Fear.. be nice to test drive it first.

#241 12 years ago

What time on Sunday?

#244 12 years ago

Awesome.

I might be heading up to Louisville this weekend to that expo and may have to back out on you guys. Nothing firm yet, still a maybe.

#248 12 years ago

Come over to my place on Sunday and buy my Baywatch Crash, then we'll go to GG and I won't have to drive up to Louisville.

#258 12 years ago

Baywatch pending sale tomorrow so it looks like I'm in on Sunday.

#263 12 years ago

2pm.. I'm there.

#269 12 years ago

Nice meeting you as well.

No Fear may be in the house before the week is out.. had to do some "research" on it today. Jason, you may have to empty the coinbox on that one.

And apparently I have the pleasure of being the cursed Dr. Who player this time. First game no less. Oh well. Sometimes these things are temperamental. Hopefully the flipper just needs to be tightened down to stop the upward creep.

Edit: Forgot the minor punch list: GnR left slingshot switches need adjusting, it fires 4-5 times when there's too much vibration anywhere in the game.

Other than that (and Dr. Who obviously) everything worked perfectly.

#272 12 years ago

I'll probably be up there for the next museum opening if it's on the 31st.

1 week later
#281 12 years ago

It will be strange to pay to play the game I owned..

#283 12 years ago

Other than a cleaning, new rubbers, LEDs, plated ramps.. not that much work really. Of course, maybe I'm comparing it to my other projects, which have all been much more involved.

#286 12 years ago

I do like me some MNF.. something about the field goal shot is satisfying.

#300 12 years ago

Bride has been down for a bit, probably why you overlooked it.

Is there a museum date this month?

#305 12 years ago

I had to read the posts 3 times before I realized AC wasn't a pinball machine.

#310 12 years ago

So where exactly is the museum?

#334 12 years ago

Aww bring the Baywatch in the tourney. I need an unfair advantage over Williams. He's better than me. I think I can take him on this mysterious Baywatch game you speak of.

#336 12 years ago
Quoted from williams:

He's going to throw us all for a loop and put Bad Cats in the tournament

That may be the one game there I've never played...

#340 12 years ago

I'll sponsor you crash, but you owe me half if you win.

#343 12 years ago

Update: Toots in Murfreesboro has a POTC.

#345 12 years ago

What's CEC?

#347 12 years ago

But they don't have beer and chicken wings at chuck e cheese. The POTC was in great shape too, surprises me when I see all the lights working on a pin in a bar.

#349 12 years ago

I think Williams said there used to be an SM at toots in the boro and that's what I was hoping to find today. Op must switch em out to keep it fresh. I like me some POTC though so it was still a pleasant surprise.

I haven't played a RBION yet and I'm actually going to be in Lebanon for a few days this week for work. I'll probably end up there at some point.

#371 12 years ago

if you build it.. they will come..

#383 12 years ago

Nope, was in Brentwood all week instead of Lebanon.

#408 12 years ago

It was having some coin mech issues when we were there too but with some perseverance we got 1 game in.

#431 12 years ago

Sweet Pam. I wouldn't worry too much, I spend more time fixing and restoring than playing. My skills are limited and I'm not scared to admit it. That said, I do know the ins and out, but can I execute?

#433 12 years ago

The right flipper on the one in that video is weak. All three of his initial tower shots rolled back. Much easier to get in the tower to light up the Mitch lane in my old one, which is important to get early because.. ah crap.. I've revealed too much.

#444 12 years ago

Got to play my old Baywatch today... just a heads up. Early practice session. See you guys Saturday.

#448 12 years ago

Have no fear, it's not the No Fear from GG. (see what I did there?)

But I did pick this one up last night to feed my addiction.

#471 11 years ago

Had a good time. Even if I didnt make the finals at least I was middle of the pack.

#476 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think we're fortunate "ROB" and "JEW" weren't in the tournament

Rob was, he was in my group. JEW is Jason. I only know because their initials and scores still plague my No Fear game and taunt me.

#485 11 years ago

And some gas money for the trip is always nice! Thanks for making the trip and thank for hosting this Jason.

#495 11 years ago

Someone here did. Wasn't me though. Play field looks rough.

#521 11 years ago

The Avenue in Murfreesboro and the new shopping areas in Smyrna on Sam Ridley have also taken away a lot of business from the Antioch area in the past few years. Less people get shot in those two areas as well.

Jan
http://www.wtvf.com/story/16568382/one-person-shot-at-hickory-hollow-mall

Dec
http://www.wsmv.com/story/16079916/1-injured-in-shooting-at-hickory-hollow-mall

Nov
http://www.wkrn.com/story/16080264/barber-shot-outside-hickory-hollow-mall

#524 11 years ago

I just don't go there at 8:30 on Friday. Seems to be a pattern.

#528 11 years ago

He got like 500 calls already. It's sold

#533 11 years ago

Better question, how come my iphone Craigslist app didn't notify me.. I need a new app, this one sucks. The one I used to have on my Android was instantaneous, this is hit or miss at best. Once I manually updated it after I saw this post, yep, there it is, posted 6 hours ago.. *sigh*.

This is like the third pin in 2 months I've been late to the party on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

#544 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Actually, I just realized that Jason posted the CL ad I was referring to. I didn't notice the date on the pics until a few minutes ago. If it is legit, I'm willing to bet he used pics from when he bought the machine. It's probably got some wear on it now

I talked to him for a good 5-10 minutes. He sounded pretty legit. He was blown away by the amount of phone calls he got. Then he said his wife had made a mistake when she posted it and he actually meant to list it for $550.. ha. Said he had people call him from all over but he was holding it for a guy who jumped in his car and started driving "a few hours ago."

Quoted from williams:

but Angelos Pizza is right down the street

this I need to check out...

#548 11 years ago

We're all glad you're there Jason.Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

#560 11 years ago

Make sure the shooter on Baywatch is striking the ball dead center. It started hitting it off to the left when i had it which reduces the velocity and puts a spin on the ball not allowing it to make it all the way up the first wireform. You can just unscrew it and adjust it to center when you rescrew.

Switch on the vuk probably just needs adjustment.

Credit dot on my no fear is finally gone after some connector corrections.

#566 11 years ago

Was at Dave and busters this weekend. No pins. Lots of shooters and drivers and ticket games and that's it.

#569 11 years ago

In truth I went for the new Lego store for my boy but I gravitate to arcades.

#576 11 years ago

Stupid diodes

#583 11 years ago

So yesterday Williams and I ended up spending all of 50 cents each, playing for 30 minutes and walking away with 3 credits on POTC (sorry.. 2006 Stern PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ) at Toots. And now we know why other places have their games set a little harder.. the replay settings were just set way too low.

#587 11 years ago

Toots in Murfreesboro. And yeah, it seems slowwwwww after playing no fear at the house.

I'm still on the fence about Kingsport. Hoping someone goes Friday night and sends me a for sale list. Hate to drive all the way there and have a crap selection.

#590 11 years ago

He's probably got a deal set up outside the auction already.

I'll text ya Friday night.

#594 11 years ago

Weak. Stupid rain.

#598 11 years ago

The lethal weapon in kingsport yesterday went for more than I'd pay. I did pick up a project though. No pic til Monday or Tuesday though.

#608 11 years ago

The LEDs are breeding like rabbits.

#626 11 years ago

Good time. I flailed on Baywatch but at least I got the highest on no fear. I like the LEDs in Addams family, I can see what's going on. Look good in Pinbot too.

#639 11 years ago

I have that fuse and a bunch of sleeves if you want to swing by. 3/8 amp sb, right? The bone busters will be covered. You can't see it until its done.

Shadow or twilight zone

#646 11 years ago

I'm usually working out in the garage until 10:30 or 11. Swing on by. Or you can invite me over to play that attack from mars and lord of the rings!

#653 11 years ago

Usually in the garage from 9-11pm. The door is usually open when I'm out there. Come by whenever.

#667 11 years ago

Not it! Oh wait... Damn.

#669 11 years ago

Did you ever get it open?

#695 11 years ago

Tourney for beer is always welcome.

#702 11 years ago

Williams will be wearing a cubs hat, guaranteed.

#705 11 years ago

It's not. Gone. So is the roller coaster tycoon at chuck e cheese in the mall. Only pin in Murfreesboro that I know of is pirates at toots.

#709 11 years ago

Ha. I surf from the phone mostly. I'll be sure to update next time I'm on a big computer. That CEC used to have a roller coaster tycoon. As of last week, gone.

#713 11 years ago

Doesn't work on my iPhone. It goes to the map but when I try to zoom in it just blanks out and hangs.

Anyway, RFM is removed. Pirates at Toots is added. I figured Crash removed RFM from the map when he went down there. Can only the creator edit the games? That seems silly if so.

#715 11 years ago

Not sure what it said. Didn't read it. Looks like I can add/remove pins at locations others have created though.

#717 11 years ago

No problem. Wish it was still there. I hit up that radio shack at lunch usually once a month or so and always hope it's made a reappearance.. I'll let you know if it does.

#792 11 years ago

Is that guns and roses left sling still machine-gunning? Put that on the punch list (adjust switch).

#799 11 years ago

I'll take whatever you need work on. I'm in a parts holding pattern on bone busters. Got the final connector yesterday but it was too short by an inch so I had to ship it back. Waiting waiting...

#801 11 years ago

Can I change the mismatched flipper bat? Please?

#818 11 years ago

Wow this sucks.

There's tons of new retail space in Smyrna but its all on Sam Ridley and would likely rent for some serious coin. I'd imagine any good spot in Franklin would be similar.

Oh and you can probably dump two in my garage later this month if you help me move bone busters inside. Might even clean em up a little bit if I get bored.

#820 11 years ago

Crash if you stop by Jason's sometime drop me a line, I'm literally a 2 minute walk down the street.

#836 11 years ago

What about stones river mall in the boro?

#839 11 years ago

There's not really a location with good foot traffic in Smyrna though.

#841 11 years ago

Lots at The Avenue in Murfreesboro as well but rent is probably sick there.

#845 11 years ago

Pick up the phone and call ole Jeff. I can't imagine they're overflowing with applications since The Avenue opened up.

http://www.stonesrivermall.com/info/Leasing.cfm

#848 11 years ago

Didn't think about college locations, unfortnately I don't know much about vandy or MTSU campuses but I'd think there'd be a lot of foot traffic at a location like that, not so much in the summer though. Lots of young bored kids though.

#858 11 years ago

If you go to the 'Boro I see Williams and I spending some lunches playing pinball...

#887 11 years ago

Ahhh.. Ground Kontrol. That place was sweet. I like how the entire upstairs is all pins. Awesome downtown location with beer. Of course that's Portland, where pins grow on trees. There's one in nearly every retail establishment, I even saw one in a doc marteens retail store. Crazy.

#921 11 years ago

We'll just have to change it to the Nashiville/Huntsville thread. It's only 90 mins from my house! When's the first tourney?

#946 11 years ago

Awesome news about the possible new location.

Williams - you know I'm picking No Fear if I have the option.. it's just a given.

On a side note, may be bringing my kid, so you'd best get your skills up so you don't get shown up by a 6 year old.. he ain't half bad. He was doing alright on Jason's AFM yesterday, which he has told me has to be my next purchase... he's got good taste but I don't see it happening.

See you guys Saturday.

#964 11 years ago

I'll bring some diodes, think i have a roll of 100 in the garage. That Harley game played pretty well today.

#971 11 years ago

Baywatch has issues right now.

#987 11 years ago

Wow, not that anyone will watch it that far but my 5 second ball 2 on TAF is embarrassing. I submit that I put up a decent 85 mil on qualifying. I just crack under the pressure!

Nice win jayhawk.

#1000 11 years ago

There's always retro LEDs... I've used them on some older late 70s games and they look great and aren't too overpowering.

#1001 11 years ago

T2 coming around.. oh and post #1000

IMG_0781.jpgIMG_0781.jpg IMG_0782.jpgIMG_0782.jpg IMG_0778.jpgIMG_0778.jpg

#1005 11 years ago

That's Jason's t2 I'm shopping out. Earthshaker is next. b765fec35e2fe835aa1a55196dae7545.jpgb765fec35e2fe835aa1a55196dae7545.jpg

#1007 11 years ago

She's a beast. And the legs seem really high as well, almost too high.

#1009 11 years ago

That's my garage.

#1014 11 years ago

Status of t2

09aaac473ce4e7391c2d14efea78ab74.jpg09aaac473ce4e7391c2d14efea78ab74.jpg

#1016 11 years ago

Not much. Be all back together by tomorrow night. Still need to replace some coil sleeves and clean the inside.

#1029 11 years ago

Poor sweet Pam.

#1042 11 years ago

Probably tonight. Perfection takes time.

#1049 11 years ago

Need a new "CPU" lamp socket.

#1053 11 years ago

They didn't need it. Just new coil sleeves.

Adjusted the drop target, fixed the random multiball issue, new Posts, rubbers, foam standup target backers, LEDs, new start button, replaced some of the hardware I couldn't shine up or was mismatched. Lots of mothers polish, wax and novus.

#1057 11 years ago

Earthshaker pop bumpers and shaker motor work again. Part of the wiring harness was starting to wrap around the shaker motor in the cabinet. Which I think was yanking some things around causing it to short the 5a fuse which control the 25v special solenoids. I just added another wire clamp to keep it away from the motor and replaced the fuse.

The coil that seems to fire a lot is (was) the drop target solenoid. I took it apart last night and cleaned it and reassembled. now it resets just fine and doesn't continually fire but at least one of the optos isn't registering when it's down so it only resets after each ball or end of game.

I'm going to look at it again today as it was late when I got it reassembled last night. Optos are cheap though ($3 each).

Im thinking warm whites and retro LEDs on this one. The cool white just doesn't look right.

Agreed -- T2 sneeze-guard: Absolutely necessary. 868dbf2589e1127c26fd6b75da2064c4.jpg868dbf2589e1127c26fd6b75da2064c4.jpg

#1061 11 years ago

Ohhh.. Clean subway

63e06edf4c4fc42f905c9c5bd882fa7e.jpg63e06edf4c4fc42f905c9c5bd882fa7e.jpg

#1063 11 years ago

Just started on it last night. Drop targets work now. I think it's at 100%. I haven't cleaned anything other than the subway yet. I like to get the issues worked out before tear down.

#1069 11 years ago

Most of the lamp sockets are on pcbs...

#1073 11 years ago

Look like cointaker supers. The times I've used them in GI I've just used a pair of needle nose pliers to install them. Usually there's a square part on top that's slightly raised that you can get a grip on.

The pcb comment was towards crash and his question about installing resistors.

#1075 11 years ago

Sorry, I'm bad about quoting when I'm on my phone.

#1080 11 years ago

I had 3 retros laying around so I popped EM in the slingshot and lower ball guide. Ignore the others lights. I just put those in there to test the insert sockets.

a1dc6d6e548f2886f78afcf73a28201b.jpga1dc6d6e548f2886f78afcf73a28201b.jpg

#1085 11 years ago

I have an angled ratched screwdriver I use. 2.99 at home depot. Worked on t2. It looks like a mini ratchet with interchangeable screwdriver bits.

#1092 11 years ago

Waiting on parts..... Zzzzzzzzz

#1098 11 years ago

I like the spicket lock.

#1101 11 years ago

Parts....

9ed80ef64ba364882d886878dc098c0e.jpg9ed80ef64ba364882d886878dc098c0e.jpg

#1108 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

You know they sell Novus at the Container Store at Green Hills.
I was absolutely shocked to find a local place that carried it.

I did not know that. Easier to have it delivered to my door though since I order parts so often. I don't get to green hills much.

Top flipper rebuilt and STRONG. LEDs are all in except GI. Going to finish the other two flipper rebuilds, replace all the coil sleeves, get the center flasher working, finish cleaning the underside and THEN we start the play field teardown.

#1110 11 years ago

Yeah it's done but I just realized it has the wrong legs on it. 30.5 instead of 27s. Other than that she's done.

#1112 11 years ago

Might as well get all 5!

#1118 11 years ago

What were you meaning to get? 3/8"?

#1119 11 years ago

All three flippers rebuilt. Underside is almost acceptable. 4f0859db901ada0906d4e60c1b780f35.jpg4f0859db901ada0906d4e60c1b780f35.jpg

#1122 11 years ago

Link isn't working

#1129 11 years ago

Bottom right side is done.

536687d91539b85a191002b7b87ef828.jpg536687d91539b85a191002b7b87ef828.jpg a7d79ebde2c4b8f0b00650d52558c299.jpga7d79ebde2c4b8f0b00650d52558c299.jpg

#1130 11 years ago

Before and apron b58fb06a321d8efae423a84387eae9a5.jpgb58fb06a321d8efae423a84387eae9a5.jpg 5d8c59d14d5a35ac6842ea857d7a011d.jpg5d8c59d14d5a35ac6842ea857d7a011d.jpg

#1135 11 years ago

For twice the price I want an r2d2 hologram to pop out or something...

Thanks for the extra muscle.. The bonebusters is definitely playing faster with the 27s on the front. I like it.

#1147 11 years ago

T2 difficulty meter just went up. 043fe4c2eb7ac27a34fec6e23a62ba94.jpg043fe4c2eb7ac27a34fec6e23a62ba94.jpg

#1156 11 years ago

don't want to double post but here's the status of earthshaker.. finally got some relief from the heat so I could work on it tonight.. damn it's been hot..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-a-day-sub-100-degrees-got-to-work-on-the-earthshaker-a-bit?replies=4#post-310534

#1161 11 years ago

She's getting there. Still have the upper play field and ramps to work on before she's finished but it is coming along nicely.

#1175 11 years ago

Last updates for a while.. going to the beach. Just need to finish the ramps, pop bumper skirts, and drop target decals and I think that's all she wrote. Hopefully these pics upload...

IMG_0939.jpgIMG_0939.jpg IMG_0940.jpgIMG_0940.jpg IMG_0941.jpgIMG_0941.jpg

#1176 11 years ago

couple more.. yeah I know there are two rubber rings missing on the last one.. they're on there now..

IMG_0942.jpgIMG_0942.jpg IMG_0943.jpgIMG_0943.jpg IMG_0936.jpgIMG_0936.jpg

#1177 11 years ago

dead soldiers

also, not sure how that Gottlieb Black Hole plastic tag got on your game.. I didn't notice it until I was taking some pictures before the teardown.. weird.. I left it off when I put it back together

IMG_0930.jpgIMG_0930.jpg IMG_0904.jpgIMG_0904.jpg

#1179 11 years ago

If it was mine, I'd get new plastics, ramps, play field touch up, clearcoat, institute proto mod. As its going back out on location, I think she's happy the way she is.

#1189 11 years ago

Yeah pretty sure it starts a tourney mode. There are quite a few options on how you can play. 2 teams of 3. 3 teams of two, etc

#1192 11 years ago

The beach is nice. <-- news for the day.

#1199 11 years ago

It's vacation season crash. Get with the program!

#1205 11 years ago

Almost done, just need to clean the ramps and reassemble. Probably 100% by next weekend.

#1211 11 years ago

The revival is upon us!!! Praise the pin gods!

#1216 11 years ago

Great news on the opening. Guess I need to finish up earthshaker now that I'm back from
the beach.

Crash, I always had it on free play and it gave the option to "buy-in" after the last ball. You just hit the button and it starts another ball. Just like no fear.

#1234 11 years ago

I'll see if we can get t2 and earthshaker back in the rotation by the 28th.

#1235 11 years ago

Earthshaker update... new pop bumper skirts and drop target decals..

IMG_1011.jpgIMG_1011.jpg

#1243 11 years ago

Where the before pics crash?

Sweet Tron Erik. Love the EL wire.

Earthshaker should be back together tonight (minus a new upper GI short I have to track down and one of the pop bump lights not working). Hopefully have some finished product pics later tonight.

#1245 11 years ago

All done except some minor issues:

Yellow pop bumper light no lighty
Red pop bumper needs to be adjusted
Blue rubber square at the top metal wireform needs replaced
Sun flasher still doesn't work
Upper GI is blowing a fuse I need to track down the short
"30" light is intermittent due to an under pf board connector
Need to wax it and put the glass on

But she's clean! IMG_1021.jpgIMG_1021.jpg IMG_1022.jpgIMG_1022.jpg

#1257 11 years ago

You cant have all our Nashville games Porkchop!

Hey congrats on getting an arcade down there though, I'll miss the black rose...

#1277 11 years ago

EATPM and Whirlwind in the house. T2 and ES out the door.

#1279 11 years ago

You'll have to show up to find out.

#1284 11 years ago

No new posts??

#1288 11 years ago

well it looks better than when you started! Nice work Crash!

#1293 11 years ago

Nothing like some super clear ramps.

#1313 11 years ago

Game galaxy arcade and bakery!

Is it fall yet?

#1317 11 years ago

Where you goin Jay?

#1323 11 years ago

Xmen LE... Ridiculous. Why would anyone leave Nashville?

#1329 11 years ago

I'm in if there's power. What time is pregame pizza? Crash can bring the pepper.

#1337 11 years ago

Emailed

#1342 11 years ago

I'd take em both. Never had an EM. Good project. At this point I bet they're spoken for. No reply, no call.

#1351 11 years ago

Not me. No reply.

#1362 11 years ago

Elvira status... on the rot (thanks for the extraction help Jason)

eatpm1.JPGeatpm1.JPG

#1373 11 years ago

You're missing x-men crash.

#1382 11 years ago

Twilight zone confuses me. I'm never quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Welcome to the forum!

#1406 11 years ago

I have it on good authority that there is now power.

#1410 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Now the games that will be running at the arcade for the pinball free play:
Dr. Who
Terminator 2 (Just shopped)
Earthshaker (Just shopped)
Fish Tales (not the same one as before, LEDs and plays better)
Rollergames (not the same one as before)
Whirlwind (coming soon after shopout)
Elvira and the Party Monsters (coming soon after shopout)
Dracula
Baywatch (we have the board for repair, just need to test the ohms for coils and VUK coil)
Sopranos
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Phantom of the Opera
Back to the Future
X-files
Twilight Zone (coming in around August 17, I let Rob borrow it)
Radical (left flipper fixed courtesy of Erik)
White Water
Black Knight 2000
Guns n Roses
No Fear
Pinball Magic
Tron
We'll open as soon as we can, I'll keep everyone posted.

#1413 11 years ago

Ramps are all done. Waiting on parts before I tear apart the rest. Posts, hardware, cliffys, target decals, flipper rebuild, header pins, connectors... Etc

#1422 11 years ago

New location is nice. Little warm but bearable. Played for about 2 hours. I like that Dracula game.

#1424 11 years ago

Just me and my boy. Saw two others playing pins but didn't know them.

#1426 11 years ago

That ball slowly inching across the play field on Dracula is awesome.

#1433 11 years ago

About $60. I took my basic plans from Ed cheungs site. But if I build another I like this setup a little better.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ItltozdQcGE/TIFPi_lU-WI/AAAAAAAAApY/sxwtQUXeqNo/s1600/DSC03134.JPG

Same basic spinning hardware using plumbing unions and floor flanges but the tabletop setup using two wood A frames is a little different. Would save me some space.

#1435 11 years ago

The tap/die so you can use the faucet like locking mechanism is highly recommended. So much easier to lock and unlock. But a bit more work.

#1441 11 years ago

Nice work crash.

Yeah I've seen the black pipe design. It just doesn't look that stable to me. I think there's a recent thread where someone added some additional supports to it. But then you're getting up there in parts and defeating the purpose I'd think.

#1450 11 years ago

Here's one for you crash as I didn't have time to get back to earth shaker again after I thought I had it fixed but it wasn't.

When I got there it was only providing low power from the coil because the eos was open at rest. Gapped it properly and now it has high power but ONLY high power as its getting hot. The eos does open at full extension.

My next step was going to be to gap it always open again to see if I could get it back to only low power to make sure the hold wire didnt coincidentally break right after i gapped it (unlikely) and go from there but as I said, I had to leave.

#1453 11 years ago

The copter is just a wall wort that plugs into the aux outlet.

There's most likely a play field short somewhere. Some high power touching a switch.

#1455 11 years ago

I think it was looked over but nothing was found amiss and it was assumed it was a board issue to begin with.

#1462 11 years ago

bring some damn sage to burn..

#1465 11 years ago

Some repair notes:

That whitewater just keeps having issues. When I was there the left flipper pawl bolt had come out entirely and the dmd was showing garbled junk. Put the pawl bolt back in and reseated the display cables and fixed both of those issues. Now this ball trough issue.

Earthshaker left upper flipper works but never switches over to low power which makes me think maybe the wires going to the eos are touching causing it to never lose connectivity.

Tron is blowing f8. Put f8 back in. Open coin door. Turn on game. Go to coil test and cycle through them until it blows again. That should let you know which coil is shorting and narrow it down.

#1467 11 years ago

You're solo crash. I won't be there Saturday. . Probably Sunday. So get EM all fixed so I can just play! Ha

#1487 11 years ago

So all fixed but whitewater? Awesome. Glad you liked bone busters. You should have seen it when I first got it.

#1492 11 years ago

I didn't even notice the bumper skirt on bone busters but looking back at the pix I have I think it may be that way by design so you can shoot that left orbit up to the captive ball?

#1496 11 years ago

Thank god, that earthshaker flipper was driving me crazy and keeping me up at night.

#1497 11 years ago

Oh you can't sell guns n roses...

#1502 11 years ago

Need to bend that green 44 lock insert light back on earthshaker. I moved it out of the way when I was fiddling with the eos switch last week. Flipper works though! I did notice the fault wasn't staying open though.

#1513 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Earthshaker looks and plays amazing now. Mystic did a great job shopping it out. Most people aren't very fond of LED's. I haven't found one System 11 game that doesn't look amazing with them.

Thanks! I tried those warm whites to keep a little of the old school feel to it, a bit more on the yellow side than the cool whites.

Hopefully Elvira is all back together in a week or two. Down to rivets and electrical. Had to fabricate the small metal L brackets that hold on the new ramp entrance platics. Rivet and crimp, crimp and rivet. Whirlwind is still a ways out but I have fixed the annoying fan noise already.

#1521 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

That is actually a start; him selling anything....

He did say "considering". Ha!

#1529 11 years ago

All those switches are controlled in the switch matrix except the test button and slam tilt. Sounds like a switch matrix issue.

#1531 11 years ago

From Pinrepair on Gottlieb Sys3:

In one game I worked on, the coin switches, start button, front door, and tournament buttons did not work. These are all in strobe0 (row0) of the switch matrix. The driver board Q33 mosFet tested fine too. This was a 400 color (yellow,black,black) wire. Even though it only services switches in the front door area of the game, the y/bk/bk wire went to the playfield. This is because the wire then goes to 8 lamps in the lamp matrix, all using strobe0. Now the wire daisy chains from the lamps to a small 2"x2" circuit board mounted under the playfield. This board contains all the 1N4148 (or 1N914) diodes for the switches. And the strobe0 line goes through a 220 ohm resistor mounted on this board. Finally the wire changes color (to grn/grn/grn for strobe0 in this example), and then goes out of the playfield, and to the coin door area (in this case).

The reason why none of the eight Strobe0 switches worked was because the small 1/4 watt 220 ohm switch matrix resistor mounted on the small 2"x2" diode board had burned up. Replacing the resistor fixed the switch matrix problem, and the game worked

#1537 11 years ago

Much better. For the longest time I pictured you as an older black man. You couldn't be farther from that.

Who's showing up tonight? What time does this start, 6? 7? I looked back a page or two but couldn't find it.

#1546 11 years ago

Monster bash, bugs bunny, new gnr. Change the name to High End Game Galaxy.

#1549 11 years ago

I played it once and was sad I got an extra ball on ball 3 because it meant I had to endure 1 more ball. But I can say I played it now.

#1551 11 years ago

I think MB is going to be staying for a while from what Jason said.

Jamie came in first, I came in 2nd.. not sure who was third but Williams placed 4th. That's about all I remember.

#1554 11 years ago

Have rob or Brandon look at the right pop bumper on tron before you replace that transistor for any loose or touching wires. Q10 controls the right pop.

#1558 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Why does it sound like this game is going to not be fixed just by getting Q10 working? lol

It may, but there very well could be a shorted wire on or around that coil that initially caused Q10 to short, which in turn blows F8.. big chain of events. Of course, maybe Q10 just went out on it's own but always best to check first before you blow another transistor.

What you could do is remove Q10 from the board, put a good F8 fuse back in, remove J10 connector (near the bottom) and see if it still blows F8 (in which case you've got other transistors or problems with the board). If it doesn't, turn it off, plug in J10, turn it back on again. Now does it blow? If it does, you've got something ELSE shorted on the playfield somewhere as your transistor and connector to Q10 is totally removed from the mix at this point.

Regardless of what you do and even if you do nothing but replace the transistor, when you replace Q10, unplug J10 connector before you power it on the first time. If the fuse still blows you know you have another board issue. If it doesn't blow and then when you plug J10 back in again it blows, then you still have a short on the playfield somewhere.

Are you confused yet?

Let's just hope replacing Q10 produces unicorns and rainbows and we're all playing Tron again by next week.

#1563 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Jamie has one of those he is trying to sell...Nicest junkyard I have ever seen. Chromed out madness. Looks better than new.

And as of about an hour ago it has color matched LEDs in all the inserts. Along with the shadow and MM. lots of chrome in that room!

#1570 11 years ago

R102,103,104 are resistors for Q77 and R108,109,110 are for Q79. Q79 isnt used. Q77 is the lower pop bumper.

2.7k 1/4 watts for 102 & 108
560 1/4 watts for 103 & 109
68 1/2 watts for 104 & 110

sorry.. I get caught up in reading schematics.. <---dork

#1589 11 years ago

Funhouse playfield to keep me busy while I wait for Elvira parts in the mail next week..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-funhouse-playfield-project

#1591 11 years ago

Space shuttles always have playfield wear but I really like that game and owned it for a few months. That said, 800 for one with wear seems high to me. I could see a minty space shuttle with a new playfield going for 1200-1300. Repro playfield is 600. 1200-600=600-100 for various other crap in sure is wrong with it and maybe I'd give 500... Maybe.

#1599 11 years ago

Put the Funhouse playfield down to do some work on Elvira. Drops and new interconnect headers.. sweeeeeet..

EATPM_-_DROP_TARGETS_(1).jpgEATPM_-_DROP_TARGETS_(1).jpg EATPM_-_DROP_TARGETS.jpgEATPM_-_DROP_TARGETS.jpg EATPM_-_INTERCONNECT_(2).jpgEATPM_-_INTERCONNECT_(2).jpg EATPM_-_INTERCONNECT.jpgEATPM_-_INTERCONNECT.jpg

#1617 11 years ago

If q10 and the coil is all that's wrong you could replace q10, desolder a lug of the coil and get it going without that lower pop.

#1621 11 years ago

Go to 4 day. Nobody ever goes on those other days. I don't think anyone will complain.

#1630 11 years ago

Earthshaker also has an annoying ball hop off the left lane guide to the flipper (easily fixed), the "10' insert light is out (it's that connector to the light board or the light board itself, it's finicky), the socket to the one of the green arrows near the upper left flipper needs to be adjusted so it shines on the insert, and of course the fault.

The fault opens and closes but doesn't stay open. Thinking we should also look at that fault open switch (#43) to make sure it's closing when the coil fires.

There's our earthshaker punch list for Tuesday diskoboy! I'll bring a sack of tools. I have an angled screwdriver.

I'm going to have to hold onto Elvira and whirlwind for a month to "play test" so this doesn't happen again. Hey, T2 works great!

#1635 11 years ago

Everyone's favorite part of a shop job.. the part nobody will ever see..

EATPM_-_Connectors_005.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_005.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_006.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_006.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_009.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_009.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_017.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_017.jpg

#1640 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Cool. New header pins?

But of course.

#1649 11 years ago

There are still a lot of holes (generally the exact picture or section I'm looking for), but it's getting better and has some good info.

#1653 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

THIS. I would love to learn how to repair my Black Hole. Right now it has a couple of slingshot kickers that need tweaking. Soldering 101 is probably really where I need to start.

You must get a switch adjustment tool. That and a fuse puller should be mandatory with any first pin purchase.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=425
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#1655 11 years ago

love some deep fried oreos..

Elvira just about done... waiting on that PCB for the ramp entrance plastic, put it back in the cabinet, couple little extras I'm working on still.. then lots of playtesting this time! No burning flippers or non-functioning faults!

EATPM_-_Almost_Done_004.jpgEATPM_-_Almost_Done_004.jpg

#1658 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is that skull lock plastic chipped?

Way to concentrate on the negative. it's got a small crack on the right post hole but you probably can't see it in that picture. But yes, it appears the teeth have fallen off, but since they're ALL gone unless you knew they were supposed to be there you wouldn't notice.

Quoted from Erik:

any of you guys ever try flame polishing?

I bought a torch but haven't tried it yet. So far the ramps I've worked on have cleaned up really well with a little novus.

#1660 11 years ago

Busch league!!!

Crash, find me a replacement and we'll put her in there:

Marco: out of stock
Mad amusements: out of stock
Some company in Australia: out of stock
eBay: nothing

#1667 11 years ago

Awesome! Someone got on it today! Disko and I can concentrate on earthshaker, unless you fixed that too..

#1669 11 years ago

No idea.

But the earthshaker ball hop on the left flipper and the fault is fixed. But it needs a screw and nut to hold the wireform down.

#1673 11 years ago

I didn't pull the play field out on earthshaker. Everything was done in cabinet using an angled screwdriver.

#1678 11 years ago

She's alive! Back in the cabinet. Everything works, I'd say better than before. Have a few minor aesthetic things I need to take care of and she'll be done. Probably back at the GG by this weekend. Oh, and yes, the skull plastic is still cracked.

And I'm still waiting on a lamp PCB for the monster slide plastic, hopefully here tomorrow. So...

Lamp PCB
Adjust the flippers a little
New custom instruction card
Wax
One more slight mod.. and she's done. And then on to Whirlwind.

EATPM_-_Back_in_the_Cab_Again_008.jpgEATPM_-_Back_in_the_Cab_Again_008.jpg

#1698 11 years ago

I see you installed the new loose rubber ring challenge mod. Nice.

#1705 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I thought there was an Attack from Mars in Crossville, but that's not Cookeville.

I seem to remember somebody telling me that as well. No idea where though.

Elvira is done. Back to the arcade tomorrow. Another project sliding in front of whirlwind, sorry guys.

#1707 11 years ago

You'll find out soon enough I'm sure. Not going to GG though.

#1709 11 years ago

Best looking bugs bunny ever!

#1711 11 years ago

I was joking. I wouldn't have that machine in my garage. No offense. . If you're dying of curiosity look at the latest post on my blog crash, you have the address.

#1712 11 years ago

final pics

EATPM_-_Done_011.jpgEATPM_-_Done_011.jpg EATPM_-_Done_015.jpgEATPM_-_Done_015.jpg

#1715 11 years ago

The fault works though, the wireform is just hanging the ball up because it's not constrained by the screw. Did you try putting a nut on the underside to hold the machine screw?

#1717 11 years ago

certainly hacked.. here's a pic of the day I got it.

http://pinballrestore.wordpress.com/1989-williams-earthshaker/#jp-carousel-224

definitely a screw there that shouldn't be..

#1718 11 years ago

The Y-latch they're talking about in this post is UNDER the playfield and latches when the fault fully opens (near the coil). We tested that when we were there and it was catching correctly. Obviously the extra screw is weird but I still think a nut/machine screw to hold the wireform still could fix the ball getting caught up, the ramp just needs to be far enough to the right so that the ball doesnt get stuck between that screw and the wireform.

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=982383

#1721 11 years ago

Earthshaker 100%.

#1723 11 years ago

Machine screw and a nut on the wireform. Removed the extraneous screw as it seemed to serve no purpose other than to hang up the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 18.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
407 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mystic. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/1?tu=mystic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.