tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 119.
#801 11 years ago

Can I change the mismatched flipper bat? Please?

#802 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Can I change the mismatched flipper bat? Please?

Already did it. Changed that to an original and replaced a switch for the Pizza Passage.

Actually, Earthshaker needs a shop out more than ANYTHING, holy crap I forgot all about that game.

#803 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

mystic said:I'll take whatever you need work on. I'm in a parts holding pattern on Bone Busters. Got the final connector yesterday but it was too short by an inch so I had to ship it back. Waiting waiting...
Elvira needs the most work, Whirlwind second most...all of the stuff is minor but I "think" Whirlwind has a lock problem with the switches...

Yeah. The lock switches on Whirlwind are hit or miss.

Sometimes the balls lock. But most of the time, it just spits them back onto the playfield.

#804 11 years ago

Open source arcade. Love it! Excellent idea! I'll do what I can even if it means not physically doing anything to the machines (I've learned a lot though and Jason feel free to ask me anything). I need to spend every minute of my time down there playing that awesome collection. Lots of stuff I've never even seen before.

#805 11 years ago

Is Frankenstein playable? You said it has display issues? Maybe I can help you with that. I'll be down there next Saturday. Anyone else coming? jayhawkai?

#806 11 years ago

Only because I noticed it and we're all chiming in...

T2 is playing well, but the skull lock isn't activating all the time. And there's some intermittent end of ball search issue. I played T2 quite a bit in the museum this weekend, and after seeing the PAPA tournament footage from it (http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-semifinals-group-1-terminator-2/) I'd love to see it make one of the tournaments one day.

And I'd be glad to help as well.

#807 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is Frankenstein playable? You said it has display issues? Maybe I can help you with that. I'll be down there next Saturday. Anyone else coming? jayhawkai?

Frankenstein works 100%. I fixed the display problem

#808 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Only because I noticed it and we're all chiming in...
T2 is playing well, but the skull lock isn't activating all the time. And there's some intermittent end of ball search issue. I played T2 quite a bit in the museum this weekend, and after seeing the PAPA tournament footage from it (http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-semifinals-group-1-terminator-2/) I'd love to see it make one of the tournaments one day.
And I'd be glad to help as well.

Surprisingly that actually went to Mike Chestnut for repair and came back like that...I didn't want to bring it back to him because I already had other stuff going on with it but there is a reason why each one of those pins is in the museum; they all have some annoying "tick" to them...

#809 11 years ago

But yeah if you guys want free games on stuff and think you can figure out these minor issues, bring your tools and let me know at the counter, lol then you can play all the games you want that day or longer if it takes too long to find the problems= P

#810 11 years ago

So I'm guessing you'll be here more than usual due to the upcoming tournament?

#811 11 years ago

I'l be at the arcade 3-4 days a week but that is normal

#812 11 years ago

Will you be there this Saturday? Show me some problems if you have any and I'll give you advice on how to fix them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#813 11 years ago

I will be in Memphis this Saturday, and....

Very very very bad news everyone, Hickory Hollow Mall is CLOSING Juy 1st, so we have to move everything out by June 30 of this month.

I am trying to find an alternate location, the only spot for certain looks to be Madison Square Mall in Huntsville, AL, which will be a $6 one hour, $10 all day thing for people to play arcade games and the normal console setups but as far as a location here in Middle Tennessee I do not have one as of yet.

I am probably able to go back to my original Rivergate OUTSIDE spot but I'm not touching that place again....so if anyone has any ideas for a warehouse or game store spot for us for now, I am all ears but as of right now we are completely in limbo after June 30.

#814 11 years ago

What?? What the heck, I thought it was going to be repurposed! I knew this day was near, in the back of my mind something told me... very sad news indeed. Does that mess up the big tournament? Holy crap looks like I won't be able to see the museum unless you have it open through June. I was planning on doing it eventually but wanted more actual arcade time.

So the entire mall is closing. Any details? I thought you said the Madison Square deal fell through. Man I'm sure going to miss Game Galaxy... won't be accessible to me anymore. Jason I most likely will be coming to your house at some point... thanks for the invitation.

As for a game store spot this most likely won't work but the old Hollywood Video store in Lebanon in for lease. It's been closed for years though and the building is in bad condition.

Looks like we're on a mission to find Jason another location... Any ideas? Are you closing the arcade immediately? If not how much time do we have?

#815 11 years ago

Well I was just going to post thanks for loaning me Radical then I see this. That's a real bummer.

If you can find a spot in Rivergate that faces the street maybe it would do better? Any options in Smyrna or Franklin?

#816 11 years ago

Such a shame that the actual Rivergate MALL is no longer an option. The arcade was actually starting to do well...

#817 11 years ago

Whats the square footage of your current location?

#818 11 years ago

Wow this sucks.

There's tons of new retail space in Smyrna but its all on Sam Ridley and would likely rent for some serious coin. I'd imagine any good spot in Franklin would be similar.

Oh and you can probably dump two in my garage later this month if you help me move bone busters inside. Might even clean em up a little bit if I get bored.

#819 11 years ago

Kind of left us hanging here didn't you? He signed off.

#820 11 years ago

Crash if you stop by Jason's sometime drop me a line, I'm literally a 2 minute walk down the street.

#821 11 years ago

I'll be sure to do that. By the way Jason if you need some money or something maybe we can set up a small donation fund...

#822 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What?? What the heck, I thought it was going to be repurposed! I knew this day was near, in the back of my mind something told me... very sad news indeed. Does that mess up the big tournament? Holy crap looks like I won't be able to see the museum unless you have it open through June. I was planning on doing it eventually but wanted more actual arcade time.
So the entire mall is closing. Any details? I thought you said the Madison Square deal fell through. Man I'm sure going to miss Game Galaxy... won't be accessible to me anymore. Jason I most likely will be coming to your house at some point... thanks for the invitation.
As for a game store spot this most likely won't work but the old Hollywood Video store in Lebanon in for lease. It's been closed for years though and the building is in bad condition.
Looks like we're on a mission to find Jason another location... Any ideas? Are you closing the arcade immediately? If not how much time do we have?

I am going to keep it open since I paid the rent for June already, which is another tactic having me move out and pay rent and not say anything. They still haven't said anything "official" but it's happening tomorrow, corporate coming and all to give us the "announcement" that they are moved away from retail.

I would love to find another spot. That is the idea, move to another spot by the end of the month as opposed to storage but I am selling a lot of the excess stuff if I have to and not moving it into a storage.

Madison Square Mall did fall through but only my "partner" fell through on it. I am opening it with or without him, I just need to find a staff to make up for the 72 hours there I need someone to work....so it's happening. The rent is cheap and it's going to be $6 for an hour or $10 for all day play on the games and there will be pinballs there for sure, just not sure which ones...

I'd rather keep it probably closer to Smyrna but here's the issue...

I can be open Fri/Sat night, have a warehouse type spot but open sparingly, or open as a game store still but strip malls require lit signage and have higher lease terms, a lot of this all depends on leasing..but yes, I need a location so let me know what you guys come up with. Call people if you have to....I can tell you I pay $950 with electricity for this one and I can go up to about $1700 a month so it leaves me with few options...especially limiting me on size...

#823 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Whats the square footage of your current location?

3,200 sq feet...

Oh and here's some irony, Incredible Dave's filed bankruptcy...gotta love it...

#824 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Well I was just going to post thanks for loaning me Radical then I see this. That's a real bummer.
If you can find a spot in Rivergate that faces the street maybe it would do better? Any options in Smyrna or Franklin?

I am so afraid of strip malls with no foot traffic....that is why I wanted a mall spot so bad....

#825 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

And there's still absolutely no way to go back to Rivergate.

#826 11 years ago

Have you tried The Factory in Franklin?

It may be a bit hoity toity, but it's got foot traffic. And it's in a nice area of town.

They seem to be pretty liberal about renting spaces to small business startups. There's everything from a school of design there, to a hot dog place.

#827 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

DreamTR said:
And there's still absolutely no way to go back to Rivergate.

Not unless I had no arcade machines or pinball machines. And the rent is going up because everyone is going to need a spot tomorrow.

#828 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Have you tried The Factory in Franklin?
It may be a bit hoity toity, but it's got foot traffic. And it's in a nice area of town.
They seem to be pretty liberal about renting spaces to small business startups. There's everything from a school of design there, to a hot dog place.

I'll check in to it...room for what we have though?

#829 11 years ago

That's what I don't understand... Incredible Dave's never really had those. Franklin? That's something within my reach.

#830 11 years ago

Man I hope you can work out a location in the greater Nashville area. Most of the space I'm aware of around here with at least that square footage and decent foot traffic is certainly going for a good bit more than that. I''l certainly keep my eye on the commercial properties' lease listings in the area and whatever I might come across.

I really don't want to think about the possibility of no local access to that may pins and classic arcade machines.

#831 11 years ago

Dave's has them (arcades and pins) now, but they are the ones that got upset with CBL about us and all that...it's a mess...

I mean, believe you me guys, I want to find a spot...I think warehouses even with STORAGE for now until I find the right spot would work so if anyone can help, please let me know...

I can say that I am probably going to have to sell about 80 machines and I am not pleased about it and that includes some pins (obviously not the AAA titles) in order for me to trim down and keep some stuff here in storage and the rest of the stuff in Madison Square Mall. Madison Square Mall is going to look like the arcade, just everything moved up there minus Jay's 20 games...

#832 11 years ago

So are you saying given the option that you would split GG between Madison and Middle Tennessee?

#833 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So are you saying given the option that you would split GG between Madison and Middle Tennessee?

I'm taking everything I can minus the big pinballs to Madison Square Mall that is currently in the arcade, that is happening unless I find a location here quicker. If that happens I don't have to sell anything or store anything but I am under the assumption I will have to sell about 80 games and bring about 50 to Alabama and store about 40 here until I get another spot.

#834 11 years ago

Do we know if The Factory even has an opening? Seems like a pretty positive place. Doesn't look like they have an arcade either. The fact that it's basically an everything-in-one entertainment center makes the chances seem good here...

#835 11 years ago

The Factory is only open til 5pm, I don't have high hopes for the rent pricing there...I really wish Smyrna rent was cheaper on higher foot traffic, it's pretty high out here for some reason.

#836 11 years ago

What about stones river mall in the boro?

#837 11 years ago

Stones River doesn't want an arcade I don't believe. Or was that Cool Springs? Darn Smyrna would certainly be an attractive location for me, only 30 minutes away.

#838 11 years ago

A friend and I are also interested in helping move stuff or anything in general next weekend if you're ok with that. I'm trying to get him to join Pinside.

#839 11 years ago

There's not really a location with good foot traffic in Smyrna though.

#840 11 years ago

Lots of foot traffic in downtown Franklin. Unsure of rent tho

#841 11 years ago

Lots at The Avenue in Murfreesboro as well but rent is probably sick there.

#842 11 years ago

I'm going to try to find a number for something in Jackson Heights Mall. Close to a movie theater, Toots, etc. Who knows?

#843 11 years ago

Theres a few spaces in Franklin on Main Street by the old court house, right off the town square.

http://www.showcase.com/property/320-Main-Street/Franklin/Tennessee/830774

TONS of foot traffic with tons of shops and a movie theater closeby. The only problem is you'd take a huge hit on the square footage.

The one benefit you had at HH was their desperation for business. Unfortunately, you're now gonna have to either sacrifice square footage or rent costs.

#844 11 years ago

Stones River won't call me back ever even though I spoke to them a couple of times via email....It was Cool Springs that does not want an arcade.

#845 11 years ago

Pick up the phone and call ole Jeff. I can't imagine they're overflowing with applications since The Avenue opened up.

http://www.stonesrivermall.com/info/Leasing.cfm

#846 11 years ago

Sorry to hear this news, Jason. I was planning to come out to Game Galaxy this weekend (prob Friday night) anyway, so now it's definitely time for a visit. Hmm, why Madison Sq. Mall in Huntsville? I used to live there back in the early-mid 90's.

Funnily enough I was just thinking about move options earlier today. Is 100 Oaks Mall a no go now that it's been renovated? I also wonder how the old Great Escape location by Vandy would do. I think that building is still vacant. Man, so many areas around town I would love to see you move: 8th South (Grimey's Records/The Basement/Zanie's area), East Nashville/5 Points, Gulch/Cannery area, Hillsboro Village just to name a few off the top of my head.

If you run out of storage options, I'm sure I can make room in my garage. I'm going to miss the HH location for sure!

#847 11 years ago

MWC: Madison Square Mall has a spot perfect for us and the foot traffic is comparable to Rivergate but the rent is like Hickory Hollow. Needless to say we need something but it's a place where a lot of my stuff is just going to have to go.

100 oaks doesn't do inside retail anymore, that's what Hickory Hollow is moving towards.

Great Escape left because the rent increased....

I don't know anything about 8th Ave South or East Nashville...but I am more than open to any place you guys can help me locate. As you can tell I can't sleep because of this nightmare coming true.

And you garage can fit 180 games? LOL

I mean I can wait longer if need be but I need a cheap warehouse storage for these games or else there is a massive sale coming of videos....

#848 11 years ago

Didn't think about college locations, unfortnately I don't know much about vandy or MTSU campuses but I'd think there'd be a lot of foot traffic at a location like that, not so much in the summer though. Lots of young bored kids though.

#849 11 years ago

Hey, sorry to hear about the Mall closing, Memphis is in about the same boat as Nashville as far as malls are concerned. Your closest situation to what you have in Nashville would probably be the Ralleigh Springs Mall or Hickory Ridge Mall. Other malls (Wolfchase Galleria and Oak Court are probably too size and or rent $$ prohibitive. You may do well in a strip mall adjacent to a big movie theatre here though. Of course memphis is overloaded with cheap warehouse spaces. It's a mega-hub for trucking companies and FedEx of course. I could store some games for you(room for 15-20 in garage), possibly all of them at my work (you would have to work this out with my boss). Jason if you want to call me to discuss or while in town you can find my number on my wtb ad on the memphis craiglist.

Also Jason I know this probably is probably gonna be sky-high priced (I know the seller) here's a TFTC from today on the Memphis CL.

memphis.craigslist.org link

Richard

#850 11 years ago

I'm off on my last visit...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
£ 39.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.