tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 119.
#5901 7 years ago

As promised more info on the upcoming Nashville Pinball League. First night will be March 15th at 7:PM and we will run till 9:PM every Wednesday for 8 weeks. We will take the best of 6 weeks out of the 8, so if you have some bad nights or have to miss a few no big deal. Each Wednesday you will play 4 different games and you will play 3 rounds on each game so each night you will play 12 games of pinball. These will be 4 player games and the scoring will be the following

1st place: 4 points
2nd place 3 points
3rd place 2 points
4th place 1 point

This means that you are guaranteed 12 points for showing up each week (12 last place finishes) or a max of 48 points (12x4)

First Wednesday will be random 4 player groups but after that we will most likely seed groups based on last weeks performance, giving novice players a chance as well.

Buy In is $10 for all 8 weeks and there will be payouts for the top 3 placed finishes. The event will be hosted by Raven Tools and we will are looking into getting T-shirts made with the logo on the flyer. I'm looking to hang the flyers around the Nashville area where I know there is location pinball.

Also there will be pinball announcements for anything going on in the Nashville area. For the first night I have the following.

Aerosmith Launch Party March 17th 7:PM at Game Galaxy Antioch
Tournament March 25th at 6:PM at Game Galaxy Antioch
New Barcade open in Murfreesboro on the square

If you want me to add anything then let me know.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.46.04 PM (resized).png

#5902 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

In terms of the launch party what he is telling you to do is to have everyone play 2 games and add the scores together where the top 8 go on to the finals.
From the top 8 you divide them up into two groups of 4 based on their seeding from the first two games added and each group will play 3 different games on Aerosmith. After each game 1st place gets 4 points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point, and 4th gets 0. After the 3 games are done you add up the points and the top 2 finishers will face off against the top 2 finishers in the other category for one final 3 game round on Aerosmith again using the same score system. At the end 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be crowned.
This means that each player has the potential of playing 8 games of Aerosmith (2 qualifying scores added together, 3 finals games in round 1, and 3 more finals games in the championship round)

You're going to have to show me in person, it still sounds very complex and involved. The fact that it is not simplistic and easy to understand with multiple steps just means I will need to see how this works in person. For new players trying to explain how the system works might be involving. It also means tournaments (from what I am getting) will run way longer. This may work on multiple machines for the monthly, for the launch party not so sure.

#5903 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

In terms of the monthly tournaments, may I suggest a strikes tournament matchplay. I have software that will help you do this but basically you randomize all players into groups of 4 on a random game from a number of games of your choice. They then play a 4 player game and the bottom 2 players will take a strike where the top 2 players are safe for that round. Then after all games are done you will randomize games and players again. Three or Four strikes and you're out and last man standing wins.
You of course can run things as you want, but I've played a few of these and they are tons of fun and you meet lots of new people. Very social.

Hey Will. How goes it? Matchplay.events might be what you're talking about. I've run tourneys with it and played in other tourneys run with it. Very well designed and you can run almost any format you can think of on it. I highly recommend it.

https://matchplay.events/

#5904 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You're going to have to show me in person, it still sounds very complex and involved. The fact that it is not simplistic and easy to understand with multiple steps just means I will need to see how this works in person. For new players trying to explain how the system works might be involving. It also means tournaments (from what I am getting) will run way longer. This may work on multiple machines for the monthly, for the launch party not so sure.

You are correct. It really is hard to run a meaningful tourney for a launch party. I would suggest keeping it simple and just have fun with everyone getting to know the new pin. Please don't let this stuff overwhelm you. When it come to a real tourney the only thing to remember with respect to IFPA points is the more games played the better.

#5905 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You are correct. It really is hard to run a meaningful tourney for a launch party. I would suggest keeping it simple and just have fun with everyone getting to know the new pin. Please don't let this stuff overwhelm you. When it come to a real tourney the only thing to remember with respect to IFPA points is the more games played the better.

I've been running double elimination brackets for many years for fighting games, so this is fairly new. I've run pinball tournaments before but with this point system people are after I leave it to the serious tournament players for advice on how they think it should be run, but I still stand by this whole system is not very open and easy to understand for new players to enjoy themselves.....

#5906 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Will. How goes it? Matchplay.events might be what you're talking about. I've run tourneys with it and played in other tourneys run with it. Very well designed and you can run almost any format you can think of on it. I highly recommend it.

https://matchplay.events/

Good call Chris. Matchplay.events was what I was referring to. We have ran it for a strikes tournament here and tried it with a selfie tournament as well. I'm impressed with it.

2 weeks later
#5907 7 years ago

Aerosmith is now at Game Galaxy in Antioch for $1 a play or $2 for 3 plays.

1 week later
#5908 7 years ago

Reminder that tonight is the launch tournament for Aerosmith at Game Galaxy. $5 entry into the tourney, $10 cover into the arcade. 7pm!

#5909 7 years ago

Just a heads up, if you haven't attended a Nashville League Night at Raven Tools on Wednesday you're missing out on some good times and some good pinball. Also hoping to see some of you guys out Saturday night at Game Galaxy Antioch location at 6PM for the starting back of the monthly tournaments.

On a side note, found this post 4 years ago on this forum regarding the chances of a Family Guy making it to a Game Galaxy location in the Nashville area. Just a shame that it will never happen

Quoted from DreamTR:

Definitely won't be happening. $4000 for a pinball that I don't like to make $10 a week. LOL.

The way I go about pinballs is I get ones I want to play and ones I like and ones that are good. If it's a combination that doesn't work I won't acquire them. I'm interested in a few certain ones to play them but Family Guy is not one of them.

#5910 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Just a heads up, if you haven't attended a Nashville League Night at Raven Tools on Wednesday you're missing out on some good times and some good pinball. Also hoping to see some of you guys out Saturday night at Game Galaxy Antioch location at 6PM for the starting back of the monthly tournaments.
On a side note, found this post 4 years ago on this forum regarding the chances of a Family Guy making it to a Game Galaxy location in the Nashville area. Just a shame that it will never happen

It's not happening. It will never be in the Antioch location. I swear on that.

Don't forget about the tournament tonight at 6pm at Game Galaxy in Antioch though! Games will be announced at the event. Nothing crazy =)

#5911 7 years ago

Against all that is right, Family Guy is now in the Smyrna location.

#5912 7 years ago

I am heading to Nashville on vacation in a week. Any places with pins to check out? Thanks, Mike

#5913 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am heading to Nashville on vacation in a week. Any places with pins to check out? Thanks, Mike

Game Galaxy Antioch, Game Galaxy Rivergate, Game Galaxy Smyrna, Flashback Arcade in Murfreesboro.

Ask me specifics on what you are looking for and I will tell you how many and if you ask me what each place has, etc

1 week later
#5915 7 years ago

Just an update on pin repairs/moves:

Ac/DC new ramps, now in Smyrna.
Rocky and Bullwinkle now in Smyrna.

Tron and Star Trek Stern will be in Smyrna and setup late Sunday/early Monday.

Barracora Smyrna, "reset" issue fixed.
Stern Viper displays/repaired
Bally Star Trek displays/repaired

working on Q*Bert's Quest (awaiting on part)

Robocop in Antioch plastic repair/replace (finally) and switch issue fixed.

#5916 7 years ago

I have a few local games for sale.

Paragon - shopped, polished, tumbled, full playfield overlay with playfield protector, very nice original BG, original cabinet with a few tastefully done touch ups $2000

Centaur II - shopped, polished, tumbled, full playfield overlay with playfield protector, nice GG, original cab that's in great shape with almost no touch ups required $3000

Pharaoh - Full high end restore, touched up a cleared upper and lower playfields, all parts tumbled and polished, cabinet redone, perfect BG, restore was done by Keith Holbrook about 12 months ago. Also has a custom engraved lockdown bar. Maybe the nicest Pharaoh in existence $3400

Fathom - Nice original with a very nice cabinet, playfield has some touch ups and ball swirling but all of the art is present and it plays very well. Original BG with only a few minor issues. Less then 100 plays since it was last shopped. Has a new rottendog mpu. Plays and looks great $4500

Might also part with a fully restored high end Xenon but not sure yet. Prices are fairly firm unless someone wants to do a package deal for several of them. Games are all extremely nice and play great. It's hard to find any of these games in much better condition.

11 months later
#5917 6 years ago

Judging by the fact that the last post here was 11 months ago It looks like this thread is not exactly the hot place for Nashville area pinball fans right now In case anybody is still monitoring it I'll go ahead and post.

Some may remember me when I used to come to the Antioch Game Galaxy tournaments fairly regularly quite some time ago (if any of the guys who used to come then are still around). I'm still around but I'm moving at the end of the month (just moving locally) and I've been trying to purge quite a bit of the stuff I own and I've decided not to take the machine you see in my profile with me. I've also decided that as long as someone locally can pick it up before the end of this week (preferably within the next few days) they can have it free otherwise it goes in storage for a while. Also if whoever gets it is interested I have new in box the Pascal PI-1x4 all-in-one board for Gottlieb sys 1s that I originally bought for the machine (they are super nice) and while I'm obviously not giving it away too (Pascal currently sells them for about $330.00 depending on the Euro to dollar conversion at any one time) I can work out a good deal for it otherwise I'll keep it.

The last time I powered up the machine it wasn't working but overall I think it's good cosmetically with the usual cabinet scuffs and couple of initials in one side of the head and an overall good backglass and playfield.

PM for details

EDIT:
I've had a few PMs already and one commitment to take it so as of now it's spoken for but if that changes I'll update this post.

#5918 6 years ago

Since this thread is pretty much been taken over by various Facebook groups, I'll point out www.tnpin.org. It's a one stop shop for links to all things pinball in Tennessee. I created it pretty much for people new to the scene, so maybe it's helpful for anyone who stumbles on this thread.

4 months later
#5919 5 years ago

Just thought I would give this thread a bump. This used to be the go to place for Nashville pinball info but now Facebook has taken over.

For the curious....Pinball has been heating up in Nashville! Last year we had our first official State Championship in Tennessee and this year we have had regular Weekly league since April and starting in June we've had two weekly leagues going (gotta get the IFPA points) so if you are interested in hanging out and playing some pinball check out the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/482322968795288/

6 months later
#5920 5 years ago

Resurrecting this thread as well. Pinball tournaments now Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in the Middle Tennessee area.

#5921 5 years ago

I forget about this thread. I don't get to get out much and play with all of you guys, I kinda hate that at times. I think most know I'm working somewhat around the clock, in the evenings it's usually game and mostly pinball related.
Hope everyone is doing well, tho. I'm here if you guys need anything, always glad to lend a hand, a part, or whatever. Just yell at me.
Chris

#5922 5 years ago

I was supposed to go to Nashville on Saturday to watch the Preds play the Avalanche. I'm glad I didn't because they got whopped 5-0.

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

I forget about this thread. I don't get to get out much and play with all of you guys, I kinda hate that at times. I think most know I'm working somewhat around the clock, in the evenings it's usually game and mostly pinball related.
Hope everyone is doing well, tho. I'm here if you guys need anything, always glad to lend a hand, a part, or whatever. Just yell at me.
Chris

Chris... take some time to go play some pinball and hang out. The work will always be there, but the friends won’t.

4 weeks later
#5924 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Chris... take some time to go play some pinball and hang out. The work will always be there, but the friends won’t.

No-one knows how true a statement that is, then myself. I want to. Just a crazy season with so many little ones here as well. It will happen in time. But thank you for the encouragement!

1 week later
#5925 5 years ago

For IFPA points:

Tuesday April 9 Game Galaxy Smyrna tournament. FREE ENTRY including arcade entry. You must play in the pinball tournament to gain free entry. 400+ arcade and pinball games for free included with tournament entry! $30 cash prize to FIRST PLACE. Time is now changed to 730pm.

6 Rounds of Matchplay, Top 4, 6, or 8 make Finals (depending on number of entrants)

This week's games:

Gorgar
Fathom
Frontier
Dolly
Bobby Orr's Power Play
Iron Man
Johnny Mnemonic
BMX
Paragon

5 months later
#5926 4 years ago

Bumping this thread since I don't use Facebook. Jason, it was good meeting you again. Thanks for having all 25 of us from our company. Since I work in Smyrna now hopefully I'll have more opportunities to check it out. We really had a blast with everything and it was hard to wrap my mind around the sheer amount of stuff that was available to play. Besides the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo, that's the most games I've seen in one place for sure. Awesome work, man!

2 years later
#5927 2 years ago

Resurrecting this from the dead in case there are more new players out there in our zone!

#5928 2 years ago

Thanks, I can't imagine all of us use the Facebook group (I don't use Facebook).

1 week later
#5929 2 years ago

Glad you resurrected this thread. I’m fairly new to this group and check this and FB for any local happenings.

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

Glad you resurrected this thread. I’m fairly new to this group and check this and FB for any local happenings.

Most of the pinball groups/gatherings are Game Galaxy or No Quarter these days it seems. Weekly tournaments Tues at Game Galaxy starting in January and weeklies at No Quarter (there is one tonight) on Wednesdays

#5931 2 years ago

See you Tuesday!

1 week later
#5932 2 years ago

Here's a blast from the past. Same laundromat, over 20 years ago. Games? Donkey Kong, Independence Day pinball, and Slugfest. Jason, that might actually be your Donkey Kong. The other 2 games were parted out unfortunately.

Screenshot from 2022-01-06 09-09-02 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-01-06 09-09-02 (resized).png

Screenshot from 2022-01-06 09-10-59 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-01-06 09-10-59 (resized).png

1 month later
#5933 2 years ago

Addams is cleaned up and back at the wash.

DSC_2700 (resized).JPGDSC_2700 (resized).JPG
#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Addams is cleaned up and back at the wash.
[quoted image]

Nice! What other pins are currently there? I might have to scrounge up some coins and head over there for awhile tonight.

#5935 2 years ago

We also have White Water, Police Force, and Bally Escape from the Lost World. Let me me know if you stop by. They are all $0.50. Addams plays nice.

1 month later
#5936 2 years ago

Bump

#5937 2 years ago

I just read this, and learned Jason helped out with the TMNT game that was stolen by U-Ship. Way to go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt/page/6#post-6655827

#5938 2 years ago

yea that was my nib tmnt lol crazy

8 months later
#5939 1 year ago

Anyone in southeast Nashville, specifically the Antioch/Brentwood/Nashville area, available to help me get my nib rush pro from my garage up 2 steps in the house, up 6 steps to a landing where you turn 90 degrees and go up about 9 step to the bonus room over the garage? Never done it before and can't do it alone!
I do have a cheap dolly and some cheap ratchet straps.
Thx.

#5940 1 year ago

Still looking for help from anyone who can swing by and help me get my rush up some stairs with my dolly and straps? Happy to trade a a Ben Franklin for however long that takes... Buy yourself some egg nog!

4 months later
#5941 11 months ago

Curious if anyone wants this for $5. I have a 13" CRT computer monitor I've been working on. It "works" and has a good picture, but the flyback transformer is going out. The flyback is available from AliExpress for $45. Was wondering if someone local may be willing to repair it for a custom mini MAME cabinet, Megatouch, or something. Kind of hate to throw it out since I already replaced the vertical IC (only cost me $5) and I cleaned it up.

DSC_3490 (resized).JPGDSC_3490 (resized).JPGDSC_3491 (resized).JPGDSC_3491 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#5942 7 months ago

I have a wide-body glass available that I do not need. It is brand new and yours for the taking (i.e. FREE). I will happily package it and leave it out by the garage if you just want to swing by. Of course, the trip needs to be worth it.

PM me if you want it and when you want to drop by. It is in Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
$ 29.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/119?hl=scottholdren and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.