tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 119.
#5801 7 years ago

Bump for the launch party this weekend. Spread the word! Bring a friend!

#5802 7 years ago

I asked about the Hobbit today and it still looks like it will ship late next week so sorry I couldn't get it there in time for the GB Launch party. It would have been cool to have them both available.

#5803 7 years ago

Congrats to Jason Wilson for winning the tournament. I bombed out early and left, but I assume others there made sure he left the glass on. Results submitted to IFPA.

#5804 7 years ago

Glanced at my IFPA ranking and noticed that I placed 3rd in the Ghostbusters Launch party and received .04 points. This is inaccurate. I actually placed 4th due to disqualifying myself by plunging out of turn. Joe Farnsworth placed 3rd and near as I can figure, got cheated out of .04 points. That could really boost his IFPA ranking Aaron! What are you doing?!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the release. Always a good time playing with other pinheads.

#5805 7 years ago

My sincerest apologies. The new WPPR rules really make our tournaments worthless (points-wise). I register them because a surprising number of new people come to our events from finding them on the IFPA calendar. Plus, you get that sweet trophy.

#5806 7 years ago

We were able to get ours up to 11.02 points for this last launch party. Of course, the tourney lasted 7-8 hours to get that value.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=13615#

#5807 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We were able to get ours up to 11.02 points for this last launch party. Of course, the tourney lasted 7-8 hours to get that value.
http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=13615#

Strangely enough I was reading over the setup of your tourney on the bash to see how you got it that high. We're just not getting enough people to show up to have that kind of format. Watched a little of the live stream though. Looks like a fun event. I hope to make it down to another one down there sometime.

#5808 7 years ago

Yeah, it was an anxious couple hours as people showed up to register. I kept thinking "If we can just get to 32 players...". And it took a long while to get to that 32 mark. Then 35, then 37, then someone wanted to be added in a couple hours into qualifying and we said, sure! 38 was the most we've ever had for a launch party. I think some of that had to do with Ghost Busters, and a lot of that was having it on a Saturday with great weather.

#5809 7 years ago

Wanted to extend an invite to a gathering we're having this coming Thursday: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/raven-pinball-invitational-i-tickets-24668133050

We've mostly been targeting new players with this to try and help get more people interested and grow the game a bit, so its going to be pretty casual. Lots of instructions on what to shoot for and "don't flip both flippers" I imagine, but it should be a good time

We might do a split flipper tournament or something for fun later in the evening, but we'll see how it goes. Collection is 10+ games, mostly 80s and 90s titles.

#5810 7 years ago

Just an update on the upcoming barcade on the square in Murfreesboro. Here's their setup as of yesterday. They said they're about 2-3 weeks from opening. Looks like they'll have food as well. Games were lit up last night and it looks like there's about 40-50 machines in there. All vids at this point, mostly classics. I've heard they'll have pinball as well.

20160507_135259_(resized).jpg20160507_135259_(resized).jpg

#5811 7 years ago

There are two opening up there.....one will have 75+ machines as well....more arcades for everyone!

#5812 7 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Not a single pin on location in Clarksville that I know of. On the other hand, the Blackhorse is pretty awesome. Next time you decide to head there think about saving some time to play my little collection.
Bobby

The only I ever found when I lived there was a POTC at Chuck E Cheese on Wilma Rudolph (this was probably a good two years ago now). Not sure if it's still there, but I used to go there just to play it all the time.

1 week later
#5813 7 years ago

Hobbit now resides at Game Galaxy Antioch for a $1.00 a play. Check it out if you've never played it.

#5814 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Hobbit now resides at Game Galaxy Antioch for a $1.00 a play. Check it out if you've never played it.

We took out the post and tried to make it harder, but it might just be an easier pin for many....it's much better than I thought it would be but that screen is so distracting.

#5815 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

We took out the post and tried to make it harder, but it might just be an easier pin for many....it's much better than I thought it would be but that screen is so distracting.

The thing is beautiful and they have really started to dive into what they can do with the LCD screens. Smaug on screen during locking the balls and multiball looks amazing.

If you're like me though and you always got annoyed when trolls would start during MM cause they were blocking your shots then this one is really gonna get to you...

#5816 7 years ago

I never had a problem with the trolls in that game, I think that was the point of it, to "bother" with shots. Ghostbusters obviously does that as well...Hobbit seems a bit more tasteful with it....but the game is just way too easy for shots in general.

My number one "hate" in a pinball is lack of ramps and super tiny playfields where everything needs to be done (Wizard of Oz, Family Guy, Wrestlemania)

#5817 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I never had a problem with the trolls in that game, I think that was the point of it, to "bother" with shots. Ghostbusters obviously does that as well...Hobbit seems a bit more tasteful with it....but the game is just way too easy for shots in general.

My number one "hate" in a pinball is lack of ramps and super tiny playfields where everything needs to be done (Wizard of Oz, Family Guy, Wrestlemania)

Eh I hate it when something obstructs a shot. IE trolls, Scoleri Brothers, or Mick Jagger. I get that's why it's there it just hits a nerve with me. You're right though on the Hobbit. It is easy to keep the ball in play. I have lost a number of balls though with the ball popping off the ramp rails and into the outlanes.

#5818 7 years ago

I tried to make it difficult but I guess for $1 this will make it worth it for people to play.

#5819 7 years ago

Fan Fest in downtown franklin across from mellow mushroom has a Walking Dead on free play and also a virtual pin. Fans of the Walking Dead show should check it out

#5820 7 years ago

Have to put a GC on that bad boy. Just up the street.

#5821 7 years ago

Someone please take down my GC on the Walking Dead at Fan Fest in Franklin. I need something bigger than G S.

#5822 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Someone please take down my GC on the Walking Dead at Fan Fest in Franklin. I need something bigger than G S

Nice Avatar pic btw.

Hope to see several of you in Atlanta this weekend for Southern Fried. Come find me and we will play some dollar games.

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Come find me and we will play some dollar games.

Done. If you want to find me I'll be in the hotel bar drinking courtesy of Will.

#5824 7 years ago

I will be following the Nashville boys online in Atlanta.

Good luck all!!

Word.

#5825 7 years ago

Just saw this in the loading dock

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5826 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Just saw this in the loading dock

Sweet! Now hurry and bring me my premium.

#5827 7 years ago

woody76: Hey I sent you a PM 9 days ago about plating costs but have not heard back anything yet about some games in my garage...

#5828 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

woody76: Hey I sent you a PM 9 days ago about plating costs but have not heard back anything yet about some games in my garage...

Hey Jason, sorry man. Try to use [email protected]

It has been crazy trying to manage that and pinside messages.

#5829 7 years ago

A great time at Southern Fried Expo. As always, a can't miss show.

As for the pinball tournament... Jason, if you want to burn your Whirlwind I'll bring the gas and matches.

#5830 7 years ago

Southern Fried Expo was a blast. It remains one of the better shows in the region. Played a GhostBusters LE and some Rob Zombie. Tournament went well. I traveled to Atlanta to try my hand at playing some different players in a tournament format and ended up in the B finals with Aaron Williams anyway so I'd say we represented Nashville rather well. Luckily I was a higher seed than Aaron so every time he came over to ask me if we could play Tommy, I stuck him on Whirlwind which I think we can all agree is a far better game B final results for Atlanta David Taylor a great player from the Birmingham Al area took 1st. Aaron I whine and moan all the time cause I can't play Tommy Williams came in 2nd and I placed 3rd. Curtis next time I see you I have a translite for you.

#5831 7 years ago

Congrats to you both! I like my Whirlwind though. Now if you want me to burn Bugs Bunny or Gold Wings, I can arrange something.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Southern Fried Expo was a blast. It remains one of the better shows in the region. Played a GhostBusters LE and some Rob Zombie. Tournament went well. I traveled to Atlanta to try my hand at playing some different players in a tournament format and ended up in the B finals with Aaron Williams anyway so I'd say we represented Nashville rather well. Luckily I was a higher seed than Aaron so every time he came over to ask me if we could play Tommy, I stuck him on Whirlwind which I think we can all agree is a far better game B final results for Atlanta David Taylor a great player from the Birmingham Al area took 1st. Aaron I whine and moan all the time cause I can't play Tommy Williams came in 2nd and I placed 3rd. Curtis next time I see you I have a translite for you.

Congrats to both!

Not an easy task to make the finals.

The translite makes me randy baby Yeah!

#5833 7 years ago

Game Galaxy is looking for someone that can shop pins, clean, replace bulbs, replace connectors, diagnose and repair things like solenoids, switches, put in LEDS, switch matrix issues, etc on our pinballs at Game Galaxy. We have a bunch of pinballs that need a little bit of TLC and some have switches stuck on, lamp matrixes out, etc. This is a bit long overdue. All of these machines are located at Game Galaxy in Antioch. I need someone with experience who is able to do these things and will pay accordingly. If I need to order parts or purchase tools that can be arranged. Message us if interested.

#5834 7 years ago

Fathom now has all the lights working and all the switches working and the multiball all works.

Finally.

1 week later
#5835 7 years ago

Middle Tennessee Selfie Tournament

Yeah we are going to try and do one of these.

I'm trying to get the monthly tournaments going again and I know one of the biggest issues was finding a way to get everyone together at one time. A solution to this problem is running a selfie tournament. If you're unfamiliar with what a selfie tournament is then I'll try to elaborate here. Basically for the entire month of July you are trying to qualify to get into the finals. If you go to https://matchplay.events/
then click on the I'm playing in a tournament button and then search for Middle Tennessee Selfie League, you will be able to view the tournament, the current players, and the current standings on all the games. The 5 games in the tournament are as follows:

1. Banzai Run
2. Fathom
3. Walking Dead
4. Game of Thrones
5. Star Trek

All these games are located at Game Galaxy in Antioch and where the tournament will be held. We will cycle locations from month to month but the 1st one is here. So any time you have in the month of July, roll into Game Galaxy and play one of these 5 games, take a picture of your end score(hence the name selfie), and email it to myself at [email protected]. I will record the score on the website and you will be able to view where you stand on each individual game vs everyone else. Top score on a game gets 100 points, second gets 90, third gets 85 etc...

The advantage to doing it this way is you can go to Game Galaxy and attempt to qualify anytime you want. You can try an unlimited number of times and play as many extra balls as you want.

At the end of the month the top 3, or top 4 if we get enough players, will go to the finals where we will play 4 of the 5 games. The finals will be done in person so I'll contact the top players personally and will work out a time for everyone to meet.

To make it interesting we will do a $5 buy in to post scores so at the door to Game Galaxy leave them $5 for the tournament and we will split 100% of the buy-ins on the finals. Just so we are clear you will only pay a max of 5$ to enter the tournament and post scores as many times as you want in the month of July.

If you are interested in participating or you have questions pm me or email me at [email protected]

#5836 7 years ago

Thanks for pickup up the torch Will.

One clarification that I've seen other leagues do. When you take a picture of your score, it's a selfie - put your own face in it. Up to Will if he wants to make that a rule or not.

Looking forward to this! Date of end qualifying or finals yet?

#5837 7 years ago

Give you the whole month of July to qualify and we will do the finals early August. If this works out we can start registering them with the IFPA and start getting points off of them. On submitting pictures if you go to https://matchplay.events, once you are added as a player, you will be able to pick one of the arenas(games but the app calls them arenas) and submit a score there. The app should prompt you to take a picture(please do and include your face in the photo so I know who you are) then you can input your score.

All scores must be approved by me so once you take a photo and submit your score. If everything looks good, I will approve your score and it will be counted.

I've also set up the tournament where you can add yourself via the website so simply search for Middle Tennessee Selfie and you should find it. Sign up for an account(use the same email address as you have with ifpa to get your ifpa points) and you are ready to start!

1 week later
#5838 7 years ago

Matchplay software works very well. Put some scores up for the selfie tournament. Stop into Game Galaxy in Antioch and try to beat them! Again the games are Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Banzai Run, and Fathom.

#5839 7 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Matchplay software works very well. Put some scores up for the selfie tournament. Stop into Game Galaxy in Antioch and try to beat them! Again the games are Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Banzai Run, and Fathom.

I'm headed up this weekend to take first place.

3 weeks later
#5840 7 years ago

Nearing completion of IJ restore. Does anybody have a new wide body glass they would let me buy?
Bob
Clarksville

#5841 7 years ago

Just back from my first Pinburgh. I'm sure you guys know all about it and the hype is true. I can't recommend it highly enough. Even if you're not into competitive play the number of games available to play is ridiculous. Got to play a few games with some of the top players in the world and the level those guys play at is something else. I'm not sure if it's humbling or depressing; probably both.

A great time and you should all go.

#5842 7 years ago

I have a couple of games up for sale if anyone local is looking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-kiss-le-and-got-le

#5843 7 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Just back from my first Pinburgh. I'm sure you guys know all about it and the hype is true. I can't recommend it highly enough. Even if you're not into competitive play the number of games available to play is ridiculous. Got to play a few games with some of the top players in the world and the level those guys play at is something else. I'm not sure if it's humbling or depressing; probably both.
A great time and you should all go.

I can second this! The venue and hotel is very nice. All the games play nice and smooth. It was so sweet to get to play literally every game known to man almost and they all play perfect. I will for sure go back in the future and probably take the kids. There was a ton of stuff for the kidos.

#5844 7 years ago

I have a Flash Gordon cabinet for sale if anyone can use it. The head is rough, but the body is solid. Can be picked up in Nashville.

4 weeks later
#5845 7 years ago

I'll be heading up to Nashville in about a week. Anyone have anything to sell that's not already listed? I'm interested in anything from a system 11 up to an acdc LE. Thanks.

#5846 7 years ago

Game Galaxy in now open in Smyrna. Work in progress on a lot of the pins since they are weird and old, more to come. Highlighted newer stuff for now:

Wrestlemania
Ripley's Believe it or Not
Austin Powers
The Flintstones
Black Rose

#5847 7 years ago

Made it to GG Smyrna this weekend. The new space is really cool - tons more room. Lots of cool 80's pins you don't see often either.

I've mentioned it in other places, but we're having a casual tournament on Saturday, September 17th at 6:00pm at the new location. $5, knockout format. Just a good way to get together and check out the new place. More details at www.midtnpinball.com. See you there!

1 week later
#5848 7 years ago

Just bumping for a reminder of the tournament this weekend, Saturday at 6 at the new Smyrna Game Galaxy. Hope to see you there.

#5849 7 years ago

Anybody have two known working 7 Segment Alpha Numeric Display's like would be in Player 1 and 2 in Pinbot. Other games would work as I just need the glass and could remove the glass from another games display board and install in mine. Let me know. I thought I had found a pair, but I don't think its going to pan out.

Looks like this
http://www.pinballpcb.com/images/Displays/WilliamsAlphaNumericOld.jpg

#5850 7 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Anybody have two known working 7 Segment Alpha Numeric Display's like would be in Player 1 and 2 in Pinbot. Other games would work as I just need the glass and could remove the glass from another games display board and install in mine. Let me know. I thought I had found a pair, but I don't think its going to pan out.
Looks like this
http://www.pinballpcb.com/images/Displays/WilliamsAlphaNumericOld.jpg

Matt,

I might have some soon. I'm working on a Top Dawg Shuffle Alley. I'm waiting on the board to come back so my displays work but I'm considering changing them out to PinScore displays. I'll let you know once I get it working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 9.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.