tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 119.
#5651 8 years ago

Yeah you'd be pretty safe there. Though it might get crowded in the front row. You're probably not going to find anyone not competing willing to run it so I don't care to volunteer to help as long as I have no advantage. Let me know the scoring system you want to use.

So I understand the finals is one game on the mystery machine correct?

What's your take on playing extra balls? Do we play one or all of them or none of them? Typically we will play 1 and then drain the rest.

#5652 8 years ago

We have also turned off multiple extra balls in the service adjustments.

#5653 8 years ago

No extra balls allowed period at this tournament. Drain them if they show up.

Format will be the same one you guys use for points.

Finals is ONE game on the mystery machine. ONE game four players sudden death winner gets the pinball machine (not the one in the finals)

#5654 8 years ago

Who's in charge at Game Galaxy off of Hickory? Love that place! I have been there twice while traveling for work. Great selection of pins and all the top arcades.

#5655 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

No extra balls allowed period at this tournament. Drain them if they show up.

Format will be the same one you guys use for points.

Finals is ONE game on the mystery machine. ONE game four players sudden death winner gets the pinball machine (not the one in the finals)

Will do.

#5656 8 years ago

And to clarify, no one knows the finals title. No one that works at the arcade, absolutely no one. I am not letting this one slip out. It will be revealed WHILE I am at the auction AFTER the final 4 are set.

#5657 8 years ago

Just to cover all bases, you may want to also select an alternative mystery game as well just in case something goes wrong with mystery game number 1. Also don't forget everyone about upcoming November tournament on the 14th.

#5658 8 years ago

It's official. The tournament is now on the IFPA calendar. Most everything has been covered here, but full details available at http://www.midtnpinball.com.

And don't forget about the regular tournament next Saturday - November 14th. Let's do something different (unless anyone cares). Let's pick games out of a hat.

#5659 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Just to cover all bases, you may want to also select an alternative mystery game as well just in case something goes wrong with mystery game number 1. Also don't forget everyone about upcoming November tournament on the 14th.

Well you guys can tell me if mystery #1 is busted. Then I will let someone know about mystery #2.

That day is going to sneak up quick.

#5660 8 years ago

Tommy and Austin Powers have been sold. Good riddance Austin Powers!

#5661 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Let's pick games out of a hat.

I like it!

#5662 8 years ago

I installed 1.15 on Game of Thrones just now at the arcade.

#5663 8 years ago

Just a reminder - tournament tomorrow at 2pm. Games picked randomly right before the start. Sure to be good times.

#5664 8 years ago

Flintstones is working again. Flipper on Lights, Camera, Action! also fixed. Glasses on ALL the games cleaned. Tron now has the cliffy reinstalled. Game of Thrones 1.15 is in. Black Belt is on the floor. Etc.

#5665 8 years ago

Not much of a turnout for the tournament this weekend. Had to cancel it. Next one with a prize of a pinball machine is on December 12th.

If there's anything that you think would make the events more fun or encourage a bigger turnout I'd love to hear it.

2 weeks later
#5666 8 years ago

Just a reminder that the next Tournament is coming up December 12th and it's for a pinball machine! If that doesn't get you excited then I don't know what will! Tournament will start at 2:00 PM and consist of 3 games. Iron Man, Kiss, and Game of Thrones with Star Trek as an alternate. Top 4 will play a one game final on a mystery game to be named by Jason himself the day of the tournament. I hope to see everyone out there.

#5667 8 years ago

Just a heads up, I don't have anyone to run the tournament for this Saturday Dec 12 as of yet. If I do not find someone to do this I will have to cancel the tournament. If you are interested in running it, let me know ASAP.

#5668 8 years ago

Also Game of Thrones is now running 1.17.

#5669 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Just a heads up, I don't have anyone to run the tournament for this Saturday Dec 12 as of yet. If I do not find someone to do this I will have to cancel the tournament. If you are interested in running it, let me know ASAP.

I believe I am the backup if Will cannot make it.

#5670 8 years ago

So Will confirmed he can run this?

#5671 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

So Will confirmed he can run this?

I believe he said that initially. He contacted me this week just to make sure I could back up if needed.

#5672 8 years ago

Ok I will be under the impression he is doing that. BEatemUp just needs the fees at once ($20 entry and $10 cover) marked down as one big lot for everyone. Cover is lifted for Will if he is running it.

#5673 8 years ago

My life is in crazy mode right now so I may be there or I may not be. I'm sorry. I'm not really going to know until 1 or 2 days before. I've got Aaron as a backup though so things will go forward. Spread the word out. I'm texting my phone contact list so everyone not on here knows.

#5674 8 years ago

Williams I obliterated your billion+ high score on Baywatch. Don't worry, I just installed NVRAM.

#5675 8 years ago

Well hopefully someone runs it. If there are less than 5 it's going to be canceled/postponed. BEatemup will be aware of that. If anyone comes in for the tournament and it is canceled you will be refunded in full and still get to play for free. 5 PAID people = $30 each, $20 cover, $10 for the game.

#5676 8 years ago

Anyone in or near Nashville re-decal cabinets?

#5677 8 years ago

I'll be at the tournament and running it. I need some fun in my life right now. My slacker butt has not made flyers for it though so hopefully Jason has been spreading the word. If less than 5 we can play some dollar games or something. Does Game of Thrones still randomly reset?

#5678 8 years ago

Lionman is ready to return!

IMG_20151209_202556453.jpgIMG_20151209_202556453.jpg

#5679 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Lionman is ready to return!

IMG_20151209_202556453.jpg

You know I forgot you had this. Seriously. Lol "First world problems."

#5680 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

I'll be at the tournament and running it. I need some fun in my life right now. My slacker butt has not made flyers for it though so hopefully Jason has been spreading the word. If less than 5 we can play some dollar games or something. Does Game of Thrones still randomly reset?

No resetting on Game of Thrones. It is the correct updated version now. Reset was due to faulty software. Game has a new PCB as well.

#5681 8 years ago

I'm not gonna make it up this month guys, good luck to everybody and I hope y'all have a good turnout. SOF is looking good Erik, looking forward to get a game on it next time I make it up. Thanks to Jason and all the tourney crew for keeping the competitions going.

#5682 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

If less than 5 we can play some dollar games or something.

That's what Curtis and I did last time. He walked out of there with so many dollar bills it looked like he was working at the club.

See you guys there.

#5683 8 years ago

My apologies guys, the family and I officially moved back to TN a few months ago, but in all honesty we're just now actually feeling settled in. Being an adult keeps ya pretty busy sometimes, from what I'm finding these days, especially with a new job.

Anyway. Hopefully tonight's tournament went well. Any word on one for January? I'm more than glad to have a hand in helping make these tournaments more (what's a good word here...) accessible? I have a pretty extensive background in quite literally every aspect of design and marketing - so I'd be more than glad to do any flyers/website/social media stuff if needed. Just let me know!

#5684 8 years ago

It was canceled today because of lack of interest (not enough entrants).

Not sure what is happening with a January tournament, though.

Goal is to get Vector in there by then but there's a lot on my plate at the moment so it may take a backseat.

#5685 8 years ago

Unfortunately we've had to cancel our last two tournaments due to no one showing up. Will and I discussed this a little bit yesterday and due to lack of participation and a general hectic-ness in life lately we're going to put the league on a temporary hiatus.

Of course, if anyone wants to pick up the ball I'd be glad to post notifications to the midtnpinball.com web site. On a side note, IFPA participation is a strange thing. Our events are almost worth no points and very few of us are into their ranking. However, when we've had new people (especially out of towners) show up they almost always say the IFPA event calendar is how they found out about the tournament. If anyone wants to keep running events I'd encourage registering them with the IFPA.

I think this is a good opportunity to ask everyone why people don't come out on a regular basis. It's fine to be brutally honest here. Is it the schedule? League format (too structured/not structured enough)? Lack of interest? We can take it in any direction if we wish to continue.

I would like to say how much I've enjoyed the league over the past two years. It been great meeting all of you that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I'm sure in the meantime we could organize a get together or two for some $1 games. If you're interested, drop me a message and I'll keep your email around. And of course I'll still be up at GG on the weekends.

I do hope there's enough interest to resume the league at some point, and I'd be glad to do so. I'd guess April-ish on my side.

#5686 8 years ago

im all about the tournaments! there just happened to be a auction the past few times the tournament was scheduled so thats why i wasnt there.

#5687 8 years ago

I don't participate much because I am just not out that way a whole lot. When I am out of town playing pinball I am either at Antioch, Rivergate, or Murfreesboro. If I plan on being there and there is a tournament set up and I like the lineup, I will always participate. It's a great way to meet new folks and enjoy some casual competition.

#5688 8 years ago

It just blows my mind that in a place as big as Nashville with a place like Game Galaxy we have trouble getting people to come out. We really have a great group of people and I know its gotta be frustrating for the guys that put in time and effort and then only 2 or 3 people show up.

For myself personally I haven't been able to make the last few tournaments because work has been crazy (if anyone knows an electrical engineer or programmer looking for a job forward me their resume)

#5689 8 years ago

My wife has to work most weekends so I'm usually on kid duty otherwise I'd participate in more

#5690 8 years ago

I think the problem is most people probably would rather have the league on weeknights. Our fight nights have been on a Tuesday until 10pm with stellar results. I propose we do the same thing for the league/tournaments. We could just have a weekly league on a Tuesday evening and the end of the month winner gets cash, etc.

Most of the players are over the age of 35. Brandon and Zach are the only ones I know that are 26. We need more new blood for sure.

Saturdays are very tough for everyone but I think a weeknight may work out much better.

#5691 8 years ago

I know one of my usual thoughts is, "Ehh, I'm too busy, I can always just go next month" - when it comes to tournaments. Maybe the fact that there is one every month is a bad thing.

I agree with Jason to a certain degree. I was going to say we could do something more along the lines of a monthly meet-up for the league (could still be tournament format, just even more low-key and less expensive), and then just have a full-fledged tournament bi-monthly. Maybe for the meet-ups, we could do one on a weekday at the beginning of the month, then one on a weekend in the middle.

And if we made it a bit more "exclusive" by having tournaments bi-monthly, maybe more of those out-of-towners would come by as well. And then if the weekly/monthly/whatever meetup/tourney was a bit cheaper, maybe some of the regular arcade kids, and college aged kids would be able to dip their feet in a little easier? The tournaments we've had are already totally fair price-wise and everything, but trust me, college aged kids just don't have the money (even though they're the perfect market to go after for bringing in new faces).

#5692 8 years ago

I'd be new to the tourneys and could prob participate on a Tuesday night if I had enough notice.

#5693 8 years ago

I would be game for Tuesday nights. Weekends just seem to be to busy with family.

#5694 8 years ago

Speaking on behalf of a pinhead with a 4 year old it gets tricky when you try to do weeknights as you have to find a good babysitter and they are rare. I'm willing to give anything a try though.

Another idea that was proposed by Aaron that I thought was interesting is have a month long tournament. So we name the 4 games and when you can get to Game Galaxy you play the games and send a photo of your score to either myself or Aaron and we do something like that. This solves the issue of people's schedules as you play when you can. Of course you'd be on the honor system with this method but I trust you guys.

#5695 8 years ago

I am willing to help with the league if needed just let me know. I have only missed one since 2013 and really enjoy the competition.

#5696 8 years ago

Game galaxy twd mia. Went to rivergate saturday to play it and they said it was in antioch. Went to antioch today and they said it was in rivergate. Lol. Was wanting to play some to make sure I want to purchase on next run in January.

#5697 8 years ago

Walking Dead is in the Huntsville location. If anyone wants it back something "new" has to go back to Huntsville.

Any votes?

#5698 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Walking Dead is in the Huntsville location. If anyone wants it back something "new" has to go back to Huntsville.
Any votes?

I'll play.

Monopoly?
Ironman?
Metallica or AC-DC if you must.

I enjoy being the curator!

#5699 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Game galaxy twd mia. Went to rivergate saturday to play it and they said it was in antioch. Went to antioch today and they said it was in rivergate. Lol. Was wanting to play some to make sure I want to purchase on next run in January.

Flashback in Murfreesboro has one.

#5700 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I'll play.
Monopoly?
Ironman?
Metallica or AC-DC if you must.
I enjoy being the curator!

I can handle Monopoly being over there but we've had problems with games in Huntsville in the past.....meaning repair issues. Metallica seems "least" popular in Antioch....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.