tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 119.
#5551 8 years ago

Yes! I've always wanted to play that one.

#5552 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Special thanks to everyone who made it out to the tournament. We had a really good turn out and as always it was a lot of fun.Aaron will post the results on the website so everyone can see how they did. David Daluga from Milwaukee took 1st, I came in 2nd, and Richard Rickman from Memphis came in 3rd.
Next Tournament is September the 5th and since we had all DMD games for this tournament I'm looking to do some older games for this next one. Think Cyclone or Firepower etc. I'll compose a list to vote on soon but if there's something playing well at the arcade you'd like to see, don't hesitate to throw out a game for consideration.

Many thanks and congrats to all who participated in the tourney. Great time as always!

#5553 8 years ago

waiting on the new code from shuman for LAH, but i got it all setup to play today.

DSC_0123.jpgDSC_0123.jpg

#5554 8 years ago

hey guys, i just launched an app called pinscores that im hoping will put an emphasis on location pinball. its a score tracking app that lets you use foursquare data to log the locations you're playing at along with the game and score you put up. a proof picture is optional theres also a social element so you can see where your friends have been playing and the scores they're putting up as well. its all pretty early in development, but its out now for android and ios and the basics are in place.

im thinking it could eventually help run some tournaments and be a self curating map of where pins are around town along with current lineups. feedback/suggestions are always welcome. my name is sethington on it if you want to add me as a friend and see the miserable scores im putting up around town

thanks!

#5555 8 years ago

Very cool - I'll try to make use of it this weekend. I like the proof picture function, maybe that will keep Jason from taking off the glass when setting those high scores!

#5556 8 years ago

Finally updated the league web site with results/news/etc. Check it out if you're inclined. www.midtnpinball.com.

Next tournaments are September 5th and October 3rd.

#5557 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Very cool - I'll try to make use of it this weekend. I like the proof picture function, maybe that will keep Jason from taking off the glass when setting those high scores!

It's a good thing I have many many many witnesses when I set these scores usually.

I don't have the high score on Kiss at Flashback anymore. And I doubt any of us will be able to get it, sheesh.

#5558 8 years ago

Hey guys

Next Tournament will be September the 5th at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. We will be going old school with this one so we will have a few more alternates with this one. Pick 4 from the following titles. All games are 3 ball unless noted.

Haunted House
Sea Witch(5 balls)
Black Knight 2000
Lights Camera Action
Defender
Firepower(5 balls)
Elecktra
Rocky
Banzai Run
Amazing Spiderman(5 balls)
Class of 1812(5 balls)
Cyclone

Voting ends a week before tournament so August 29th. Good luck and Happy voting.

#5559 8 years ago

I hope to be there, but even so.

Banzai Run
Lights Camera Action
Black Knight 2000
Amazing Spiderman (the strategy on this is to Shatz all day, good luck!)

#5560 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Hey guys
Next Tournament will be September the 5th at 2:00 pm at Game Galaxy Antioch. We will be going old school with this one so we will have a few more alternates with this one. Pick 4 from the following titles. All games are 3 ball unless noted.
Haunted House
Sea Witch(5 balls)
Black Knight 2000
Lights Camera Action
Defender
Firepower(5 balls)
Elecktra
Rocky
Banzai Run
Amazing spiderman(5 balls)
Class of 1812(5 balls)
Cyclone
Voting ends a week before tournament so August 29th. Good luck and Happy voting.

I'd leave out Sea Witch seeing as how it still has flipper issues. You may want to reconsider Cyclone too. The Ferris Wheel is hit or miss.

Sometimes it works fine, then there are times when the ball gets stuck.

#5561 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

waiting on the new code from shuman for LAH, but i got it all setup to play today.

DSC_0123.jpg

I know you picked up the new code this past weekend. How is it playing so far? The original code seemed kinda boring.

#5562 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

An impressive feat as the GC on that one is over 800 million. That's your game.
Stopped by yesterday to make sure games were running smooth for the tournament and put the GC on No Fear 2.7 billion with no buy in.

That 800 Million was me. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn off the high score reset after X-amount of games. So, unfortunately, until I get my laptop fixed (which has the pic of my score), it's a thing of the past.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Getaway hands out extra balls like candy. I think I had 4 or 5 extra balls in reserve when I got that score.

#5563 8 years ago

Mike, your score is still there. I changed the high score off thing. That only erases 1-4, not Grand Champion. Your Grand Champion score just dropped to #1 and I am current Grand Champion at 900 million.

Will, sorry I had to rush out of Flashback so quick. On my day off I have an employee that just messed up a lot of stuff for us. Enjoying pinball on my day off and concentrating? Never in the cards.

#5564 8 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I'd leave out Sea Witch seeing as how it still has flipper issues. You may want to reconsider Cyclone too. The Ferris Wheel is hit or miss.
Sometimes it works fine, then there are times when the ball gets stuck.

Seawitch plays fine to me.

#5565 8 years ago

I should be at the Sept. tournament.

My vote:
Amazing Spider-Man
Class of 1812
Cyclone
Haunted House

#5566 8 years ago

Austin Powers is now on the floor in Antioch.

#5567 8 years ago

My Escape from the Lost World project is done. Dang, uncapped Comet LEDs in the GI really sets the whole thing off! It turned out great with just typical wear in expected areas. If you ever run into a crappy paint job on metal, wipe it down with Goof Off. That stuff works wonders and revealed the original hammered bronze finish on the golden bridge. You know where it's going to end up by now so I'll give this thread a bump when it's on the floor.

Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#5568 8 years ago

After:

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#5569 8 years ago

Just a reminder voting ends Saturday for the Game Lineup for the tournament on September 5th.

#5570 8 years ago

Also from a competition side if you have no idea about a game at all and need a quick reference guide on what to do for points there is a site now pintips.net that has a ton of games that link to strategies to get a high score.

#5571 8 years ago

Gentlemen your lineup for the tournament

Amazing Spiderman(5 ball)
Banzai Run
Class of 1812(5 ball)
Black Knight 2000

Alternates
Cyclone
Lights Camera Action
Haunted House

1 week later
#5572 8 years ago

I'm familiarizing myself with Who Dunnit and put up a decent score as well as roof champ yesterday at Rivergate!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I also saw your "advertisement" DreamTR. Did the mall just let you use that space? Williams I thought you bought that Alien Syndrome a while back?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#5573 8 years ago

Yes, the mall said I can use the space as long as possible.

I had another Alien Syndrome, williams did not purchase the previous one I sold, however.

#5574 8 years ago

I thought it was a rare game, but maybe not. I know nothing about arcade stuff TBH.

#5575 8 years ago

It is kind of rare with the topper. Rarity is all relative with arcade. I would say it's a solid 6 out of 10 on the rarity scale.

#5576 8 years ago

Gentlemen

Next tourny is October 3rd 2PM at Antioch. The following are the list of games to vote on. Cast your votes. Top 4 get in with 1 alternate. Voting stops September 26th.

Twilight Zone (no powerball)
Austin Powers(no laser gun firing)
Red and Teds Road Show
Taxi
Mousin Around
Johnny Mnemonic
Indy 500
Firepower (5 ball game)
Elektra
Rocky

#5577 8 years ago

I won't be able to make this one, so can I vote for Austin Powers four times?

How did the last one turn out?

#5578 8 years ago

Twilight Zone
Road Show
Taxi
Indy 500

#5579 8 years ago

I need to vote Austin Powers to the needs to be sold pile.

#5580 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5581 8 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition is now on the floor in Antioch.

#5582 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I need to vote Austin Powers to the needs to be sold pile.

The callouts alone give this one a bonus I think. I liked these movies. If you do want to sell it though Curtis is looking for one.

Last tournament results

I came in first
Cher Farnsworth took second
Joe Farnsworth took third
Curtis Baker took fourth

Anyone can vote even if they can't make it but you can't vote for the same game 4 times.

#5583 8 years ago

Also I'm adding Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition to the list to vote on because Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition is an amazing game.

Twilight Zone (no powerball)
Austin Powers(no laser gun firing)
Red and Teds Road Show
Taxi
Mousin Around
Johnny Mnemonic
Indy 500
Firepower (5 ball game)
Elektra
Rocky
Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition

#5584 8 years ago

Oh, well in that case...

Eight Ball Deluxe
Twilight Zone
Road Show
Indy 500

#5585 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

The callouts alone give this one a bonus I think. I liked these movies. If you do want to sell it though Curtis is looking for one.
Last tournament results
I came in first
Cher Farnsworth took second
Joe Farnsworth took third
Curtis Baker took fourth
Anyone can vote even if they can't make it but you can't vote for the same game 4 times.

I don't think he has room. It's here but he hasn't shown interest in it otherwise.

I LOVE the movies. I think they are great. I think the game is just as bad if not worse than Simpsons Pinball Party.

#5586 8 years ago

Some minor updates:

Batman Dark Knight (moved from Antioch Game Galaxy) and a really nice Congo are now in Rivergate Mall Game Galaxy.

Tommy has been pulled temporarily (down again)

#5587 8 years ago

I saw via Facebook that Transformers has been moved to Rivergate.

I'd like to think I'm somewhat responsible for this!

#5588 8 years ago

Escape from the Lost World is on the floor at Holiday Wash in Lebanon. Come and play this rare pin!

#5589 8 years ago

I love Transformers. The only reason it was moved is because we are running out of room for other pins coming in. We have a Batman Data East coming in, and nowhere to put it, and that was the reason Dark Knight was moved. Rivergate actually has a pretty good lineup now...

Caveman and Teed Off both replaced....

Highlighted by:
Congo
No Good Gofers
Guns N Roses
Pirates of the Caribbean
Batman Dark Knight
Transformers
Whodunit?

next on the chopping block is Austin Powers but I am sure we will put one of the older games in storage for a bit before we do that.

#5590 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I saw via Facebook that Transformers has been moved to Rivergate.

I'd like to think I'm somewhat responsible for this!

Man's gotta make room for the new WWE Wrestlemania pin right?

#5591 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I love Transformers. The only reason it was moved is because we are running out of room for other pins coming in.

I could live the rest of my life without hearing that Transformers music, on an endless loop, ever again.

#5592 8 years ago

Just a reminder

Next tournament is October 3rd 2:00. Voting on the games ends on September 26th. Hope to see everyone there!

#5593 8 years ago

Count me out on Austin Powers I just picked one up in NC that looks brand new!

#5594 8 years ago

Austin Powers price drop to $1200.

#5595 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I knock the game but that is an amazing price.

#5596 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

GLWS! I just wanted a game in great shape and we can both agree the game you own is average at best. No hard feelings hey pal.

#5597 8 years ago

I am not really selling it for $1200 lol. I would have had 50 PMs this morning if that was the case.

#5598 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am not really selling it for $1200 lol. I would have had 50 PMs this morning if that was the case.

Of course I knew this but wanted to play along anyway.

#5599 8 years ago

Is Game Galaxy holding a Game of Thrones launch party? Let me know if so and there's anything I can do to help.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-launch-party-ifpa-looking-for-volunteers

#5600 8 years ago

Aaron I will not make the Atlanta tourney on the 26th either. The Pilgrimage music festival is happing in Franklin this weekend. If any of y'all are going let me know its a mile from my house where there may be before the show cocktails... Willie Nelson baby!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.