tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 119.
#5451 8 years ago

anyone had a playfield clearcoated locally that you could recommend?

#5452 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

nope, but i plan on trying that on a scrap playfield when i get my shit together lol

#5453 8 years ago

I had a couple of great games on Frankenstein yesterday.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#5454 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think Jim Everet does it and he is located in Mount Juliet.

#5455 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I had a couple of great games on Frankenstein yesterday.

I've never seen great games and Frankenstein in the same sentence. Great scores though.

#5456 8 years ago

I had a Frankenstein once. I couldn't be happier to rid myself of that game.

#5457 8 years ago

Where to play in Nashville? There for work this week

#5458 8 years ago

Game Galaxy has the best selection in the south,and two locations. Rivergate and Antioch..

#5459 8 years ago

She's home. My Firepower II I won from the tournament. Needs a little love but I'm up for the task. Minus the back glass cause I hadn't put it in yet.
237.JPG237.JPG

236.JPG236.JPG

Playfield could use some work.
235.JPG235.JPG

#5460 8 years ago

East of Nashville is also Lebanon with about 12 games on location. Check the Pinside map.

#5461 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where to play in Nashville? There for work this week

Antioch has the better pins (80+) Rivergate has around 20-22 pins but they are all different in each location, no carryover.

#5462 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

She's home. My Firepower II I won from the tournament. Needs a little love but I'm up for the task. Minus the back glass cause I hadn't put it in yet.237.JPG
236.JPG

Golden Oreos can help you clean it up and get it working great! ahh... after he gets his shit together of course.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5463 8 years ago

Hey what do you guys recommend for cleaning a pinball machine? Not the playfield itself but things like inside the cabinet, inside the backglass, under the playfield, etc.

#5464 8 years ago

Outside cabinet - Simple green (not mean green). Use sparingly, test on the back first, etc. Pulls stains off better than anything I've ever used. Will lift paint if you're not careful. Typically available at Dollar General.

Inside cabinet - Get a palm sander and sand. Beats trying to get all the muck that has fallen down.

Rusty legs and metal - Evaporust. Search pinside about it. Used it recently and the hype is true.

Another nice thing to add for small parts and such is an ultrasonic cleaner. Works great for things like plastic posts and such. Harbor Freight sells a model that has been all I've ever needed.

#5465 8 years ago

Is the HF ultrasonic big enough to hold bigger things like troughs and complete flipper mechs?

#5466 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is the HF ultrasonic big enough to hold bigger things like troughs and complete flipper mechs?

You'd be pushing it, but I think so. To be honest, it does an awesome job on plastic parts. On metal I find it doesn't make a big deal. Something like Mothers Mag Polish works best there. I think you would want a tumbler for metal.

#5467 8 years ago

While we wait for the next tournament (August 8th) - this video is great. It has nothing to do with Nashville, but it might be the finest game of pinball I've ever seen. Tragic ending also. Keith Elwin hangs 1B+ on Star Trek.

#5468 8 years ago

Hey guys. August 8th is the date of the next tournament and it's fast approaching. What we typically do is we will provide a list of games playing well at Game Galaxy and allow people to vote for 4 to make it in to the tournament. Voting will end August 1st so without further delay choose 4 of the following:

Banzai Run
Spiderman
Batman
Dirty Harry
No Fear
Getaway
Kiss
Mousin Around
Class of 1812
Cyclone
Johnny Mnemonic

#5469 8 years ago

I visited game galaxy - Antioch while on my way to the airport heading out of town. Only had an hour or so. Had all new sterns and great assortment of the classics. Definitely going to spend more time there next trip to Nashville.

#5470 8 years ago

My votes

Getaway
Johnny Mnemonic
Dirty Harry
Spiderman (either one is fine with me)

#5471 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

My votes
Getaway
Johnny Mnemonic
Dirty Harry
spiderman (either one is fine with me)

Ha, can you guess the day we're moving back to TN?...
Officially moving back on the 8th. And this isn't an excuse to not come, I was serious at the last tournament when I said once I moved back I'd be coming to as many tourneys as possible AND trying to bring along new faces. Looks like that's gonna have to wait until the September tournament though :/

#5472 8 years ago

Look forward to seeing you again Chad!

#5473 8 years ago

Chad

This is simple. You just tell your wife/girlfriend/life partner that you're going out to get some cleaning supplies for the new house/apartment/condo and then you disappear for like 6 hours and compete in a pinball tournament. Then when she asks where have you been when you come back, point out that there are still some boxes that have not been unpacked, has she been goofing off this entire time?

To clarify it's the new Stern Spiderman and anyone can vote for a lineup even if you can't make it or if you're not sure if you can or not.

#5474 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Chad
This is simple. You just tell your wife/girlfriend/life partner that you're going out to get some cleaning supplies for the new house/apartment/condo and then you disappear for like 6 hours and compete in a pinball tournament. Then when she asks where have you been when you come back, point out that there are still some boxes that have not been unpacked, has she been goofing off this entire time?
To clarify it's the new Stern spiderman and anyone can vote for a lineup even if you can't make it or if you're not sure if you can or not.

Hahaha, I'll get the Boyfriend of the Year award for that stunt I'm sure! :p

My vote would be Spider-Man, Batman, No Fear, Class of 1812.

Quoted from Crash:

Look forward to seeing you again Chad!

Right back at ya, I'm so excited to be living near pinball machines again, ha!

#5475 8 years ago

Hey all, there's a new arcade with a strong pinball collection in Murfreesboro. Went there today - here's the verdict.

It's called Flashback Arcade. It's on River Rock Road - not too far from the I-24 exit, right next door to the Verizon call center. Price is $10 for all-day, come and go as you please. Probably about 20-30 pins, and everything I played was in great shape. Really good mix of machines. Off the top of my head, they had Medieval Madness, Kiss (Stern), Walking Dead, Metallica, Avengers (Hulk LE), Jackbot, BOP, F-14 Tomcat, Playboy (Bally), Amazing Spiderman, Silverball Mania, Eight Ball. I'm leaving out a lot. Also had pool, air hockey, and a large selection of classic vids. I'm probably giving the vids short shrift, I didn't have a ton of time in there.

Very nice room. Huge dark room with blacklights and arcade carpet. Motley Crue was playing over the PA while I was there. Very 80's friendly.

Here's what I can find out about them online. I think they open at noon everyday. I remember open until 10 on Fri/Sat, 6 on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/flashbackarcades?fref=ts

It's well worth your time to check it out, and we are extremely lucky to have them and Game Galaxy in the area.

#5476 8 years ago

Holy what Medieval Madness. MEDIEVAL. FRIGGIN'. MADNESS. I think someone here posted about this place opening up a few months ago. Sounds amazing, will definitely have to make a trip with my dad out there!!

#5477 8 years ago

Brian got the BOP and the Jackbot from me. They were tip top, and if I know Brian the rest of his pins are too. Good guy and I'll bet a great place to play some great pins.

#5478 8 years ago

Checked out Flashback Arcade today. Really cool place! Had a great time. Added it to the map on pinside w/ the game list. Hopefully I got them all anyway: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/flashback-arcade-murfreesboro-tn-united-states#gameslist

CK359s-UMAAWAg0.jpgCK359s-UMAAWAg0.jpg

#5479 8 years ago
Quoted from sethington:

Checked out Flashback Arcade today. Really cool place! Had a great time. Added it to the map on pinside w/ the game list. Hopefully I got them all anyway: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/flashback-arcade-murfreesboro-tn-united-states#gameslist

CK359s-UMAAWAg0.jpg

HOLY Shitzbahhh!! 2.1 miles from my office!! I will have to claim loyalty to Jason at GG but I may visit the new one from time to time. The other dude is going to put pins on the square also at some point. What is going on is a pinball resurgence!

Do I hear the Murfreesboro Pinball club with a tourney schedule??

#5480 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Only people in the Rutherford County area need apply

On a serious note this is exciting news as more location pinball is always a good thing. We will have to check this place out very soon.

#5481 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

HOLY Shitzbahhh!! 2.1 miles from my office!! I will have to claim loyalty to Jason at GG but I may visit the new one from time to time. The other dude is going to put pins on the square also at some point. What is going on is a pinball resurgence!

No idea if/when that will open but yes, there's a lot of pinball/arcades coming up.

What I do like is the fact that the 3 locations with pins in the area are all spread apart. Rivergate, Antioch, and Murfreesboro. 18-25 miles each.

I was at Flashback today for 5 hours playing. Most pinball I have played in at least 5 years. It's hard when you have your own spot and you end up working it and not enjoying your own stuff. Not having to worry about it = a plus.

I left a few scores on some of the machines, we'll see how long some of them last.

#5482 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I left a few scores on some of the machines, we'll see how long some of them last.

I'm considering the gauntlet thrown down.

You want a challenge? Go try to beat the high scores on T2 and HS at Liquid Smoke. 400M+ on T2 and 6M+ on HS. Same guy has all of the high scores on both machines. He is aware of the league and Game Galaxy but hasn't made it up to a tournament yet.

#5483 8 years ago

im down to beat peoples scores, T2 shouldnt be to hard, depends on how the tilt is set

#5484 8 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I'm considering the gauntlet thrown down.
You want a challenge? Go try to beat the high scores on T2 and HS at Liquid Smoke. 400M+ on T2 and 6M+ on HS. Same guy has all of the high scores on both machines. He is aware of the league and Game Galaxy but hasn't made it up to a tournament yet.

The scores on the machines I left are not that great (Flashback's). "Maybe" the 396,000,000 in Walking Dead. Mainly they are for starter scores more than anything. Grand Champion on Getaway, Walking Dead, Metallica, Elvira, Bride of Pinbot. I have 1-4 on Kiss I think, but I don't even have the Grand Champion on that one, but like I said, most of these I would consider "starter" scores.

Gauntlet being thrown down is basically "beat whatever scores I put up at Game Galaxy", etc. If they get beat someone let me know so I have a challenge to try and get it again. I like putting up scores on machines if I can find the time to do it, it's fun to have that challenge of seeing who can beat whomever.

I don't get to play very often, so when I do it is a treat even if they are my own machines.

Last game I did some damage on was Spider-Man at 700 million or so. The ones I need to get back on are Attack from Mars and Iron Man (which baffles me) and Kiss (since it erased).

#5485 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

im down to beat peoples scores, T2 shouldnt be to hard, depends on how the tilt is set

When I was actually "playing" T2 back in the 90s my best score was 650 million. I think at Game Galaxy playing it a handful of times before we changed it erased it, etc I was in the lowest 200s and a couple of 190 million games.

If only you guys saw the crap I pulled on Earthshaker back in the day. 50,000,000 Ball 1. True story of me playing a 3 player game with two of my friends at age 16, and them going to Rally's for lunch, coming back and I was STILL on Ball 1. I ended up with a 65 million point game in Earthshaker that day.

#5486 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

396,000,000 in Walking Dead.

That's way better than I've ever done on walking dead.

My GC scores that I know of are

World Cup Soccer
Attack From Mars
Stern Indy Jones
Dirty Harry

None of them are that high though except for the Attack.

#5487 8 years ago

Oh and if you're in the Rivergate area, I'm the GC on Pirates.

#5488 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The scores on the machines I left are not that great (Flashback's). "Maybe" the 396,000,000 in Walking Dead. Mainly they are for starter scores more than anything. Grand Champion on Getaway, Walking Dead, Metallica, Elvira, Bride of Pinbot. I have 1-4 on Kiss I think, but I don't even have the Grand Champion on that one, but like I said, most of these I would consider "starter" scores.
Gauntlet being thrown down is basically "beat whatever scores I put up at Game Galaxy", etc. If they get beat someone let me know so I have a challenge to try and get it again. I like putting up scores on machines if I can find the time to do it, it's fun to have that challenge of seeing who can beat whomever.
I don't get to play very often, so when I do it is a treat even if they are my own machines.
Last game I did some damage on was Spider-Man at 700 million or so. The ones I need to get back on are Attack from Mars and Iron Man (which baffles me) and Kiss (since it erased).

I saw you beat my WD score nice! Now go beat my Kiss grandchamps (both) chump!! LOL!!

#5489 8 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

That's way better than I've ever done on Walking Dead.
My GC scores that I know of are
World Cup Soccer
Attack from Mars
Stern Indy Jones
Dirty Harry
None of them are that high though except for the Attack.

Oh good, I know what to work on.

I am not going for that Pirates score though. I am never up that way much anymore and I know that your score will take awhile to beat. I should still have the Avengers GC but that is more of pure torture playing that game.

#5490 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

I saw you beat my WD score nice! Now go beat my Kiss grandchamp chump!! LOL!!

If only that place opened up at 8am instead of Noon. I have to drive to Murfreesboro now anyway.

#5491 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If only that place opened up at 8am instead of Noon. I have to drive to Murfreesboro now anyway.

Just concentrate on the Kiss at your place for now. And when you beat that you can tackle my IM. I will have your Tron before years end.
This is fun!

#5492 8 years ago

Looking for a couple pins for sale close to Nashville, Bally Flash Gordon and Fish Tales. Let me know if anyone has anything.

#5493 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Just concentrate on the Kiss at your place for now. And when you beat that you can tackle my IM. I will have your Tron before years end.
This is fun!

I won't be at my place until tomorrow. Autumn was dropped off at daycare which is why I had to go to Murfreesboro yesterday.

I had the Kiss score, but updates have beaten me on that game twice.

Tron updates beat me too. Best I had on that game was 230+ but can't seem to get over 200 anymore on it.

I have to just finish Jericho in Iron Man. I've had one shot left TWICE which is the killer for me.

#5494 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looking for a couple pins for sale close to Nashville, Bally Flash Gordon and Fish Tales. Let me know if anyone has anything.

I have a Fish Tales in Antioch to play with Color DMD at Game Galaxy, but not really for sale.

Chris Royalty "may" have a Flash Gordon in the Rivergate Mall area.

#5495 8 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I won't be at my place until tomorrow. Autumn was dropped off at daycare which is why I had to go to Murfreesboro yesterday.
I had the Kiss score, but updates have beaten me on that game twice.

Tron updates beat me too. Best I had on that game was 230+ but can't seem to get over 200 anymore on it.
I have to just finish Jericho in Iron Man. I've had one shot left TWICE which is the killer for me.

Listen Dreamer TR I post high scorces not excuses. HA!!

#5496 8 years ago

Oh snap, look what was shoved way in the back corner of the warehouse and took 45 minutes to get out...

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#5497 8 years ago

First impressions:

Cabinet has no fade. Artwork is in pretty good shape.
Game boots and plays.
No display voltage (HV fuse blew on powerup, used to work).
All coils and flashers seem to work.
No battery damage on driver board!
Original screened playfield glass in good shape!
Translite in excellent shape.
Minor playfield wear at VUK exits.
No playfield planking, raised inserts, or mylar bubbling!
Left ramp entrance broken (Cliffys?)
Clean underside.

Gonna be a fun shop out.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_7.jpgimage_7.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#5498 8 years ago

Hey Crash I have one of those as well working, just in my storage.

#5499 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Listen Dreamer TR I post high scorces not excuses. HA!!

Looks to me like JEW is all over the place though. = )

#5500 8 years ago

Those are some interesting initials.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 27.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

£ 39.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.