tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 119.
#5101 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Star Trek is in Rivergate so people can play it there on Free Play....we have to have SOMETHING over there decent to get people....the lineup in Antioch is ridiculous compared to the 20-22 pins in Rivergate.

Totally agree and understand. But since you're asking, maybe a rotation of games between the locations could work.

#5102 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Checkpoint and Airborne!

Checkpoint is finally coming. (A working one) I just need to pick it up from Cincinnati.

Airborne I am open to. Just need to find one. You see one, send it my way.

Aaron, with the good coming, the good has to leave from the other store....would need some ideas on what to leave from the top 15 pins we have to get Star Trek back in. I don't think we need to rotate necessarily unless there are games you HAVE to play from there. If there are more than Star Trek, let me know.

#5103 9 years ago

You know what they say, variety is the spice of life.

There's always the option to go to Rivergate if one really wanted to play the other games. Personally, I would have no problem swapping popular Sterns, just so there was something that hasn't been played in a while. I would have my opinions on what to swap, I'm sure others would have the opposite.

Please know that I am not complaining at all.

#5104 9 years ago

Aaron, that is fine, I am just curious what people want to swap. My opinions involve losing Cirqus Voltaire permanently if Star Trek comes back, but I won't even bring that to Rivergate...I am sure a lot would disagree with that. Obviously we just don't have room in the place...that's the number one issue...I even took Star Trek Data East and Hurricane out just because we needed to put the Rush machines in there. If we get DDR in there two more machines will leave at least, possibly 3....it's such a thing with the lack of space in there...

#5105 9 years ago

CV needs to be in Bowling Green at my house

#5106 9 years ago

A few months ago, I would've suggested Rolling Stones be traded out for Star Trek. But that game has started to grow on me. If I were to choose one game to send to Rivergate in exchange for Star Trek, I'd choose Transformers. I just can't seem to get into that game at all since they are based on a horrible movie. The only time I ever see it being played is when some kid sees it, presses the start button, plays one ball, then walks away.

#5107 9 years ago

Transformers is played a lot there.

Let me rephrase, paying customers, not employees get a say in what goes where unless they want to pay me the $10 all day fee again, lol...believe me, I have enough of Brandon in my ear about games in my garage that need to come in the place...

Rolling Stones was at Rivergate Mall at Incredible Dave's, and so was Iron Man but not at Game Galaxy in Rivergate.

I should put Walking Dead on Free Play in Rivergate. =)

#5108 9 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

CV needs to be in Bowling Green at my house

YES! I think you should buy it if you can . . . so I can come to your house and play it!!!

#5109 9 years ago

I played that Cirqus Voltaire, it was pretty nice. Beautiful game with incandescent lamps. I need to upload the footage. I got all the way to Unmask Voltaire (wizard mode) and I believe it's farther than I ever got on Pinball Arcade.

#5110 9 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I just can't seem to get into that game at all since they are based on a horrible movie.

Oh the more terrible the movie, the better the pinball machine is.

The Shadow
Congo
Dracula
Godzilla

As far as game requests to possibly get:

Junkyard
Maverick
Batman Forever
Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy
Indiana Jones Williams version
Lord of the Rings

#5111 9 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Oh the more terrible the movie, the better the pinball machine is.
The Shadow
Congo
Dracula
Godzilla
As far as game requests to possibly get:
junkyard
Maverick
Batman Forever
Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy
Indiana Jones Williams version
Lord of the Rings

Shadow is excellent and yes, the movie is terrible, so I definitely don't know why Mike is not about Transformers, that's actually a really good pin...I hated them because Optimus always got the ball stuck for some reason. This one does not have that issue.

As far as the other requests:
Maverick: We had this, then it got caught in a flood (location pin, from that big Nashville flood we had) so I had to sell it, it still worked, but meh.

Batman Forever I have never owned. I am not against it, but I'm not a fan of it either. If it pops up at auction I will go for one.

Obviously Lord of the Rings and Indy won't becoming ever =) So those are out.

I don't like Family Guy, so that's out.

Junkyard is one step above Corvette. And that's not saying a lot. It's one of the worst Williams pins in the modern era.

I am sure you guys will like your Christmas present at the arcade I am getting. I honestly don't know why I am getting it...and sticking it on Free Play, but it is what it is....Brandon, DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT IT IS. SERIOUSLY.

#5112 9 years ago

I know what it is!!!! But I ain't telling...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5113 9 years ago

i know things

#5114 9 years ago

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash is coming back!?

#5115 9 years ago

I should just take everything out and make you all play TMNT and Bugs Bunny for a month straight. -=)

#5116 9 years ago

Just a quick heads up. Here's the upcoming tournament schedule. Will has been kind enough to help out with running some of these, so he'll be running the December and January tournaments.

There is a requirement from the IFPA that tournaments must be announced 30 days prior to running now, so we're firming up our schedule. We've always tried to schedule the first Saturday of the month, so here's the schedule for the next few tournaments. All tournaments are at Game Galaxy Antioch and are at 2:00 pm.

Saturday, December 6
Saturday, January 3
Saturday, February 7

The Louisville Arcade Expo is on the weekend of March 7, so we may not have a tournament that month.

#5117 9 years ago

Hey guys as Aaron said, I'm going to be heading up the December 6th tournament at Game Galaxy. Rather than me select 4 games for us to play, I thought it would be fun and democratic to vote on the 4 to have out of a preselected bank of 12 games. Voting starts now and will officially end on November 30th for the December tournament. Feel free to vote publicly or to just PM me. Also, even if you don't regularly participate in the tournament, don't be afraid to cast a vote if you just want to punish us with a particularly challenging game on the list.

Pick 4 of the following:
Xenon-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ball
Centar-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ball
Batman Dark Knight
World Cup Soccer
Gladiators
Sorcerer
Fish Tales
Sopranos
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Monday Night Football
Whirlwind
Star Wars

See you around in the arcade

#5118 9 years ago

Dropped off the payload of PCBs and bezels today Jason. Thanks for following up and for the free entry as well. I did notice High Speed repeatedly firing the knocker when you turn it on and Cyclone does not boot. Still, some nice games there!

image-309.jpgimage-309.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-774.jpgimage-774.jpg
image-145.jpgimage-145.jpg
image-991.jpgimage-991.jpg
image-872.jpgimage-872.jpg

Also, I know why this is here. Lol...

image-929.jpgimage-929.jpg

#5119 9 years ago

Hi Crash, good seeing you again. You have to turn Cyclone on and off two times and it boots up fine. No idea why it does that.

High Speed goes into menu check for adjusting switches (two of them) and then it plays fine....little nuances with these pins...

#5120 9 years ago

We got that Yelp sticker in the mail for having 4.5 ratings I believe....As much as I complain about the small customer issues we have (obvious stuff like lack of cleanliness in Antioch vs Rivergate, people not realizing we are an old school place) we are basically a 95% customer satisfaction rated place on all facets. You either love us or you would rather go somewhere else, lol.

#5121 9 years ago

Putting in my votes for the tournament.

Xenon
World Cup Soccer (playing great right now!)
Sorcerer
Sopranos, or Fish Tales if the safe isn't working

#5122 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Putting in my votes for the tournament.
Xenon
World Cup Soccer (playing great right now!)
Sorcerer
Sopranos, or Fish Tales if the safe isn't working

I will kill this lineup, bring it!!

#5123 9 years ago

We fixed the safe on Sopranos!

#5124 9 years ago

I can confirm that the safe is working as well. Jason when you get a chance, do you care to switch Xenon and Centar to 5 ball. Centar is currently 3 and Xenon was actually on 2 ball I believe last I was in.

#5125 9 years ago

I'll check XENON tomorrow. I want to keep the older games at 3 ball (even though I know Paragon might be at 5 and possibly Elektra.) Any reason may I ask?

#5126 9 years ago

I suppose they can be 3 ball, I was just wanting it at 5 ball for consistency. In the past tournaments older games had been set to 5 ball. Elektra, Gottlieb Spiderman, Firepower...

#5127 9 years ago

I think the older games take a longer time. I am not sure of why there would need to be a 5 ball rule for those types of tournaments. Is it a PAPA thing or is it some weird thing like abbreviations for pinballs? lol

The only game I know that had default 5 ball was Black Knight 2000, I am certain there were others but 3 ball in reality is the only way to go I believe especially on older games...

#5128 9 years ago

I agree with the 3 ball. I figured some of the ones in the arcade were set to 5 ball because that's how you got them. Isn't the rule of thumb that EMs are 5 ball, everything else is 3?

I find the classics to be much more random and ball times shorter than just about any DMD era game.

To dovetail this into your earlier request for games we'd like to see, Stern Meteor is some dumb cheap fun.

#5129 9 years ago

Papa rules typically have ems at 5 balls and everything else to 3 with extra balls turned off so we will do them at 3 balls. Again it's not that big of a deal.

#5130 9 years ago

Ah ok, good thing they are not EMs, lol...

We had a Meteor once but I don't really have interest in it again....one of these days I need to sell that Stern Magic in Huntsville but it's the only pin they have there right now.

#5131 9 years ago

Godzilla works again. Gladiator had the target issue fixed and the rubbers all changed.

Truck Stop has the switch issue in the corner for ball lock fixed. Waiting on rebuild brackets for Defender.

#5132 9 years ago

For some reason I can no longer find the old News Channel 5 story williams posted a couple of years ago. Good thing I archived the file. I even upconverted it to super-smooth 60fps if you watch in HD!

#5133 9 years ago

Wow, to believe that is not even 3 years old yet is amazing. Seems ages ago.

#5134 9 years ago

Hey look guys! Another reason why I always said I disliked Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-gottlieb-rocky#post-2042971

Apparently because I want to protect myself from someone who has been on this forum all of 3 days, I am a scammer! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5135 9 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Hey guys as Aaron said, I'm going to be heading up the December 6th tournament at Game Galaxy. Rather than me select 4 games for us to play, I thought it would be fun and democratic to vote on the 4 to have out of a preselected bank of 12 games. Voting starts now and will officially end on November 30th for the December tournament. Feel free to vote publicly or to just PM me. Also, even if you don't regularly participate in the tournament, don't be afraid to cast a vote if you just want to punish us with a particularly challenging game on the list.
Pick 4 of the following:Xenon-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ballCentar-Currently 3 ball but will most likely go to 5 ballBatman Dark KnightWorld Cup SoccerGladiatorsSorcererFish TalesSopranosElvira and the Party MonstersMonday Night FootballWhirlwindStar Wars
See you around in the arcade

Picks:

WCS
Sorcerer
WW
Xenon

Thank you.

#5136 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Hey look guys! Another reason why I always said I disliked Pinside:

Don't sweat the small stuff! If there is anyone on Pinside that should be trusted it is YOU! I consider you a premiere buyer and seller of pins . . . too bad the seller didn't know your reputation.

Pinside is a lot of fun for me, but I've had my skin pricked on here a few times and I know how it feels. I get pretty angry and next thing you know I'm in a verbal battle. You can't "win" on here even if you DO win! Ha.

Mike

#5137 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Don't sweat the small stuff! If there is anyone on Pinside that should be trusted it is YOU! I consider you a premiere buyer and seller of pins . . . too bad the seller didn't know your reputation.
Pinside is a lot of fun for me, but I've had my skin pricked on here a few times and I know how it feels. I get pretty angry and next thing you know I'm in a verbal battle. You can't "win" on here even if you DO win! Ha.
Mike

Oh I know, I am just more peeved that a moderator recommended the wrong info and apparently siding with someone who was on the forum for all of 4 days. He should know all of the info first before you just make assumptions.

Oh, the seller has now lowered his price again on Rocky too, coincidentally I might add.

#5138 9 years ago

Wrong thread.

#5139 9 years ago

I am just going to lay this out for you guys here. You tell me what you think. This is in relation to my "Rocky" issue I directed everyone to earlier in this thread:

Hello DreamTR,

Thank you for participating on Pinside.com. Unfortunately, we have to send you this warning notice about a post you made (quoted below) because it violated the Pinside community rules as: general forum rule violation

Your post:

Did you not read the previous thread? He has no sales online. Never shipped a pinball before. He joined this forum only a few days before listing the ad here. On Mr. Pinball he had it listed with a different name that what he answered his phone by. He did not want to do paypal or eBay, essentially I have to trust a new pinsider just because he had a heart next to his name. I will buy it. If he does eBay/Paypal so I have some type of protection. I am not sending a money order/check and then I can't get the game.
So yes, you were definitely missing something there....there is reason this keeps getting lowered. And I was going to pay 3900 or 3750. He listed it higher on Mr. Pinball, then listed it here lower and it has been getting lower.

The moderator also added the following remark:

(Snip)

EDIT: Apparently I am not allowed to post moderator messages publicly.

Post edited by moderator: Do not post private PMs from moderators.

#5140 9 years ago

team butt hurt

#5142 9 years ago

I understand them wanting clear rules, but then the communication is a "warning of a rules violation" but not really, just warning of a possible warning? If I didn't do anything what is the point? I still see it as one of the very big reasons why I have been so "away" from the pinball community all these years....Don't get me wrong, there are some great Pinsiders and some not so great Pinsiders. I know that exists on every forum, but it just seems much like business models and the way the moderation is conducted with things allowed that are actually hurtful to the growth of the hobby, they seem to be ok with that and deem it "healthy discussion", especially when a lot of those "ideas" people have are basically trolling in disguise and people that derail threads.

I have one guy (lordloss) who has followed me in various threads basically stating I am evil because I didn't dump NES games and my reputation is terrible because of that. WTF? I bet you he never received any warnings. Maybe he did, who knows but the guy did it multiple times, it had nothing to do with any of the things I was posting about, and no moderator talked to me about a warning given to him for anything....so....who knows...

I still think the "hearts" club is the biggest headscratcher.....apparently a donation from a new pinsider who has not sold anything is looked at in a more positive fashion vs someone on here 3 years with tons of transactions spanning 16 years+ online.

#5143 9 years ago

Anyway, I guess on to more important matters:

Checkpoint is making its way to Rivergate, it will be there for play within the next day.
Caveman is working on the Rivergate floor. It is there as well.

Simpsons Pinball Party is making its way to Antioch sometime by Monday.

I have decided to move Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street to Rivergate in its place.

One more surprise game is coming Saturday to the Antioch floor. We've had it before and some people know about it.

#5144 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I understand them wanting clear rules, but then the communication is a "warning of a rules violation" but not really, just warning of a possible warning? If I didn't do anything what is the point?

Having rules is one thing, but people also have to know about them. That's what these friendly reminders are for. After one or more of these notices, the next step would be a temporary account freeze and then the last step is a site ban. The last two steps don't happen a lot, which tells me the violation notices are working!

Quoted from DreamTR:

the way the moderation is conducted with things allowed that are actually hurtful to the growth of the hobby, they seem to be ok with that and deem it "healthy discussion", especially when a lot of those "ideas" people have are basically trolling in disguise and people that derail threads.

Please open a moderator feedback thread and tell us about this. Seriously, constructive feedback is very welcome and helps us improve the site! If you really want to help and/or change things then take some time and make a good feedback thread with examples and ideas how you would handle things. The added benefit of a feedback thread is that only you and the mods can read it, so there's no way you can violate our "do not criticise the moderators" rule.

Another advantage of voicing your concerns in a separate feedback thread is that you won't de-rail or go OT in an existing topic, like this one.

We are all humans and the moderator team works in their spare time to help me manage this site. Mistakes will be made, but what I will not have is people publicly calling out the moderators (if that was allowed there would very soon be no more moderators left - and no more Pinside for that matter). So we have a clear rule for that.

Quoted from DreamTR:

I still think the "hearts" club is the biggest headscratcher.....apparently a donation from a new pinsider who has not sold anything is looked at in a more positive fashion vs someone on here 3 years with tons of transactions spanning 16 years+ online.

It's not that difficult of a concept. Running a website costs money, monthly recurring fees. If you love this *free* website and use it a lot then your donation is welcome. It's voluntary. Only do it if it feels good, if you want to. The heart is there to bring awareness, make people know they can contribute financially to the Pinside upkeep.

I'm not sure why you think a donation is looked at in a more positive fashion than someone contributing a lot. If you've been here a while then you'll know that this is not true. There are plenty of folks around here who contribute a lot and haven't donated but are still recognised as being amongst the greatest Pinsiders.

#5145 9 years ago

Thanks for the response Robin. All I want to see is a Marketplace rating system...but yes...people do seem to consider the donation thing a way to tell if someone is more trustworthy it seems.

#5146 9 years ago

Robin, since I feel I know you from our initial personal conversations years ago, and Jason (DreamTR) whom I know very well because I live close to him . . . it saddens me to see anything of disputation concerning you both.

No one has to vouch for you Robin. You RULE in integrity and kindness and for establishing this forum for all our enjoyment.

I know DreamTR well, so allow me to at least vouch for him. I'm not taking sides. I just want anyone reading this, and you Robin, to know that Jason is very well known in this entire region, about a 300 mile radius, as a pinball preserver, lover, and provider of games for the masses. Jason has risked time and treasure in keeping arcade pinball alive in two States. There are few people who would make the sacrifices he does in order to provide pins for the general public to play. He is trusted and always above board in his dealings.

We have two fine people here, Robin and Jason, both lovers and savers of pinball. We know your character Robin, I just wanted to substantiate Jason's. You will not find a more decent and fair person when it comes to buying and selling pins. Jason often pays more than the true value of a pin in order to just save one from the trash bin. It is too bad you both cannot know each other in person.

I am proud to say I know you both. I am confident things will turn out just fine now!

Mike Giorgio
Bowling Green, KY

#5147 9 years ago

Hello everyone, my family and I are coming to Nashville next week then on to pigeon forge for thanksgiving. Are there any places with pinball in the pigeon forge/gatlinburg area?

#5148 9 years ago

Don't know about Pigeon Forge, but downtown Gatlinburg has an arcade. It is right in the middle of the main drag. Look for something that looks like a space needle sticking up in the sky. You can't miss it. The arcade is right there. Sadly, they only had about 3 pins when I was there last. There was a Spider Man and it was in bad shape. Weak flipper and just poorly maintained. Hopefully, since this was more than a year ago things could be better now.

#5149 9 years ago

Ok, the "surprise" is on the floor in the arcade in Antioch.

#5150 9 years ago

Looking for a TOTAN or CV within 4hrs of the middle TN area. Please let me know if you know of either in good condition for sale or trade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 37.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 249.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.