tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 119.
#451 11 years ago

I'm traveling through ATL to Nashville and back the weekend of April 27-29th if any of you need something transported.

Or if any of you nice Nashville people happen to have a T2 or Road Show that you're wanting to sell, send me a message. I'm not looking for CQ games at high prices... just something playable and enjoyable. Thanks!

#452 11 years ago

Good news, my friend is also interested in the pinball tournament. Do we need to sign up somewhere or do we let you know when we walk in Jason?

Also, I found a local from Watertown on YouTube and sent him a message about GG. Hopefully I'll get a response as well as another customer for ya.

#453 11 years ago

Stack15: There's a T2 in Atlanta for $1500 on Mr.Pinball right now..

Crashdance: Sign up at the desk, Richard will take everyone's money. I will be there at 2pm or so, tourney will start at 3pm....we'll announce the games to anyone that signs up so word will get out quick...

#454 11 years ago

Oh yeah. I think that one was listed last October? I will check it out. Was looking one a few hundred less. Passed on one that sold for $1,000 an still regret it.

#455 11 years ago

Emailed the guy. The ad is from May 2011.

#456 11 years ago

Is Richard interested in playing in the tournament? I don't believe I've met Rob. Is he the African American?

#457 11 years ago

Crashdance, Rob is my partner who is moving to Vegas, he was the one manning the Rivergate location. The big African American guy is called "Beat em Up", 400 pds, 6'2.

Stack15: Sometimes people leave their ads up...all the pins have gone up lately (all the $3000 pins are almost doubled, so everyone is hitting up the $1500 ones)

#458 11 years ago

I know this is off topic but anyone know what the deal is with the Tales of the Arabian Nights value going through the roof lately? There are 3 people in Nashville ALONE looking for this game and I was offered $5500 for mine and I can't seem to find any out there below $5000 at all and even then they are hard to find...mine is really nice but am I missing something about this game as of late?

#459 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I know this is off topic but anyone know what the deal is with the Tales of the Arabian Nights value going through the roof lately? There are 3 people in Nashville ALONE looking for this game and I was offered $5500 for mine and I can't seem to find any out there below $5000 at all and even then they are hard to find...mine is really nice but am I missing something about this game as of late?

Just seems like a pretty rare game, and the Popaduik stuff always seems to bring good money. I've only seen two in 10+ years of collecting. I've said my CV is the one game that won't leave my collection (I know, I know) but at the money stuff is going for these days, it's tempting.

Prices are pretty crazy these days. I know there are 100 other threads on the price of machines these days, but I've never seen prices dip on machines. If the bubble doesn't burst soon, I'm not sure it ever will.

#460 11 years ago

I assume it's because of the video game and it's similar to the interest in Ripleys right now. I've looked for a TOTAN for years but to me it's sort of a gimmicky game and I wouldn't pay the going rate for it. I know that I'd tire of it too quickly and for the price I prefer the look and gameplay of other jpops. I just enjoy spinning the lamp toy

#461 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I assume it's because of the video game and it's similar to the interest in Ripleys right now

A video game? What platform is it for?

#462 11 years ago

Pretty much everything! http://www.pinballarcade.com

#463 11 years ago

Oh, duh! When you said video game I thought I missed something like a platformer or something that uses the general theme "Tales of the Arabian Nights." But if that's what you mean then that's pretty amazing how much impact the TPA has on market prices. I would've never imagined that. But none of us know for sure.

Tales_of_the_Arabian_Nights_(E)_2.pngTales_of_the_Arabian_Nights_(E)_2.png

#464 11 years ago

lol nice screenshot

#465 11 years ago

It's the only one I could find to justify my point. Evidently there are a couple of other "Arabian Nights" games for SNES.

#466 11 years ago

Looking forward to the tournament tomorrow guys. I'll be wearing a Cubs hat - come by and say hey.

#467 11 years ago

I wouldn't say Arabian Nights is "gimmicky" but the scoring is super skewed. Even novices can figure out the lamp and multipliers are where the scoring are. To me Arabian Nights has the most beautiful art of any pinball machine, right up there with Voltaire, at least in the style I like.

Pins aren't going down, there is no "bubble" with them like real estate. Arcade standups definitely fluctuate a bit based on interest, movies, etc, but with video gaming still in its infancy museums are going to be a big deal (as everyone is trying to open one) but no one is really doing it correctly.

I'm telling ya, if one of these places would make me a video game curator/historian for console and arcade gaming, we'd have a place better than FunSpot and Wizard's Arcade and Galloping Ghost and my place combined....my dream is to get these things floored/sectioned off by genre and time period but I'm not spending my own money anymore to do this....I would need a building/donations/non profit status but the Pinball Hall of Fame is completely doable if someone was backing me....have to do it soon before things all reach Cactus Canyon/Medieval Madness level.

#468 11 years ago

I found a T2 for $1,250 in North Georgia. I may stop for that one on my way back from Nashville if no one there has one for sale that I like better. Thanks!

The Mr. Pinball classified one has already been sold... no surprise.

#469 11 years ago

I don't see any Facebook hints on the games yet.
Edit: Aha! Bride of Pinbot backglass on the website!

#470 11 years ago

I hope not, Bride of Pinbot has outlanes that suck balls down like draino. My least favorite game at GG.

Edit: glad to hear BOP will not be one of the machines. Radical, No Fear and Funhouse. Good luck to all, pete.

#471 11 years ago

Had a good time. Even if I didnt make the finals at least I was middle of the pack.

#472 11 years ago

I had a great time too. I'd never played in a tournament before so it was pretty cool. I think that the turnout was good enough that I'm guessing this will happen again.

#473 11 years ago

It was nice meeting you Svengo, and Erik. I had a great time. I got second place in my group on Funhouse. Ended up with 10 points in the end, I think the winner got 23. Richard kicked our butts on all of the games. I'm transferring the videos and photos from my phone now. As I said, I recorded the entire final round on Tron (my arms were getting tired after 15 minutes though!).

We had an excellent turnout, the arcade made $50 in cover charges alone from this, and not to mention the non-tournament games we played. Jason, I hope this made your weekend. It was an awesome event. Doing things like this, espcially with the help of Pinside, really bonds us together. It's great to have some local friends to share the hobby with.

#474 11 years ago

Great meeting you guys too! Svengo were you the guy I was talking to from Buffalo NY? If so it was great meeting you too!

Good job running it Jason! I will definitely plan on being there for the next one.

Too bad I choked in the championship round but it was a good time nonetheless. Looking at the high scores across the arcade I think we're fortunate "ROB" and "JEW" weren't in the tournament Hey I set the GC score in Bride of Pinbot before the tourney tho! I couldn't get the billion but it was still a great score for me.

#475 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Great meeting you guys too! Svengo were you the guy I was talking to from Buffalo NY? If so it was great meeting you

I was the guy with glasses, beard and hooded sweatshirt and was in the group with crash and the eventual tournament winner

#476 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think we're fortunate "ROB" and "JEW" weren't in the tournament

Rob was, he was in my group. JEW is Jason. I only know because their initials and scores still plague my No Fear game and taunt me.

#477 11 years ago

Ah ok I didn't realize that about Rob. Yeah I knew Jason. Hey wanna hear something funny, those high scores on Funhouse were set by a kid, maybe 10 years old? We stink!

Svengo I don't think we got a chance to meet but I saw you there. Next time!

Hey mystic I played a few games on Baywatch after the tourney. Holy smokes that game kicked my butt. It has a ton of shots. It's like a kitchen sink game, I think it has everything. Very cool game (and very pretty), I'm fortunate it wasn't in the tourney.

#478 11 years ago

Here are some photos. The qualifying videos are almost ready.

fr_268.jpgfr_268.jpgfr_270.jpgfr_270.jpgfr_263.jpgfr_263.jpgfr_267.jpgfr_267.jpg fr_271.jpgfr_271.jpg

#479 11 years ago

fr_276.jpgfr_276.jpgfr_278.jpgfr_278.jpgfr_279.jpgfr_279.jpgfr_281.jpgfr_281.jpg

#480 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Had a good time. Even if I didnt make the finals at least I was middle of the pack.

Hey! Take it easy on those of us not as fortunate... I didn't know it was possible to do so poorly on FH.

For those that didn't make it, game were NF, FH, and Radical. Finals were played on Tron.

Great seeing everyone today and looking forward to the next one.

#481 11 years ago

Videos! I'll upload the Tron game tomorrow.

#482 11 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make this event, but it looks like a good turnout and fun was had by all. Hope there will be another one I can check out. Thanks goes out to all at GG for hosting this event, to the participants, and to Crashdance for the photos and vids. Congrats to the winner, too!

#483 11 years ago

Thank you to everyone for showing up and supporting our first pinball tournament! We had 15 total entrants.

Richard from Memphis won the tournament, so congrats to him!

I apologize for forgetting everyone's names a million times during the tournament, I know I have seen most of you there before (Erik, if I recognized you I would have been bugging you about Revenge from Mars AGAIN) but just fair warning I am REALLY bad with names (it takes me awhile to remember) so please do not take offense to that

We will definitely have another tournament next month, I just have to pick a date and post it on the website. Same format, games will be announced the day of or night before. The "big" game I mentioned in the finals for a future tournament will not be at this next one but at a much later date...

Erik: Was your Fun House originally 5 balls? I am not sure what that high score was for Grand Champion, I left it up there but I need to try and break it =P

#484 11 years ago

Hey Nashville pinsiders, I signed up just to post a thanks to the guys at Game Galaxy for hosting the tournament. I'm Richard from Memphis. Winner of the 1st GG tourney and newly self appointed TN State Pinball Champ!!(Ha-Ha!) It's great to see local competitions and I was happy to make the drive up to show some support for you guys efforts. It was my first tournament as well, so of course I was happy with the results.

My apologies to the gentleman who wanted a rematch on Tron, after the tourney I stepped out to get a drink and when I came back I didn't see you again. Sorry, next time...

Thanks Again GG!
Richard

#485 11 years ago

And some gas money for the trip is always nice! Thanks for making the trip and thank for hosting this Jason.

#486 11 years ago

Tron round will be ready in a couple of hours.

#487 11 years ago

Hey Richard, can you please call my mom and tell her that there is a possibility of a career in pinball? She always said I'm wasting my time becoming a professional pinball player but you have proved her wrong! What are you going to do with all that money? (joke)

What a great time and what a great job by Jason. We should let him play each game and record his scores to see how he would have faired, I know he is REAL good. How bout it Jason? honor system, please post your scores.

Unfortunately my work gig is up in Nashville so I will not be here for the next tourney but I'll be watching for sure. I really love the Nashville music (and pinball) scene and hope to return soon.
Pete (AKA CFF- Crazy Flipper Fingers)

#488 11 years ago

Pete from Buffalo! Good meeting you! You did real well but Richard sure whooped us in that final round.

I was just thinking how fun Radical is. I had never played it until yesterday but now I'm a huge fan! Can't wait to play it again and I'm glad you made it a tourney game.

Crash how did your Radical gameplay video turn out? You're the Ken Burns of pinball

Hey Jason when I got Funhouse it was on 3 ball, but maybe it was set to 5 ball before that! That's a comforting thought

Also let me know if you want to come by and check out the Creature

#489 11 years ago

Tron footage is up. I'm working on getting my 3 gameplay videos up.

#490 11 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Hey Richard, can you please call my mom and tell her that there is a possibility of a career in pinball? She always said I'm wasting my time becoming a professional pinball player but you have proved her wrong! What are you going to do with all that money? (joke)
What a great time and what a great job by Jason. We should let him play each game and record his scores to see how he would have faired, I know he is REAL good. How bout it Jason? honor system, please post your scores.
Unfortunately my work gig is up in Nashville so I will not be here for the next tourney but I'll be watching for sure. I really love the Nashville music (and pinball) scene and hope to return soon.
Pete (AKA CFF- Crazy Flipper Fingers)

hahahah....thanks for the compliments you never know when you can get a bad game on one of these, though...consistency is important but we all have bad games...I have no idea how well I would have done in the setting...I know the games well and I "did" play each game once beforehand yesterday as a test...for yesterday's test run I know I got 12,000,000+ on Fun House, between 400 and 500 million on No Fear, and 3.5 million on Radical...that would have qualified me and I did get 100,000,000 on Tron yesterday as the practice game but seriously, in a tournament setting you never know what is going to happen..

No pressure is one thing, but when you have ONE game to play you can get trashed on some of these and believe me, I've bottomed out on all of those games at one time or another...I know I can get 5 or 6 billion on No Fear without continuing but to do it under pressure? Probably not.

I've been to 3 tournaments before, all for Stern pinball release parties...all 3 times I failed to get Top 8...Tron, Transformers, AC/DC. I didn't know the rules of the game; give me a week and I'll do fine and I am sure now I would do well but AC/DC was won by an 11-12 year old beating up on guys that go to pinball gatherings, etc. 1 game, 1 score, don't know the rules, try to play beforehand with huge line, lol....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

With that said, that is precisely why I did an average of 3 games, just seemed a bit more fair but lots of congrats to Richard, he didn't have a lot of time to get accustomed to our pins and took home the crown Erik was actually well ahead in points, he placed 1st, 3rd, and 3rd on the pins but Tron did him in....

#491 11 years ago

And finally: some Radical, Dr. Who, and Baywatch gameplay.

#492 11 years ago

Do we have a ballpark number on how much money this made for the arcade? jayhawkai were you there? If anyone saw me but didn't recognize me, can you point yourself out in the photos/videos? I was the one in the marroon hoody shooting half the time.

#493 11 years ago

Hard to say what it "made" for the arcade but we probably took in about $90 from the tourney with entries and quarters....

#494 11 years ago

Sorry I missed this one..sounds like you guys had a blast...btw anyone here get that de Batman off craigslist last week?

#495 11 years ago

Someone here did. Wasn't me though. Play field looks rough.

#496 11 years ago

Thanks for taping off the bad coin slots, I didn't have a single problem with Dr. Who or Radical. Though you might want to consider a protector to install over the plastic to the right of Radical's vert ramp. I missed it several times and the ball fell right onto the plastic.

#497 11 years ago

It's like someone took part of the mylar "off" the playfield and left it on other parts of it for Batman, lol....

#498 11 years ago

I was driving back from Alabama last night and stopped by the Chuckie Cheese in Franklin. The RCT pin was out of order...just an FYI.

#499 11 years ago

Is Peter a Pinside member? He was the third player on Tron.

#500 11 years ago

Pete is ThisNotes4U

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Boards
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Trade
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 199.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus
Toppers
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.