(Topic ID: 123172)

Pinsiders, HELP me decide which new pin to nab!

By BrooklynDrug

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which pin would you rather???”

• Monopoly by Stern 15 votes
    75%
  • X-Files by SEGA 3 votes
    15%
  • Hurricane by Williams 3 votes
    15%

(Multiple choice - 20 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BD.jpg
IMG_9695.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hello Pinsiders!

I am new to the site and I gotta say, this is awesome!

Anyways, let's cut to the chase. I have a SEGA Goldeneye pinball which I love, and I am now in the market on getting a new pin to compliment the Goldeneye, or just a new fun pin. Please help me decide out of this list of prospects I am able to get around my area.

Monopoly by Stern - $2800, No LEDS, Great shape, around my area
X-files by SEGA - $2399, Fully shopped with LEDS and a new cabinet in middle, kinda around my area
Hurricane by Williams - $2499, Fully shopped with LEDS, kinda around my area

Now, I already have a SEGA pin in the goldeneye and really would not like another one which puts the SEGA down in the list. Of course price is a factor, and how easy it would be to go and actually get the pin. Which one would hold up in time with price and what not. And most important... which would be more fun to you guys?

Out of these 3, which would you guys go for? Or, should I wait and look for other pins? Any insight would be excellent.

Oh and I left a pic of my Goldeneye if anyone would like to see. Fully shopped by my hand, Ugh!

IMG_9695.JPGIMG_9695.JPG
#2 9 years ago

monopoly is the best on your list at those prices.

#3 9 years ago

You think so Jdawg? Even without the LEDS? And do you think it's funner than the others?

#4 9 years ago

I wouldn't get any of those three. Goldeneye is a fun pin though.

#5 9 years ago

Why not bigdaddy? Just curious.

#6 9 years ago

I guess it's just personal preference. I just don't find them very enjoyable. Each one is a walk away on first game pin to me. For that price range I would look at JD, SG, SST, RFM, or T2.

#7 9 years ago

LED's add very little value to a machine if any at all. I like to do my own so i wont pay more for one that has LED's. And monopoly is the best game you have on the list by far. X-files was fun for a few games but i have heard it doesnt hold up long. Hurricane i dont care for.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Monopoly around my area
X-fileskinda around my area
Hurricane kinda around my area

wait for other machines...around your area

#9 9 years ago

For the same (or less) I'd rather have HSII, WCS94, JM, JD, Dr.Who, DM, WPT, BOP, T3, T2 or BSD.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. It looks like Monopoly is winning by far, and a lot of you just would wait for other pins.

Keep the suggestions coming, and thanks.

#11 9 years ago

Monopoly out of those 3, but they're all low on desirability and fun. I'd look for JD, JM, DM, FS, WPT, RS, or NF (or almost anything really in that range...Baywatch, JP, BF, the list goes on and on).

#12 9 years ago

Those prices are really high for so so pins, IMHO. $2500 for Hurricane? Ugh! I love Mono the theme, but the game plays slow and weird. I played X files last week and it played like "the pin" to me.

For under $2500 get WCS, HS2 and.......oh look at Astropin's list above. If you buy one off that list you will enjoy pinball more.

Put out a wanted add in the market place, perhaps?

#13 9 years ago

As others have said, LEDs do not add value
What you are looking for is the condition of the GAM

Wait for something better

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

LED's add very little value to a machine if any at all.

Yes LEDs are cheap and it is fun to do your own. I would not worry about the way it looks but the way it plays. When I first started collecting I wanted to buy everything close to me. Patience is very important, you live in a great area for pinball machines popping up for sale. I always recommend playing numerous games on a machine before buying. What is fun to some may not be fun to you. You may even want to save up a bit more and may want to check out a Spider-Man or Metallica Pro?

#15 9 years ago

Pm sent I have some pins u may be interested in and im pretty close

#16 9 years ago

I think that would be an excellent choice! Far and away better than any of the others you have listed.

BD.jpgBD.jpg

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Hello Pinsiders!
I am new to the site and I gotta say, this is awesome!
Anyways, let's cut to the chase. I have a SEGA Goldeneye pinball which I love, and I am now in the market on getting a new pin to compliment the Goldeneye, or just a new fun pin. Please help me decide out of this list of prospects I am able to get around my area.
Monopoly by Stern - $2800, No LEDS, Great shape, around my area
X-files by SEGA - $2399, Fully shopped with LEDS and a new cabinet in middle, kinda around my area
Hurricane by Williams - $2499, Fully shopped with LEDS, kinda around my area
Now, I already have a SEGA pin in the goldeneye and really would not like another one which puts the SEGA down in the list. Of course price is a factor, and how easy it would be to go and actually get the pin. Which one would hold up in time with price and what not. And most important... which would be more fun to you guys?
Out of these 3, which would you guys go for? Or, should I wait and look for other pins? Any insight would be excellent.
Oh and I left a pic of my Goldeneye if anyone would like to see. Fully shopped by my hand, Ugh!

IMG_9695.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Yea them prices are high i turned a nice 2k monopoly down few weeks ago definitely better pins for the money to bad im not a flipper jk but there are many other places to buy pins other than cl get a hold of me ill help u out bud im local and have some nice pins id possibly sell you

#18 9 years ago

Monopoly all day!!!!! its a great game!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-help-me-decide-which-new-pin-to-nab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.