Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3242 (resized).PNG
    1ERES APPARITIONS (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image-7_(resized).jpg
    ppe18_neontact5.JPG
    pinball_hercules_atari_1979_3.JPG
    Barracora_pf.jpg

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 5 years ago

The first machine with Zipper Flippers was Bally's 1966 Bazaar I believe

1 year later
    #302 4 years ago

List is for CPU controlled games... explained in post #1.

#303 4 years ago

First buy-in extra ball or similar? is black water 100
    First internet hook up? no good gofers (one game on test game had dial up I think no real internet stuff for the players) sharkey's shootout tournament edition had golden tee like dial up.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

First buy-in extra ball or similar? is black water 100
    First internet hook up? no good gofers (one game on test game had dial up I think no real internet stuff for the players) sharkey's shootout tournament edition had golden tee like dial up.

Stern informed me that Sharkey’s Tournament Edition was never created. I emailed Chas about it some months ago. What makes you think it had a dial up connection that was actually used?

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Stern informed me that Sharkey’s Tournament Edition was never created. I emailed Chas about it some months ago. What makes you think it had a dial up connection that was actually used?

maybe just testing only but it was marketed on the fliers so that may count for something.

#306 4 years ago

what about pinball 2000 for network Tournament play?

1 year later
    #307 2 years ago

Was Centaur the first to have a "live action" attract mode, where it fired balls into the playfield and self-played (without scoring and no flippers) ?

#308 2 years ago

Looking at OP I know it’s been almost 10 years…

First ball plunger triggered by player…there were a couple wedgehead where you hit the flipper to receive the ball into play. It came through between the flippers so I’m not sure if that counts but it is player controlled.

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Looking at OP I know it’s been almost 10 years…
    First ball plunger triggered by player…there were a couple wedgehead where you hit the flipper to receive the ball into play. It came through between the flippers so I’m not sure if that counts but it is player controlled.

This was also a feature on Williams Winner.

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Gtb. 'Just 21' had this feature. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1344

1 year later
    #311 1 year ago

This could really use an update.
    I noticed it had repeated “first multi-ball on plunge?” Spring Break is listed. It is repeated further down and says Blackwater 100.

Spring Break beat it by a year.

Also first message/game dedicated to a pinball great? I’m pretty sure Data East games have a few dedications. LW3 comes to mind featuring a dedication.

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-christmas-quiz-on-pinball-history/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.