Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stormtrooper-on-Centipede-at-SFGE-2014.jpg
    20140622_105618[1].jpg
    BarryOurslerTradingCard.png
    IMG_20140622_241503_015-758.jpg
    IMG_20140621_205725_205-441.jpg
    IMG_20140621_133424_248-403.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234253_258.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234246_532-163.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234212_088-629.jpg
    image-131.jpg
    image-712.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140622_114912.jpg
    IMG_20140621_144907.jpg
    20140622_102254.jpg
    20140620_195557.jpg
    There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 9 years ago

Great show! LOTS of machines! Played for hours and only had to wait to play a couple machines that are really popular and even then, only had to wait for one person to finish their game...

Nice meeting you Wolfmarch! That is one SWEET F-14 you have there!

Picked up some new glass for my old machines from Marco. Great show prices on leg bolts and such.

Learned that you really can't get the feel of a machine at a show like this. You need more game time that you just can't get with people in line behind you.

Loved the few games of Star Trek I played, not so much the Mustang and Iron Man games. But like I said, really can't tell without exploring the shots and rules more...

Surprised me how many machines had wimpy flippers. How can people play these at home that way???? Gameplay is so much more fun when the flipper has enough power to make the ramp shots!

#252 9 years ago

Did anyone spot Hooked and his Iron Man pop caps?

#253 9 years ago

I was told the low voltage due to everything being plugged into a few outlets was causing the flippers to be weaker than normal.
    Just got home, everyone who is traveling be careful. We passed 5 wrecks including the burnt shell of a bus, and 6 seperate storms with 2 of them so bad people were pulling over.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I was told the low voltage due to everything being plugged into a few outlets was causing the flippers to be weaker than normal.

Not sure that the power was low, I was there when they setup and that hotel had a serious power distribution system! In any event, I'm not complaining, I'm VERY thankful everyone brought their games out to let strangers play and enjoy them. Quite generous!

#255 9 years ago

My boys and I went on Friday thanks for everyone that brought games and the all the people behind the scenes that made this happen. We really had fun and we got to play some games we have never played before. We did not leave until 12am when they closed for the day.

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I saw you fixing F-14 but there were so many people around I didnt want to bother you to say hi. I will if I see you again. Lunch break at the burger bar then back to play a few more pins before heading home.
    Holy crap. 20% mandatory gratuity for filling up my drink once is a bit high for a dang buffet.

You should have interrupted me! I was fixing F-14 for like 3 hours. It took forever to nail down the exact issue. What I think happened was the EOS switch solder joints got pushed together somehow in the setup for the show, and the high power coil wasnt shutting off.

It heated the coil and eventually blew the fuse. I think it also damaged the coil because I got the EOS adjusted and put a new fuse in, but it kept binding. The coil had swollen and melted the sleeve to it. I got that all apart, but nobody here had the right flipper coil, so I dug one out of my "seconds" box and got it installed. That cleared everything up.

If you guys didn't come to SFGE you are missing a really good event. This group of people has really planned a great show and executed it well.

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Did anyone spot Hooked and his Iron Man pop caps?

Yeah man, hooked is walking around. His pop caps are over at the Laseriffic booth i think.

#258 9 years ago

Dammit I was by there for a while playing Tron and MM. Can someone take a picture of his IM caps? How do they look? The Laseriffic Toppers looked badass in person.

#259 9 years ago

Just getting home, fantastic show. My son and I was there and had a blast spending the whole day together.
    Thank you SFGE team for such a great show.

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Where is the Metallica with the headphone jack?

I had to cut a few games because I could only get 8 in the U-Haul. I left MET because I knew there would be several coming already. I need to get in a game on METLE tonight...

#261 9 years ago

Hooked's Mustang is the star of the show IMHO. I got an offer on my WW, and I'm really tempted to replace it with that Mustang.

#262 9 years ago

Hey wolfmarsh-

Saw you working on F-14 as well and didn't want to interrupt! Wish I would have - Next time I am in charleston I will look you up!

-Scott

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I had to cut a few games because I could only get 8 in the U-Haul. I left MET because I knew there would be several coming already. I need to get in a game on METLE tonight...

Oh ok. No biggy. It's just impossible to hear songs or call outs. Favorite pin for wife and I was the ACDC that had a headphone jack for she and I to share. Man what a great pin!

#264 9 years ago

I am guaranteed at least 1st or 2nd in A division Classics!

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Hooked's Mustang is the star of the show IMHO. I got an offer on my WW, and I'm really tempted to replace it with that Mustang.

Good choice. That one played smooth and looked great all Hooked out.

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from drscottsmith:

Hey wolfmarsh-
    Saw you working on F-14 as well and didn't want to interrupt! Wish I would have - Next time I am in charleston I will look you up!
    -Scott

I interrupted him, but I quickly let him get back to work.

#267 9 years ago

Great time today. Played many games for the first time.

Some IMMACULATE games I remember today .... Black Rose? A pirate game I think
    Flash Gordon ... it Looked like new! WOW! But why were the legs so high?

Quite a few others. Al Warner's BOP is almost better than perfect.

First time I played Avengers - both versions. Like 'em. Saw my first electronic pinball table the 42' LCD TV, interesting, but not parting with 5K for one.

Hmmmmm.

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I am guaranteed at least 1st or 2nd in A division Classics!

Awesome! Very good job!

Any idea if the qualifying results are posted anywhere?

Thanks!

#270 9 years ago

Fathom's sick - will try to get it well tomorrow morning.

#271 9 years ago

3rd try the charm perhaps. Final qualifying standings for "A" division. Brian Dye wins tie breaker for 16th spot.

Final.jpgFinal.jpg

#272 9 years ago
    Quoted from bobhvacguy:

Great time today. Played many games for the first time.
    Some IMMACULATE games I remember today .... Black Rose? A pirate game I think
    Flash Gordon ... it Looked like new! WOW! But why were the legs so high?
    Quite a few others. Al Warner's BOP is almost better than perfect.
    First time I played Avengers - both versions. Like 'em. Saw my first electronic pinball table the 42' LCD TV, interesting, but not parting with 5K for one.
    Hmmmmm.

I am IN LOVE with that Black Rose!

#273 9 years ago

First time playing The Twilight Zone. Man that was an awesome game.

#274 9 years ago

Anyone record any of the seminars?

#275 9 years ago

Expo was awesome! Played Avengers for the first time and really enjoyed it! Mustang, not so much.

Met some familiar faces and got some killer deals at Marco.

I didn't catch the name of the guy who kicked my ass in Iron man.

#276 9 years ago

Everyone should bother me! I don't bite.

Still got NASCAR for sale too. I dropped the price to $1800 hoping to not have to take it home.

If anyone in the Atlanta area wants it, now's your chance. Text me at 843-860-8260

#277 9 years ago

Great show today!

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

Great show today!

Agreed! It was nice to meet you.

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

First time playing The Twilight Zone. Man that was an awesome game.

Twilight Zone certainly is an awesome game

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Twilight Zone certainly is an awesome game

We bought a TZ a few months ago that needs some work. My husband had a blast playing yours! I think it may have inspired him to get the ball rolling on that one (seriously...is there ever enough time in the day???). Thanks for bringing it out!

#281 9 years ago

So busy working on machines, scorekeeping in the tournament (and not playing very well) that I haven't seen or thought to look for pinsiders. If you saw me fixing the Diner a few times, that was me. Still need to play the BR and TZ nearby. A friend came by yesterday and found her favorite game was Big Buck Hunter Pro!

Fantastic show, we are wiped out after just a couple days and one to go. Blondetall, must have missed you, glad you made it home safely.

Got a Meteor for sale, if anyone is interested, make me an offer, like Wolfmarsh, my space is limited.

#282 9 years ago

For any SS fans out there or specifically Firepower fans, don't miss checking out the NEW Firepower thats tucked in the corner to the left of the stage in the back room. All digital back glass, looks like a new CPR playfield and all new electronics and sounds. Someone spent a lot of hours building that that machine and it is beautiful (not my thing though, I'm more of a stock guys).

Sorry I missed you Shimoda (I bought the F-14 from you months ago).

#283 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

... I haven't seen or thought to look for pinsiders. ....

I've only meet 1 pinsider, Flake. Nice to play your beautiful FH! If I meet one of you and didn't make the name to pinside connection, please tell me...

Quoted from carmour:

We bought a TZ a few months ago that needs some work. My husband had a blast playing yours! I think it may have inspired him to get the ball rolling on that one (seriously...is there ever enough time in the day???). Thanks for bringing it out!

You are very welcome. And a big thanks to all the other pinsiders that provided games!

#284 9 years ago

Great event! Got to play on almost every machine. Agreed that Flash Gordon was really impressive but disappointing that the flippers didn't have enough umph to get back to the upper pf. Didn't get to talk to Wolfmarsh as he was in the middle of selling his Nascar when I saw him (which played great even though I'm not a fan if the theme). His F14 was gorgeous and played great (I was inches from getting my initials in that one in my first game). Marcos had a great setup... brought some nice new Sterns and I got to pay Star Trek and Transformers for the first time. Glad I took the weekend off of work and made the drive to Atlanta! the organizers, volunteers and enthusiasts made this an event to be proud of.

IMG_20140622_160918.jpgIMG_20140622_160918.jpg 20140621_134110.jpg20140621_134110.jpg 20140620_195557.jpg20140620_195557.jpg 20140622_102254.jpg20140622_102254.jpg IMG_20140621_144907.jpgIMG_20140621_144907.jpg
    #285 9 years ago

I so badly wanted to play the Star Wars pin used in the tournament last night but that line was crazy. Still want to play a JM and Avatar. Hell several games still on my list. Good times

#286 9 years ago

Well that was just too much fun! I'm pooped!

It was lovely to meet those of you I got a chance to say hi to (altan, wolfmarsh, shimoda), always good to put names with faces. Thank you to everyone who brought machines, I finally got to enjoy so many i'd only seen pictures of!

Now to spend next week fixing all the bandaid repairs I had to make on our machines this weekend.

#287 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

Great show today!

Nice to see you again! I'm glad my game went to a good home!

#288 9 years ago

Magic-mike, wish I would have finally met. Flake, glad to meet you and yours, I can take those band-aids off your hands... altan, also wanted to meet.

My wife played probably 70 pins, all day every day. She expected to play an hour or two all weekend but got hooked. It was truly an awesome expo. Great job to the organizers.

#289 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Magic-mike, wish I would have finally met. Flake, glad to meet you and yours, I can take those band-aids off your hands... altan, also wanted to meet.
    My wife played probably 70 pins, all day every day. She expected to play an hour or two all weekend but got hooked. It was truly an awesome expo. Great job to the organizers.

Sorry, we didn't get to meet! Maybe next time!

Honestly, the pinball line up was so awesome, I didn't see anybody standing around talking!

The organizers really knocked this one out the park for their initial show! Good job guys!

#290 9 years ago

There were more women and children there than I was expecting, and everyone looked to be having a good time. I met up with (or was discovered by) about 5 Pinsiders, and probably walked by plenty more and didn't know it. I need to make friends with you Atlanta guys because you've got some great pins down there.

I went to the ATL Pin Swap last year and to the Southern Pinball Festival in Orlando in 2012, and so far this was the biggest turnout of people and games that I have seen. I didn't play as much as I wanted to, but we had to be back home the same day in factor 5 hours of driving time. Hopefully next year we can plan to maybe stay the night and not be as exhausted. A huge thanks and congrats to the organizers for pulling it off and having a wonderful event!

#291 9 years ago

Nice to meet a few local collectors and those that traveled from out of town like myself.

I'll be posting some of my videos in this thread as it's quite lively in here...

#292 9 years ago

Just got home. Had a great time. Plenty of familiar faces and lots of new ones.

Both my games ended up selling, and I brought home a Starship Troopers and bartop arcade kit. The couple that own MonsterArcades.com set me up with a great package to get me started on the bartop. I recommend looking at their site if you want to do a custom arcade setup. The price on the cabs may seem higher at first, but once you get into the details you can see why. They saved me many hours of woodwork and design.

Titan Pinball also had some great products, I look forward to some of the new stuff he was showing us.

All in all, everyone at the show was really great, and the organizers did a great job. They said they had a couple snafus, but I didn't notice them. BadBrick and I only left the hotel twice in the ~72 hours we were there, and one of those was to go buy Legos.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

#293 9 years ago

I echo everyone's praises here! The SFGE was completely kickass. If I were a complete outsider, I wouldn't have known that this was their first year at all. The SFGE team really pulled off a great expo, they got a great venue, and FILLED the venue with kickass games, events and speakers.

Again, only left the hotel once all weekend to take a break from all the action and sit down to get some food.

My hats off to them, and we'll definitely be going again next year!

20140622_114912.jpg20140622_114912.jpg

#294 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Both my games ended up selling, and I brought home a Starship Troopers and bartop arcade kit. The couple that own MonsterArcades.com set me up with a great package to get me started on the bartop. I recommend looking at their site if you want to do a custom arcade setup. The price on the cabs may seem higher at first, but once you get into the details you can see why. They saved me many hours of woodwork and design.
    Titan Pinball also had some great products, I look forward to some of the new stuff he was showing us.
    All in all, everyone at the show was really great, and the organizers did a great job. They said they had a couple snafus, but I didn't notice them. BadBrick and I only left the hotel twice in the ~72 hours we were there, and one of those was to go buy Legos.

Congrats on the SST I really enjoyed playing that one. A couple minor fixes and it will play great, it has a flakey switch or 2 in the trough and the saucer on the left needed some work. I'm on the lookout for one now.

#295 9 years ago

And to echo other responses here. It was a fantastic show, a big thanks to everyone involved. My wife had a blast and she barely plays pinball at home. Here's a few pictures, me and my wife and some pinball celebrities at the show. image-131.jpgimage-131.jpgimage-712.jpgimage-712.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#296 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

SST is a blast! that SST needed a little work (allign the small flipper and the vuk on the left but Great condition!)

#297 9 years ago

Who else enjoyed Big Bang Bar there???

Thanks again to David Shields of Flippers Arcade for bringing it!

http://www.flippersarcade.com
    &
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flippers-Variety-Arcade/216540371746349

#298 9 years ago

This weekend was an absolute blast; Preston & Co just simply kicked ass with the prep, setup, and execution of the event.

Hope all who came enjoyed themselves (and enjoyed playing Scared Stiff)

#299 9 years ago

Footage from the Friday night after party!

#300 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

SST is a blast! that SST needed a little work (allign the small flipper and the vuk on the left but Great condition!)

I'll give it some TLC and have it 100% shortly. I'm sitting here staring at it, but I'm too tired to even put the legs on right now, lol.

There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-at-southern-fried-gameroom-expo/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.