Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stormtrooper-on-Centipede-at-SFGE-2014.jpg
    20140622_105618[1].jpg
    BarryOurslerTradingCard.png
    IMG_20140622_241503_015-758.jpg
    IMG_20140621_205725_205-441.jpg
    IMG_20140621_133424_248-403.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234253_258.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234246_532-163.jpg
    IMG_20140620_234212_088-629.jpg
    image-131.jpg
    image-712.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140622_114912.jpg
    IMG_20140621_144907.jpg
    20140622_102254.jpg
    20140620_195557.jpg
    There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 9 years ago

I will be there all weekend. I was surprised to see the room rates are much cheaper then they were at MGC in Milwaukee. This looks like a much nicer hotel. Really looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

#102 9 years ago

Can someone post a link to the hotel?
    Thanks!

#103 9 years ago

Here's the reservation link to the hotel, with photos and a link to more pictures. Recently renovated and is really nice. Only $89 a night through this link.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlne-atlanta-marriott-century-center-emory-area/?toDate=6/22/14&groupCode=SOUSOUA&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=6/20/14&app=resvlink

#104 9 years ago

Yeah, I was surprised it was only $89 a night. Their new lobby looks like a great place to sit around and chat with some drinks.

#105 9 years ago

Hi,
    What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport without renting a car?
    I thought I read something about taking a train to the hotel shuttle, but now I can't find the post.
    I would need to know what time the trains & shuttles run too if anyone has that information.

Also, I am leaving on Monday and unfortunately the group rate for the hotel does not extend to Monday and will show no rooms available if you try to use the group code including a Sunday night stay. Just an FYI to anyone else that still needs to book. The $89 rate shows up just fine if you book Fri/Sat nights. I called Marriott for help to book Sunday night and the lady was less than helpful because she wasn't even showing Fri/Sat nights at the group rate only one of them. So, book online via the link from the show page. The lady I got was a random person via Marriott and unfortunately not someone at the actual Hotel where the event is being held.

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

Hi,
    What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport without renting a car?
    I thought I read something about taking a train to the hotel shuttle, but now I can't find the post.
    I would need to know what time the trains & shuttles run too if anyone has that information.
    Also, I am leaving on Monday and unfortunately the group rate for the hotel does not extend to Monday and will show no rooms available if you try to use the group code including a Sunday night stay. Just an FYI to anyone else that still needs to book. The $89 rate shows up just fine if you book Fri/Sat nights. I called Marriott for help to book Sunday night and the lady was less than helpful because she wasn't even showing Fri/Sat nights at the group rate only one of them. So, book online via the link from the show page. The lady I got was a random person via Marriott and unfortunately not someone at the actual Hotel where the event is being held.

This might help you.

http://www.itsmarta.com/airport.aspx

#107 9 years ago

Ok, I called back after getting a confirmation for the first 2 nights and just had them extend my stay an extra night and they did it at the $89 rate.
    Maybe that info will help someone else.

#108 9 years ago

Thanks for the link to Marta!

#109 9 years ago

Ok, sounds like I need to take the Train Gold Line to Brookhaven for $2.50 and then the Hotel shuttle runs there from 7AM-10PM I think.

#110 9 years ago

Hi Skulz,

Yes, all you need to do is ride the Gold line marta to the Brookhaven Station, call the Marriott and they will pick you up between 7am and 10pm. Glad to hear you're coming! Safe travels!

#111 9 years ago

I'm looking forward to it. The list of games on freeplay is getting impressive.

#112 9 years ago

I'm also curious to know if any vendors are going to be set up to sell stuff like LEDs, rubbers, etc.... I'll bring a lot less parts with me if there will be someone there. It would also obviously be nice to blow some cash on fun pinball stuff.

I see Marco is a sponsor, are they going to have their big booth there, or just sending stuff for giveaways?

#113 9 years ago

Yes! Marco is bringing the big booth!

http://www.titanpinball.com should have a good assortment of pinball parts also.

and of course http://rottendog.us will have a good selection of their boards, too.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

http://www.titanpinball.com should have a good assortment of pinball parts also.

and of course http://rottendog.us will have a good selection of their boards, too.

Great to hear! Thanks for the update Joel.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Awesome!! Can't wait!

#116 9 years ago

Billy Mitchell...........really................forget it..............

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Billy Mitchell...........really................forget it..............

that the only thing that bothers you? What about the tournaments, vendors, movie screenings, seminars and tons of free play games?? Monster Energy drink, Microsoft, Playstation and all the other great things they have at this expo?

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sc1f1:

that the only thing that bothers you? What about the tournaments, vendors, movie screenings, seminars and tons of free play games?? Monster Energy drink, Microsoft, Playstation and all the other great things they have at this expo?

Not only that, but you don't have to like the guy to see there is fun in seeing him/taking a pic with him.

Don't come if you couldn't find a way to enjoy the hell out of this event... Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

#119 9 years ago

For those interested, we had Marriott add a few more group rate rooms to Sunday night. Go ahead and book 'em while they last, at the current rate, we will sell out of the weekend group rate rooms.

Do it, or you'll anger Billy Mitchell, and NOBODY wants to see Billy angry!

RegularShow-BillyMitchell-620x.jpgRegularShow-BillyMitchell-620x.jpg

#120 9 years ago

I'll be there! Just signed up!

#121 9 years ago

We had a great reception for our Pins and Vids at MomoCon 2014 last weekend.
    One kid might've been a little young for AC/DC, but seemed to be having fun anyway.

Make sure you get your discounted 3-Day Passes before May 30th to get in on our discounted admission rate
    of just $35!

http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/index.php/registration/

only 23 days to go - we'll see you in Atlanta.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

only 23 days to go - we'll see you in Atlanta.

I'm stoked.

I wish I had enough Spaceballs stuff to bring and get some opinions on. Maybe next year.

#123 9 years ago

I ordered some non-pinball stuff (I'm sorry...) and I got this along with the order...

Good advertising!

IMG_3861.jpgIMG_3861.jpg
    #124 9 years ago

Arcadeshop.com is a great company ---
    and our newest vendor, announced today.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Arcadeshop.com is a great company ---
    and our newest vendor, announced today.

I miss seeing Steve at the game and pin auctions and his nice booth.

#126 9 years ago

Hey folks, yesterday was the last day for the discounted 3 day pass. I only plan on going on Saturday, with a small, small chance we will make it in time on Friday night. The only way (at least that I know of) to preorder your tickets is by buying a 3 day pass. Do I need to be concerned that it will sell out?

Would hate to get there and be out of luck.....

Post edited by rustybomber79: found new info after original post

#127 9 years ago

I kept looking and could only find pre-pay for the 3 days and am only going on Saturday also. I didn't consider a sold out option, but hopefully someone can clarify.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from rustybomber79:

Hey folks, it's the last day for the 3 day pass. I only plan on going on Saturday, with a small, small chance we will make it in time on Friday night. The only way (at least that I know of) to preorder your tickets is by buying a 3 day pass. Do I need to be concerned that it will sell out?
    Would hate to get there and be out of luck.....

Hey Guys. Nope we're not sold out. Plenty of room left at the show. Single day passes are only sold at the door.

Looking forward to seeing everybody.

#129 9 years ago

I will be delivering the DE Star Wars for the Star Wars tourney. May also have a GnR there for sale or trade.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.

#130 9 years ago

The GnR will definitely sell. So many people seem to be looking for one. I'm still not selling mine....

Hard to find for the best reason - it is so awesome that owners don't want to sell...my dark horse/underrated pin for the all time top 5 pins.

Welcome to the Jungle! (Otherwise known as the ATL perimeter during rush hour).

#131 9 years ago

Will be in attendance; even if it is hotlanta

#132 9 years ago

It's full of pins!!! (Soon)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#133 9 years ago

I'll be there , with my hot pink Rollergames see y'all there ...

#134 9 years ago

I'm trying to convince the wife to go. If I make it, I'll be wearing some Iron Man apparel. Can't wait to see and play some games! I plan on bringing some cash so you never know. Maybe we will find a pin my wife falls in love with. I wonder if there is a list of games female pinheads gravitate towards.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm trying to convince the wife to go. If I make it, I'll be wearing some Iron Man apparel. Can't wait to see and play some games! I plan on bringing some cash so you never know. Maybe we will find a pin my wife falls in love with. I wonder if there is a list of games female pinheads gravitate towards.

Don't tell me you are looking to buy a second IM! Hope to see you there.

#136 9 years ago

Hope to meet you, Altan. I own T2 and WCS, like you do? What are the odds!

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Don't tell me you are looking to buy a second IM! Hope to see you there.

I know I sound crazy but yes the thought has crossed my mind to buy another IM just to hoard. Scary.

Honestly I wish the wife was into this half what I am, would be awesome. I'm sure most of us have similar complaints. I just read her the entire list of abbreviated games asking her which ones struck her curiosity and only two, POTC and Super Mario Bros. But it was only mild, lukewarm curiosity. Dammit!!

#138 9 years ago

How's the WCS treating you Greg?

I never knew it enough to miss it....

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Honestly I wish the wife was into this half what I am, would be awesome.

Careful what you wish for. I am into the hobby more than my husband and currently actively shopping for pins before expo even starts. His response is "Well, we haven't bought one yet this year so I guess it is about time for another one." Bwahaha! I played all 7 of ours tonight, put LEDs and shopped out RFM yesterday, and last weekend tore apart the EM and shopped/waxed it. Now all mine are fixed up and pretty, so I need a new project here. Plus I will be making shopping lists for stuff I need for our 7 and my parents' 3 to shop for at expo. I am about to get real expensive real fast.

#140 9 years ago

I just got WCS down in the basement today. Will clean it up this week. Thanks Dave.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Careful what you wish for. I am into the hobby more than my husband and currently actively shopping for pins before expo even starts. His response is "Well, we haven't bought one yet this year so I guess it is about time for another one." Bwahaha! I played all 7 of ours tonight, put LEDs and shopped out RFM yesterday, and last weekend tore apart the EM and shopped/waxed it. Now all mine are fixed up and pretty, so I need a new project here. Plus I will be making shopping lists for stuff I need for our 7 and my parents' 3 to shop for at expo. I am about to get real expensive real fast.

You had me at careful....

#142 9 years ago

I will be there as well. Really looking forward to meeting some fellow Pinsiders and getting to game for 3 solid days!

#143 9 years ago

Just signed up and got the last booth. I look forward to meeting all of you, stop by my booth I will be raffling off either a ToM Topper or a AC/DC Train Topper .

Joe

#144 9 years ago

I will just be there Saturday but I am going to make the most of it!!

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Just signed up and got the last booth. I look forward to meeting all of you, stop by my booth I will be raffling off either a ToM Topper or a AC/DC Train Topper .
    Joe

Very cool, thanks for coming down!

ACDC train topper, you say...
    hmmmmmmm...

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

ACDC train topper, you say...
    hmmmmmmm...

Ok then it's the Train Topper. Free to enter just put your name in the jar.

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Ok then it's the Train Topper. Free to enter just put your name in the jar.

I'll stop by and say hey for sure, and enter the raffle too.

#148 9 years ago

I ll be there ,,,posted in the hotel reservations thread ,,ups ,,,but this is the right one !!!!

#149 9 years ago

Booked the hotel and got the weekend off. Cant wait.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

Booked the hotel and got the weekend off. Cant wait.

I'm originally from High Point.

There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-at-southern-fried-gameroom-expo/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.