(Topic ID: 67872)

Pinsider meet up at the Pacific pinball museum-- No need to RSVP just show up!

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Final ID badge.jpg
    surfchamp_1web.jpg
    web 60spins1.jpg
    webacdcetal.jpg
    ppmwebfront1.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Another place for you to check out is ,Playland Not At The Beach in El Cerrito...

its on my list. I get email updates from them. we should have the next outing there.

#52 10 years ago

Ok guys, Id badges are ready! Showing you the front and the back. They will be available at the front desk on Saturday. Please don't feel that you need to RSVP anymore, or that you cant come if you did not. Just show up ready to play some pinball! These are laminated and will have a lanyard already attached. I will provide permanent markers so you can write in your names. Hope to see you there!

Final ID badge.jpgFinal ID badge.jpg

#53 10 years ago

Wow - nice work! Thank you for setting this up.

#54 10 years ago

I'm planning to come by for an hour or 2; may come late and leave early...that's my usual plan.

Robert

#55 10 years ago

Steve can I get gold glitter on mine? Thx.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Steve can I get gold glitter on mine? Thx

ha! I will see if I can find my wife's bedazzeler.

#57 10 years ago

2 days and a wake up for pinside/pinball/ppm awesomeness.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

also a great time, maybe we will have the next one there.

For those of you who have never been to Playland, you should really check it out, particularly if you have kids. Playland has a lot more than just Pinball. Super cool place.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you who have never been to Playland, you should really check it out, particularly if you have kids. Playland has a lot more than just Pinball. Super cool place.

It's on my to do list. The problem is once I get there I will most likely never want to leave.

#60 10 years ago

Work day bump.

#61 10 years ago

It looks like I'm in

#63 10 years ago

My son's soccer schedule means I might not arrive until about 4PM. Hope some of you guys will still be there!

#64 10 years ago

Turns out I have to loads some games in the am.still iffy if I can make it.Im bummed

#65 10 years ago

So, I just heard back from Michael Scheiss executive director at PPM and turns out there is a very good chance he will be around tomorrow. So right now the personal tour of the museum is back on! I am unsure what time he will be doing it at, but should be somewhere in the time frame of 12pm to 4pm that we have scheduled. This will be a great opportunity to hear from the man himself the history behind the museum, the inner workings, and what they have planned for the future!

Also, a big thanks to Pinsides own Jonnyo for giving our meet up a post on his website! You can see it here:
    http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/11/05/pinside-and-bay-area-collector-meetup-at-ppm/
    If you have not ever seen his website before its a lot of fun. Get an email subscription to it so you can find out when local tournaments are happening, see funny videos, read old newspaper articles and such all about pinball.

ID badges will be there. I will figure out when I get there if there is a spot for them up front, I would just ask whoever is behind the desk as I will be discussing it with them.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

#66 10 years ago

I don't know about you, but after the day I had at work a day of pinball is just what I need.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I don't know about you, but after the day I had at work a day of pinball is just what I need.

+1 my whole week has been crazy. t minus 17 hours and counting. see you all there.

#68 10 years ago

Camping trip cancelled, so i will be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone. My "Buy or sell a house, get a pin!" offer has no expiration, so feel free to hit me up for a business card.

#69 10 years ago

^^ awesome, will be great to meet you!

#70 10 years ago

Bump...See you later!

#71 10 years ago

I'd badges on the counter to the right when you walk in!

#72 10 years ago

Have to miss this event...dangit!Thanks for organizing.

tim

#73 10 years ago

It was great to meet some local Pinsiders and play some great pinball. Thanks again for putting this together Steve! I look forward to the next one.

#74 10 years ago

I just got home from the meet up. Wow! What a great time. It was great to meet all of you. A big thanks to Steve for setting this up. Also a big thank you to Michael at ppm for the great history lesson and tour. We have to do this a couple times a year. I brought a friend and he already wants to do it again.i could barely pull him off ac/dc. Thanks Steve and a big thumbs up.

#75 10 years ago

I really wanted to go to this but just my luck I've come down my annual November cold. Sounds like it was a fun time.

#76 10 years ago

Wonderful time at PPM thanks to Steve! Quite the history lesson from Michael, from the very early era pins, wood rails and wedge heads. Had the pleasure also to talk with Larry who explained in detail the many Gottlieb games he has to share at PPM.

Also, best wishes to The Carnegie Campaign, thoughtful plans for a great cause and hobby!

Nice to meet some of you in person, looking forward to the next outing!

#77 10 years ago

Good times. It was awesome to meet y'all.

Additionally, I finally defeated my wife at Fireball. YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

#78 10 years ago

Sucks I missed it.Didn't finish moving games until almost 7pm.Hope another one is in the near future.did anyone get a group shot

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Wonderful time at PPM thanks to Steve! Quite the history lesson from Michael, from the very early era pins, wood rails and wedge heads. Had the pleasure also to talk with Larry who explained in detail the many Gottlieb games he has to share at PPM

Larry was great. He came up and explained the objectives of Slick Chick while I was playing and I was hooked. Played a lot more after I knew the depth of scoring! So glad I caught Michael's talk half way through. Very grateful for an awesome pinball afternoon.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Sucks I missed it.Didn't finish moving games until almost 7pm.Hope another one is in the near future.did anyone get a group shot

no group shot. I thought of getting one but in between playing, talking with the others and running to put more money in the meter I just forgot. a good time was had by all. you have to make the next one. hopefully it will be after the new year but before pagg.

#81 10 years ago

Had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks Steve for setting this up and for the cool ID badges!

#82 10 years ago

I had a really great time as well. I am pretty sure I did way more chatting with people that actually playing pinball! Michaels history talk was excellent, but we all really need to thank Jonnyo for that. He got me in touch with Michael in the first place, thanks jonnyo! It was really great meeting all of you, after all of the holidays die down we will have to do it again.

#83 10 years ago

My son Matthew and I had a great time - arrived after 4PM so missed Michael's talk/tour, but had a lot of fun playing AC/DC for the first time with MrGone and a few other guys. It was an excellent way for Matthew to see what great, friendly people other pinball players are.

Then I took him to Hi Life Pizza for some dinner and desert ( = Stern Trek)...

Thanks Steve!

#84 10 years ago

your son is an amazing player. I really enjoyed the time on ac/dc. we have to do this again soon. and big thanks to johnnyo. sorry you were down with the cold bug.

#85 10 years ago

Really no bother at all. I just connected the two. And Michael really likes doing this sort of thing. He *wants* you to ask him art/history/tech questions.

Sucks to have missed it. Had to miss a pinball party in the evening as well. I could have popped some meds and made it out but I don't want to get anyone else sick. I stayed home and played video games.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-meet-up-at-the-pacific-pinball-museum-rsvp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.