(Topic ID: 67872)

Pinsider meet up at the Pacific pinball museum-- No need to RSVP just show up!

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Final ID badge.jpg
    surfchamp_1web.jpg
    web 60spins1.jpg
    webacdcetal.jpg
    ppmwebfront1.jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Hey everyone!

In case you have not heard we are having a little informal meet up at the Pacific Pinball Museum! Nothing fancy just come if you can. I am trying to get a rough head count for ID badges I will provide and for something else I will disclose soon. Please let me know if you are 90% sure you are coming, if you are bringing anyone, and will be there at the start. Also rsvp if you are a maybe.

The specifics

When: Saturday Nov 9th

Time: 12pm - 4pm (of course feel free to come earlier or stay later, I set that time as a target so we can all be there roughly around the same time.

Where: The Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda http://pacificpinball.org/

Hope to see you there!

ppmwebfront1.jpgppmwebfront1.jpg
    webacdcetal.jpgwebacdcetal.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I'm a maybe - trying to make it happen

#3 10 years ago

I'll be there.

#4 10 years ago

I'll be there at 12 noon, give or take 30 mins. Oh yeeeeeeeah!

-Ryan

#5 10 years ago

I should be there for a few hours between 12 and 4 - look forward to meeting everyone!

#6 10 years ago

Excellent! Keep the RSVPs coming!

#7 10 years ago

I'll be there. YA TA!

#8 10 years ago

Evening bump, will be bumping this periodically so everyone can see it.

#9 10 years ago

Count me in.

#10 10 years ago

I work Saturdays , otherwise I would go . I try to support PPM as
    much as possible.

#13 10 years ago

I'm out

Maui bound

#14 10 years ago

im in and will drive. if anyone in sacramento wants to ride with me I can take 3 people in comfort. 4 if someone wants to sqeeze in the middle of the back seat and 5 if someone wants to sit in the middle seat in front. im driving the wife's Taurus. ROAD TRIP! see you there.

#15 10 years ago

My wife and I will be there.

#16 10 years ago

I'm in. If anything changes I will make sure to post here. Thanks for setting this up Steve such a great idea!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I'm out

Maui bound

bummed for myself, happy for you!

Quoted from mrgone:

m in and will drive. if anyone in sacramento wants to ride with me I can take 3 people in comfort. 4 if someone wants to sqeeze in the middle of the back seat and 5 if someone wants to sit in the middle seat in front. im driving the wife's Taurus. ROAD TRIP! see you there.

Rolling deep!

Quoted from daley:

My wife and I will be there.

Awesome, more the merrier.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm in. If anything changes I will make sure to post here. Thanks for setting this up Steve such a great idea!

Will be good to see you again!

#18 10 years ago

I'll be there with my wife.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ilthuain:

I'll be there with my wife.

Great! Seems like a lot wives are coming, maybe I need to convince mine.

#20 10 years ago

I will most likely be there. If so, I'll be bringing my pinhead Dad who will be visiting from NJ. My wife wants to go too but someone's got to watch our infant and toddler

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

My wife wants to go too but someone's got to watch our infant and toddler

This is why my wife will most likely not be there. I only have a toddler though. More power to you, an infant AND a toddler. You must really never sleep!

#22 10 years ago

14 yes and 1 maybe so far, gonna be a good turnout!

#23 10 years ago

Thanks for all your work on this. I'm hoping to make it but am a maybe at this point. Will let you know as it gets closer.

#25 10 years ago

only two weeks until the ppm meet up!

#26 10 years ago

I will be there Steve. This is going to be epic

#27 10 years ago

Excellent! We are really gonna pack this place.

#28 10 years ago

I am 90% going to attend this! I have been in the Bay Area for 5 years and still haven't made the pilgrimage up to the PPM. Can't wait to see it!

Marc

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

I am 90% going to attend this! I have been in the Bay Area for 5 years and still haven't made the pilgrimage up to the PPM. Can't wait to see it!

Marc

Now is the time to check it out!

#30 10 years ago

Hi everyone. I am very excited to announce that we have a great opportunity at our meet up. Michael Schiess the founder and director of the museum has agreed to give us a personally guided walkthrough of the museum! He is going to give us a little history lesson, peek behind the scenes, and tell us about the future of the museum! I think this is a great opportunity you normally would not get, and a chance to ask questions to the man himself! This will probably happen around 1pm, of course you are not required to go on the walkthrough but I hope that many of us will take this unique opportunity.

web 60spins1.jpgweb 60spins1.jpg surfchamp_1web.jpgsurfchamp_1web.jpg
    #31 10 years ago

that is completely freakin awesome! thank you for setting this up Steve.

#32 10 years ago

I'll be there.....with the wife.

Keith

#33 10 years ago

Make a video & post up ,(if Michael S. doesn't mind) of the tour.

#34 10 years ago

Wife and I will be attending. looking forward to it, thanks for putting this together Steve!

Nick

#35 10 years ago

We should all head over to the Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge afterwards. They open at 5pm.
    http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Make a video & post up ,(if Michael S. doesn't mind) of the tour.

I'll see what I can do. I don't know how structured Mike plans it to be. Might not be a good candidate for recording.

Also, if the museum is busy, it can get quite LOUD, and I don't have fancy pants audio recording equipment.

#37 10 years ago

Steve, thanks for putting this together, sounds great! Hopefully I will be able to attend. My daughter has club volleyball try outs that could potentially interfere. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

#38 10 years ago

bumpin it sunday.

#39 10 years ago

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond anyones control Michael Schiess says that he will be unable to attend our meet up and give a tour. Sorry to everyone! There is no reason we won't still have a great time anyway the pinball machines will still be there!

#41 10 years ago

Id badges being printed! They are going to look great! I will have them available for you guys at the front, I think there is a spot for flyers, I will talk to whoever is working the front that day and have them direct you to them. I will post a pic so you can see what they look like once they are ready.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Id badges being printed! They are going to look great!

That's so cool - thanks for pulling this together!

#43 10 years ago

1 week to go. very excited. thank you steve for all you have done to put this together.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

1 week to go. very excited. thank you steve for all you have done to put this together.

Yes! Very excited as well! A little bummed that the special stuff I was trying to throw together did not work out, but the whole point is to meet and play pinball anyway, and that we will do!

Wanted to laminate the id badges today but had no time at work, but they will be there.

#45 10 years ago

It will be interesting to finally put real faces with avatar images. Mine is actually me, but l met The Dude Abides a few weeks back by total chance out playing the new Star Trek Pro over at high life pizza, and it totally threw me off that he was not some dude with scraggily hair in his 50's wearing a bathrobe.

#46 10 years ago

6 days and a wake up. its getting close. oh, morning bump.

#47 10 years ago

I am pretty sure mr. gone is the most excited about this!

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I am pretty sure mr. gone is the most excited about this!

yup, its pinball man. I have not yet been to ppm. so this will be a ton of fun.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

yup, its pinball man. I have not yet been to ppm. so this will be a ton of fun.

Another place for you to check out is ,Playland Not At The Beach in El Cerrito...

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Another place for you to check out is ,Playland Not At The Beach in El Cerrito...

also a great time, maybe we will have the next one there.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-meet-up-at-the-pacific-pinball-museum-rsvp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.