6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gambit3113
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140328_153648.jpg
    secret-mtg_spot-Get_Smart_-1965.jpg
    get_smart-codenames-n-codewords.jpg
    IMG_6549.JPG
    image.jpg
    pledge_pin-Neidermeyer-isabully.jpg
    Sp_Ed-CrankYankers-num2.jpg

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

#2 6 years ago

I already met you a couple weeks ago

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

In... My first TPF and DFW stupid so don't have suggestions..

#7 6 years ago

I'll be in the tourney area all weekend pretty much, unless I fail to qualify for any finals. LOL.

#8 6 years ago

There's no schedule posted yet ( http://texaspinball.com/tpf/events/events-pending/ ) so I don't know when I'd suggest a meet and greet. Friday evening is when it was held last year, iirc. I know the swap meet is early Saturday morning and the kids' tournament is normally around Saturday lunch time-ish.

I like the badge idea. We'll be walking around all weekend with the TPF badges anyways, I wonder if we could figure out a way to have one hang underneath it so that it would show visibly as well.

#9 6 years ago

I'm cool with wearing a badge or button of some kind. Can we get permission from this site for use of the Pinside logo and maybe get a batch of pin buttons made?

#10 6 years ago

I'll be there.

Look for me. I'll be wearing my "I pooped today!" t-shirt

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I'll be there.
    Look for me. I'll be wearing my "I pooped today!" t-shirt

hassellcastle,

Will you also be wearing a helmet at TPF-2014?
    ...and randomly hollering things like: Yay! I like pinball, I like pinball!
    Sp_Ed-CrankYankers-num2.jpg

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from BooyaNY:

I'm cool with wearing a badge or button of some kind. Can we get permission from this site for use of the Pinside logo and maybe get a batch of pin buttons made?

I'm ok with writing something on our TPF badges that also indicates our online Pinside name, but I'm not wearing a special button.
    pledge_pin-Neidermeyer-isabully.jpg

#13 6 years ago

We should knudge our organizers to have a Pinside special hour after or before the show starts on Friday.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

We should knudge our organizers to have a Pinside special hour after or before the show starts on Friday.

Not before, I've got plenty to deal with and would rather not have to fend off players while we are making last minute adjustments. After would be cool though.

#15 6 years ago

Marc - wasn't implying the organizers should "run" the event.
    I was thinking something like the "exhibitor"-after-hours party... but on Friday.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from BooyaNY:

Why not use the ones I made? If you read through the thread part of the deal was I made a TON of these and I will send them to you for free to use! The only stipulations I made were that you are not allowed to sell them, they must be free, and I cannot provide lanyards, you must provide those yourself. They are predrilled and laminated so a lanyard (or shoelace etc..) and a marker for writing names is all you will need. If someone wants to take the lead on this send me a PM with your address and I will get you some. Try and figure out a rough estimate for how many people you think from pinside are coming.

#17 6 years ago

Here is what the lanyard/badges have looked like in the past. It would be cool if we could get something to hang behind it that would be legible. image.jpg

#18 6 years ago

Those are great practicalsteve.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Those are great practicalsteve.

Thanks! A lot of credit goes to the gentleman that helped me design it, he is in the thread and his name escapes me at the moment.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

If you read through the thread part of the deal was I made a TON of these and I will send them to you for free to use!

I'll pick up the ball on this if people like. Need a head count. Soundoff!

#21 6 years ago

Right here.

#22 6 years ago

I'm hoping to be there this year!

#24 6 years ago

Room and flight booked .

#25 6 years ago

It would be really cool to meet you, Jim. Working on shopping out games is probably my favorite part of the hobby aside from tournament play, and I'd love to get into restoration sometime in the future when I have a house, not a hovel. And you too Gambit. Apparently we've been within feet of each other a few times but have never actually 'met' lol.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It would be really cool to meet you, Jim. Working on shopping out games is probably my favorite part of the hobby aside from tournament play, and I'd love to get into restoration sometime in the future when I have a house, not a hovel. And you too Gambit. Apparently we've been within feet of each other a few times but have never actually 'met' lol.

That is just how G rolls. He snubs me all the time.

#27 6 years ago

I won't snub you, Marc.

If your Safecracker starts paying out, I'll even bribe you with beer.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

That is just how G rolls. He snubs me all the time.

Oh, horseshit. You are one of the very few that could pick me out of the crowd.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Oh, horseshit. You are one of the very few that could pick me out of the crowd.

Touchy touchy tonight. Sorry, forgot the in the previous post. Easy, easy.

Gambit's a great guy. Feel better.

#31 6 years ago

#32 6 years ago

I'm in like Flynn

#33 6 years ago

I'm in

#34 6 years ago

I have PMed practicalsteve and he has offered to send me 20 of the badges. I'll pass them on to whoever wants one at the show. You can find me Thurs afternoon setting up my machines or on Fri when the show opens.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I have PMed practicalsteve and he has offered to send me 20 of the badges. I'll pass them on to whoever wants one at the show. You can find me Thurs afternoon setting up my machines or on Fri when the show opens.

Hopefully in the mail tomorrow after I get over this damn flu, but we still have plenty of time so they will get there.

#36 6 years ago

i will be there wearing a name tag all weekend that says im with stupid

#37 6 years ago

I will be there and I need to know where all the beer drinking and fun is gonna be.

#38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago

Sign me up Texas!

#40 6 years ago

I'm there Saturday.

#41 6 years ago

I could quickly/easily make a "I am a pinside member" badges for as many of you need one as possible. They could be worn in addition to the TPF badges... attached to the same lanyard etc.

Just an idea. I could make 40/50 of em.

There are a lot of good bars/restaurants around the area of the festival... I am sure pinsiders could find one to have a GTG at one of the nights. (Friday?)

Going to be a good time for sure.

#42 6 years ago

Ill be there with PDX Monkey, See you all in Texas.

Joe(acejedi)

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Acejedi:

See you all in Texas

Proper is y'all here

#44 6 years ago

I will be there all weekend... I will be working on setup and layout before the show and teardown and cleanup after. During the show I will be running around doing whatever is needed throughout the weekend. And I am heading up the group that has taken over putting on the swap meet this year at the TPF. If anyone has anything they could bring that they want to sell, please do so... We need all the stuff we can get... Looking forward to having a larger turnout of pinball and arcade parts, games and projects in the swap meet this year...

-- Shawn Christian

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I could quickly/easily make a "I am a pinside member" badges for as many of you need one as possible. They could be worn in addition to the TPF badges... attached to the same lanyard etc.
    Just an idea. I could make 40/50 of em.
    There are a lot of good bars/restaurants around the area of the festival... I am sure pinsiders could find one to have a GTG at one of the nights. (Friday?)
    Going to be a good time for sure.

So....... do so.

Start a thread for a head/name count (link it back here and on the huge TPF threads) and start cranking those puppies out.

I posted a picture of last year's name badge, it's the same size as the year before. I'm sure you could ask Ed or Kim if they are following the same format as years past in terms of size/lanyard/etc.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

So....... do so.
    Start a thread for a head/name count (link it back here and on the huge TPF threads) and start cranking those puppies out.
    I posted a picture of last year's name badge, it's the same size as the year before. I'm sure you could ask Ed or Kim if they are following the same format as years past in terms of size/lanyard/etc.

Awesome. Good call Tidmore.

1 week later
    #48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I will be there and I need to know where all the beer drinking and fun is gonna be.

Beer drinking and fun, it's Texas, come find our group

#49 6 years ago

1 week later
    #50 6 years ago

OK, guys and gals! I got the badges that member practicalsteve sent and they are awesome. Should clip to last years lanyard just fine. If you want one, catch me Thursday afternoon at setup or Friday at the opening. Or any other day. I'll be there all weekend. Just look for the goofy older dude sporting one of these bad boys. Wearing a pinball shirt. Big dumb grin on my face? Yeah. I'll be that easy to find...

IMG_6549.JPG
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    $ 169.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 249.00
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 337.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.50
    Magazines/books
    Pinball Magazine
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 350.00
    Boards
    Pinball Basement
    $ 244.99
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside