View topic image gallery

buried in shit.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 10.35.26 PM.png
applebees-rusty-balls-NY-special.jpg
braggers suck cocks.jpg
Book.PNG
Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 10.02.06 AM-733.png
crying-indian-tear.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FishPharm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 9 years ago

I found the article rather sad and pointless. When I first read it I couldn't help but wonder if he knew someone from Wired and put them up to it. The article read pretty much the same way people are describing him and how he comments on KLOV. It starts out fixated on name brands, money etc....describing his brand jeans, shoes etc. It just cried out loneliness to me. I mean, maybe the girl left because she discovered he was shallow and materialistic. It would be different if he was 18 but this guy is nearly 40. It definitely wasn't a flattering article. It came across as...sad.

#101 9 years ago

I understand your thoughts here but keep in mind that he originally went in to the forums ASKING people their opinion. Some people told him what he wanted to hear and some did not...then from what I read and understand he became a boastful douche about it. I don't think anyone really cared what he paid for his games but the guy likes to tell you what his things cost or how much he paid.....kind of like the intro to this shallow article in Wired.

Quoted from Chambahz:

I don't understand the criticism personally. No matter what he spends on his home arcade is up to him and him alone.

#134 9 years ago

I couldn't agree more. People need to keep in mind too that a lot of professions pay a lot more in New York so the increase in cost of things can even out. But, like other people have said, if you're willing to fork over $500 for dinner you can do this in pretty much any city....shit, you can drop that at Disney World in Orlando. The thing that's sad now isn't just the article...its the fact that he doesn't seem to have learned anything...

Quoted from robotron911:

This statement is pretty much spot on why you are being trashed by most people. You simply haven't shown, either here or on KLOV, the ability to make a statement that isn't pompous or overly inflated (in essence, arrogant). $500 on dinner for two is a ridiculous overstatement, even for NY. The whole "I live in NYC and you don't get it" is arrogant. Dropping names in every post is arrogant (GnR hasn't been in existence for years and most people could give a flip about Axel). Citing how much you pay (mostly overpay) in your posts is arrogant.
Arrogance, more than almost any other trait, turns people off. Misplaced arrogance is even worse. My opinion is that you suffer from the latter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 25.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FishPharm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-kaneda-featured-in-wired-cover-story?tu=FishPharm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.