(Topic ID: 207096)

Pinsider DIABLO totally jerked me around buying a pin.

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-01-12-14-12-16-1387492866 (resized).jpeg
    9A83F285-F092-47EC-A32D-9238215F0D99.jpeg
    IMG_0742 (resized).PNG
    22javb (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    Diablo-High-Res-Header.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    come-out-to-play_Warriors (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    272fad194ea623df02dcb656579a75ecf1ad09087407662f0c1087ac6ee703a2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    22gv4u (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

This is kind of a first in a lot of games sold or pending sold.
    Over a month ago (40 days or so) A Canadian pinsider agreed to buy my Surf Champ. He said he was sending payment by fedex or similar, so that it arrived faster. A few days go by and he says he sent it, so I wait. Nothing shows up in weeks, so I tell him. He then says he needs to cancel the money order at the bank, agreeing it should have arrived and all along telling me to "give it some time", that he had sent it regular mail. To this day, nothing has shown up in my mail.

Last week, he tells me the bank has to wait 30 days to cancel the check, but that he will send me the money via PayPal just to get it taken care of, that he just has to withdraw money and get the money into that account first before he can pay, which he claims he did.
    All along I've been very patient, waiting and everyday it's more of the same, that he will let me know when he pays, that he's paying, etc. I keep getting the carrot on a string song and dance everyday now for weeks and still no payment.

I've given deadlines that have come and gone, and everyday he's saying he's paying but doesn't. It's gotten to the point where it feels almost like a joke. The thing that really sucks is, I had 3 other buyers that I had to turn away because this guy said he was buying it.
    What would you do? I'm kind of pissed off at this point. I get the feeling that it's either a joke or that he doesn't really have the $600, in that case, why wouldn't he just say so?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Hmmm... This all sounds very familiar. You have a PM before I out the guy.

Apparently, this has been done before to this guy too, only with a SURFER..... ^^^
    Ugh, so pissed, didnt expect someone to string this along so far with no real intentions, especially someone on here. (Craigslist, maybe)

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

What if OP isnt into that? I say just sell to the next person that is willing to buy.

that just made my night

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from joefox22:

The funny thing is he doesn’t do anything along the lines of a scam he doesn’t pass bad checks he doesn’t come up with PayPal scams he just doesn’t send any money and keep telling you he will

Mine is all documented in my inbox, and I'm sure others too. Can't the mods give this guy the boot? Charlie Diablo Don't surf!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

tell this guy to kiss u right between the back pockets.

I'm wearing sweat pants.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrofnoc:

Diablo jerked me around on a pin sale also. I pulled the ad and re listed a couple months later and he had the nerve to hit me up for it again.

In a weird sort of way, I'm glad to hear about these other stories, so it's documented that the guy is a complete doozer.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

there is two 'Diablos' in Canada... can you specify which on it is? the one in Calgary?

Does this answer your question?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looking into what claims? All I see here is someone wasting someone else's time in a private matter. While wasting someone else's time is disrespectful, all the other person has to do is walk away.

It's not isolated, it's many many pinsiders with the same story. And here's the real kicker for pinside. While he verbally committed and I waited for his payment like many others have, I turned away 3 other pinsiders which would have been a pinside sale had one of them bought.
    Because of what he did and the potential buyers being long gone, and no longer having interest here for it in general, I listed it on eBay and it sold within a day. I then ended the listing here as "sold via other medium" which is exactly what happened, all thanks to Diablo.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Is he maybe trying to flip the pins himself? He sees a good deal on pinside jumps on it, then tries to find a local buyer for it while he strings the seller along?
    Just a thought as to why he might continually do this to people?

This is an interesting theory, because I have talked to some Canadian pinsiders at Allentown, who stated the market for pins in hand there are just worth more. For instance, my average at best, Bally Rolling Stones for $1250 at the show did not sell and I ended up bringing it home, would have fetched at least $2000 up North according to one guy I talked with.
    Who knows.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Why? The guy has sold a bunch of parts here with 100% feedback rating. It's not like the shoe is on the other foot and payment has been made without merch being sent, so this isn't a reason to ban him.
    I wouldn't have even brought it up here, I'd just move on and sell it to the next guy in line.

We already told you why, and I outlined exactly why. So because the guy sells a bunch of parts and has a 100% feedback, that gives him a license to lie, over and over again about buying machines, and holding sales up? He's like the James Bond of lying.
    You wouldn't have even brought it up here, but here you are, defending the guy, because it didn't happen to you.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

His name is Martin,and he does the same thing to locals.
    Strings them along on games all the time.

It's got to be some sort of mental condition, where its a thrill to almost buy a game....
    Imagine how he is when buying a house, a car, dinner...

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

There are all kinds of mental conditions on Pinside. People lie, therefore, pinsiders lie. When it comes to money, people lie.
    If I had not received a FEDx payment in 10 days, I would have moved on.
    How did you manage to let him string you along for 40 days? 40 days is like Noah waiting for the flood waters to recede. It is the old "screw me once, your fault. Screw me twice, my fault." and you hammered yourself.
    Your situation is just the flip side of the, "I agreed to buy a pinball from a guy who said it was mine and then he sold it to someone else for more money."
    I have been on both sides of the "buy" and "sell" situation. After about 7 days of no action I knew I was being had.
    40 days ?

You take someone's word, you believe their good intentions. He said he would send FedEx, and then he said he had sent it regular mail. With the Holiday, things can get rerouted or lost. Factor in his communication was about every other day or so, with him wanting to give it more time to arrive, and him going to the bank, him agreeing to PayPal, etc. 40 days happens.
    "When it comes to money, people lie"
    What people? Diablo?
    Out of the hundreds of pins that I've moved, this was a first.
    One.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, I see where you are coming from about taking someone's word, but it can backfire.
    About two years ago a Pinsider posted a pin for sale and I said I would like to buy it at his asking price. The seller gave me a call. Apparently, this pin was in high demand because the seller said he wanted to think on it some more but offered me option of first refusal if he finally did decide to sell. I took him at his word and I said OK. I told him I would drive to pick up the pin and pay with cash when he decided to sell. I did not ask for special treatment; The seller on his own offered me the option. But the call never came. He turned his sale ad into an auction of sorts and sold the pin for more money to another pinsider. It took me about 7 days to figure out the guy's word was no good.
    While my situation was on the buy side and not the sell side you are dealing with, the principle is the same. People lie. When it comes to money, people lie.
    If you have moved 100s of pins and this is the first time it happened to you, then you must have really been living right. At least, you did not suffer the Paypal scam and lose any money. Plus you learned a lesson valuable lesson---for free.
    It is like I said in an earlier post I made about Karma coming back around and biting. Everybody will get theirs----eventually. You still have the pin to sell. It will all work out in the end.

Yeah, maybe that guy got a bad vibe and didn't want to sell it to you, and didn't feel like a long drawn out,waiting around for you to show up, shoot the breeze for hours, kind of transaction.
    Like you said, all kinds of mental conditions on pinside.

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I wasn't defending the guy's behavior. Not at all. And yes, it has happened to me, lots of times. If I had a nickel for every time somebody said they wanted something I had for sale and either never showed or never had the money...
    I just don't wait a month. I give them maybe a week. If there's lots of demand for the item I'll give them 48 hours, tops. It's just not a big deal. YOU set the terms. If they don't meet your terms, THEY lose.
    My point is, the guy has every right to be here. He hasn't screwed anybody over and he isn't going around causing trouble in the forum. No reason to start a lynch mob to have him exiled. It's like wanting the guy driving in front of you banned from the streets because he signaled for a turn, but didn't turn. Annoying? Yes. Ban worthy? No.
    Now if you were out money and have been waiting over a month to get your game, that's a different story. I bought an item from a Pinsider and waited two months to get it. I had no recourse other than filing a Paypal dispute, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Lots of promises made, but the item wasn't shipped for two months. I know a couple other people who bought from the same Pinsider and waited a long time, one waited THREE MONTHS before their item was shipped. This is the kind of behavior that should be banned, wouldn't you agree?

You're witch hunting in the wrong thread. You're talking about receiving your items with delay. I received nothing but bullshit from Diablo.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Now if you were out money and have been waiting over a month to get your game, that's a different story. I bought an item from a Pinsider and waited two months to get it. I had no recourse other than filing a Paypal dispute, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Lots of promises made, but the item wasn't shipped for two months. I know a couple other people who bought from the same Pinsider and waited a long time, one waited THREE MONTHS before their item was shipped. This is the kind of behavior that should be banned, wouldn't you agree?

You're not going to sit here, in my thread, and play guessing games, all while making a backhanded point to launch your personal attack on my character as a comparison to Diablos. It ain't gonna fucking happen.

You waited for that board I sent you, and I delivered- AS PROMISED
    It was of excellent quality, was it not? - AS PROMISED

Now, I challenge you and your little friends that pow wowed, who waited THREE MONTHS for something, (???) to confirm that I actually, factually, screwed them.
    The answer is no. Didn't happen. I either deliver or I refund, it's that simple.
    Not everyone has their shoes lined up for every day of the week, shined and polished by Sunday night. I waited for that guy because I was trusting and patient. Now I'm pissed. I'll get over it.

I agree with nothing you say. You've built your bridge, now wait for someone else to cross.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not interested in Monday morning quarterbacking. But both Gorf and Diablo are Pinsider contributors. They both have the little red hearts next to their names. They contribute to the cause, so to speak. Look at their sales action and you will see more than a few green tickets where they paid Pinside some jack for the privilege of listing and selling pins here.
    Contrast this with some who put up a pin for sale, and then the ad says the pin was "not sold", and then, son of bitch, you go look at the seller's collection page and the pin is no longer part of the collection and has been moved to pins owned in the past and Pinside did not get a commission.
    If you have bills to cover and you have to pick and choose, you are most likely going to keep those who ante up.

This is why it's an excellent idea for people to keep their page private, so people do not jump to conclusions and make half assed assessments.
    Some who put a pin up for sale, do not sell it through here, as there is Facebook, eBay, local listings, and closed local groups, so "son of a bitch" all you want to, it's plain ignorance to make a blanket statement like that.

#170 6 years ago

Well said Forceflow. I think enough negativity and points have been made here in this thread, and we should all get back to focusing on the positives of pinball.
    Requesting to close out the thread.
    Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-is-totally-jerking-me-around-buying-a-pin?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.