FB_IMG_1632689333212 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1584473257752 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1562864268674 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708643846608 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708560320972 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
91143183_523447681701095_1548993680035355812_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 7 years ago

Blows me away to find this thread on pinside!

I'm more of a thrash fan but since a lot of death metal bands cross over, I'm digging a lot of that lately. Hell, one of my favs of all time, Death, fits neatly into both categories.

11 months later
#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anyone up to snuff on Decapitated? I'm too lazy to even read the article. Not good I'm guessin.

It's bad. It's bad. The only thing that may actually help them is that they're not from the US, so they can skip town. Man, I just remembered that whole thing with Randy. He went and did the time. That is metal AF.

4 weeks later
#421 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

CYNIC shreds!
» YouTube video

My favourite band!

3 months later
#456 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video

Been jamming on this a couple weeks - it is a super solid record. It's also a grower, like America's Volume Dealer was. WAY more of a mix of the sludge metal of Deliverance and the hardcore of Tech/6 Songs, etc.

5 years later
#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

This lineup, or most of it, is playing in Toledo the following night. Myself and a friend are toying with the idea of checking it out. It's more to his taste than mine, but I like the venue a bunch. Don't think I've heard any of the bands.

Ottawa Tavern, right? GO!

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man I REALLY hope Mercyful Fate does another tour for the new upcoming album.
Was the best show I've seen in years...fuckin perfection.

I totally wussed out and skipped their Wednesday night show here a couple weeks ago. 100% regret it. The stage show looks great

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Internal bleeding is extra awesome when guitarist Chris is rockin' his Crocs

LOL what!?

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

There has never been a band that I miss more than this one. Goddamn I miss these dudes

Hopefully Chance gets his issues under control some day; would be great to see a comeback. They need a new record!

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Is Skeletonwitch defunct? I got into those guys pretty early on in their career, and really liked them, but I lost interest around Forever Abomination. I know they had some personnel changes around then, maybe a different singer?

They haven’t put out a record since 2018 but have toured - their original singer was replaced in 2015(?) I think

3 weeks later
#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd love to hit the Saint Vitus show but probably end up in stank ass Cleveland ha.
Bucket list band for me.[quoted image]

I think there is something wrong with me, I am able to read these band names with no problem !

Hadn’t heard of Defeated Sanity before, they sound like a more brutal version of Cynic, which is right up my alley!

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Check out Passages into Deformity or Chapters of Repugnance. My two favorites. INSANE fretwork and dm bass you can actually hear!

way ahead of you! The bassist is giving Alex Webster a run for his money

#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Damn. 30 years. I always laugh that my son jokes with his friends that his "Dad Rock Soundtrack" includes Cannibal Corpse.
There are parts of this song that sound so much like the guitar riff in Danzig's Her Black Wings.

Possibly you may be thinking of the Sabbath cover “Zero the Hero” which is on the Hammer Smashed Face EP

#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

John Christ was obviously a CC fan. And the best guitarist Danzig ever had.

And a knock out amazing dude. Personality sooooooooooo unlike Glenn. Eerie too, totally awesome guy just on another planet. Never hung out with Chuck but he seemed hilarious. Glenn wrote Her Black Wings but I’m sure JC gave it a lot of its character. God I love that album

#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Next weekend...

Ugh. I somehow missed them only a few weeks ago when they were in Baltimore. I was so bummed when they broke up in the 90s and Bill did Firebird and Jeff did .. whatever he did. Then Ken had his thing… and damn if they didn’t come back with one of the best records of the 2000+ in Surgical Steel! Still gets spins, I need that on vinyl..

#1364 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. I fucking LOVE Surgical Steel.

Word. I was so psyched I wore the shirt with the toe tag on the back to my kid’s preschool recital and got a lot of looks LOL

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I was a mortuary science major about 12 or 13 years ago at the community college where I met my first wife. We met in a psychology class that focused on the process of death and dying, which was required for the MS major. Each of us had to do a presentation and I did a reading of the lyrics for "Empathological Necroticism" for the class. Carcass played it the first time I saw them, but not the second.

Well that’s absolutely the best Carcass story of all time. Would only have been better if you proposed to her at the same time, using the same lyrics LOL

I’d have to check setlists.fm, but I don’t think they have played that almost at all during the 2010s.

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

They got a metric system they don't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is

Royal wit cheese

3 weeks later
#1385 1 year ago

Started checking out the Death To All tribute again and busted out Individual Thought Patterns, some amazing parts on that record.

Gonna set up guitar lessons with Max Phelps; he teaches only 25 minutes from me

#1390 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Goatwhore at Zanzabar in Louisville on Fri
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t believe I am saying this, but that wallpaper is awesome

2 months later
#1403 9 months ago

Saw the Atheist / Cynic show in Cleveland a few weeks ago. The place was called “No Class” which was awesome. TINY avenue, no A/C - complete old school vibes. Atheist’s bus broke down so I got to hang out with the guys until the backup arrived. I had to do a 6 hour drive home that night to be back in time for work. Made it! (Mostly/ kinda) Unbelievably great dudes. The new band is SLAYING.

3 months later
#1490 5 months ago

Cranking Legion today.

Anybody read the new Scott Burns book? amazing stuff, and let's all give thanks to Mike Browning for taking VIDEO of a lot of those Morrisound sessions

#1492 5 months ago
Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

At work with my music on. Thought I'd start with some Anthrax. After 3 albums, with nothing happening at work I thought "f@%ck it". Went to Cattle Decap then Bolt Thrower and now Fallujah. Business has gone nuts now. Aanal Nathrakh next.

Which Anthrax?

#1496 5 months ago

Among the Living, State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time.

NICE! Check out their last 2 releases with Joey too. I still think Worship Music is one of the best releases of the 2010s by any band

#1499 5 months ago

Got 'em both day 1. Very well worth it.

Still love John Bush too, going to see Armored Saint next month!!

#1508 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not an Anthrax fan. Didn't like either vocalist.
To each their own.
Anyhow, here's Wonderwall...

Don’t be a gatekeeper dude

#1520 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol...I'm guessing we all kinda hate gatekeepers. Not trying to be one, I just never liked Anthrax. Doesn't mean I care if you do though ha. Most people hate all the music we love, and I like that.
Corpse at my Goatwhore show they didn't have tour shirts either. Kinda strange, but they're still some of the coolest cats on the planet.
Anybody grab any of the new recent releases? There's A LOT.
Dying Fetus, Incantation, Cryptopsy, Frozen Soil, etc

No sweat dude, you've posted a hell of a lot of awesome stuff, but also some turds LOL

#1535 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Terrorizer over EVERYTHING

Crazy history behind this band. Even the current lineup is pretty amazing, and they are tearing it up a bit better than Morbid is these days.

#1545 4 months ago

Saw these dudes "The Convalescence" opening for Atheist and Cynic in Cleveland a few months ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out they are from Toledo, my home town -

#1549 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:[quoted image]

That Rush thing is funny as hell. That is an ACTUAL quote from an interview:

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/the-alex-lifeson-chord-and-why-its-john-petruccis-favorite

1 week later
#1582 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I just love Anal Cunt. I know...gay, right?

Seth would say so!

#1589 4 months ago

It's hard to deny that the Barnes era of the Cannibal Corpse albums: Eaten Back to Life, (33 years old!!) Butchered at Birth, Tomb of the Mutilated and The Bleeding are all pretty bad ass and the band is certainly not against playing songs from these albums, which I am glad. I think Corpsegrinder does a great job singing older tunes.
It's not like when Iron Maiden plays songs now off their first 2 albums and as much as I overall prefer the Bruce era of Maiden, I prefer the songs on the first 2 Maiden albums with Paul Di'anno singing. I love, love, love, Phantom of the Opera with Di'anno.
Anyway-That string of bands and DM albums from late 80's to early 90's was awesome.

Agree with all of this

1 month later
#1642 76 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Left to Die? Death tribute band with Rick Rozz and Terry Butler.Theyre on a 3 day rip with Flesher and I'm fucking torn cause it's Louisville Arcade Expo weekend

Terry and Rozz WERE in death. Go to that, if for no other reason than to see Rozz go psycho on stage!

2 weeks later
#1654 62 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

And the hits keep coming.
Saturday May 25th in Louisville. GO GIVE ANTZ A HUG!
See youuns there[quoted image]

Ok I know FOH, 200 and Kruelty, but WTH is that one at the bottom?

#1663 61 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just joshin ya Rob lol...I can read what you're writing, but unfortunately I can't read the bottom of that poster either

I KNEW it!

#1664 61 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Speaking of loud...might actually wear earplugs for this mf...
Kirk is one the friendliest and most b'dass front men out there.
His live tone is CRUSHING, and LOUD AF (like you guys don't know this lol)
Can't fuckin wait to see this at my favorite little metal club.
[quoted image]

Loving that Kirk is still doing the Crowbar thing; he quit Down for a while and I think he’s back in the fold but this band is the real deal

#1667 60 days ago

How I found out about Crowbar. Well, that and the Ball. But I think I saw "All I had I Gave" first on Beavis.

#1673 57 days ago

Finished the Scott Burns /Morrisound book. Man that was an awesome read. The Tardy brothers pop up every other page, it seems like. Amazing couple of years, kind of crazy how influential that small group of people were. And kind of messed up that Burns eventually got iced out.

1 month later
#1717 13 days ago

I've always thought the riff in Zero the Hero sounds like the main riff in Danzig's Her Black Wings. (Maybe more accurately vice versa, since Zero came out first). It's more pronounced in the CC cover.

I remember reading an interview with John Christ, who pointed it out as well; Glenn never had a problem pulling stuff from other bands if it could stand on its own as a Danzig song

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-death-metal-fans?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.