FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708560320972 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
91143183_523447681701095_1548993680035355812_n (resized).jpg
821effe1e68c9e37831008d0f85f7a5e (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1704250420045 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7939416_0 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1703624531983 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

Count me in.

My handle is derivative of my favorite hobby and band

#15 8 years ago

I met Jon Schnepp of the Dethklok series and he drew this up on the back of the Dethklok book jacket:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, $200/person/day does not a cheap cruise make... but $35 concerts don't guarantee you great seats to every show and get you back stage to hang out with the artists.

I don't think I've ever been to a death metal show where there was even a concern for "great seats". In general, the venues and crowds are pretty small even for the top name death metal acts.

I've gotten some great autographs just hanging out near the bar or at the t shirt table after the show.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks to Hazoff for starting thread. Had he not, I would probably not be blasting De Profundis right now.
Look around gents.
These are your metal brethren. If you need something,...just ask.
We're a weird but tight group.
Horns.

We've come a long way from trading cassette tapes

5 months later
#210 8 years ago

New Slayer album is a good listen, it's just not death metal.

1 year later
#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Took my girls to see Taylor Swift. Was super rough sittin there lookin at her for 2 hours.

But you made your daughters happy. Even us death metal dads can be good people

6 months later
#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You dudes need to meet me at Maiden Chicago June 15. Hope it's a new setlist from last year but probably not.

Maiden had their setlist posted on Facebook. I won't spoil the answer Making a family trip to the Tampa show. Up the Irons!

Back to Death Metal...

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The song that started it all for me, classic and evil.
» YouTube video

I assume you've heard the Cannibal Corpse cover of this song?

3 months later
#364 6 years ago

Wow. Thanks for sharing the Napalm Death stuff. I remember seeing them live in '89 I think. While we could waste time arguing whether or not ND is "death metal" or not, who gives a sh/t. They are bad ass

1 week later
#372 6 years ago

No Incantation dates in the southeast. Bummer

#384 6 years ago

I started listening to Carcass at Symphonies of Sickness. Heartwork was a totally different vibe. Not bad, just different.

1 month later
#419 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I am not a fan of death metal, a little too hard for me but I always liked System of a down. Is that considered death metal?

No.

A "Death Metal" label frequently gets named dropped to describe anything just a little heavier than mainstream radio. Listen to, or watch some of the music clips people have posted here and compare the sound. Huge difference.

5 months later
#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

That classic Deicide sound.

Gotta love the fusion of Benton and Barnes on Cannibal Corpse's Vomit the Soul.

4 months later
#543 5 years ago

Always enjoyed the tempo change follow up after the transition (1:25 through 1:39 section) when they play Unleashing the Bloodthisty live. The pit is building up into a frenzy.

#544 5 years ago

dup post. delete

1 week later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

OH SHIT......
Nov 29 in Indy,....tour just announced.
FUUUUU

Several good tours coming up in the fall: Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Dying Fetus

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Never heard about that.

Me neither. I had to google it.

I also read tbat the bassist who said it is no longer with them.

1 month later
#574 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guess I been sleeping on Vastum make it thru the 2:00 long intro and you got it

The intro reminds me of waiting for Cannibal Corpse’s Meat Hook Sodomy to kick in.

1 month later
#605 5 years ago

Dying Fetus/Incantation/Gatecreeper was awesome !

2 weeks later
#614 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

CORPSE...I only call ya asshole if I like ya! And you're one of my FAVORITE Pinsiders brough!
Just pissed at myself for missing that show. Two of my favorite bands. We need to hit a show together my man. Preferably, Dying Fetus and Incantation lol.

Take a road trip to FL and come enjoy the weather and Cannibal Corpse in December (Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 12/5 and 12/6) \m/

1 week later
#619 5 years ago

That opening riff sounds very much like Cannibal Corpse’s Sarcophagic Frenzy

3 weeks later
#626 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WHAT A GREAT SHOW GUESS WHAT THEIR LAST SONG WAS

Ballpeen hammer dimpled playfield

#629 5 years ago

Caught Corpse on the last show of this tour. Awesome as always! (And without fail someone always yells freebird).

The problem with seeing the last show of a tour is that all of the shirts with tour dates are almost always sold out by then. I’ve had that issue numerous times. I need to travel to go see them at the beginning of the tour. Last year right after the release of Red Before Black they started in Florida, so that worked out

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. I totally woulda bought ya a shirt!

What an awesome thought! Thanks! I may very well reach out to you next time they announce a tour and we are last in line. ( maybe just road trip it up to Indiana )

They only had a medium of the “3 Decades of Gore” shirt , so I bought one for my son who was unable to attend due to his finals week. He doesn’t know about the shirt yet, but it will be a nice surprise for him.

#632 5 years ago

And Erik Rutan of Hate Eternal rips it up live. Really enjoyed seeing him play.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Rutan is a BEAST.
Ayy you mean this shirt? [quoted image]

This one below with dates on back. (They were sold out of the one you have too)

8EB2B48D-C2C5-4270-96A8-5A8199CF2F08 (resized).jpeg8EB2B48D-C2C5-4270-96A8-5A8199CF2F08 (resized).jpeg
#669 5 years ago

Re: Pat O'Brien

Holy F*#K.

I was just thinking while watching them at the last show that has been a real solid, steady Corpse lineup. I really liked his playing style. I'm sure they will find someone quickly because there is no way they are going to pass on touring with Slayer.

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

They have a plethora of guitarists to choose from. I hope Pat gets better man.

Agreed. Just a sad story.

#676 5 years ago

Been watching my collection of Corpse DVDs. Just enjoying watching Pat play.

Hoping for the best for him. Whole thing just seems so surreal.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anyway I've posted this already most likely but for me heaviest riff in Death Metal.

Right, that song was Post No. 1, the start of one of my most frequented threads

4 weeks later
#713 5 years ago

I like the SFU graveyard classic 2 covering all of ACDCs Back in Black

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That shit sucks brough sorry

Ok, I’ll make sure not to play it if you visit

3 months later
#754 4 years ago

Some of the overseas “metal festivals” have some odd combinations of bands and genres.

Anyway, would certainly like to see the entire Cause of Death set played live.

2 months later
#772 4 years ago

The background music in the queue for The Mummy ride at Universal Studios Orlando always reminds me of Spawn of Uamenti

1 month later
#785 4 years ago

Cannibal Corpse back on a headlining tour after supporting Slayer

http://cannibalcorpse.net/tour-dates/

2 months later
#821 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. Was stoppin in to say how much Gatecreeper has been growin on me the last few years. I don't do much of "new" anything, but damn, those boys sound nasty af to me. Might have to pick up that new joint.

Agreed. Definitely been enjoying Gatecreeper.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Mortician IS Halloween bro lol.

That album cover always reminds me of straight-up Texas Chainsaw Massacre furniture.

As I much as I listen to DM year round, Halloween always makes me think of Misfits, Type-O-Negative and Rob Zombie. (I know you'll at least approve of the Misfits )

5 months later
#884 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Everytime I fire this bad boy up [quoted image]
I hear this

Every. Single. Time.

I think of the song “Kill or Become”when I fire up the chainsaw

#888 3 years ago

Seems fitting for the times

#893 3 years ago

Doing all right, thanks!

We are staying put. Our son has been down from college for a very extended spring break, so it’s nice having him around to listen to metal and play pinball. He is still in school doing online study.

We were supposed to go see Mayhem, Abbath and Gatecreeper, last week, but obviously the tour got cancelled. So we got in our typical concert gear anyway, and started the YouTube show at 7pm watching archived live footage.

Hope all is well up in your 5 nails through the neck of the woods

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sick tour. Gatecreeper gets a lot of hate but fuck the haters...they rule.

Really? I didn’t realize they received a lot of hate.

Then again, I don’t go searching for reviews; I either like something or I don’t without needing to be influenced. With Gatecreeper, I’m definitely in the like column. First exposure to them was when the opened for Cannibal Corpse back in 2017. Saw them again with Dying Fetus on that tour cycle. This would have been a pretty awesome bill as well. They are playing support for some heavy duty acts.

Looking forward to seeing live shows again !

2 weeks later
#923 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not diggin this Entombed.
First half is good yes, but last half nah. This album is not everything it's made out to be.

Only Entombed album I kept was Left Hand Path, which I bought when it first came out, 30 years ago I think? Some bands I don’t feel the need to keep everything they release and sometimes having just one album out of the discography will suffice.

2 weeks later
#946 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

, The kids were fightin, throwin punches and trash cans..

1 month later
#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My absolute #1 pick for favorite death metal album ever is Deicide's DEICIDE.
WTF is yours?

That album rips, definitely in my top 10. Always loved the simplicity of the medallion cover.

Not sure just yet what is number one.

Which is tangential to, what is your favorite death metal album cover?

One of my favorites is Butchered at Birth. When that first came out (almost 30 years ago!) that was pretty freaking intense imagery. Now the gore/horror art concept seems very commonplace.

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

Shameless self promotion..... If any of you are interested. The magazine/comp will be released on Monday 6/22 and For The Pyres tape later in the week.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The blacksmith picture is wild. Painful just looking at it.

I’d have to dig up the dual tape deck. Are tape decks still available? I mean with albums on the comeback, maybe tapes are next?

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Since I'm banned from ALL fs threads for a couple days, this thread will get all my love tonight.

Thinking it would be difficult to get kicked out of a death metal thread, unless the music is so far removed from death doom and destruction

Pretty sure nobody is paying attention to us here and there are only a handful of us regularly checking here.

BTW I have a YouTube mix going and Cenotaph is playing. I know you are on a Bolt Thrower kick

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm gonna guess Butchered at Birth.

It is extremely hard to choose a number one album.

Butchered is a pretty good guess. Cannibal Corpse is my overall favorite Death Metal band hands down.

However, as easy as it would be for me to pick a Corpse album, if I am honest, the album that has been in solid, constant rotation for decades is Morbid Angel’s Altars of Madness. It came out a couple years before Butchered, so it was already getting heavy play. I was 20 in 1989 when Altars came out and was blown away. Now I’m 50 and am still quite impressed with it.

Oh, and in the art discussion, I enjoy the artwork on Altars

1 week later
#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Hardest we will ever see is Iron Maiden...

Curious: Do you think Maiden is harder than Metallica? Are we talking rulesets, music, what?

1 month later
#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD BETTER BE GETTIN A DEICIDE TATTOO SO WE CAN RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER.

Tattoo to intimidate people to choose if they wear a mask or not(cheap death metal pun humor)

8370ACE7-CAD1-4343-AEE5-568347431533 (resized).jpeg8370ACE7-CAD1-4343-AEE5-568347431533 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1024 3 years ago

Yeah, I guess none of us listen to death metal *constantly*

Almost need a guilty pleasure sub thread to not taint the DM thread too much.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I DO WHAT I WANT CORPSE

Yeah I’ve figured that out No complaints at my end

#1028 3 years ago

Nothing wrong with listening to different stuff. You dig what you dig.

Face it, there was no K-Tel compilation of Death Metal music back in the 70s

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anyone who listens to only one genre of music is a douchebag. This is what I'm listening to right now having beers.

I’m pretty sure it’s against the law to NOT like Frank

1 month later
#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Listening to Earth AD now cause been on a dm overload lately and it's finally October which should CLEARY be National Misfits month.

Hell Yeah! October and MISFITS Astro Zombie month !!

And seriously, I can listen to an entire Misfits album while waiting for Cannibal Corpse’s Meat Hook Sodomy to kick in

3 months later
#1067 3 years ago

I saw 2 new posts and for a brief second thought Gryszzz might be back with a new list of DM picks...

Maybe one day

1 year later
#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fucking perfection

Love it when the weather finally cools down here in Florida below a zillion degrees to break out the long sleeve DM shirts.

1 week later
#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Perfect winter album
OUGHH

Interesting that is the album you've been listening to-I've been on a HELLHAMMER Satantic Rites kick lately.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Donald Tardy just texted me he's gonna whip my ass so Blessed is my THIRD favorite death metal album.

Send him a donation to help out the Tampa Bay area cats during the cold weather and he probably will go easy on you

#1118 2 years ago

By the way Gryszzz, SO GLAD you are back posting

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Effigy of the forgotten , name the group.

We will let the casual perusers of this thread not familiar with the band or death metal look it up

Hard to believe a lot of this stuff is 30+ years old.

1 week later
#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

GO SEE NILE AND INCANTATION YOU DICKS
Can't fucking wait. Going to St Louis and Joliet to see 2 shows in a row.

Enjoy!

They played relatively close cities in Florida but I only had availability to see one show.

You'll dig it.

#1150 2 years ago

Dying Fetus Tour just announced !!

272956124_492922815537861_2113066079952418334_n (resized).jpg272956124_492922815537861_2113066079952418334_n (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Seriously don't sleep on this tour fucking TKO

Looks like we got the same shirts

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That cd...
No known copies sold on Discogs. Last sale was for for...
$717
Fuckkkkkkk

The Number of the Beast + The Number Associated with "Area 51" = 717. Coincidence.....?

5 months later
#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Just grabbed tickets for Amon Amarth,Obituary and Cattle Decapitation all solid bands but I'm going for CARCASS!!!!!!

Incredible lineup. The only Florida date falls right on the day of Classics Finals and the end of the Main qualifying at FPF.

So we did the logical thing---my son and I opted for the DM show instead of grinding out qualifying for another tourney. We can enjoy now the pinball show at leisure and focus on fun.

4 solid bands, so gonna have to get some shirts-probably cheaper than Herb style qualifying

4 weeks later
#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Deicide tomorrow fuckin HYPED

Caught the last show of the Deicide tour in Florida. As usual, the OG Florida DM bands end their tours in Florida and by that time there are NO shirts.

Good show nonetheless.

1 week later
#1273 1 year ago

Was finally able to see Krisiun play live. I've been wanting to check them out for years, but they were hardly ever in my area, and the limited times they were, the timing was off.

They just ripped. Always impressed with the death metal bands with only 3 members and how much energy they can create.

5 months later
#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

There has never been a band that I miss more than this one. Goddamn I miss these dudes

Yeah, definitely not the same vibe without Chance on vocals.

#1336 1 year ago

Krisiun on tour supporting Vader.

335625776_766010211810417_5488111087336502365_n (resized).jpeg335625776_766010211810417_5488111087336502365_n (resized).jpeg
#1353 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

30 year birthday of their best and first cover that set this man down a long dark road of covers lol.

Damn. 30 years. I always laugh that my son jokes with his friends that his "Dad Rock Soundtrack" includes Cannibal Corpse.

There are parts of this song that sound so much like the guitar riff in Danzig's Her Black Wings.

4 months later
#1419 7 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Obituary is my favorite fuckin band ever

As Barr993 said, they recently did a 5 day "Swamp Tour" in Florida playing at local bars. It was bad ass.
IMG_2263 (resized).jpgIMG_2263 (resized).jpgIMG_2264 (resized).jpgIMG_2264 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#1506 3 months ago

I’m sure it’s safe to say we all like music other than Death Metal. Nobody came out of the womb (to waste) exposed to Death Metal.

If all anybody ever heard was Death Metal, I don’t think there could be appreciation for it.

Gryszzz, who is pretty much running this joint is obviously also a Misfits fan, and my avatar is a SLAYER derivative. Neither are death metal.

Further, it’s always amusing to listen to the pre-show music at some of the heaviest bands on the planet. I’ve heard Village People, Neil Diamond, Bon Jovi, John Denver and the *crowd sings along*. We all know the songs and this point nobody gives a sh/t if we know the words to Sweet Caroline.

We can all agree it’s ok to like different music, but Gryszzz is right, this particular forum is for Death Metal.

Happy Thanksgiving my DM family.

#1507 3 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's tomorrow.
Cleveland in a few days. Goatwhore, the whole band, hangs outside with the peoples until they go on.
They are the TRVEST MFS
[quoted image]

Gryszzz: Did Goatwhore have any tour date shirts? I caught them in Florida toward the end of the tour, and they had shirts, just none with dates.

1 week later
#1537 3 months ago

Just announced. Pretty excited about this!

amonamarthmetalcrushesall2024 (resized).jpgamonamarthmetalcrushesall2024 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1565 3 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Red Before Black is their best album of the last decade by FRRR

Yeah, if we are talking about the past decade (the most recent 4 albums) then Red Before Black is probably the best one. (As an aside, the alternate cover artwork on Violence Unimagined is freaking awesome.)

However if we went back a decade...plus one more year to 2012, Torture would be my vote.

#1572 3 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pics or it never happened

This is considered the "alternate cover". I'm sure you've seen it. (Wasn't trying to imply it was rare or anything).

My son gave me a signed tour poster by the band with this image as a retirement gift. Love that kid.

Cannibal_Corpse_Violence_Unimagined_Alternate_Cover (resized).jpgCannibal_Corpse_Violence_Unimagined_Alternate_Cover (resized).jpg
#1576 3 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Greatest metal album of all time ends on a straight BANGER

Are you referring to Megadeth's Rust In Peace?

#1583 3 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh I love the Barnes era CC...think we all do. Eaten Back to Life is my personal favorite.

It's hard to deny that the Barnes era of the Cannibal Corpse albums: Eaten Back to Life, (33 years old!!) Butchered at Birth, Tomb of the Mutilated and The Bleeding are all pretty bad ass and the band is certainly not against playing songs from these albums, which I am glad. I think Corpsegrinder does a great job singing older tunes.

It's not like when Iron Maiden plays songs now off their first 2 albums and as much as I overall prefer the Bruce era of Maiden, I prefer the songs on the first 2 Maiden albums with Paul Di'anno singing. I love, love, love, Phantom of the Opera with Di'anno.

Anyway-That string of bands and DM albums from late 80's to early 90's was awesome.

2 months later
#1658 25 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Incantation in an insanely cool, small local bar? Are you fucking kidding me?

That's gonna be awesome! I looked at the 2024 US tour dates for Incantation. Only 9 shows. Enjoy it, Gryszzz!!

#1659 25 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Too many mf acronyms

You meant tmMFa

#1682 18 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Any Insect Warfare fans?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an awesome piece of original art! I had not heard of this band before (sorry, I hope I don't get my membership revoked).

Played the album this morning for the first time-can't say I am a fan of the clean vocals and love ballads.

Seriously-holy sh/t that thing rips.

#1683 18 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is not death metal. My apologies to you purists here.

No apology needed. I think you have plenty of death metal street cred.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-death-metal-fans?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.