FB_IMG_1708643846608 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708560320972 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
91143183_523447681701095_1548993680035355812_n (resized).jpg
821effe1e68c9e37831008d0f85f7a5e (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1704250420045 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7939416_0 (resized).jpg

There are 1,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.
#951 3 years ago

Some more Indie punk/grind

Just got clued in to this. Pretty beastly.

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Some more Indie punk/grind
Just got clued in to this. Pretty beastly.

Death minus Chuck = Massacre

He recruited the whole band except Allen West in 1987

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

Death minus Chuck = Massacre
He recruited the whole band except Allen West in 1987

No shit huh? That album rips.
I'm starting to think you're actually Vid1900.

#954 3 years ago

For The Pyres

https://forthepyres..com/releases

Killer new Swedes... total HM2 worship. I'm putting out their demo on my new label along with a bunch of other killer stuff

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No shit huh? That album rips.
I'm starting to think you're actually Vid1900.

I'm VID1900 of nerdy music shit hahahaha

1 week later
1 week later
1 week later
#958 3 years ago

Currently on a mission to collect all eight Bolt Thrower studio albums. I have four.
Four more and YAHTZEE.
What's yer favorite? Call me whatever but Those Once Loyal is my top pick.
Still need:
In Battle There is No Law
Realm of Chaos
Mercenary
Honour Valour Pride

#959 3 years ago

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

#960 3 years ago

Ok I just got Warmaster this week and it is CLEARLY #1.

#961 3 years ago

1. Warmaster
2. TOL
3. IV Crusade
4. For Victory
This is my ranking of the 4 that I have.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Currently on a mission to collect all eight Bolt Thrower studio albums. I have four.
Four more and YAHTZEE.
What's yer favorite? Call me whatever but Those Once Loyal is my top pick.
Still need:
In Battle There is No Law
Realm of Chaos
Mercenary
Honour Valour Pride

I just realized I don't have Realm Of Chaos... Should be an easy problem to solve.
Not full albums but Who Dares Wins And Peel Sessions 88-90 should be on your list also.
My go to BT album tends to be Honour Valour Pride.
If I had to pick a favorite if would be IVth Crusade. I like to crank up Spearhead.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

These guys are KILLER and are going to be on the Noxious Ruin Magazine compilation for issue #2

#965 3 years ago

Shameless self promotion..... If any of you are interested. The magazine/comp will be released on Monday 6/22 and For The Pyres tape later in the week.

NR_flyer1 (resized).jpgNR_flyer1 (resized).jpgNR_flyer2 (resized).jpgNR_flyer2 (resized).jpg
#966 3 years ago

These guys are KILLER and are going to be on the Noxious Ruin Magazine compilation for issue #2

The guitarist Mike and the vomit spewing vocalist Kyle are both good friends of mine. Super talented and down to earth dudes. Kyle is like a walking death metal encyclopedia, he knows his shit for sure.

#967 3 years ago

And of course, I'm TOTALLY IN for this zine/tape/label whatever the hell this is yer doin here. ESP if Obscene is in the next one.
I'd like to subscribe.

#968 3 years ago

Decide, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Obituary.

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Best cover of Leper Messiah

Damn....

#970 3 years ago

Fuckin insane isn't it? Normally I really despise drum machines but the speed of this track is so goddamn fast no human could keep up.

#971 3 years ago

Obscene should be on the cover man! DO IT lol.

#972 3 years ago

My absolute #1 pick for favorite death metal album ever is Deicide's DEICIDE.
WTF is yours?

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WTF is yours?

That album rips, definitely in my top 10. Always loved the simplicity of the medallion cover.

Not sure just yet what is number one.

Which is tangential to, what is your favorite death metal album cover?

One of my favorites is Butchered at Birth. When that first came out (almost 30 years ago!) that was pretty freaking intense imagery. Now the gore/horror art concept seems very commonplace.

#974 3 years ago

That Deicide album cover is gonna be my next tattoo. So both streets crossed lol.

#975 3 years ago

Shameless self promotion..... If any of you are interested. The magazine/comp will be released on Monday 6/22 and For The Pyres tape later in the week.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The blacksmith picture is wild. Painful just looking at it.

I’d have to dig up the dual tape deck. Are tape decks still available? I mean with albums on the comeback, maybe tapes are next?

#976 3 years ago

Ffs there's so many contenders for this title let's hear yers.

#977 3 years ago

Obv Tomb of the Mutilated automatic IN.

#978 3 years ago

Slowly We Rot/Cause of Death gotta be in there.

#979 3 years ago

Or End Complete.

#980 3 years ago

Not to get too Glenn Benton dicksucky but Vital Remains Icons of Evil up in there too.

#981 3 years ago

None So Vile has legs for #1 too.
Lotta albums do. Deicide will always be my def of what dm should sound like.
Since I'm banned from ALL fs threads for a couple days, this thread will get all my love tonight.

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Since I'm banned from ALL fs threads for a couple days, this thread will get all my love tonight.

Thinking it would be difficult to get kicked out of a death metal thread, unless the music is so far removed from death doom and destruction

Pretty sure nobody is paying attention to us here and there are only a handful of us regularly checking here.

BTW I have a YouTube mix going and Cenotaph is playing. I know you are on a Bolt Thrower kick

#983 3 years ago

Listenin to Warmaster right now. Again. Jajaja.

#984 3 years ago

Corpse what is your number one over all?

#985 3 years ago

I'm gonna guess Butchered at Birth.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm gonna guess Butchered at Birth.

It is extremely hard to choose a number one album.

Butchered is a pretty good guess. Cannibal Corpse is my overall favorite Death Metal band hands down.

However, as easy as it would be for me to pick a Corpse album, if I am honest, the album that has been in solid, constant rotation for decades is Morbid Angel’s Altars of Madness. It came out a couple years before Butchered, so it was already getting heavy play. I was 20 in 1989 when Altars came out and was blown away. Now I’m 50 and am still quite impressed with it.

Oh, and in the art discussion, I enjoy the artwork on Altars

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WTF is yours?

Deicide, Deicide album.... best....

#988 3 years ago

Nice pass Corpse but I have also been on a MA kick Blessed then Altars for me. Fuck yeah.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WTF is yours?

Possessed Seven Churches

#990 3 years ago

Well motherfucking finally.

#991 3 years ago

Damn. Gonna go with the actual INVENTORS OF THE GENRE huh?
Fascinating.

#992 3 years ago

Hardest we will ever see is Iron Maiden...

#993 3 years ago

Pinball machine that is....

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Hardest we will ever see is Iron Maiden...

Curious: Do you think Maiden is harder than Metallica? Are we talking rulesets, music, what?

#995 3 years ago

I was thinking of possibly using this forum to sell some of my metal and death. Metal records. If anyone is interested do a Google search discogs smognote to see my collection. I have alot of low number European imports. Not sure if I would ship them or not. Would prefer someone coming over to inspect condition even though most my stuff is mint nm

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I was thinking of possibly using this forum to sell some of my metal and death. Metal records. If anyone is interested do a Google search discogs smognote to see my collection. I have alot of low number European imports. Not sure if I would ship them or not. Would prefer someone coming over to inspect condition even though most my stuff is mint nm

Long shot here, but do you happen to have a CD copy of (Indianapolis thrash) Drop Dead's "Death by Fusion" from 1994? My #1 most sought after recording. Which brings me to my next question...any CD's for sale or strictly vinyl? I know, I need to buy a damn record player. I still buy CD's, and the thought of starting over with a much more expensive medium, well, not yet.

1 week later
#998 3 years ago

I'm giving Wolverine Blues another chance, and it's not as bad as I had previously mentioned. It actually pretty damn good. It's the vocals that are throw in me slightly off.
Even though they formed three years earlier, Entombed strike me as a dollar store version of Crowbar. But it ain't bad.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It actually pretty damn good.

Yep. I mean its no Clandestine or Left Hand Path but a pretty good album. Blood song comes to mind, Heres an early 90's band I forgot about.

#1000 3 years ago

Sorry no CDs only vinyl. Brings me back to the good old 80s

There are 1,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-death-metal-fans/page/20?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.