FB_IMG_1584473257752 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1562864268674 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708643846608 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708560320972 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1708398785730 (resized).jpg
91143183_523447681701095_1548993680035355812_n (resized).jpg
821effe1e68c9e37831008d0f85f7a5e (resized).jpg
There are 1,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 35.
#1 9 years ago

I was just curious how many Death Metal fans were on pinside, I love all music but Death Metal since the late 80's has been a favorite genre of mine. I'm starting with this Six feet Under song and great compilation video. ENJOY

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I was just curious how many Death Metal fans were on pinside, I love all music but Death Metal since the late 80's has been a favorite genre of mine. I'm starting with this Six feet Under song and great compilation video. ENJOY
» YouTube video

I love death and black metal. Six Feet Under is a bit main stream for me, especially since they did that car commercial. When I was younger I went to A TON of death and black metal concerts in Toronto. Cradle of Filth, Mortis, Mortician, Immolation, Angel Corps, Hoard of Worms, just to name a few of the many I went to.

#3 9 years ago

I've got a few CD's in my collection from back when I was experimenting a lot. It makes me laugh a little when I think, did I shell out $12.99 for a 3rd Obituary record? Really?!?

Is that Ninja Scroll in your avatar?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I've got a few CD's in my collection from back when I was experimenting a lot. It makes me laugh a little when I think, did I shell out $12.99 for a 3rd Obituary record? Really?!?
Is that Ninja Scroll in your Avatar?

Yes sir. One of my favorite films, not just Japanamation of all time. So great.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I love death and black metal. Six Feet Under is a bit main stream for me, especially since they did that car commercial. When I was younger I went to A TON of death and black metal concerts in Toronto. Cradle of Filth, Mortous, Mortician, Immolation, Angel Corps, Hoard of Worms, just to name a few of the many I went to.
» YouTube video

Quater Grabber I hardly knew thee. I was at some of those shows, SixFeet under has a handful of great songs which is kinda what most DeathMetal bands are like for me but when they are great they are really great.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quater Grabber I hardly knew thee. I was at some of those shows, SixFeet under has a handful of great songs which is kinda what most DeathMetal bands are like for me but when they are great they are really great.
» YouTube video

I was probably at a lot of the same shows as you and we've probably met before and didn't even know it, lol.

#7 9 years ago

I worked with the lead guitarist of Skinless for years. He was a pretty cool dude.

#8 9 years ago

Death metal fan here. I love it all but my favorites are Suffocation, Decapitated, Death, Bloodbath, Gorguts, Immolation, older Opeth, At the Gates, Anata, Enslaved ... I'm forgetting tons. I have a soft spot for progressive or technical death metal in particular.

#9 9 years ago

Everything hougie said. Cephalic carnage, necrophagist for example. I recorded many death metal bands in the past.

#10 9 years ago

If Chris woulda started talkin about no credit check and jumped in a Buick Regal, I wouldve thrown all my Six Feet Under in the trash. Maybe even Tomb of the Mutilated (ok...no way). Glad it was a Porsche, cuz I REALLY love Maximum Violence.

#11 9 years ago

Count me in.

My handle is derivative of my favorite hobby and band

#12 9 years ago

Good lord...haven't heard that term since Cartoon Network imported their first shows.....was Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, and something else I can't quite remember...

*Edit* Nevermind, it was Akira. Duh.

#14 9 years ago

I listen to all types of metal - have long since lost track of what genre was what, but like mine mixed with thrash, symphonic, punk, and black n roll. Didn't ever really get into death except in high school when I was trying to appear angry and edgy (here's looking at you, Deicide). Of course, it's still pretty tough to beat some Vader when you feel like it.

#15 9 years ago

I met Jon Schnepp of the Dethklok series and he drew this up on the back of the Dethklok book jacket:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I listen to all types of metal - have long since lost track of what genre was what, but like mine mixed with thrash, symphonic, punk, and black n roll. Didn't ever really get into death except in high school when I was trying to appear angry and edgy (here's looking at you, Deicide). Of course, it's still pretty tough to beat some Vader when you feel like it.
» YouTube video

My favorite Vader album. The art of war is a rediculous EP.

#17 9 years ago

Going to Maryland Death Fest this year!

#18 9 years ago

I'm a big death metal fan. Love the technical stuff and the brutal slam stuff too.

Favorites include Suffocation, Wormed, Internal Bleeding, Gorguts, Devourment, Defeated Sanity, Guttural Secrete... you get the idea.

It would be great if someone made a custom Cannibal Corpse pin.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Going to Maryland Death Fest this year!

This is always the weekend that my school has graduation and I can't get away. It kills me!

I have several pals who make the trip every year. Most of them write for lastrites.es aka metalreview.com Great group of people if you want to meet some like minded folks there.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Good lord...haven't heard that term since Cartoon Network imported their first shows.....was Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, and something else I can't quite remember...
*Edit* Nevermind, it was Akira. Duh.

What about Fist of the North Star, that was a great one.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

it's still pretty tough to beat some Vader when you feel like it.

Agreed.

#22 9 years ago

Death Metal is what opened my mind and made me question those who were telling me how I should think or what to believe in back when I was 15. It was the driving force for my independence.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What about Fist of the North Star, that was a great one.

I could go on and on and easily derail the thread, but to sum it up, basically I can't stand to watch many of these "early releases" from the 90's... the dubbing was godawful, and even when they did subtitles and left the voicing in Japanese, it was very poorly translated most of the time and sometimes made no sense at all. I'm sure I've seen Ninja Scroll, but it's been 10+ years at least, probably same deal with FotNS. I don't recall either one being particularly memorable. Probably for the reasons above... probably also why Robot Carnival will be forever seared into memory, because it has so little speech or need for speech in most of the shorts.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Sorry, but this has me laughing. I know he is trying to be hardcore, but I just feel like its a special ed kid trying to sing.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have a soft spot for progressive or technical death metal in particular.

If you haven't already checked them out you might really dig Spawn of Possession, they do some really good technical death work.

I got through phases. Right now I'm mostly just playing Atlanta trap rap all day. But then I'll switch up moods and it's going to be more like Morbid Angel, Carcass, Nile, Suffocation, Bolt Thrower, etc for a month straight.

I prefer my music on the intense side generally speaking, but death metal or gangsta rap can both tickle the same spots for me.

#26 9 years ago

Spawn of Possession are awesome. Willowtip has a bunch of great technical dm/grind bands on the roster.

#27 9 years ago

Revocation , these guys have a lot of potential ...

- this video is great!

#28 9 years ago

Revocation is fantastic, but I thought we were talking about trve death metal. hee hee

#29 9 years ago

I have a Dimmu Borgir song in my car and a couple Mortiis songs... he used to be a bassist in Emporer that almost counts as being black metal which I realize isn't death metal.

I'm just not cool enough for this club.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Spawn of Possession are awesome. Willowtip has a bunch of great technical dm/grind bands on the roster.

I love this video of covering Spawn of Possession bass, love hearing it so high in the mix like this:

Plus it's just insane.

#31 9 years ago

I went a show here in St. Louis years ago with four bands...
Cannibal Corpse,Demolition Hammer,Cancer,and Decide.
It was wild...always been a fan and my wife frigin' hates it.....LOL!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Demolition Hammer

Oh wow, I haven't thought about Demolition Hammer in ages, totally forgot about that band.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry, but this has me laughing. I know he is trying to be hardcore, but I just feel like its a special ed kid trying to sing.

Thats OK, it makes me laugh too but in a good way. Thats Glen Benton and hes not trying to be hardcore believe me. What do you listen to, not being defensive as I like classical first and foremost with DMetal and Funk, jazz and fusion etc. all following I'll give you an example.

#34 9 years ago

A lot of great bands have come outta Cali (duh), ....but the amount of insane, really great death that has been spawned in FL is second to none.
Kinda ironic, with all the Mickey Mouse bullshit ( literally) and old folks.
When we moved to St. Louis in 09, I took my small grill and all the meat in my freezer to a Vital Remains / Demiricous / Legion show and cooked out for the bands / fans.
So I made Glen Benton a chicken sandwich. If I had known he wasnt going to be wearing that suit of armor that I was SO dying to see, I would not have served him.

#35 9 years ago

Vital Remains : my Easter soundtrack.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

A lot of great bands have come outta Cali (duh), ....but the amount of insane, really great death that has been spawned in FL is second to none.
Kinda ironic, with all the Mickey Mouse bullshit ( literally) and old folks.

I still stand behind this theory:
A bunch of misfit kids were sent to live with their grandparents in Florida and hated the whole scene. They hated the sun, beaches, pretty people, and decided to stay inside and sulk. Creates a great atmosphere for great death metal. Angst and frustration can produce some great art.
That's just my take on why Florida was a awesome death metal hotbed.

#37 9 years ago

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love this video of covering Spawn of Possession bass, love hearing it so high in the mix like this:
» YouTube video
Plus it's just insane.

Man I love seeing death bassists who foresake the pick....way harder than it looks. This dude is pretty damn good. Youre right Aurich, hearing it up top makes it really pop, pun intended.

Great thread Hazoff,..love discovering new metal ( diggin Spawn of Possession) Funny timing...Ive been blasting Maximum Violence and Undead all week. Big Barnes fan here.

Edit : I realize that bassist is not in SoP, his youtube channel is pretty killer though. Actually, the songs from SoP that Ive been hearing Im not liking. Hate keyboards in my metal. Bells and chimes are for EM's, not death metal. Guess Im not listening to their better stuff.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I realize that bassist is not in SoP, his youtube channel is pretty killer though.

Yeah, he's really talented. I have the "demo" from his band, Decrescent, and it's pretty good.

#40 9 years ago

Congrats Aurich on joining Heighway ! Finally some good news round here !

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

» YouTube video

De Profundis is my grail of Vader albums. Have not found one yet, but need to. Heard its their best. Is it even better than their demo / Reborn in Chaos ? Cause that album is one of my favorite metal albums ever.
Sigh....the search continues.

#42 9 years ago

Started with Kiss and Aerosmith. Found Metallica and Kill em All . Slid straight in to Slayer. Then turned the cross upside down and went straight to Hell . Still love Sodum to this day. 48 years old and the hair to my waist doesn't even cover my ears

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have a soft spot for progressive or technical death metal in particular.

I do as well... Opeth, Becoming the Archetype, Meshuggah, and Gojira are good examples of the genre.

#44 9 years ago

God-zirra !
So France has a total of 4 cool dudes. And probably 3 at that.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from rvboarder:

Started with Kiss and Aerosmith. Found Metallica and Kill em All . Slid straight in to Slayer. Then turned the cross upside down and went straight to Hell . Still love Sodum to this day. 48 years old and the hair to my waist doesn't even cover my ears

Sounds like the soundtrack to my life as well. My hayday as a teenager was growing up in the Bay Area. So from 88-94 Went to all the Thrash shows in the Bay all the way to the Death boom in the early 90's. Fav show to this day was Death, Pestilence and Carcass at the Omni in 90. So many awesome shows I saw. Glad I was a teen around that time. Still into metal to this day.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Sounds like the soundtrack to my life as well. My hayday as a teenager was growing up in the Bay Area. So from 88-94 Went to all the Thrash shows in the Bay all the way to the Death boom in the early 90's. Fav show to this day was Death, Pestilence and Carcass at the Omni in 90. So many awesome shows I saw. Glad I was a teen around that time. Still into metal to this day.
» YouTube video

That video is GRRRREAT !
I love the chick eating pizza.
I....CUM......BLOOD.....instant pit....always.

#47 9 years ago

Bay area teenager in the Golden Age of Thrash ?? So jealous.
I was mowing lawns in Indy, listening to DRI over and over ( thats right,...my Walkman tape player had auto-reverse).

#48 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm more of a thrash guy, but I like some death. Novembers Doom etc.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Bay area teenager in the Golden Age of Thrash ?? So jealous.
I was mowing lawns in Indy, listening to DRI over and over ( thats right,...my Walkman tape player had auto-reverse).

Ya you name it I saw it. Was at serval video shoots as well. DRI suit and tie guy at the Omni, Exodus toxic waltz at the Fillmore and this insane one at the Stone

#50 9 years ago

Heres a great take on a Cannibal Corpse song.

There are 1,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-death-metal-fans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.