(Topic ID: 55289)

PinsideMail - No mail, but upper right icon blinking that I do ??

By PinRob

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sunfox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Anybody else have the blinking icon and message that you've got new mail when you don't?

#4 10 years ago

Nope. Is it browser related??

#5 10 years ago

Yep good to here others are seeing this

#6 10 years ago

Just refresh screen. It will go away.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just refresh screen. It will go away.

Nope that's not the answer

#8 10 years ago

Do most on here get a blinking mail alert? Just curious as mine pops up but never blinks.

#9 10 years ago

Happened to me a couple times in the past few months.
    Might be a login/cookie issue.
    Try logging out and logging back in.

#10 10 years ago

Yep been like this for at least 3 weeks for me.

#11 10 years ago

Mine only pops up when I have mail to read and then disappears after mail is opened and screeen is refreshed. No changes over past weeks.

#12 10 years ago

any other clues about how to fix this??

#13 10 years ago

Try clearing your browser's cache.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from balbers:

Try clearing your browser's cache.

That was one of the first things I did

#15 10 years ago

There's probably nothing you can do.

If the "new message" count is maintained separate of messages (so it doesn't have to wastefully count them up every single time), then it's possible for the database to occasionally get out-of-sync, where the count is positive but there are no more messages to read, so it never gets back to zero (or it might actually be negative, and since that isn't zero, "new message!"). Considering the SQL overload problems that happen during peak periods...

On the server side, easiest thing to solve this problem would be to add an occasional full recount of messages and new messages for a user's account. For example, do it whenever a message is deleted, and/or add a "fix message count" link somewhere.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsidemail-no-mail-but-blinking-that-i-do-have-new-mail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.