• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jgentry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0982 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Over the last about 10-15 years I have become more interested in wine. I'm a small time collector and amateur maker of wine. I thought it would be cool to have a thread were we can chat about what we are drinking. There are so many wineries now that it's impossible to keep up so this is the thread to share your favorite vintages each year along with your favorite wineries.

Yes there are tons of forums that are based just on this, but I trust pinball peoples tastes better

I'll start with a bottle we had last night
https://www.chateaustjean.com/our-wines/appellation-collection/cuvee-8555-sonoma-county/2013
This is still a young wine but I like to always try a bottle and save a few for a few years down the road. My wife and I stumbled (literally) into Chateau St. Jean on a trip to Sonoma last Feb. It's a large vineyard that makes a lot of different wines, I personally do not like their whites, but their reds over all are really good. This is a bit of an odd ball for me as the percentages of each grape are very different then most blends you with see. It's a big wine and you get a lot of Merlot at the front, heavy Petite Verdot in the middle and a big Malbec finish. My wife thought she tasted the Cab Franc instead of Petite Verdot. I didn't really get any Cabernet, Cab Franc, or Syrah but the other grapes are so strong that's probably to be expected. If you like really bold red blends this one is great and should only get better if you have some patience.

#2 6 years ago

Only wine on hand right now is a bottle sent to me from a nice man in France, who I helped with his WOZ a couple years back.

LTG : )

IMG_0982 (resized).JPGIMG_0982 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only wine on hand right now is a bottle sent to me from a nice man in France, who I helped with his WOZ a couple years back.
LTG : )

A very nice man indeed. Probably need to make that one disappear in the next year or so.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-wino-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.