Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should we bring back the thumbs down feature?”

• Yes get it back the way it was! 185 votes
      71%
    • Yes, but make it anonymous! 24 votes
      9%
    • No, good riddance! 51 votes
      20%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    FC.png
    Banner.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_18.58.38.png
    thumb-fiction-660x371.jpg
    Hansoloprofilethumb-660x833.jpg
    Zissou_thumb-660x284.jpg
    Determinedator-660x371.jpg
    spck-thumb-nicholas-C-660x504.png
    The-Mates-Rix-660x348.jpg
    index.jpg
    thumbs_up_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    thumb_down.jpg
    family_stuff.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 8 years ago

I can't get beyond the basement popup on my Blackberry. It tries to center itself, but ends up too large so I can't click the accept button. And the new posts in the thread get marked as read even though I couldn't read them...

#207 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

It's probably because you're still using a blackberry.

Still? I just got this thing like a month ago. Physical qwerty or bust!

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I can't get beyond the basement popup on my Blackberry. It tries to center itself, but ends up too large so I can't click the accept button. And the new posts in the thread get marked as read even though I couldn't read them...

I was able to switch to desktop mode to click the accept button on the basement popup.

#346 8 years ago

What about an annual fund-raiser? My local public radio station does one twice a year where donors get a chance to win something basically every hour (not suggesting Pinside have an hourly reward, but maybe daily?). There's a concept of a sustaining member who has setup a payment plan and they're entered into every drawing.

Maybe vendors would donate prizes?

It seems like it would be possible to state a financial goal and do a donation drive to countdown the donations until the goal is met. Then wait a year (maybe do it twice a year?) and do it again.

I will also point out that the public radio station doesn't do commercials, per se. They have the DJs read out the companies who have donated. So maybe there's a place for vendors to donate and get a callout on a banner or something?

#403 8 years ago

How about an OT flag for posts outside of the basement? You can have a setting in your account that if a post gets flagged by X Pinsiders, it doesn't show up for you without clicking it. Then those who like to have OT sidebars can do so without impacting the overall thread for the average user. Maybe any responses that quote an OT post get auto flagged?

#409 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

You know those ratings in the top right of every box that include an "off-topic" option? That's exactly why that was created, so that there could be an optional auto-collapse feature for posts rated as off-topic. But the backlash against those ratings instead of thumbs up/down, and lack of anyone using them, means that Robin is re-evaluating things.

Maybe it just needs to be more black and white. Either it's on-topic by virtue of a low off-topic rating, or it's off-topic.

If thumbs down comes back, maybe it's just thumbs up-thumbs down to register agreement/disagreement with the post and an optional Off-Topic flag if you're inclined to mark a post as off topic in hopes of eliminating that post from future Pinsiders' casual viewing of the thread.

Here's an example I can think of where something like that might be helpful:
    Some time ago someone had posted a tech thread for JP and titled it something like "Can't get t-rex to eat balls". The first 5 or so posts were just innuendo jokes by people contributing nothing to the thread. I'd gladly mark those as OT if I ran into them in hopes that a future user with a similar issue could search for the thread and get the relevant info they need and not have to wade through garbage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.